PDA

View Full Version : How can someone be banned with 0 posts?

cubic
01-09-2014, 02:38 PM
As the topic says.

I have a member who is banned and canīt even make his first post on here. Where is the logic in that?

Thief
01-09-2014, 02:44 PM
IP Ban?

The Recieved a ban under a different account and then thought that they could get around it by simply making a new account?

OBAMASMAMA
01-09-2014, 02:46 PM
IP ban is the only possible way.. And if you get IP banned, you're honestly doing something really jacked up.

cubic
01-09-2014, 02:53 PM
IP ban when he has a brand new ISP? First time visit with his new ISP?

Nope, canīt be that.

Bandit_
01-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Did they activate their account?

Babytway
01-09-2014, 03:13 PM
i was banned for 6 mos. just back today

ploop
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM

welcome back i guess. you'll be surprised to see how many are left:eek:

Sirius
01-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Please have them send in a request to support. They should be able to look into it further.

cubic
01-09-2014, 03:20 PM
He already sent 2 requests.
Please have them send in a request to support. They should be able to look into it further.

Marine007
01-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Gree has mind reading powers now, he was thinking something that got him banned

KingOW
01-09-2014, 04:49 PM
He made 1 post, it got deleted and then he got a ban.

Drew's Crew
01-09-2014, 04:58 PM

When has sending a ticket to support helped anything'or anyone???

Luv4UR Mom
01-09-2014, 05:07 PM
When has sending a ticket to support helped anything'or anyone???

Don't bad mouth support, or you'll be next! 😝

Most likely, it's like Marine said- Gree knew he was thinking about posting something that violated forum rules, so it was a preemptive ban. Gree sees all, and knows all..... They are the puppet masters.

KingOW
01-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Don't bad mouth support, or you'll be next! 😝Most likely, it's like Marine said- Gree knew he was thinking about posting something that violated forum rules, so it was a preemptive ban. Gree sees all, and knows all..... They are the puppet masters.I thought the Molly's was the puppet masters but I can be wrong.

Luv4UR Mom
01-09-2014, 05:57 PM
I thought the Molly's was the puppet masters but I can be wrong.

Everyone knows MV works for Gree..... That's the only way one makes enough money, to buy the steroids, which support pecs like that.

MattThomas08
01-09-2014, 06:05 PM
He made 1 post, it got deleted and then he got a ban.

+1 on this being a possibility.

bravo 6 vk
01-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Prolly GREE couldn't bear the account name lol

Luv4UR Mom
01-09-2014, 06:16 PM
+1 on this being a possibility.

What a ridiculous notion..... The fact that Gree reads people's minds, and has spies planted outside all of our windows, is a lot more plausible.

sister morphine
01-09-2014, 10:38 PM

Nope, canīt be that.
Is he using a mobile device to access the internets? It's happened before that a range of IP addresses have been banned to get rid of some troublesome person, and he may have got caught up in it.

sister morphine
01-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Welcome back :)

alex6789
01-09-2014, 10:47 PM
What a ridiculous notion..... The fact that Gree reads people's minds, and has spies planted outside all of our windows, is a lot more plausible. hey they can't get us as long as we wear our tinfoil hats :p

Pig Farmers
01-09-2014, 10:51 PM
As the topic says.

I have a member who is banned and canīt even make his first post on here. Where is the logic in that?

Sounds to me that this person was definitely doing something under a different name and has had his IP address blocked from the forums... Sometimes it doesn't take much, just pissing off the wrong person will do it at times.

sister morphine
01-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Sounds to me that this person was definitely doing something under a different name and has had his IP address blocked from the forums... Sometimes it doesn't take much, just pissing off the wrong person will do it at times.

You're forgetting this

Nope, canīt be that.

CJ54
01-09-2014, 11:13 PM
It could be a couple of different things (there are a couple of IP bans that are still a bit too wide, for instance). Sending in a support ticket is the way to get it sorted out or get an answer as to what is going on there.

Barlow the Redhead
01-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Does he have a running VPN on? When I first started forum I was instantly banned because my of the VPN (Onavo) I had running. Now when ever I want to get on forum I have to turn it off or my account will still say banned. Have them check that; especially if they are iOS.

Hope that helps.

cubic
01-09-2014, 11:45 PM
thanks, will ask him if he use a mobile device and/ or VPN.

Judging by his persona I doubt he would have ever posted any bad thing under a different name, but ofcourse we can never know that for sure.

Well, I hope it gets sorted soon as he can't even view threads, pm is the only thing working for him.

Shadypal
01-10-2014, 01:25 AM
I got banned 3 different days within a week of creating a Gree account. Sent in tickets every time. Never got warning, emails or any explanation. I would just sent in my ticket and they would remove my ban only to ban me the next day or two. All I did was post in the free agents thread looking for a guild I think.

Maybe they were mad for not requesting them as a friends when I first joined.

Ciara
01-10-2014, 01:43 AM
It may be related to the phone network he's using. I had exactly the same problem when I first set up an account.

Gree appears to have blanket bans in place on cellular phone networks. So to this day, I can not access the forum if my phone is using the Vodafone IP address, and it appears that I am banned, but it works fine using my home broadband.

Marine007
01-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Don't bad mouth support, or you'll be next! 😝

Most likely, it's like Marine said- Gree knew he was thinking about posting something that violated forum rules, so it was a preemptive ban. Gree sees all, and knows all..... They are the puppet masters.
Lol and we are the puppets

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-10-2014, 03:09 AM
thanks, will ask him if he use a mobile device and/ or VPN.

Judging by his persona I doubt he would have ever posted any bad thing under a different name, but ofcourse we can never know that for sure.

Well, I hope it gets sorted soon as he can't even view threads, pm is the only thing working for him.

Get rid of the cookie downloaded or clear the cache.

sister morphine
01-10-2014, 03:12 AM
It may be related to the phone network he's using. I had exactly the same problem when I first set up an account.

Gree appears to have blanket bans in place on cellular phone networks. So to this day, I can not access the forum if my phone is using the Vodafone IP address, and it appears that I am banned, but it works fine using my home broadband.
99.9% of my time here is via iPad on the 3 network, so it's not a universal ban on mobile networks. I'd agree a blanket ban on the provider is the likely cause though.

Ciara
01-10-2014, 03:22 AM
Yup, I probably should have qualified that statement with "some" mobile networks, but I suspect that's the problem. I had zero posts as well

tom73
01-10-2014, 04:06 AM
Yup, I probably should have qualified that statement with "some" mobile networks, but I suspect that's the problem. I had zero posts as well

Yep. I have always had an ip ban on my phone network too. It only takes 1 ****....