PDA

View Full Version : New LTB....just a goldsuck? or freebie?

GucciMane
01-08-2014, 05:33 PM
$900,000 initial cost, 12.5k base income 24 hour payout.

Big Top Burlesque, which was easily completable by most players costed $2,500,000 initially.

Unless this is a type A building which will require higher upgrade costs, an even larger portion of the players should be able to finish this event.

Phillip99
01-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Income sucks

jmeijer
01-08-2014, 05:38 PM
I'll skip it if the rewards suck just like the building..

Dahat1
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
I claim first since Philip didn't!

But seriously, 90k? I find that in my couch cushions!

OmgMileyCyrus
01-08-2014, 05:48 PM
In my opinion it's great! The low levels and poor people get to have an ltb they can complete or at least take pretty far and the people over 5m iph can continue upgrading NCs and good ltbs^^. Once prize list is released I'll decide weather it's worth it or not but either way I'm gonna save slot of cash next 2 weeks^^. Good job gree!

Fredfreddy
01-08-2014, 05:49 PM
finish-able for free in the old system (where you got the prize when you started the upgrade)
in the new system, you'll be about 40 hours short of finishing L10 (if you have that latest -3% mod)

tom73
01-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Is there any way to know if it is type a?

Phillip99
01-08-2014, 05:56 PM
This one will only be worth it if prizes are good.....really need a prize list, mods??

RuckusX
01-08-2014, 05:57 PM
finish-able for free in the old system (where you got the prize when you started the upgrade)
in the new system, you'll be about 40 hours short of finishing L10 (if you have that latest -3% mod)
wait, we have to wait until the building finishes upgrade to receive the prize? I haven't bought an LTB lately because of the horrible payout cycles.

GucciMane
01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
I've always felt like the lowbies needed an LTB for them, but it becomes irrelevant with the possible rivals list update.

To Die For Designs had a good price, it was like $10,000,000, IIRC? It allowed lowbies/newbies to rob and get it quickly and most newer iphers could save for it and an upgrade within the allowed time of the event. It also got expensive so the best prizes were reserved for the rich. A good "spread" if you will.

But at the same time for me, I'd rather it not be cheap because I want that competitive advantage from my IPH. I enjoyed the 30-70M range buildings.

Phillip99
01-08-2014, 05:59 PM
wait, we have to wait until the building finishes upgrade to receive the prize? I haven't bought an LTB lately because of the horrible payout cycles.

Yes, they just changed it.....btw, good to have a thread where we exchange useful info.....how long till this one gets hijacked by Pedro pimples, cap'n torgue, or various molley's voices

tom73
01-08-2014, 06:02 PM

Typically for the build you get prize on completion and for upgrades you get prize when you purchase.

GucciMane
01-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Typically for the build you get prize on completion and for upgrades you get prize when you purchase.

According to GREE, that was a "glitch" and they fixed it. I thought it was very fair, people still had to spend gold in the event, and for some who finished, considerable amounts.

Jinxybear
01-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Sl-ice rink? Are you serious? It takes up way too much space and it's an eyesore. Might give it a shot anyway cuz I'm my good is getting pretty boring

Euchred
01-08-2014, 06:11 PM
This LTB feels the same as all the others to me. I've enough time mods so that's not an issue and like the others it's easily affordable for me.

ShawnBB
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
This LTB feels the same as all the others to me. I've enough time mods so that's not an issue and like the others it's easily affordable for me.

Your IpH can buy the whole Gree :P

GucciMane
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
The real question is do I sell my big top burleseque? It's already covered in trash bags of hood art

Raws
01-08-2014, 06:23 PM

No you dont, last ltb was giving me prizes as soon as i upgraded

ImmaBoss
01-08-2014, 06:30 PM

Wrong.. You get the prize when you upgrade it not when it finishes

pualo
01-08-2014, 06:40 PM
In case u guys have not noticed, the last LTB started late 2013 and ended 2014.
In 2013, all prizes were awarded straight upon start of upgrade of LTB (like previous LTBs) but when 2014 started, prizes were only awarded after upgrade is completed.
Several users including me experienced the same issue and tickets were sent to GREE, till now I have not receive a satisfactory reply from GREE to confirm if the change will stay or revert to the old system.

Deadwater
01-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Wrong.. You get the prize when you upgrade it not when it finishes

Wrong, gree fixed that glitch.

For us Canadians this skating rink is amazing!! Easily complete it without gold.

ImmaBoss
01-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Wrong, gree fixed that glitch.

For us Canadians this skating rink is amazing!! Easily complete it without gold.
Sucks to be you... All ltbs I've done I got the prizes before it was finished

tom73
01-08-2014, 07:08 PM
But did you do 1 in January? I didn't.

Fredfreddy
01-08-2014, 07:13 PM
sucks to be all of us. you'll find out in 24 hours.

tom73
01-08-2014, 07:15 PM
sucks to be all of us. you'll find out in 24 hours.

Lol. Yep. I highly doubt the prizes will be great.

ImmaBoss
01-08-2014, 07:18 PM
But did you do 1 in January? I didn't.

Yes I was building the slay belles

Deadwater
01-08-2014, 07:18 PM

No you don't understand. Half way through the last ltb gree fixed the glitch to award prizes once the upgrade was finished. Sucks when you don't know what's going on huh.

Fairyfay627
01-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Level 1 weapon is defroster explosive 3930/4257

Fredfreddy
01-08-2014, 07:32 PM
No you don't understand. Half way through the last ltb gree fixed the glitch to award prizes once the upgrade was finished. Sucks when you don't know what's going on huh.

like I said, he'll find out in 24 hours. seeing is believing.

ImmaBoss
01-08-2014, 07:44 PM

I must be the lucky one cuz I got it right when I started to upgrade.. But I guess I'll find out in 24 hours like the gentlemen said earlier

Fredfreddy
01-08-2014, 07:47 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?79157-Slay-Belles-upgrade-no-reward

AliKat
01-09-2014, 02:05 AM
The level 10 prize is not awarded until it is complete if it's like the last ltb

My2cents
01-09-2014, 02:19 AM
The only way I will be upgrading this is while I wait for cash to build up for West Side Fine Gem upgrades. During this event I will be bringing two level 5 WSFG to an 8 and 7. In between I will be getting the Rink to a 5.

ZURENNARRH
01-09-2014, 07:54 AM
Started a level 2 upgrade, did not get the second prize.

Ev0l
01-09-2014, 08:09 AM
we need LBT That costs about 10 mil or more

Fredfreddy
01-09-2014, 08:17 AM
The only way I will be upgrading this is while I wait for cash to build up for West Side Fine Gem upgrades. During this event I will be bringing two level 5 WSFG to an 8 and 7. In between I will be getting the Rink to a 5.

I thought about doing that, but then I realized that the only usefulness of cash in this game is to get loot from LTBs. If you skip LTB upgrades in order to build IPH .. what are you really skipping them for?

TZora
01-09-2014, 08:24 AM
i really wonder why gree released such a small building for such a high iph? anyone know why...?

bravo 6 vk
01-09-2014, 08:30 AM
i really wonder why gree released such a small building for such a high iph?
ROFLMFAO!! Good Irony :D

TZora
01-09-2014, 08:33 AM
people are running out of hood space and they're releasing 3x3 (or is it 4x4 or 5x5) building .. smh .. this building should've been the size of pagodas :)

tom73
01-09-2014, 08:35 AM
I thought about doing that, but then I realized that the only usefulness of cash in this game is to get loot from LTBs. If you skip LTB upgrades in order to build IPH .. what are you really skipping them for?

Exactly. Prizes are pretty good and virtually free.

GucciMane
01-09-2014, 08:37 AM
I quick built it muself. with one more quick upgrade 3hours before bedtime I should have this all done for a very appropriate amount of gold (<200)

if you have less than 10% I'm building upgrade time mods, quick build may save you *near* double the time you'd do upgrades, but you'd need to plan ahead.

My2cents
01-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Gree will eventually put out another great loot LTB, but with even better prizes will be a greater cost. I want to be ready for that. Missing out on the prizes...I'll just hit the boss many more times than usual. Stat inflation will always be here so I wo t miss much.

murf
01-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Gree will eventually put out another great loot LTB, but with even better prizes will be a greater cost. I want to be ready for that. Missing out on the prizes...I'll just hit the boss many more times than usual. Stat inflation will always be here so I wo t miss much.

Yeah, but if you do this one, you 1) gain all the weapons and 2) will have billions on hand for the next one (or more). Which means you will go deep (L9-10) in 2+ LTBs. The amount of IPH gain by focusing on that for 18 days vs doing this LTB, while savings billions for the next one is marginal at best.

My2cents
01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Yeah, but if you do this one, you 1) gain all the weapons and 2) will have billions on hand for the next one (or more). Which means you will go deep (L9-10) in 2+ LTBs. The amount of IPH gain by focusing on that for 18 days vs doing this LTB, while savings billions for the next one is marginal at best.

By all means I know what I'm missing out on, but during the next 18 days my iph will go up $1.6M. Over the 18 day spread of the next building that'll add to $690M versus $10.1M for a level 10 SLice. I missed level 10 Slay Belles by $750M.

Fredfreddy
01-09-2014, 09:25 AM

Still unclear on this approach. This is basically free loot. I think you said you were stopping after 5, so you'll be missing 100K/100K of easy loot (6, 7, 8, 9) or more if you golded 10, plus you'll be sitting on several billion (assuming, I don't know your IPH) ready for the next LTB.

With your approach, you're just building IPH .. which is good .. but again, what is IPH for if not to be able to do LTBs for loot?

My2cents
01-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Still unclear on this approach. This is basically free loot. I think you said you were stopping after 5, so you'll be missing 100K/100K of easy loot (6, 7, 8, 9) or more if you golded 10, plus you'll be sitting on several billion (assuming, I don't know your IPH) ready for the next LTB.

With your approach, you're just building IPH .. which is good .. but again, what is IPH for if not to be able to do LTBs for loot?

I suppose I'm just gambling on a future LTB that will have an enormous cost. I figured out instead of going for WSFG I'm going to top my Pagodas and I'll still end with couple billion banked. My current IPH is $13.6M. I'd like to see what the guru of iph, JMeijer, has to input on it, however, I still do appreciate everyone's thoughts.

GucciMane
01-09-2014, 10:59 AM
I suppose I'm just gambling on a future LTB that will have an enormous cost. I figured out instead of going for WSFG I'm going to top my Pagodas and I'll still end with couple billion banked. My current IPH is $13.6M. I'd like to see what the guru of iph, JMeijer, has to input on it, however, I still do appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Did you finish / were you capable of finishing Slay Belles? That is a good indication for Sl-ICE+next building,you don't want to go level 6-8 on two ltbs, better to hit level 10 with one and go as high as possible on a relaxed schedule with the next one. I don't think ltb prize stats are going to inflate too much although these are alarmingly high!

murf
01-09-2014, 11:02 AM

BTW, my income on my main is around $23.5m/hr, so I liked to think I know a thing or two as well ;)

GucciMane
01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
You should be saving up more while playing this ltb than you are spending regardless. The final upgrade for this LTB is around 65M so that is the "freebie" Im talking about. many players will have billz saved up by the time next LTB rolls around. I'm popping up a nc upgrade as soon as I can after hitting L10, and will still have cash to spare