Big John
01-09-2014, 05:28 AM
Why are old threads appearing?

bergmystr
01-09-2014, 05:32 AM
Zombie apocalypse.

SGT Rud
01-09-2014, 05:33 AM
It happens about once every two weeks. Some guy goes back to page 50 and pulls three or four of them out. The funny part is sometimes, someone who once commented in that thread well over a year ago, will comment in it again like the thread is new. Still very annoying though.

Diverguy
01-09-2014, 06:25 AM
Well said Rud

Thief
01-09-2014, 06:33 AM
It happens about once every two weeks. Some guy guys back to page 50 and pulls three or four of them out. The funny part is sometimes, someone who once commented in that thread well over a year ago, will comment in it again like the thread is new. Still very annoying though.

Yea i was half in a zombie state and noticed the first one (letting them know it was a Necro) only to find out the whole first page is Necro Threads.

Im not sure what Gree could do to combat that? I suppose they could only allow Senior Members to Comment on pages that were more than 20 pages back?

Then again the Concrete Pages and Join my faction Pages get equally frustrating when they take up 75% of the page.

Cptcracka
01-09-2014, 06:40 AM
People do that to get their post count up by replying to useless threads that they don't have to put any useful input into

Jason5200
01-09-2014, 06:52 AM
I'm going to wait a year and respond to this as if its new lol

droffatsto50
01-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Yea i was half in a zombie state and noticed the first one (letting them know it was a Necro) only to find out the whole first page is Necro Threads.

Im not sure what Gree could do to combat that? I suppose they could only allow Senior Members to Comment on pages that were more than 20 pages back?

Then again the Concrete Pages and Join my faction Pages get equally frustrating when they take up 75% of the page.
You're not the only one. Said on one, noticed 5 others lol...

Blade of 3
01-09-2014, 08:15 AM
I think people new to forums on general don't realize what they are doing wrong.

SGT Rud
01-09-2014, 08:54 AM

Agreed. Would be nice to see some type of timer per thread, once a thread as lapsed a certain ammount of time with no additional post, the thread would automatically lock and no more comment could be made. This would leave the thread back where it belongs. If it had valuable info in it, someone could just referance the threads URL or reply with quote in the new thread to which the old material is relevant.

As for the endless supply of selling concrete threads, I think those are horrible as well. Sometimes I see 6 threads on page on staggered around. I have no solution to combat that other than forum members posting that info in a single thread. That one doesnt really belong in the faction recruitment section, but I would say the join my faction for a unit or kill this boss does need to be in that section.

CJ54
01-09-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm on the thread necros right now, will get those cleaned up.

Regarding selling concrete and players asking for help with the raid boss, we could potentially start asking people to move those to a different sub-forum.

Thief
01-09-2014, 10:19 AM

Regarding selling concrete and players asking for help with the raid boss, we could potentially start asking people to move those to a different sub-forum.

CJ,

I think it would be nice to see a Sub-Forum For trading Resources (Be it in game cash, concrete, folders and make it explicity that is the only place where the posts can be made.

To me asking for help on raid boss is the same as recruitment...but thats just my outlook. Others have argued something very different.

droffatsto50
01-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Just an idea. Could you possibly put a review on any posts that contain certain words that are not allowed/should be somewhere else? So like in the general section, any newly created post with the word "recruitment" could be put on hold and reviewed by the mods. Would stop the flooding on recruitment posts on here for boss events... Of course that doesn't have to be the only word put up for review, but guessing you get the idea.

Luuzer
01-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Agreed. Would be nice to see some type of timer per thread, once a thread as lapsed a certain ammount of time with no additional post, the thread would automatically lock and no more comment could be made. This would leave the thread back where it belongs. If it had valuable info in it, someone could just referance the threads URL or reply with quote in the new thread to which the old material is relevant.

As for the endless supply of selling concrete threads, I think those are horrible as well. Sometimes I see 6 threads on page on staggered around. I have no solution to combat that other than forum members posting that info in a single thread. That one doesnt really belong in the faction recruitment section, but I would say the join my faction for a unit or kill this boss does need to be in that section.

noooooooooo...I have very useful information about some old stuff...just havent had time to post it :(

separate section for ingame trading has been wanted a long-long time....

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-09-2014, 09:10 PM

To Necro a thread is against the posting rules and subject to a ban.

CJ, How old does a post have to be before we are guilty of 'Necro'.