PDA

View Full Version : Dear Gree, Fix This Sh!7

Touch Down
01-08-2014, 11:30 AM
1. Cost of this game - to complete a LTQ we are talking hundreds of dollars!!! Come on get real and make the game affordable.

2. Scratchers - They suck

3. Attack and Defence skills. They are as useless as chicken crap on a pump handle. Make them mean something.

4. 20 gold for 1000 energy is terrible. You have increased the amount of energy to complete LTQ so the increase of energy refill should match.

5. RP and what you can buy with them. The items at the moment are pretty bad.

6. Stat inflation is making past rewards worthless. Y'all need to tone it down a little.

7. Cost of the game in general - you are milking us!

8. There are others I could add like Server performance, errors, comunication and so on but thats a whole other story.

Even though a Gree staff member is not required to respond to this I hope one of you will take the time to give some honest answers here.

ImWoey
01-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Ill give some honest answers on GREE's behalf.

No.

Dahat1
01-08-2014, 11:58 AM
I like this. Know why? Too bad, I'll tell you anyway. I like it because he's not whining. He's not complaining. He's not asking for free crap. He's giving honest, practical advice and his ideas are actually good. Like, really good. Companies shell out thousands of dollars to put together focus groups to make their product better, and he gave you this for free. Way I see it, there's only a few options here:

1) Whoever is making decisions is grossly incompetent, causing them to disregard good advice in a bad fiscal quarter.

2) Gree is trying to get rid of CC. Congratulations, you're doing a good job.

3) The mods and developers care, but for some reason, they are unable to influence any kind of decision the triumvirate are making; in effect, short circuiting any way for good ideas to get to people who could put those ideas to work.

Luv4UR Mom
01-08-2014, 12:07 PM
As much as I personally hate #6, it isn't going to change- People are impatient, and as new players/accounts come into the game, they want to be competetive quickly. Without stat inflation, that won't happen, their interest will fade, and they will just quit..... Without the new people, there is no one to replace those retiring or quitting.

GucciMane
01-08-2014, 12:12 PM
As much as I personally hate #6, it isn't going to change- People are impatient, and as new players/accounts come into the game, they want to be competetive quickly. Without stat inflation, that won't happen, their interest will fade, and they will just quit..... Without the new people, there is no one to replace those retiring or quitting.

New players have never gotten support. Did you mean, new minis?

RealTeflonDon
01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Touch Down, I whole-heartedly agree with your OP. Unfortunately, its been said before and just as unfortunately, it didn't change anything... *sadface* link to follow--

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?78647-Suggestions-for-a-better-Crime-City&p=1138729&viewfull=1#post1138729
^^Originally from^^

Twenty-five suggestions, in no particular order. Go---
(Sadly, TZora is probably right.)

1.) Shorten duration of Wars.

2.) Decrease gold requirements for everything.

3.) Make buying/upgrading hideouts easier (Leaders know what I'm talking about).

4.) Make previous LTBs available for a short period of time at the start of a new LTB cycle (should cost more than what they initially did)

5.) Add new equipment in store that is on par with current stat inflation.

6.) Add new Respect Point items in store (weapons, money buildings & defense buildings). I'm sitting on over 2mil RP because nothing in the store will improve my stats.

7.) Add more money buildings for each level tier.

8.) Rework defense building stats so they're not 100% obsolete.

9.) Adjust Scratch-Off item's stats to match current stat inflation.

10.) LTQ NPC "targets" should take priority when being tapped, over the "non-target" NPCs.

11.) Never have a Raid Boss lead off an event cycle again.

12.) 5 uzis should cost 1 bar of gold.

13.) Alternate means of earning gold should be implemented in-game. For instance, removing debris from your city would cost $$$ & take "x" amount of time to remove. Upon completion the player earns a couple bars of gold. New debris appears every day or so. Works great in a game called Jungle Heat

14.) Make stat points adjustable (should cost $$$, not gold).

15.) Stop punishing high level players in war by gyping them out of IP.. or at least increase the level cap.

16.) IP earned for successful attacks should not fluctuate hundreds of points at random...

17.) Make player stats viewable in the syndicate request tab on Android devices... (why aren't they????)

18.) Add features like Syndicate Cities that would be a new form of Syndicate Bonuses & Income for the syndicate. Also can be attacked/robbed by rival syndicates.

19.) Add more player information that helps track participation in any and every syndicate event.

20.) LTQs / SLTQs should include other types of quests other than NPC jobs. (Attacking "x" amount of players, robbing "x" amount of cash, build "x" amount of a certain type of building etc etc).

21.) Improve stats for Beginner LTQ items.

22.) Eliminate heinous lag during Wars while attacking opponents.

23.) Improve Case Event successful open rate.

24.) After a building has been robbed from twice it should not be robbable again for $1... smh...

25.) Stop being so GREE(dy)

Luv4UR Mom
01-08-2014, 12:33 PM
New players have never gotten support. Did you mean, new minis?

Both.... But, I'm not talking about support. I'm talking about growing in stats. Stat inflation makes new accounts of any kind quickly competetive, which is an incentive for that account owner (new player or old with a mini) to keep coming back, and to keep spending.

Again- I hate the inflation, because I've been around since before syns, but Gree isn't going to stop it, because doing so would inhibit growth of their customer base (i.e. more accounts to spend gold, whether they be new or old players with minis).

CJ54
01-08-2014, 02:00 PM
No offense, but is is hard to go into a thread with a serious bent towards collecting constructive feedback when the title is "Fix This Sh!7".

1: Potential hyperbole depending on individual playstyle choices, but understandable.

2: Agreed, Scratcher rewards currently blow (EDIT: by the standard of having played the game for a long time and participated in the events. As something you get for free once a day as a newer player, maybe not so much).

3: Agreed, although they aren't useless, just deprecated by stat inflation.

4: But if we already balance against the existing gold to energy ratio, would that change not lead to us raising the energy requirements and further stratifying things?

5: RP needs another work-over.

6: This one is tricky. Good rewards are what get people motivated to go do things. You have no doubt seen the occasional forum thread when the prize(s) are less than stellar and people are talking about sitting out; that carries into the game. On the other hand, yes, the stat inflation is concerning but not overly so yet. We have a mechanic planned to help address this that is still in the design phase right now.

7: I'm sorry to hear you feel like you're being milked. Again, to a large degree this also boils down to playstyle and what you feel like you need to complete to be competitive.

8: You'll find no argument that those three things all need to be addressed better. Spot of good news on that front is that we found the source of the lag and have eliminated it.

b-w
01-08-2014, 02:05 PM
wow. thanks for the response cj..

W9.
01-08-2014, 02:09 PM
CJ, I recommend implementing the free unit for logging in everyday feature that you've put in MW. Scratcher prizes are irrelevant and the only thing that would make scratchers relevant again is if one of the possible prizes was gold. So there's your 2 options. Either give us the same daily reward system as MW or make gold one of the possible prizes for Scratchers.

tomstenson
01-08-2014, 02:17 PM
CJ, I recommend implementing the free unit for logging in everyday feature that you've put in MW. Scratcher prizes are irrelevant and the only thing that would make scratchers relevant again is if one of the possible prizes was gold. So there's your 2 options. Either give us the same daily reward system as MW or make gold one of the possible prizes for Scratchers.

I like this idea, but the one thing that bugs me about the Modern War daily reward is you don't go back to "Day 1" if you don't log in for a day. You want to get people on, make the reward build for consecutive days. You miss a day, oh well, guess you need to make sure you log in for the next 28 days at least once every 24 hours.

The slogan can be "You have time to pee, you have time for Gree!"

PedroPimples
01-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Or make the scratchers like ka. There the top prizes are 500k stats.
Hardly anybody wins them but even 4* prize will make most players fight inventory.

Touch Down
01-08-2014, 02:20 PM
No offense, but is is hard to go into a thread with a serious bent towards collecting constructive feedback when the title is "Fix This Sh!7".

1: Potential hyperbole depending on individual playstyle choices, but understandable.

2: Agreed, Scratcher rewards currently blow.

4: But if we already balance against the existing gold to energy ratio, would that change not lead to us raising the energy requirements and further stratifying things?

6: This one is tricky. Good rewards are what get people motivated to go do things. You have no doubt seen the occasional forum thread when the prize(s) are less than stellar and people are talking about sitting out; that carries into the game. On the other hand, yes, the stat inflation is concerning but not overly so yet. We have a mechanic planned to help address this that is still in the design phase right now.

7: I'm sorry to hear you feel like you're being milked. Again, to a large degree this also boils down to playstyle and what you feel like you need to complete to be competitive.

8: You'll find no argument that those three things all need to be addressed better. Spot of good news on that front is that we found the source of the lag and have eliminated it.

Thank you for replying CJ54 (what does that mean anyway?)

Yes the term Sh!7 could be interpreted in many ways but you have shown a side to CJ54 that has risen above the phrase.

In response to you answer I would like to follow up.

1. The cost has increased for the average player per month to compete at the same level they have in the past. Can you look more into game cost to complete events please?
In the past most could make a vault or two last a whole month and do most events.... now not possible.

2. Nice honest answer - please fix this issue.

3. You acknowlegde this so that is a good start - please implement a solution.

4. You don't and shouldn't need to increase energy requirments as that would be pointless and keep the cost up.
I may be wrong but haven't the energy requirements already gone up for a LTQ & SLTQ?

5. Why not ask the community on some ideas. Make a post and lets get our thinking caps on.

6. Awesome to hear you are listening to the players. Pat on the back here :)

7. I like the game and I am prepared to spend money on it. Again the whole idea is to make event more reasonably priced.

8. Same as 6

Illuminati
01-08-2014, 02:23 PM

In my opinion, you should get a full bar of energy for the 20g, whether that be 1000 energy or 3000 energy. What good is investing skill points in energy if everyone gets the same 1000 energy for each refill? You guys have essentially eliminated pre-hitting for the LTQs where having a bigger energy pool may have helped in the past, by introducing new mobs to be hit for each new LTQ.

Frankly, much of the game has become obsolete with the constant stat inflation, and non-stop event after event, which requires gold to have any moderate amount of success. I understand there's a business side of things, but if Gree is even paying half attention to the feedback of the players, they'd see that people are starting to see that what now drives this game is purely for financial profit.

HavingFun
01-08-2014, 02:30 PM
CJ, just wanted to give a honest thank you for even replying. That's pretty cool and a step in the right direction to reconnect with the players :)

Danny Clear
01-08-2014, 02:51 PM
CJ, I recommend implementing the free unit for logging in everyday feature that you've put in MW. Scratcher prizes are irrelevant and the only thing that would make scratchers relevant again is if one of the possible prizes was gold. So there's your 2 options. Either give us the same daily reward system as MW or make gold one of the possible prizes for Scratchers. +1 the modern war daily reward system is awesome

Touch Down
01-08-2014, 02:52 PM
In my opinion, you should get a full bar of energy for the 20g, whether that be 1000 energy or 3000 energy. What good is investing skill points in energy if everyone gets the same 1000 energy for each refill? You guys have essentially eliminated pre-hitting for the LTQs where having a bigger energy pool may have helped in the past, by introducing new mobs to be hit for each new LTQ.

I understand there's a business side of things, but if Gree is even paying half attention to the feedback of the players, they'd see that people are starting to see that what now drives this game is purely for financial profit.

Agree on the energy refills.

Anyone with half a brain understand Gree are a business and need to make money - simple!
I kinda think Gree driving this game for profit isn't the reason players are stopping making purchases.

Going out on a limb here.

I think Gree want to make money and so be it this service can't be provided for free.
What they are doing IMO is creating a model that is going to hit the wall. Instead of getting more money out of gold purchases they need to look at the longevity of the game and look for repeat purchases and encouraging growth.

Scenario 1. Gree keep up with buisness model 'lets get more from each player'
Let's say they gain a new player, we will call him "Quagmire"

-Quagmire downloads the app and enjoys the game
-starts to play the game, joins a syndicate and build his stats.
-Quagmire needs to buy gold to become a reasonable player and is happy to do so.
-He now spends $400 a month.
-Game goes on for two months... giggity.
-Quagmire now needs to increase his gold spend to achieve the same gameplay as he did two months ago.
-Poor giggity goo now needs $500 per month to play at the same level as before and decides to quit.
$800 total spend over two months.
Total spend from Quagmire $800

Scenario 2. Gree decide on a buisness model 'lets grow our client base and get players returning each month'
Let's say they gain a new player, we will call him "Peter"

-Peter downloads the app and enjoys the game
-Peter needs to buy gold to become a reasonable player and is happy to do so.
-He now spends $200 a month.
-Game goes on for two months... hehe.
-Peter still enjoying game and is happy his $200 make him a reasonable player.
-Happy Peter keeps playing for another 6 months spending $200 a month.
$400 spend first two months
Total spend from Peter $1600

Sure the "Peter Model" is a bit fat and lazy and returns less profits from one account each month but long term he will spend more.
Now increase the amount of players and work on growth and retention the "Peter Model" is kinda cool.

Drew's Crew
01-08-2014, 02:58 PM

Anyone with half a brain understand Gree are a business and need to make money - simple!
I kinda think Gree driving this game for profit isn't the reason players are stopping making purchases.

I think Gree want to make money and so be it this service can't be provided for free.
What they are doing IMO is creating a model that is going to hit the wall. Instead of getting more money out of gold purchases they need to look at the longevity of the game and look for repeat purchases and encouraging growth.

-Quagmire needs to buy gold to become a reasonable player and is happy to do so.
-Quagmire now needs to increase his gold spend to achieve the same gameplay as he did two months ago.
-Poor giggity goo now needs $500 per month to play at the same level as before and decides to quit.

Scenario 2. Gree decide on a buisness model 'lets grow our client base and get players returning each month'

Me thinks someone watches too much "Family Guy".
RIP Brian. I still cry for him!!

Raws
01-08-2014, 03:02 PM

Excellent post, come on cj54 not all of us are made of money im sure you would get a lot more repeat custom if you lowered the price of play.

In the long run you would be making a lot more money.

On the note of saying if you increase energy refill will mean you increase ltqs more is wrong imo you already raised energy needed so raising energy refill will counterbalance that. I think if you made 20 gold a full energy refill you would have a lot more people spending.

Dont be greedy be fair

I love tacos
01-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Well said Touch Down, cheers.

W9.
01-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Me thinks someone watches too much "Family Guy".
RIP Brian. I still cry for him!!

They brought Brian back.

Touch Down
01-08-2014, 03:11 PM
They brought Brian back.

Sure it wasn't just Meg wearing a white suit?

Dahat1
01-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info, CJ! Really cool to have a back and forth with the powers that be.

djonny88
01-08-2014, 03:38 PM
1. Cost of this game - to complete a LTQ we are talking hundreds of dollars!!! Come on get real and make the game affordable.

2. Scratchers - They suck

3. Attack and Defence skills. They are as useless as chicken crap on a pump handle. Make them mean something.

4. 20 gold for 1000 energy is terrible. You have increased the amount of energy to complete LTQ so the increase of energy refill should match.

5. RP and what you can buy with them. The items at the moment are pretty bad.

6. Stat inflation is making past rewards worthless. Y'all need to tone it down a little.

7. Cost of the game in general - you are milking us!

8. There are others I could add like Server performance, errors, comunication and so on but thats a whole other story.

Even though a Gree staff member is not required to respond to this I hope one of you will take the time to give some honest answers here.

Word, i would like this 2

KemoKidd
01-08-2014, 03:47 PM
By far the best thread on this forum I have seen in a loooooong time! Not just bc of the op but bc there seems to be an honest response from a mod as well.

PoopyPants
01-08-2014, 03:51 PM

2: Agreed, Scratcher rewards currently blow (EDIT: by the standard of having played the game for a long time and participated in the events. As something you get for free once a day as a newer player, maybe not so much).

Thank you for actually giving us some insight into reoccurring complaints

ILikeTheAbuse
01-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Spot of good news on that front is that we found the source of the lag and have eliminated it.

I just re-upgraded from 3.8.2.1 back to 3.9.2.1 because I was forced to do so to play the RAID boss. With 3.9 and above, it takes more than twice as long to collect buildings. Sometimes I click collect on 10 buildings before it starts showing any changes. This is the best news I have heard in 3 months.

THANK YOU for looking into it!

Edit: I just watched a stack of money float to the top left corner for well over half a minute. I'm almost giddy at the prospect of a function Android version.

Edit Edit: Yeah, please get on that. I can't click on anything related to the RAID boss on my phone without crashing. Moved account back to BlueStacks. Now I can make it to the fight screen and it only crashes 2/3 times I click on "Quick Attack". When it doesn't crash I am lucky if it stops spinning and completes a hit before the rest of my syn takes out the L65 boss. Please update Android.

CATFACE
01-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Nice post to start with, thoughts that are echoed by most players so nice to see them well written out without any angst! Also nice to see CJ reply, and a good response it was too. The only thing I would add is it would be nice to have some events that are possible to complete without gold. That then rewards the very active members and would encourage others to buy gold to keep up. If people that invest time were in competition with those who invest money it could be pretty interesting. I'd be more inclined to buy gold if I couldn't complete an event cos I was out with a mate 1 night, rather than it was never possible to complete in the first place.

HavingFun
01-08-2014, 04:24 PM
It would be good for ALL normal LTQ events to be completed for free but we should have to pay for elite. Also yes 20 gold for 1,000 energy is too high. Refill on stamina is maxed at 50 so maybe refill on energy be maxed at 3,000 seems fair. Also thanks for the building upgrade time modifier. Looking foward to more of those I hope.

CATFACE
01-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Why should we have to pay for elite? When I found this game it was because I searched "strategy and logic". Elite for a game that advertise themselves as strategic should be doable for anyone that uses logic to weigh up options and makes game decisions based on that. There is no strategy if you have to pay to complete any event. That's a vending machine! "Yay, I won a diet coke" "Yay I won an LTQ" Same thing.

HavingFun
01-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Elite= gold players

CATFACE
01-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Elite= gold players
OK. Thanks for your input.

HavingFun
01-08-2014, 05:10 PM
OK. Thanks for your input.
No problem.

Mcockbur
01-08-2014, 05:12 PM
On the other hand, stats inflations kills loyal players in high levels that started playing years ago... A lvl 50 having more stats than a lvl 250??? Come on!

TZora
01-08-2014, 07:03 PM
right now, the game has only improved .. in terms of lag .. on the bad side. i just started the app and it is crashing madly .. everything is lag-ridden .. super lag .. anything i click just leads to a major phone hang. after 5 crashes and a ton of game not responding, i just closed the app. how much does it take to use a better server to host the game? increase RAM/CPU and w/e it takes to keep the game lag-free. This game is making GREE enough money to use a better server for hosting/running the game.

Dat Guy
01-08-2014, 07:41 PM
right now, the game has only improved .. in terms of lag .. on the bad side. i just started the app and it is crashing madly .. everything is lag-ridden .. super lag .. anything i click just leads to a major phone hang. after 5 crashes and a ton of game not responding, i just closed the app. how much does it take to use a better server to host the game? increase RAM/CPU and w/e it takes to keep the game lag-free. This game is making GREE enough money to use a better server for hosting/running the game.

+1 internet

I can't even come close to keeping up with our IOS players. My game freezes and crashes constantly when the raid boss is up and active.

TZora
01-08-2014, 08:30 PM
same here .. i get a popup the boss is up .. by the time i reach the fight screen, the boss is already done. not because my team is super fast. they're fighting bosses at their own leisure .. it is just that it takes me minutes to reach the fight screen. by the time i see the fight screen, the next popup comes up the boss is dead and you got .. nuggets!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Elite= gold players

Shhhh. Just whisper that, or they will all find out.

Wish Master
01-08-2014, 09:33 PM
I shouldn't come back after retirement, lol.

Just 0.2 cents.

I find games which don't need strategy play boring. I play games where I gotta decide what is my next move in action games, which person I need to kill first in first action shooting games, which business decision I gotta make on business simulation game.

On CC, except the fact you need to pick a good syndicate, the only decision left to do is on which event, you want to spend gold to complete.

N41LZ
01-08-2014, 09:52 PM
I shouldn't come back after retirement, lol.

Just 0.2 cents.

I find games which don't need strategy play boring. I play games where I gotta decide what is my next move in action games, which person I need to kill first in first action shooting games, which business decision I gotta make on business simulation game.

On CC, except the fact you need to pick a good syndicate, the only decision left to do is on which event, you want to spend gold to complete.

I hope you realised that after your first few days of installing it

ILikeTheAbuse
01-08-2014, 09:55 PM

It isn't the servers. It is the programming of the RAID boss for the app. Though the servers are struggling (iOS just told me I didn't have a connection, again), on Android your CPU is sitting at 100% usage to do something relatively simple that just happens to have a nice bug in the coding.

TZora
01-08-2014, 10:25 PM
i have been just looking and looking and looking at the ABOUT screen where it shows the Version/Build/Data and the thing just says Updating ..... since last 2 hours.

how many bugs do we need gree lol .. don't u really get sick and tired of all these bugs and glitches? i mean, if ur programmers can't figure out what's wrong, hire better programmers who can .. this whole situation is a big LOL :D

bravo 6 vk
01-08-2014, 10:51 PM
i have been just looking and looking and looking at the ABOUT screen where it shows the Version/Build/Data and the thing just says Updating ..... since last 2 hours.
Mine was saying the same thing too... It finally updated some time ago.

jayztheone
01-09-2014, 12:30 AM
I almost missed a ltq during last battle bcz of the same reason. Had to uninstall / clear data / reinstall game in order t get it work. I know other people too who are facing the same issue. This is something the devs need to look into at priority basis. If we wont have events what will we do at cc?

beerman3828
01-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Both.... But, I'm not talking about support. I'm talking about growing in stats. Stat inflation makes new accounts of any kind quickly competetive, which is an incentive for that account owner (new player or old with a mini) to keep coming back, and to keep spending.

Again- I hate the inflation, because I've been around since before syns, but Gree isn't going to stop it, because doing so would inhibit growth of their customer base (i.e. more accounts to spend gold, whether they be new or old players with minis).

I have an account on my IPad that I started at least 2.5 years ago, before GREE bought the game I think and am a diligent constant level 235 player. My iPhone account started 7 months ago has less than 50,000 att and def points than a 2.5 yr old acct. now how messed up is that one? Not to mention I've prob spent in the range of $500 in gold over these 2.5 years and completing LTQs require $100+. Unless something changes I am seriously going to quit and delete the game from both devices. Quit being so fickle w ur decisions and GREEdy!

FlyMeMoon
01-09-2014, 04:03 AM

No offence but why is the comms between Gree and players/customer so bad? We hardly get any info or any notifications of game/rule changes. For example the LTB prize rules being changed so that the lvl 10 building prize is only handed out after the building is completed. If you (talking Gree here and not you specifically) actually bother to advise us Im sure this would stop all the tickets (or a lot of them) and just means less work for the support team. A lot of people are connected via chat apps and word would get round quickly too. Leaving people in the dark just isn't helpful.

Also let people know about how the process works of developing a game on the fly and issues you encounter. I think you would get more sympathy. Im sure its not easy to roll out changes/events on multiple devices. Give us an insight into process and why there are problems as its not as simple as pressing a button.