PDA

View Full Version : Hoods n Hustlers LTQ Worth about $230.00????

Keiff
01-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Wanted to do a quick poll to see if anyone thinks spending about $230.00 USD on this LTQ is worth it to them.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?79470-Hoods-n-Hustlers-LTQ-Breakdown

djonny88
01-07-2014, 03:02 PM
its easy just noo

budman68
01-07-2014, 03:13 PM
This whole game isn't worth $230

Deadwater
01-07-2014, 03:15 PM
No I wouldn't buy gold to do the LTQ. But if the gold/gold bonus is already there then it's fine.

I got a 600k attack increase from doing this LTQ.

Touch Down
01-07-2014, 03:23 PM
The cost increase to play the game is getting stupid

Massive No! from me

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 03:23 PM
The fact that nobody is doing this ltq is the reason I'm almost done with it

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Why make the poll public? Anyways, no...

The fact that nobody is doing this ltq is the reason I'm almost done with it

Good logic

Kickur
01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
The worth of any intangible product is subjective. It is all about personal enjoyment after all. When that enjoyment turns to chore and the chore to addiction, leading to egomaniacs outspending the other, that's when the "thing" in question becomes a tool of exploitation.

Free market/trade laws should not be a blanket excuse for such negligence. The current money wringing course Gree is taking leads me to believe that market analysis have proven there are many more mentally flawed consumers to be exploited, or they are soaking up every cent from a sinking market share that was time limited from the start.

Either way, the consumer gets boned... Wait! This is all just business as usual... A big hearty welcome to all newly inducted countries entering into the worldwide capitalist fold, LET THE BONING BEGIN!

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 03:45 PM
1+ kick .

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 03:46 PM
@kickur
If the consumer gets personal enjoyment from the intangable product then I don't see any negativity to halt investing into my personal enjoyment.

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Smoke, the point that's being made is that the addicted are being exploited.

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Smoke, the point that's being made is that the addicted are being exploited.

So your saying Gree is no different than my neighborhood cocaine dealer?

Death666
01-07-2014, 04:17 PM
So your saying Gree is no different than my neighborhood cocaine dealer?

Not at all, coke dealers give you more blow(better deals) the more you spend.

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm saying that, as time goes on & the more you pay, the more obligated you feel to continue buying gold to keep up- otherwise you're less likely to have fun (especially in war).

Pay up to keep up or fall behind and get booted from your syndicate.

Your analogy works too. Both unhealthy addictions. The difference being that this is still legal and there's no rehab for CC players.

Not at all, coke dealers give you more blow(better deals) the more you spend.

Drug dealers & GREE are especially the same in that sense. Look at GREE's "Gold Bonus Program"

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Comparing Gree to a felon, is kind of far fetched if you ask me! They run a business, every business has it critics.

On a serious note though, this "gold bonus program" is some sort of irony right?

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Ironic that they provide better deals to the addicted? Not really, the needle is just going in deeper.

And it was your comparison.. not mine, I only said that the analogy works, in many disturbing ways.

Lastly, one could argue that drug dealing is a business. Look at any beer brewing company.

Death666
01-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Oh yah, I forgot about the gold bonus program. I'll revise my previous statement, they are the same! LOL

Ehhh, I'm just jealous I can't afford either haha

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Touché. I'm going to leave and leave the issue to the profesionals.

Kickur
01-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Smoke, you're saying that you see no reason to stop spending? If so, I agree that if the consumer is happy, then by all means, spend to your heart's content.

Still, this doesn't dismiss the fact that the tactics used to encourage you to keep spending is an act of exploitation. Why is some corner street rat living off a group of people's addiction any different? Legalities? Seems to be the same method, just a different product and delivery system.

cmw1612
01-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Man if you pay $230.00 on this game or should I say LTQ then you must be crazy.

How about giving me the money and I will show you a site I use to get free gold by doing surveys

Touch Down
01-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Look at any beer brewing company.

Where? I need to take a closer look!

Kickur
01-07-2014, 05:39 PM

How about giving me the money and I will show you a site I use to get free gold by doing surveys

LOL! Yeah, 10K clicks in: "Congrats! You've earned $1.00USD!"

When I visited that site, or one like it, there were the "big earners" and there were the majority that had earned $50.00USD or less over the course of several months to around a year. I suppose this is because they have lives and responsibilities and can't make a career of earning $5.00 or less for hours of clicking and cache clearing.

Yet another form of exploitation. Grrr!

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Where? I need to take a closer look!

They're all over bud. Tons of micro-breweries. Pretty fun to visit actually.

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 05:40 PM

Finish the ltq by doing surveys, it won't happen. Using tap joy along with gold is a great way to finish the ltq in a cost effective way. I'm on level 17 elite, with enough gold to finish the ltq, and I've spent far less than the $230 the OP states the ltq takes to finish;

That being said, I do not regret spending money on this ltq, nor do I feel obligated to spend money on this or any ltq.
I do so for personal enjoyment and satisfaction. I'm sorry if anyone else has a different point of view on the matter as everyone is obligated to there own opinion.

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Sure, lets see if your still singing the same tune in a month or two

cmw1612
01-07-2014, 05:48 PM
LOL! Yeah, 10K clicks in: "Congrats! You've earned $1.00USD!"

When I visited that site, or one like it, there were the "big earners" and there were the majority that had earned $50.00USD or less over the course of several months to around a year. I suppose this is because they have lives and responsibilities and can't make a career of earning $5.00 or less for hours of clicking and cache clearing.

Yet another form of exploitation. Grrr!

LMAO!

Man please! A site like that is a waste of time. I normally get $50 a month in google play gift codes from a site that emails the codes to your email with 24 hours

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Sure, lets see if your still singing the same tune in a month or two
I was singing it 2 months ago when the same things were being said on this forum. I just never felt the need to join, some shots of vodka helped my decision I making a forum account. Teflondon I really don't mean any hostility. I just felt like this forum needed some non Gree bashing posts.

My apolagies for not hopping on the bandwagon.

I love tacos
01-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Sure, lets see if your still singing the same tune in a month or two+1 I agree

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 06:05 PM
I just felt like this forum needed some non Gree bashing posts.

Poor choice to have made the drug dealer analogy then. At any rate, it's your money, you earned it, spend it as you please.

Its just silly to me that the game is getting increasingly expensive. One would think it would be better for GREE profits to be inclusive rather than exclusive.

Kickur
01-07-2014, 06:12 PM
LMAO!

Man please! A site like that is a waste of time. I normally get $50 a month in google play gift codes from a site that emails the codes to your email with 24 hours

Yes, the site had the option to payout in app store credits. Maybe it isn't the same site, thought it was one of your posts where I got the link. Are you saying that you do not take one hundred question surveys for pennies?

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Poor choice to have made the drug dealer analogy then. At any rate, it's your money, you earned it, spend it as you please.

Its just silly to me that the game is getting increasingly expensive. One would think it would be better for GREE profits to be inclusive rather than exclusive.
As a player who has happily spent hundreds on this game, I 100% agree with you that it has gotten increasingly expensive. If Gree gained more revenue from increasing the cost of achieving a certain goal good for them. If they have lost revenue, bad for them. If they have lost revenue then expect to see changes because you know as well as I do, that they don't want to lose money, as any other profitable business.

RealTeflonDon
01-07-2014, 06:29 PM
And that's the kicker of it, you know their overhead has to be one of the lowest of any industry. It's a virtual product after all. So why nickel & dime when the cost of making/maintaining the product is what...? Maybe $30,000/mo for CC alone? (I honestly am unsure but that to me would be a very liberal guess considering we're talking about virtual goods/services)

Now consider that they're running almost a dozen other games with a nearly identical formula & probably have the same programmers working on those too...

And so I revert back to the inclusive > exclusive argument... They've never really tried the inclusive angle if you ask me (I've been around since almost the beginning- despite the date that this acct was created)

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Teflon, I can't say I don't agree with you. All we can do is provide constructive critism and hope it yields results that favors the consumer. Gree isn't "stupid" and despite popular belief, I do think they listen to they're players. After all if they didn't, there revenue wouldn't increase on a monthly basis.

cmw1612
01-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Yes, the site had the option to payout in app store credits. Maybe it isn't the same site, thought it was one of your posts where I got the link. Are you saying that you do not take one hundred question surveys for pennies?

Yes that's what I'm saying. I've never taken a that paid me $0.1 nor will I tell others to do so. Waste of time bro.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w38/cmw1612/FreeCrimeCityGoldProof2_zps75b2467c.jpg (http://s172.photobucket.com/user/cmw1612/media/FreeCrimeCityGoldProof2_zps75b2467c.jpg.html)

This is what I use (http://www.points2shop.com?ref=uin122686869524230)

Check my profile for proof

Killerkid
01-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Well as some may not know Gree was before buying Funzio,was a company designing and publishing software for online gambling. They own or owned about 60 gambling game before starting to play on social game market.

Kickur
01-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks cmw, hope that helps the folks who are feeling the strain and juggling life bills with Gree/freemium purchases! So far, I've been able to resist going over my ~$100 monthly allowance for all app/in-app purchases.

@Smoke
I mean no insult to you nor other freemium players. I'm one of them now and I do feel tugging at the strings they've created in my psyche. I'm bashing the whole freemium system, the formula, it preys on those of us who are susceptible, with addictive personalities. True! Addiction is what it boils down to, rather than "friends", "comrades" and "entertainment". Add egotism in the mix and you have the perfect business model.

@Killerkid
I did not know that, very interesting. Must be the same psychological hooks at play, I certainly can feel them!

Blowin Smoke
01-07-2014, 07:33 PM
@kickur you have valid points and I respect that. At the end of the day it all boils down to ones personal perspective on the matter at hand.
Off to bed, Happy times everyone!

JeffinChi
01-09-2014, 05:35 PM
The worth of any intangible product is subjective. It is all about personal enjoyment after all. When that enjoyment turns to chore and the chore to addiction, leading to egomaniacs outspending the other, that's when the "thing" in question becomes a tool of exploitation.

Free market/trade laws should not be a blanket excuse for such negligence. The current money wringing course Gree is taking leads me to believe that market analysis have proven there are many more mentally flawed consumers to be exploited, or they are soaking up every cent from a sinking market share that was time limited from the start.

Either way, the consumer gets boned... Wait! This is all just business as usual... A big hearty welcome to all newly inducted countries entering into the worldwide capitalist fold, LET THE BONING BEGIN!

Ok......

At least now I know what Karl Marx would be like if he was a paranoid schizophrenic

evillance123
01-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Of course its not worth that.