PDA

View Full Version : Medal Box Event

Maddog11
01-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Just did the medal box event and earned the medal but that seems to be all there is. Six days to beat one rival? Any info on this event Gree? Please

MadAtWorld
01-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Is there a level requirement? The bigger guys in our faction got the goal. The smaller ones didnt. A level 40 and level 41. Both are on latest version, reloaded and restarted. Still no goal. Was this a fix-it goal that was released to only people who performed something specific?

Sgt Squirrel
01-07-2014, 07:06 PM
My level 12 and 46 both got it.

Aks
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Looks like a glitch.. Or pre loaded missions not due yet.. Just got out by mistake..

Grizz875
01-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Or a peace offering for ending crate event 2 hrs early?

Thief
01-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Or a peace offering for ending crate event 2 hrs early?

This is exactly what it is.

I believe its for anyone that didn't get all 4 medals....otherwise it would be really problematic.

Biff05
01-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Great then I get one extra and dont need to stay awake for 3 days to get the 9/9 streak again.

DTA-HOG
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
3 skill points and a medal all in one day? Gree is on the ball! There has been a shortage of complaint threads here. Great work CJ. Keep it up bro.

Vegaman
01-08-2014, 02:49 AM
I'm on the 12th level of this event already. Amazing units. Well done GREE. Seen my stats jump by 550k already. The Sea boost of 4% on level 9 of the event for raiding 100 Sea Boost buildings is awesome. We need more events like this GREE

Modernmafia
01-08-2014, 03:45 AM
I'm on the 12th level of this event already. Amazing units. Well done GREE. Seen my stats jump by 550k already. The Sea boost of 4% on level 9 of the event for raiding 100 Sea Boost buildings is awesome. We need more events like this GREE

Are you joking? If not, which event do you mean? I only got 1 level (defeat a rival) and 1 ground medal.

free play
01-08-2014, 03:55 AM
Same here, one lvl and gone ????

Wallaster27
01-08-2014, 04:56 AM
I'm on the 12th level of this event already. Amazing units. Well done GREE. Seen my stats jump by 550k already. The Sea boost of 4% on level 9 of the event for raiding 100 Sea Boost buildings is awesome. We need more events like this GREE that's gotta be a joke or I'll be mad

free play
01-08-2014, 05:04 AM
It is, no one else reporting any extra lvls but it did say 5 days ????

CDR Shepard
01-08-2014, 06:20 AM
Guys calm down he is joking. Everyone relax, its a one mission task designed to give a medal.

Col Cawthon
01-08-2014, 06:27 AM
3 skill points and a medal all in one day? Gree is on the ball! There has been a shortage of complaint threads here. Great work CJ. Keep it up bro.

My three skill points were ones taken from me and given back all at once. They weren't three to replace the one's missing from my last level up. Those would still seem to be due me.

Thief
01-08-2014, 06:48 AM
Great then I get one extra and dont need to stay awake for 3 days to get the 9/9 streak again.

While i support the idea of giving a couple of medals more than is needed i can't believe they made such a grave error after the fact. This is worse than ending the event 2 hours early. (Note this isn't directed at you Biff but at gree)

So those that had already gotten 4 medals on the crate event get an extra one...thus eliminating the need to get the hardest and basically impossible one in the game?

kguittar
01-08-2014, 07:00 AM
well, it seems there is no winning though. People say, "Gree, please the masses, they are what makes the game." and for once gree listened. Now we see complaints like this. While i agree the plan is flawed and they should just do the right thing the first time; I can only assume they are trying to provide a quick fix in order to keep moving on with current events. Notice that they fixed the skill point issue, the box event issue, and released new NPC's all in the same data push. I'd say job well done. Lets move on to the next real issues.

Thief
01-08-2014, 07:10 AM
well, it seems there is no winning though. People say, "Gree, please the masses, they are what makes the game." and for once gree listened. Now we see complaints like this. While i agree the plan is flawed and they should just do the right thing the first time; I can only assume they are trying to provide a quick fix in order to keep moving on with current events. Notice that they fixed the skill point issue, the box event issue, and released new NPC's all in the same data push. I'd say job well done. Lets move on to the next real issues.

I'm thrilled about the skill point resolution it was excellently executed.
NPCs are just a data push..nothing new there. If you prestage and they get erased thats part of what happens.

The issue is that some got an extra medal and others didn't.
3 Players:
Player 1 got 3 Medals on the Crate Event
Player 2 Got 4 Medals on the Crate Event
Player 3 Got 4 Medals on the Crate Event.

Player 1 and 2 get an Extra Medal through this event but not Player 3.

Player 1 can keep on doing the medal event (great) but Player 2 gets an extra medal and doesn't need to get the impossible medal.

Player 3 Did everything right but still needs to get every medal.

See the problem?

Mcm2013
01-08-2014, 08:05 AM
it appears to me to be a make up medal from the current faction boss goal. the walkthrough had shown 25 possible medals to this point, faction mate had got 22 boxes and completed the boss goals but only had 24. after this he is now at the 25 he is supposed to be at, just my guess though

kguittar
01-08-2014, 08:27 AM
I received the email from gree stating that their resolution to the box event being cut short was this one goal LTQ that awarded a medal.

And Thief, I completely agree. I was only one bow away from getting the medal i needed; my LLP was 4 away and should not have received a medal. The right thing to do might have been to give everyone a bow or two and if that bumped you up to the next prize then so be it; but since the event is already over Gree "can't give out awards for past events."

My point was that we need to appreciate their effort to solve these issues that affect the majority of players, not just the top 1%. sorry, that kind of sounds like "Occupy Gree" or something but i think you get my point. At least the wheels are turning over there and not just raking in their gold scrooge McDuck style.

Tardavic
01-08-2014, 12:47 PM
Guys calm down he is joking. Everyone relax, its a one mission task designed to give a medal.

Hey guys,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

This LTQ event awarded everyone a medal once completed, yes as intended by design, and you only need to do it once.

We apologize for any confusion!

Bobar
01-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Hey guys,

This LTQ event awarded everyone a medal once completed, yes as intended by design, and you only need to do it once.

Thanks for letting us know. Maybe this confusion makes you think about informing us in advance?

Thief
01-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Hey guys,

No confusion on that part:

First Not EVERYONE seemed to have gotten the LTQ event. What were the requirements. Can you confirm this was a Bonus medal that isn't part of the 70?

Tardavic
01-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys, just to clarify, regarding the LTQ called Medal Box, the medal awarded is indeed an extra medal.

If you complete every event, then you will end up with 71.
Please also make sure you are on the latest data set (mw_20140107_8), if you are not already.

Thanks again for your understanding!

KSTrooper
01-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Thank you for the info!