PDA

View Full Version : A letter from a number of Factions

RetiredAndHappy
01-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Dear Gree,

We are reposting a slightly revised letter, even though we do not believe our original letter (which has now vanished from the forum) was confrontational at all. We are trying to raise issues that affect the vast majority of players in the game and we are trying to engage with you on these issues. We are, in fact, trying to help you make the game better for everyone so people will play - and pay - for longer. Please do not delete this post but instead let us all engage on these issues. There is no better place to discuss all things Modern War, than right here.

This letter is being sent to you on behalf of a significant majority of the top-ranking factions in your game, “Modern War”. The factions who have been involved in the discussions leading up to this letter have added their names at the bottom. All other factions are asked to show if they support the content of this letter on the official forum.

Our factions house some of the most active players in the game and account for a significant amount of the total in-game “gold” spend (and thus revenue that you make from this title). Please therefore give this letter the attention it deserves.

We all love playing this game but, frankly, the game has a number of substantial issues that affect our enjoyment of it so much that are reaching the tipping point where we question whether it is worth paying for it. Most of these issues have been around for some time and there have been many pleas, from all quarters of this game’s fan base and for many months, for you to do something about this. Yet we have seen very little action on your part; in fact some of the issues are simply getting worse.

Below is a list of the most significant issues we need you to address.

Only “officers” should be able to declare war: Currently anyone in a faction can declare war. Disgruntled team members have used this to mess up the entire faction’s strategy. In light of some of the more recent changes to the game, where timing of declaring war is key to protect a team’s massive financial investments made in the run-up to the war, this is not an acceptable state of affairs. Despite our best checks we cannot prevent rogue players from taking matters in their own hands and creating chaos for 59 other players - and real money down the drain. That is not fair. The solution is that, like the “Raid Boss” event, only officers of the faction should be able to declare war.
Factions should only face each other once per war: Currently, the “match-up” system that you use results in significant wait times before some top factions are paired in battle. These wait times affect our ability to complete the faction events that are part of the war. In addition, some of the top factions are all but untouchable, yet some factions are paired with the same untouchable (to them) factions multiple times in a single war. That is completely unfair and takes the enjoyment out of the game for many players. Why can you not change things, so one faction can be paired with another faction only once every war (and relax the other variables in the matchup algorithm to broaden the search field for a match-up quicker)? This should remove a significant number of issues that all factions currently face and would make the game more enjoyable to all of us.
More transparency is needed: The entire Modern War community feels done in by some of the latest events, especially the Cuban medal debacle. Had we known the final rewards would be handed out as part of the faction event (which is achievable by only a handful of players), a significant number of players would not have spent as much money as they had chasing a goal that is all but impossible for them to achieve. Others would have adopted different strategies during the Cuba World Domination event. As it turns out, most of us were disappointed and felt done in by Gree. It is simply not acceptable to withhold crucial information from paying consumers. In future we demand sufficient detail about events to help us decide whether we will complete them - and no more omissions either. In addition, no players should obtain information about upcoming events, etc. before the rest of the players - this includes players involved in beta testing. We should all have an equal chance at success.
Cost of the game and missions has reached ludicrous levels: Recently the cost to finish events within the game has increased exponentially, so much so that established players are packing their bags and new players simply cannot justify spending that much on a video game. The solution that you seem to have landed on is to try to get even more revenue from an ever-reducing paying player pool: us, the factions that support this letter. By making events cheaper you will keep existing players, they will spend longer and new players have a chance to get in on the spending. This may even improve your revenues from the game, but as of now you are pricing yourself out of the market. Drastic cost reductions are needed.
Attack win/loss ratio and points fluctuations are unacceptable: Two of the most irritating things for all players in the game are when a player with far superior attack stats loses to a player with far lower defense stats, and that (during wars) the points awarded for defeating the opponent fluctuate wildly - even though everything is the same from one hit to the next. The only thing we can conclude from this is that your algorithm deliberately produces these results to force us to spend more gold. The opposite is true: this blatant attempt at increasing our gold usage puts us off wanting to spend gold in the first place and makes the gaming experience far less enjoyable. Please fix this so that players who have attack stats that are higher than the opponent’s defense stats will win most times (and alway if the attacker is 10% stronger than the defender), and make points awarded per hit during wars consistent.
Gold purchase confirm button: As you have been made aware in the past, players often experience “lag” when tapping the screen. Then, when they tap again (because it appears the game had not registered the first tap), they actually tap on the next screen, exactly in the place where a gold spend button appears. A gold transaction is then registered - completely inadvertently by the player. Inadvertent gold purchases also frequently happen when a player touches the screen by accident. It is then up to us to try to persuade you that the purchase was accidental. It should not be this way. All gold transactions should have a “confirm” button - with one exception, the energy refill button in war. Since some gold spend transactions already have this feature, we expect it will not be technically impossible to roll this out?
Improved quality assurance: When was the last time we had an event without some glitch, error or problem? Even long-established events now sometimes start with some new problem. For the amount of revenue you receive from all of us through this game, we really expect much more in terms of quality assurance.

We are placing a copy of this letter on the game’s online forum to allow players in other factions to be aware of what is going on and what we are doing, both for ourselves and for them. We hope they would endorse this letter by placing their names on the forum, beneath this letter, since the issues above are the same issues that EVERYONE in this game is complaining about.

Yours,

Templar Knights Order
Celestial Army Generals
Hot Toddy
Sealteam-6
Templar Boogie Knights
REDRUM
British Legion
Delta Force Troops
Pirate United Social Society
Elite Rangers
Strength & Honor
Insane Clown Faction
Army of Darkness
Umbrella Corp
Destroyers
Santa’s Little Helpers
Dogs of War
Martini
Team Mojito
Rum n Coke
RIP SUP
Five finger discount
High Aces
High Aces Juniors
Dog Soldiers
Celestial Army Soldiers
Ace Hold
McGurt Assisted Living

Mafia Shmafia
Texicans
3o7 Berlin Bombers

UK Invasion Force

Str8fox
Str8tkn
Sorry Better Luck Next Time!

mreilly
01-07-2014, 12:01 PM
If they closed the other thread i'm guessing they will do that here as well. Good luck with your stance.. hopefully we see some action by gree asap.

RetiredAndHappy
01-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Slightly revised

Sir fisher
01-07-2014, 12:21 PM
A call to all factions to get together so GREE can make this game better for all of us to play
Time to give and not just take GREE

MajorMofo
01-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Specific to item 3 Gree.

The issue isn't with that players made flawed assumptions, it's that you, the developer made a flawed assumption, that you don't have a responsibility to clearly communicate what is required to receive units marketed in your events or goals (particularly given that gameplay for the first several weeks was all individual based why would you assume that players would think that changes in the final 3 days).

Last question on Cuba medal event. How would an individual player not a member of a faction have completed the medal event if they had received every medal up to that point?

I saw a screenshot of a reply from Gree on the first letter and their responses before the original thread disappeared. I'd like to see them respond to a less "confrontational" thread.

RetiredAndHappy
01-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I have been impressed with some of the communication that is given to CC players within their announcements section. I personally believe similar announcement should be made for MW.. e.g. listing rewards for events

Asto
01-07-2014, 12:43 PM
I'm looking at some of teams on that list and thinking 'wow, gree have to listen now'.
What gets me and probably 99.9% of other people is how gree always respond to emails with something like 'we always take player's thoughts and views into account so we can improve in the future'. Well, gree, here's your chance to respond to player's 'thoughts and views' so stand up to your word and deliver, for the game's sake

I Am Legend
01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Yawn, and yet 95% of these factions still spend gold upon gold for events while at the same time complaining how they are unfair and not worth it.

So ye trolling forums vs not spending gold in game. Which one you think Gree is likely to take notice?

knuckk
01-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Captain kush finished 211 in Cuba supports these changes players are getting burnt out how about some inventory management option .... Maybe a kill unit button for the 20k useless units I have

RetiredAndHappy
01-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Yawn, and yet 95% of these factions still spend gold upon gold for events while at the same time complaining how they are unfair and not worth it.

So ye trolling forums vs not spending gold in game. Which one you think Gree is likely to take notice?

Hi

We have put a lot of effort into this and spent a considerable amount of time talking to each other regarding the issues mentioned above.. So lets try to keep this constructive and remember the purpose of this thread

Cheers
David

Wallaster27
01-07-2014, 01:37 PM
This would be great if gree made these improvements. Let's hope they do

Foreman3988
01-07-2014, 01:47 PM
I agree with everything said above !! Many times I have been let down a would to see change

BackAgain
01-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Some excellent points made

Sumiala
01-07-2014, 02:53 PM

I think these factions also know that if all of them stop spending gold then MW will be finished...
I think this letter is good and hope to see Gree respond to it in a positive way. Maybe not in words, but by actions...

Crowe77
01-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Just to add to the list...

EVERY SINGLE LTB are invisible on my base since The Towers.

Its been months, why is this not fixed yet???

Pippette
01-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with the majority of points.

However, one aspect that I think would be detrimental to factions other than those at the very top is to have a rule where you meet each faction once. Bear in mind that top teams fight in excess of 50 battles. If this was implemented, the top 10, for example would only fight 10 wars (maybe 20) with teams of a similar strength the rest would be walk overs. For example with perfect matching, then SUP1 would meet all of the top 50 but due to differences in declaration times this would be impossible so the reach of these top teams would become significantly lower.

The top teams already collaborate to avoid each other to try and get easier matches, this proposal makes it worse. Match up time is a function of how closely you match teams and the available pool of factions declaring. Gree could quite easily shorten the matchup times by widening the criteria (which is already an issue). A good way to improve matching times and reduce the inequity of matching would be for the top teams to stop trying to avoid each other. That way the system will be able to find them a suitable matche sooner. This will never happen as all teams,including the top teams, want to avoid the top teams as much as possible.

Don't mean to be negative since this feedback to Gree is needed, but whilst this matching proposal initially sounds good, in practice it will increase the inequity we see in matchups.

DTA-HOG
01-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Non-Constructive post. I apologize. Best of luck!

BackAgain
01-07-2014, 03:13 PM
There is 2 top 25 teams on that list and one of them supposedly quit. You get SUP you get your way. The reason the other 23 of the top 25 didn't go along is because they are currently very happy with Gree and we look forward to jumping up 2 positions in Chile.

4 teams top 10 -

1.Celestial Army Generals
2.Hot Toddy
3.Sealteam-6
4.Templar Boogie Knights

2 top 11 - 25

1. RedRum
2. British Legion

BackAgain
01-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Agree wholeheartedly with the majority of points.

However, one aspect that I think would be detrimental to factions other than those at the very top is to have a rule where you meet each faction once. Bear in mind that top teams fight in excess of 50 battles. If this was implemented, the top 10, for example would only fight 10 wars (maybe 20) with teams of a similar strength the rest would be walk overs. For example with perfect matching, then SUP1 would meet all of the top 50 but due to differences in declaration times this would be impossible so the reach of these top teams would become significantly lower.

The top teams already collaborate to avoid each other to try and get easier matches, this proposal makes it worse. Match up time is a function of how closely you match teams and the available pool of factions declaring. Gree could quite easily shorten the matchup times by widening the criteria (which is already an issue). A good way to improve matching times and reduce the inequity of matching would be for the top teams to stop trying to avoid each other. That way the system will be able to find them a suitable matche sooner. This will never happen as all teams,including the top teams, want to avoid the top teams as much as possible.

Don't mean to be negative since this feedback to Gree is needed, but whilst this matching proposal initially sounds good, in practice it will increase the inequity we see in matchups.

For the top teams it actually takes a very long time to match.
The top 10 may get 50-60 battles due to 15 min waits
While the lower teams can get well above 60+

BackAgain
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
4 teams top 10 -

2.Hot Toddy
3.Sealteam-6
4.Templar Boogie Knights

2 top 11 - 25

1. RedRum
2. British Legion

Further to this.. This is only an initial list of supporting factions.. Other top 25 have shown considerable interest.

There is no denying that majority will agree to most of points put forward.

Ajk
01-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Nevermind... forget I said that.

Cow
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Please keep all posts constructive as the goal is change that is a benefit to all. There are many factions that are interested in this and waiting on a response from Gree in how we can address some of these issues. Please limit the negative comments and items not related to the letter.

Einszwei
01-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Hey CAG heheheh those guys are a-holes who will back stab u as soon as u guys stop spending heheheh but then what do I know? I was with them for a few wars u know why they they signed this petition. It's be jade they have several hackers inbound

CJ54
01-07-2014, 03:41 PM
I'll be dropping a fuller reply in a bit later, in the meantime thanks for keeping the discussion constructive, guys.

2000y2k
01-07-2014, 03:45 PM
How about a use for the millions of valor some players have? It's pointless to have all this valor if the units you can buy do nothing to raise your stats. Why not let players purchase folders, gold, buildings, or other special items? Lots of players received crazy amounts of valor over the past 3-4 months but have nothing to use it on.

Genen
01-07-2014, 03:56 PM
How about a use for the millions of valor some players have? It's pointless to have all this valor if the units you can buy do nothing to raise your stats. Why not let players purchase folders, gold, buildings, or other special items? Lots of players received crazy amounts of valor over the past 3-4 months but have nothing to use it on.
Good idea. Same for low stats understandable units. Make them available for sale for low amount of gold or even for game cash

Honey BooBoo
01-07-2014, 03:56 PM
We all know there are numerous things that can be fixed with this game so all constructive ideas will not be shut be down we want to focus on the main points at hand..if gree is going to work with us we want to take baby steps before running..Then we can start working towards some of the other issues brought up!!

RetiredAndHappy
01-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I'll be dropping a fuller reply in a bit later, in the meantime thanks for keeping the discussion constructive, guys.

Thank you CJ

2000y2k
01-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Pretty sure making better valor units available is easier than making new code to change how the game works but what do I know?

Cow
01-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Thanks CJ for the reply.

There are many things that could be changed. Lets keep focused on what has been presented as some of the major issues.

Would be great if they can be addressed and then we can continue on with some of these other suggestions :)

RedRoom
01-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Hi

We have put a lot of effort into this and spent a considerable amount of time talking to each other regarding the issues mentioned above.. So lets try to keep this constructive and remember the purpose of this thread

Cheers
David

His point should be well taken. Many factions and players are perfectly happy to outspend others as a requirement for campaign success and stat attainment. Gree is a business that will push the limit to what we will spend. I we want to make a difference, stop buying gold.

DTA-HOG
01-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Non constructive post. I apologize!

4 teams top 10 -

2.Hot Toddy
3.Sealteam-6
4.Templar Boogie Knights

2 top 11 - 25

1. RedRum
2. British Legion

ChangeMW
01-07-2014, 04:58 PM
The top 4 are all TKO

Are you just trying to get attention, buddy, or do you really not have a clue? People have asked nicely for posts here to stay constructive and on point. What's wrong with you.

Cow
01-07-2014, 05:01 PM
There are way many more factions involved as stated....waiting to see what response will be.

Cow
01-07-2014, 05:04 PM
The goal is not to stop spending gold. It is to correct some issues and to make the game better. Gold spending will always be a part of this game unless it is totally taken away(which will not happen unless a different revenue source can support developing the game). Depending on response from Gree will dictate what future actions will be...

HellRaizer
01-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Aren't 3 of those top 4 all TKO? Well we look forward to moving up 4 spots. Number 10 is a sweet prize. Thanks for making it easier on us!

Please, it is clear that this is an important topic to the gaming community of MW. A number of valid points have been raised and will hopfully be addressed.

Socks
01-07-2014, 05:18 PM
The last time I was in a position within a community where a vocal minority spoke "on behalf of the community", the little guys got screwed and the platform eventually shut down as a result.

Just my opinion, of which I'm entitled.

Cow
01-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Being shut down is always a risk whether something is done or not...

Vocal minority I would beg to differ....from what we have heard many top 100 factions are on board that something needs to be done. Not that all agree on what that is....so communication between players and Gree is very important. That is the goal-communication on issues that many players have with the game. Most of us want the game to continue and be a great game. Just needs some things to change for what is spent...

2000y2k
01-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Being shut down is always a risk whether something is done or not...

Vocal minority I would beg to differ....from what we have heard many top 100 factions are on board that something needs to be done. Not that all agree on what that is....so communication between players and Gree is very important. That is the goal-communication on issues that many players have with the game. Most of us want the game to continue and be a great game. Just needs some things to change for what is spent...

That's one of the problems. You think most of the top 100 teams are the majority of players on this game. Really? Not to say some of these ideas would not be good but there are a lot of great ideas from players in the under top 100 too. You can have your thread like anyone else but writing a book and posting it doesn't make it better than others ideas or the right ideas.

generalpain
01-07-2014, 07:28 PM
That's one of the problems. You think most of the top 100 teams are the majority of players on this game. Really? Not to say some of these ideas would not be good but there are a lot of great ideas from players in the under top 100 too. You can have your thread like anyone else but writing a book and posting it doesn't make it better than others ideas or the right ideas.

It has been asked several times to be constructive here. That means communicating your thoughts on the issues, not creating another by saying your a minority at a disadvantage. This is about major issues faced by all. Top 10 top 500, what's it matter? It doesn't. This has been talked about for a long time by many many factions. If your ideas aren't represented, then make a post about that. Don't whine about being a minority, because that will not get anyone anywhere. (Unless you're a democrat)

Let's be real for one minute here. This is all about gold and what we get in return, which to sum it up is terrible customer service on a multitude of issues. That's the number one thing to take away from this thread. What we are saying is we all have faced problems in the game, and for the amount of money we spend, yes this part is now about the top spenders, we get horrible service on issues. We send in a ticket and three weeks later we get a blanket response. Gree is a large company, driven purely by profits. We as the consumer feel the service is in need of an overhaul. If I purchased a product or service from Wal-Mart, and did not get what I thought I was buying, Wal-Mart would exchange or provide me with a refund. Here we pay for entertainment. It's purely service and customer satisfaction at that point. However in social gaming, it's not so simple to just say I don't like that part. This is where it's the duty of the developer to listen to its customer feedback, which is not what they are doing. What we feel they are doing, as stated in the letter, is the opposite. What they are doing is purely based off high volume sales with no service on issues. What we are saying is this can not and will not continue at this rate. The market is demanding more. And this is the market sending a message to the provider to fix the product. We all know what happens when the provider fails to deliver right? The customers go elsewhere.

buckshot
01-07-2014, 07:36 PM
One way to fix the match up time problem is to make it where your faction fights the best paired faction in a time delay. Meaning, when your faction is ready to declare war, the next faction ranked say 5 higher or lower than yours fights you whenever they decide to push the declare war button.you won't see how many points they score but neither will they. It would also force teams to stop possuming and play to their potential every time. This game desperately needs parody in the worst way. Its getting old seeing the same team win every time. Or maybe create divisions based on faction strength so factions are given a chance to win top prizes for their level. You don't see major league sports teams play minor league teams during a regular season except exhibitions. Just saying

DTA-HOG
01-07-2014, 07:49 PM
I don't know about you guys but I'm anxiously awaiting CJs response.

Hupernikomen
01-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Texicans supports all of the issues raised.

ugaguard
01-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Add Mafia Shmafia to this list please

vorm
01-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Thanks to those who are supporting this effort and making constructive post towards it. This is all about making the game better for everyone, not just the top "whatever" factions. We want Gree to view this as a constructive thing of customer feedback so that all of us who love this game can enjoy it more.

DavidtheBoo
01-07-2014, 11:26 PM
If factions can only face each other once that will mean that much lower ranked people have a higher chance to draw one of the top3 teams and then there will be whining on the forum more.

Mcdoc
01-07-2014, 11:56 PM
4 teams top 10 -
2.Hot Toddy
3.Sealteam-6
4.Templar Boogie Knights

2 top 11 - 25
1. RedRum
2. British Legion

Wait - I saw Dogs of War on that list - aren't they also Top 10? Or at least they used to be ?

vorm
01-08-2014, 12:03 AM
If factions can only face each other once that will mean that much lower ranked people have a higher chance to draw one of the top3 teams and then there will be whining on the forum more.

This would probably be true, but at least you would only get them one time. You can't always get a team you can beat, but at least people aren't getting those same factions multiple times during the war. You face them once, you lose and then move on to someone else. What sucks is facing a faction that you have no chance at beating over and over again. There is no fun in that.

FromAfar
01-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Me and my no where near the top faction agree. Maybe.it's rare to see the same faction more then once, but the new boss event proves this stuff is doable, and easily so.

Ignoring requests over the last year, to fix broken and deficient things, has been extremely bad customer service.

vorm
01-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Wait - I saw Dogs of War on that list - aren't they also Top 10? Or at least they used to be ?

And shouldn't VFF be on the list? :)

BIG DH
01-08-2014, 12:19 AM
And shouldn't VFF be on the list? :)

Only if they're willing to put their name on it, evidentially they aren't.

DTA-HOG
01-08-2014, 01:16 AM
One thing I would like to see changed is the hacking policy! How hard is it to make sure people are running the latest version of software? If they don't want to update, that's probably a red flag that they are wanting FREE ENERGY! Until this is remedied, ltq should be cheap enough for all to complete so it just cancels out the hacker's edge. It makes me mad throwing down 3 vaults knowing half the community is doing it for free! The past ltq boosted people a million in stats. For free? Your method to stop them was to put building requirements on to hopefully recoup some of that money. It may have worked out a little bit for you but us honest guys still got screwed royally. Especially the ones that dropped 10 vaults to complete. Either require the latest update to access the servers or postpone energy based events that people pay money for until the glitch is properly patched... please

Yes CJ... I'm telling you that half the community is still getting free energy!

WI(AusNz)
01-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Completely Agree and good luck with your campaign.

I would like to point out a friendly note that as a "top" faction, we are slightly disappointed we are left off the list:

- Modern War Domination -

The greatest faction on earth!

Oh... this is not a blatant plug for a great faction I happen to know.

Cheers.

RetiredAndHappy
01-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Only if they're willing to put their name on it, evidentially they aren't.

There are many factions that are interested in this and waiting on a response from Gree in how we can address some of these issues.*

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-08-2014, 01:57 AM
One thing I would like to see changed is the hacking policy! .....

How do you know that half the community are using the energy glitch. That was fixed quite properly ages ago.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-08-2014, 01:59 AM
Hey, I'm sorry OP. Forgot this was a thread that should not be overtaken by other talk.

Forget I asked it.

Vegaman
01-08-2014, 03:09 AM
The reason your letter and its well thought through comments will not happen is because of exactly what has happened in this post already.
No unified voice calling for change
Many with their own agendas
Dumb reasoning and bad ideas from some quarters
No support from all top 100 factions

GREE know that trying to organise a common objective or voice of reason getting support from "the spenders" is like "Herding Cats".... Never going to happen so you get a deleted thread or a 1 line comment... Like keep discussing.

bradleyk
01-08-2014, 03:43 AM
Don't whine about being a minority, because that will not get anyone anywhere. (Unless you're a democrat)

Well said!

Cow
01-08-2014, 04:51 AM
If you are a faction not on the list and want to be post here and we will edit and add. Also PM creator of this post...

puffypete
01-08-2014, 08:04 AM
The 3o7 Berlin Bombers, a fluctuating top 250-500 faction, supports the petition except limiting the match ups to once per war. We agree that the match up algorithm needs to be updated and tweaked to favor all factions.
If all members continue to have the ability to declare war, allow the opportunity to remove persons from the faction during to avoid the debacle that prompted these constructive petitions, would serve well. Moles and traitors are not limited to the top factions, as we've had members declare war relentlessly, costing what streak we were on.
We're happy to see that GREE is aware and, at the time, appears to provide us all with an response to their customers.

3o7 Berlin Bombers SUPPORTS the petition.

~PuffyPete - Leader and Founder of the 3o7 Berlin Bombers

Amanda352
01-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Please speak up. You say you dictate how the game is played so let's hear your thoughts on this. I have heard some of these same complaints in SUP so why not support this? I don't care what happened in the last event. You can still support these changes now. This would do a lot more for the MW community than anything else you can do.

RetiredAndHappy
01-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Added the following factions to the original post..

Mafia Shmafia
Texicans
3o7 Berlin Bombers

Thank you

Kefa
01-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Bottom line is, paying customers are unhappy and feel that the company hasn't given them what they've paid for.

Also, no matter what you do, some people will be unhappy. That can't be helped since not everyone is the same.

If things are clearly communicated so that customers know what to expect before they spend their money, it's allot more likely that they won't be disappointed after they spend their money.

Also, if mistakes are made (everyone makes mistakes), how you handle things after the mistake was made will be a much higher determining factor in retaining customers than anything else.

Connect with your customers, and make sure they know you appreciate their patronage. When both parties in a transaction feel they have received more value than they put in, you have a successful relationship. When one side feels they are giving more value than they are receiving, the relationship will end abruptly.

wwwjason
01-08-2014, 11:52 AM
As a person who has played this game from the get go and now about to retire, I agree with you on all points except the first and second terms, one, I have been on a few teams, there are players from all over the world, if an officer is not present during a certain time then no one can declare, if you are having a problem with one of your players ask him to move on and find another team, second, to face each team only once is crazy, the top teams declare around the clock, this would be totally unfair to teams that are in the top 100, 500, 1000 etc. that would have no shot against these teams., I have decided to retire on the other facts you have mentioned, glitches in the game, people who go out of their way to find ways to cheat and minipulate the game to get a free edge, every event there seems to be a new problem and it does not seem like it is going to stop, I myself have 3 open tickets where there was a glitch in the game and did a ticket got a response and nothing was done, I can not add a faction to your list, but I can add myself, just my 2 cents

yan840016765
01-08-2014, 12:02 PM
as a person who has played this game from the get go and now about to retire, i agree with you on all points except the first and second terms, one, i have been on a few teams, there are players from all over the world, if an officer is not present during a certain time then no one can declare, if you are having a problem with one of your players ask him to move on and find another team, second, to face each team only once is crazy, the top teams declare around the clock, this would be totally unfair to teams that are in the top 100, 500, 1000 etc. That would have no shot against these teams., i have decided to retire on the other facts you have mentioned, glitches in the game, people who go out of their way to find ways to cheat and minipulate the game to get a free edge, every event there seems to be a new problem and it does not seem like it is going to stop, i myself have 3 open tickets where there was a glitch in the game and did a ticket got a response and nothing was done, i can not add a faction to your list, but i can add myself, just my 2 cents

great input!!

honest Abe
01-08-2014, 12:51 PM
I don't think anyone in sup (all sup factions) would disagree with most of your list of problems except for the facing eachother only once idea. And to be clear, we have a major problem with the raiding algorithm as we have said many times. Someone with 20-30pct less attack than your defense should not be able to raid you. Period. Additionally, gree's affinity to attack bonuses over defense has become a joke. Many of our attacks are almost double our defense. This should be evened out. How about some alliance defense bonuses?

Please speak up. You say you dictate how the game is played so let's hear your thoughts on this. I have heard some of these same complaints in SUP so why not support this? I don't care what happened in the last event. You can still support these changes now. This would do a lot more for the MW community than anything else you can do.

Hupernikomen
01-08-2014, 01:04 PM
I don't think anyone in sup (all sup factions) would disagree with most of your list of problems except for the facing eachother only once idea. And to be clear, we have a major problem with the raiding algorithm as we have said many times. Someone with 20-30pct less attack than your defense should not be able to raid you. Period. Additionally, gree's affinity to attack bonuses over defense has become a joke. Many of our attacks are almost double our defense. This should be evened out. How about some alliance defense bonuses?

Please no more defense bonuses. This may be a problem at the top, but it is just the opposite down below. In the top 100-250 range everyone is 20% more defense now than attack.

The fix is to give good defensive boost for top 50 and above that are better than the attack boost for the prize top top 150,250 etc.

CJ54
01-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Warning, long post ahead.

We're making the change so that only officers and leaders can declare war during a WD event. This has been one of the most hotly debated (and not just by the players) mechanics in the game, and with the existence of the streak goals in particular it is really time to make this change. We're shooting to have that changed by the time Chile rolls out. Right now we are checking to see if we can make the change server-side; if it requires a client update that will take a bit longer to implement, but it is on the roadmap. We'll have an official post up for that change when it happens and the FAQ will be changed to reflect it, and again we are hoping to have that in by Chile.

That mechanic's original design and functioning is one of those things that may look crazy to our top 100ish or 500ish factions (in terms of general power and placement capability), and many of the factions below that who run a tight ship. But the reason it functioned as it did was to accommodate many of the other 10k+ active guilds, many of them smaller and run with less military precision or strong chains of command. And based on the situation every time we have a raid boss in one of the games, I have no doubt whatsoever that we'll get a raft of frustrated tickets after this change from people in the more relaxed guilds, asking why they can't score some points for their faction in the middle of the night when the one officer/leader is offline.

But the thing is, those guilds should arguably be promoting trusted people to officer to handle those situations, and it is not cool that one person can derail 59 other people for an entire weekend. This change still won't totally address rogue officer situations (which do crop up, rarely), but this will give people a layer of protection against the saboteur business.

We can, have, and will continue to tweak the matching script between events to try and get the most satisfying match-ups for the largest number of people, but a change as suggested is both technically infeasible and not even desirable towards the requested end result. The issue of addressing wait times for stronger factions (and "stronger" is heavily relative here; to someone in a top 500 faction, a top 100 faction may be seen as unbeatable) is directly at odds with the goal of making sure that everyone is matched up with a perfect opponent every time. As we've stated before, with the number of factions in the game and with the power curve (which is not decided by us but through player action and choices) the way that it is, there is no magic fix that will satisfy everyone all of the time in all situations, and we will continue to err on making sure that everyone has the most solid match-ups possible given the existing power curve. I realize that this is small comfort to a faction that is matched with a more powerful faction, or to factions matched with a much weaker (and usually lower-level and less point-worthy) faction, depending on who happens to be declared at the time.

Regarding general transparency and the medals in particular: we obviously need to communicate new live event details better, both in-game and out. The medals are a new mechanic we are trying out (a sort of long-running LTQ), which is why they do not have a dedicated in-game messaging of some kind beyond the goals and top reward pop-up, but we could obviously have messaged those and the requirements better.

We have initiatives we are working on right now to sync up better in-game messaging (tied to forums and facebook messaging, which do not reach across the whole game bin terms of informational spread) for game changes, new events, and new features in the games. That should address most of the longstanding requests for more complete information, but that is not an immediate process and it will probably not be rolled out for Modern War first. In the meantime we are going to be more conscientious of the need to message things in the existing channels (forum, etc.).

Regarding the beta: by definition, beta players have access to beta content, and we are not going to stop beta testing things. We routinely change or tweak details during beta-testing or post-beta in response to feedback, which is also one of the reasons we don't share all of that. The change log would look ridiculous from day to day, even though that is largely how software development works and no one would be able to make good choices based on that shifting information.

I disagree with the general doomsaying sentiments (which have been around for awhile; over a year and a half back you can find posts along the lines of "the game is dying, everyone is leaving, they're going to roll up the shutters any time"). It's actually easier now for newer players to get into the meat of the competitive game than it was previously. And while people come and go (which happens in every long running game), there is no mass exodus and we do not have any plans to mothball the game. I realize that saying that isn't going to stop people from floating that one when they are upset with something, but it remains untrue.

We're examining the points spread in WD fights; the stats are a trickier one.

Regarding gold confirmation: we are already adding base expansion and vault instant upgrade confirmations in upcoming client updates. Aside from health refills, energy is unlikely to receive one for similar usability reasons, but Support will continue to handle those requests individually (within reason, "I just purchased 17 energy refills accidentally" does not fly for obvious reasons, and crates or other purchases with a random component continue to be unavailable for gold refunds because of past abuses).

I missed a few things, including some later comments that I want to address out of the seven pages on this thread, and will post again a little later.

2000y2k
01-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the information. Look forward to a response on the other items players posted too.

CJ54
01-08-2014, 01:21 PM

We're aware that valor is under-utilized. I think giving it better use is a broader topic than just adding more powerful units.

One thing I would like to see changed is the hacking policy! How hard is it to make sure people are running the latest version of software? If they don't want to update, that's probably a red flag that they are wanting FREE ENERGY! Until this is remedied, ltq should be cheap enough for all to complete so it just cancels out the hacker's edge. It makes me mad throwing down 3 vaults knowing half the community is doing it for free! The past ltq boosted people a million in stats. For free? Your method to stop them was to put building requirements on to hopefully recoup some of that money. It may have worked out a little bit for you but us honest guys still got screwed royally. Especially the ones that dropped 10 vaults to complete. Either require the latest update to access the servers or postpone energy based events that people pay money for until the glitch is properly patched... please

Well, that would be news to me and to the server team, who enjoy watching people trying to use old versions of the game to hack hit the anti-hack protections like mosquitoes on a bug zapper. The last time this came up, we looked very closely into the anti-hack protections and what the reported players were actually doing, and found that everyone trying the airplane mode trick is actually just Bad At How The Game Works and taking "advantage" of the normal way your energy refills over time. If you aren't connected to the server, you can convince yourself that you're a tiny little energy god, but the fact is that the server hard-blocks and takes back all bogus requests that can't be paid for with normal energy accumulated by the time you re-sync. That's regardless of what version of the game you are playing on, and frankly if the guys doing this want to sit around and cackle in their Palringo towers about how they're getting one over on us, well, that's their business and they continue to be wrong.

Please no more defense bonuses. This may be a problem at the top, but it is just the opposite down below.

This is a design challenge for more than the boosts.

ELCAPITONE
01-08-2014, 01:23 PM
I HATE PIRATES Faction STRONGLY agrees with the entire letter and would like to add an addendum.
8. Is it really any gain to have the SUP Nation rulling this game and a LOT of things assosiated with it. (you know what I am speeking of)
Would there be any little league playoffs if the oponents were allways the same National League TEAM?
appoligize for the spelling!!

yan840016765
01-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks for all the information, CJ! Keep the informative post coming!!

Thief
01-08-2014, 01:33 PM

We're making the change so that only officers and leaders can declare war during a WD event. This has been one of the most hotly debated (and not just by the players) mechanics in the game, and with the existence of the streak goals in particular it is really time to make this change. We're shooting to have that changed by the time Chile rolls out. Right now we are checking to see if we can make the change server-side; if it requires a client update that will take a bit longer to implement, but it is on the roadmap. We'll have an official post up for that change when it happens and the FAQ will be changed to reflect it, and again we are hoping to have that in by Chile.

That mechanic's original design and functioning is one of those things that may look crazy to our top 100ish or 500ish factions (in terms of general power and placement capability), and many of the factions below that who run a tight ship. But the reason it functioned as it did was to accommodate many of the other 10k+ active guilds, many of them smaller and run with less military precision or strong chains of command. And based on the situation every time we have a raid boss in one of the games, I have no doubt whatsoever that we'll get a raft of frustrated tickets after this change from people in the more relaxed guilds, asking why they can't score some points for their faction in the middle of the night when the one officer/leader is offline.

But the thing is, those guilds should arguably be promoting trusted people to officer to handle those situations, and it is not cool that one person can derail 59 other people for an entire weekend. This change still won't totally address rogue officer situations (which do crop up, rarely), but this will give people a layer of protection against the saboteur business.

We can, have, and will continue to tweak the matching script between events to try and get the most satisfying match-ups for the largest number of people, but a change as suggested is both technically infeasible and not even desirable towards the requested end result. The issue of addressing wait times for stronger factions (and "stronger" is heavily relative here; to someone in a top 500 faction, a top 100 faction may be seen as unbeatable) is directly at odds with the goal of making sure that everyone is matched up with a perfect opponent every time. As we've stated before, with the number of factions in the game and with the power curve (which is not decided by us but through player action and choices) the way that it is, there is no magic fix that will satisfy everyone all of the time in all situations, and we will continue to err on making sure that everyone has the most solid match-ups possible given the existing power curve. I realize that this is small comfort to a faction that is matched with a more powerful faction, or to factions matched with a much weaker (and usually lower-level and less point-worthy) faction, depending on who happens to be declared at the time.

Regarding general transparency and the medals in particular: we obviously need to communicate new live event details better, both in-game and out. The medals are a new mechanic we are trying out (a sort of long-running LTQ), which is why they do not have a dedicated in-game messaging of some kind beyond the goals and top reward pop-up, but we could obviously have messaged those and the requirements better.

We have initiatives we are working on right now to sync up better in-game messaging (tied to forums and facebook messaging, which do not reach across the whole game bin terms of informational spread) for game changes, new events, and new features in the games. That should address most of the longstanding requests for more complete information, but that is not an immediate process and it will probably not be rolled out for Modern War first. In the meantime we are going to be more conscientious of the need to message things in the existing channels (forum, etc.).

Regarding the beta: by definition, beta players have access to beta content, and we are not going to stop beta testing things. We routinely change or tweak details during beta-testing or post-beta in response to feedback, which is also one of the reasons we don't share all of that. The change log would look ridiculous from day to day, even though that is largely how software development works and no one would be able to make good choices based on that shifting information.

I disagree with the general doomsaying sentiments (which have been around for awhile; over a year and a half back you can find posts along the lines of "the game is dying, everyone is leaving, they're going to roll up the shutters any time"). It's actually easier now for newer players to get into the meat of the competitive game than it was previously. And while people come and go (which happens in every long running game), there is no mass exodus and we do not have any plans to mothball the game. I realize that saying that isn't going to stop people from floating that one when they are upset with something, but it remains untrue.

We're examining the points spread in WD fights; the stats are a trickier one.

Regarding gold confirmation: we are already adding base expansion and vault instant upgrade confirmations in upcoming client updates. Aside from health refills, energy is unlikely to receive one for similar usability reasons, but Support will continue to handle those requests individually (within reason, "I just purchased 17 energy refills accidentally" does not fly for obvious reasons, and crates or other purchases with a random component continue to be unavailable for gold refunds because of past abuses).

I missed a few things, including some later comments that I want to address out of the seven pages on this thread, and will post again a little later.

Long Post Indeed but thank you for updating us!

First and foremost on the issue about only officers declaring. Yes that might impact lower level factions...but as you stated then they can be promoted to officer (currently there is no use for an officer in war anyways)

I personally think this last match system was better than previously. Its hard to be in a top 10 faction and primarily get matched with the same 10 teams for 3 days. Makes streaks nearly impossible for one of your biggest spending pools.

Most importnatly i appreciate the trasparency and Communication. Its been my number 1 want as i'm sure you are aware for quite some time.

As for the game dying...i see way too much going on to say that it has a mass exodus. I have lost lots of friends don't get me wrong but also new firends who have only been playing for a short period of time that start off weak but work hard to improve their stats (and frankly can do so quite easily if they are spending some money)

Dansgek
01-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Cj,

Great that you responded on the points.

i have sent the ticket about the ios energy glitch. If I'm right there is someone from the forum here in discussion with you about it. You know who, i won't call his/her name before everyone is trying through him/her.

Fact is it still works and no prizes were hold back or taken away!

If you want to discuss it feel free to message me. I want you to help with this.

SpikeyKit
01-08-2014, 02:05 PM
My faction would like to sign our names to this
UK Invasion Force

Thanx

Mcdoc
01-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Only if they're willing to put their name on it, evidentially they aren't.Personally - I agree with the items listed (except for facing a faction only once) - but I am only one person. While I am sure most of then go people in VFF Legends / VFF Lima would agree with the common sense suggestions - I can't speak for the whole team since we didn't really discuss it - but I don't see anything here that isn't an improvement :)

Cook Russ
01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Any comments regarding #4? I see that one wasn't touched at all.

RetiredAndHappy
01-08-2014, 02:36 PM
My faction would like to sign our names to this
UK Invasion Force

Thanx

Added to the original post.. Thanks

VetteDream
01-08-2014, 02:48 PM
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this but since we are discussing issues with the game I figured I would try once again to get it out there. I have 2 accounts both Android devices, since an update I believe in August there was a bug where the money and loot that was won raiding or attacking could not be vaulted and when you logged out and back in all the money you had won just disappeared. My issue is the raiding aspect of that issue was resolved but still to this day I cannot keep money or loot I win from attacking rivals. This really hurts me during case events where I have to raid to collect "boxes" which I feel the drop rate is no where near as good as if you were attacking. When I attempt to attack a rival it shows the cash won and "boxes" pop out on the map but it does not register. I've sent emails the last 6 months regarding this issue and in return I get the standard were working on it reply. Is anybody else experiencing this? My 2 accounts cannot be the only ones dealing with us??

Cow
01-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Thanks CJ that is a good start.

Can we get some stickies started with the main concerns that we can start addressing with the MW community? Take each one that needs discussed further?

mreilly
01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
CJ: With all the people helping you with the glitch i'm shocked to see you think it doesn't work. As much as DTA-HOG is crying about the glitch he does have a valid point about having everyone on the latest software to play. Someone was hinting on another forum that an older version of android is really desired by players... I'm curious to know why.

puffypete
01-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Thank you CJ for updating us and recognizing our requests.

Is there any way to make a co-leader option within the faction that can purchase fortifications, bonuses, etc? Another that can act as leader in absence of a leader?

Thanks.

Fwob
01-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Thank you CJ for actually making a response,
I hope you will make a response on this page later

Einszwei
01-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Celestial army generals have hackers I have proof pm and give me your email and I'll send screenshots

RetiredAndHappy
01-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Celestial army generals have hackers I have proof pm and give me your email and I'll send screenshots

Again, can we please keep this constructive and not turn this into another typical, "they did that..." thread. CJ has responded with a long a reply that hss obviously had time and thought put into it. We are waiting for his final comments. Until then plesse try not to take this thread off on a tangent as its aim to to create an open dialogue between both parties

fofito30
01-08-2014, 05:16 PM
As a person who has played this game from the get go and now about to retire, I agree with you on all points except the first and second terms, one, I have been on a few teams, there are players from all over the world, if an officer is not present during a certain time then no one can declare, if you are having a problem with one of your players ask him to move on and find another team, second, to face each team only once is crazy, the top teams declare around the clock, this would be totally unfair to teams that are in the top 100, 500, 1000 etc. that would have no shot against these teams., I have decided to retire on the other facts you have mentioned, glitches in the game, people who go out of their way to find ways to cheat and minipulate the game to get a free edge, every event there seems to be a new problem and it does not seem like it is going to stop, I myself have 3 open tickets where there was a glitch in the game and did a ticket got a response and nothing was done, I can not add a faction to your list, but I can add myself, just my 2 cents
A smart opinion from a proven player that been on more top10 teams than most players and a visionary of the game with The Little Bus. In my opinion there is no way to guarantee a safe proof mechanism for declaring war, either way is going to get complaints from both sides.

Cow
01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
And lets try and stick with the main points. If we can get stickies or a way to organize all these thoughts we can put all of these smaller ideas into the correct main point post...

Socks
01-08-2014, 05:52 PM
That's one of the problems. You think most of the top 100 teams are the majority of players on this game. Really? Not to say some of these ideas would not be good but there are a lot of great ideas from players in the under top 100 too. You can have your thread like anyone else but writing a book and posting it doesn't make it better than others ideas or the right ideas. Well, at least YOU get it.

Socks
01-08-2014, 05:54 PM
No support from all top 100 factions

Here we go again, with only the voice of the top 100 mattering.

Hooligany
01-09-2014, 04:57 AM
Here we go again, with only the voice of the top 100 mattering.
Voice is required from all
But the bulk of profit is from there

Allday
01-09-2014, 01:27 PM
I created this account only to reply to this message. CJ, my friend, i appreciate the hard work you do here (most often it seems that you're the only one working there) but in this matter you are either naive or misinformed. The glitch works. I used it tonight. I finished the last 3 ltqs with 0 gold spent and doing it. Why do it? First, because it's a glitch and not a hack. When we won two bonuses that didn't stack (i'm sure you remember the planes), you took that away, saying it was a glitch. So glitches are ok, whereas hacks are not, with which i fully agree. Second, because i am not willing to spend anymore on a flawed product. So i won't. But i will use any free means available (except hacking) to advance my game.

The energy glitch works and my millions in stats won in the last ltqs are a witness to that. Have a good day!
CJ, can you please respond to this? Is this possible or is it not? I have recently seen tons of players with the newest LTQ prizes. If this is still happening I suggest that all future LTQ events be suspended until this is fixed. IMO it is simply not fair to paying customer base, they are paying for something others are getting for free.

Tater tots
01-09-2014, 02:15 PM
This needs a bump.

Thief
01-09-2014, 02:23 PM
CJ, can you please respond to this? Is this possible or is it not? I have recently seen tons of players with the newest LTQ prizes. If this is still happening I suggest that all future LTQ events be suspended until this is fixed. IMO it is simply not fair to paying customer base, they are paying for something others are getting for free.

I will also agree that during WD i saw an abnormally high number of the top units from the 2 year anniversary event that cost 10k gold to complete. I know over half of my teamates in the top 10 didn't bother to spend the gold for it...i find it hard when you come across dozens of players who overall couldn't have spent much money on the game based on their base..but they have the units required from an LTQ that costs 10k...It seemed very fishy to me.

Kill Joy
01-09-2014, 02:29 PM
I understand the whole mess with teams waiting a long time to be matched up, and how unfair that is. but also remember how unfair it is to teams that are small and get that wildcard match with a top team that blows them out. How fair is that? The reason the top teams wait so long is to prevent that from happening as much as possible. If there is a way to correct the matching to be shorter for the top teams and prevent them from getting matched with weaker teams than by all means I agree, but not at the expense of shorter wait times for the top teams just to blow out weaker teams.

Also there needs to be something I think added about streak teams. A team of 4 or 6 players all with 10 millions stats or higher should not get paired with a top 1000 team of 30+ members with avg. stats of 2 million. Even though their total stats are equal it is completely unfair and bull.

Hatethepackers
01-09-2014, 03:49 PM
It's pretty Pathetic that it had to go this far for factions to threaten to boycott to get a responds , when 100's of tickets have been sent in saying the same things. that they have turned a blind eye to . Thousands of dollars spent with nothing to show for and will not be reimbursed to the hundreds that have said the same things . Why is that ok ????

Hondo
01-09-2014, 04:01 PM
I retired my hlp because what started out as a time waister had became a full time job. I just got fed up with so many events. Now my llp with 100 allies is solid gold (thank you PJ) and having fun again playing when the urge strikes me.

I agree with everything but the second one. I just don't see the benefit as a whole. As far as players worried about an officer being online to declare and happy with the way things are, simply make everyone an officer. I may be wrong here, but I don't believe there is a limit on the amount of officers a faction can have. The one thing I would like to see added to the list is some sort of organization to our inventory. I'd give my left nut for that.

Although I'm riding solo these days I support the list and might buy gold again if the changes are ever made. I truly hope that Gree actually listens.

Kill Joy......leave the streakers alone. They work their butts off and can be beat. I call it a Geoffry.

local1
01-09-2014, 04:10 PM
A real comment:
Haven't been able to read thru all comments completely so excuse me if this was already mentioned.

In our faction we like having any member be able to declare. This helps to keep the train going regardless. Although I can see this where it may not work for all.

My suggestion would be instead of making it where officers only can declare make it an option you could grant or revoke on any member. Much like how the promotion to officer works add another option between member and officer. So then you would have regular member, war starter?, officer as the promotion path. The middle role would only have the ability to declare added and would not be able to accept new members.

Anyway, work on that pairing issue. Way more painful than anything else experienced.

Aslo, treat the scoreboard like the stock market. Put a delay on it so it is not a good realtime reference to who is active.

Allday
01-09-2014, 05:43 PM
I will also agree that during WD i saw an abnormally high number of the top units from the 2 year anniversary event that cost 10k gold to complete. I know over half of my teamates in the top 10 didn't bother to spend the gold for it...i find it hard when you come across dozens of players who overall couldn't have spent much money on the game based on their base..but they have the units required from an LTQ that costs 10k...It seemed very fishy to me.
A lot of the guys I know completed this, they are heavy heavy gold spenders. I don't think it's right for someone using a glitch to get for free what they paid for.

Ghost-12
01-09-2014, 06:17 PM
...I try my best to stay out of conversations where trolling is involved in one way
or another, But when I see/ read stuff like this and nothing is been done about it makes me think twice about buying any more gold to complete an event!.
We work hard to earn our units and to build our stats up! for some players to be
laughing in our face getting everything for free.
Something needs to be done about it ASAP!
-Its quite simple if you set your mind to it.
"Check what players have finished the current LTQ and see how much
Gold each have spend".

My apologies If I went off topic with my comment
(Since this thread is about changes needed in the game)...

CJ54
01-09-2014, 11:10 PM
I already told you guys what I know and what has been determined through looking at reported player action the previous time this came up. If something further is going on, we need more than second-hand reports with no account info attached because "a bunch of people are doing this" isn't actionable. If someone has that kind of info, send it to support and we'll check it out (I hear that some of you have already done that, and we will check those out). If something is going on, we'll close the loophole and ban the perpetrators permanently as per standard operating procedure for glitch exploitation.

lemonhaze
01-09-2014, 11:31 PM
I already told you guys what I know and what has been determined through looking at reported player action the previous time this came up. If something further is going on, we need more than second-hand reports with no account info attached because "a bunch of people are doing this" isn't actionable. If someone has that kind of info, send it to support and we'll check it out (I hear that some of you have already done that, and we will check those out). If something is going on, we'll close the loophole and ban the perpetrators permanently as per standard operating procedure for glitch exploitation. thx for the update CJ apprecaite it..

GreenwichKid
01-10-2014, 04:15 AM

Really appreciate the response and there are many positives here, quite possibly the biggest being, someone has actually responded.
However regards your quote above, one thing I would say about the comment and I can say with quite a bit of expertise in this area, having worked in IT Support for 20 years, clicking on something 17 times is exactly what happens. We've been trained to think that if something doesn't work try it again, if your light bulb doesn't work I guarantee you 999.99% of people will flip the switch another 2 or 3 times before stopping (If you were to take that bet I'd put my house on it), it's because we're used to things being mechanical. We're just not used to the way lag works. I really do dream of the day when we'll stop this, I've lost count of the number of times when I've had someone call me because "my computer is running slowly" to find Word or Outlook or another program open 158 times, simply because it didn't respond 3 milliseconds after the click, anyone saying this doesn't happen is lying.
So in the instance of an Energy refill and the game lags out, you tap, the thought processes will be, "did I tap hard enough, maybe not I'll tap again, hmm not sure I'll hit it again" and then in frustration hit it several more times.

Surely you can see at that point why you get flamed on the forum and you have incredibly frustrated players emailing you, quadruple that and turn it to rage when your request for a refund is declined and then increase the anger because even a three year old knows it's entirely possible for you to change this very simply, you could move the position of the accept dialogue box to somewhere else. This is really simple for you to do and from conversations I've had with many many people over the 20 months I've been playing is why the general consensus is that; the owners of the game aren't ethical, moral or even reasonable and their SOLE goal is the same as that of a drug dealer who targets kids at school, which is - Get them hooked, extract as much money from them as you can in anyway you can, regardless of the consequences, then move onto another school, in your case that would be another game.
It's entirely possible that this sort of behavior is what nearly caused Japan and Korea to attempt to legislate against this type of game.
My other point is your support is woeful, you shouldn't have to wait three weeks for an answer to a support email, and said email response should not be a generic email saying "tell me what the problem is", despite the email they are responding to has all the information in it.
If I have a problem with COD Ghost I can even call someone if I wish and I only paid £39 for the game, I've spent much more than that on this.
I guess given my email this really begs the question what sort of fool am I?
I shall be signing this letter on behalf of my faction, My Big Fat Posse.

BostonHammer
01-10-2014, 06:49 AM
Attack win/loss ratio and points fluctuations are unacceptable.

I would say the reverse is unacceptable also. My defense is over 17 million (including alot of defense skill points for my level) and I'm consistantly losing to players with attack of 12 million to as low as 8m (no, my boosts were not hit). That is crazy. Of all the issues, this is the one that will make me leave the game. What's the point of building your stats when someone with less than half your stats can consistantly beat you.

Goldilucks
01-10-2014, 08:22 AM
NM.............

Attack win/loss ratio and points fluctuations are unacceptable.

I would say the reverse is unacceptable also. My defense is over 17 million (including alot of defense skill points for my level) and I'm consistantly losing to players with attack of 12 million to as low as 8m (no, my boosts were not hit). That is crazy. Of all the issues, this is the one that will make me leave the game. What's the point of building your stats when someone with less than half your stats can consistantly beat you.

Goldilucks
01-10-2014, 08:45 AM
CJ- I joined a faction chat a few days ago and they were all bragging about exploiting the energy glitch. I am no snitch as snitches belong in ditches, so I will not be sending any tickets. You need to have a previous version of Android to exploit the hole. My guess is that it can make your servers think that it's still connected some how. All you have to do is require the latest versions of iOS and Android to be running the latest version of MW. The only ones that say their device can't run properly on the latest version are the ones that are cheating US... Both you and I CJ. Make it happen please.

Bill Gates makes his sheeples upgrade to the latest versions of software all the time. From what I hear, your boss is richer.

Cow
01-11-2014, 07:55 AM
Wait wasn't there some posts deleted from this thread?

lightning strikes
01-11-2014, 08:24 AM
I agree completely with stated in the letter. I know a lot of members of the factions I have been in feels the same. Keep up the good work.

local1
01-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Can a way be created where faction member performance doesn't disappear as soon as event is over? It doesn't have to be available forever but maybe for next 24 hours so officers/members can more easily view complete results for evaluation.

Like on boss event each days results go away as soon as goal is reach. Whoa, who did what? Will never know for sure.

DFI
01-11-2014, 09:02 AM
CJ, another easy fix is to ensure you don't fight the same faction twice during the three days. Fine, I can meet sup1, sup2, sup69 and more - all part of the game. But please keep me from being the goat who drew sup1 again and again.

Second, I'm sure you can create a script to confirm whether min gold was spent on an event by a player to get a prize. I just hope you guys have the gold under control....

Goldilucks
01-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Watch the leaderboard for movement of the top 3. When all 3 are moving, declare. This won't work 100% of the time as sometimes they are almost finished and gree can make ya wait 5-10 minutes. By using this method, I doubt you see them twice in a war let alone once. If you are top 100, there is no avoiding it. My faction placed top 15 and we fought every single top 25 at least once and the lowest we fought was like 62nd. Only 2 teams were below top 50. The match ups work for top 100. I have a hard time believing these people complaining in here that they faced Sup1 twice and they are top 500. They might have faced their streak team or their minis. The top teams don't get gimmes. We earn our points! (Or shall I say we pay dearly for our points)

CJ, another easy fix is to ensure you don't fight the same faction twice during the three days. Fine, I can meet sup1, sup2, sup69 and more - all part of the game. But please keep me from being the goat who drew sup1 again and again.

Second, I'm sure you can create a script to confirm whether min gold was spent on an event by a player to get a prize. I just hope you guys have the gold under control....

pb23
01-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Watch the leaderboard for movement of the top 3. When all 3 are moving, declare. This won't work 100% of the time as sometimes they are almost finished and gree can make ya wait 5-10 minutes. By using this method, I doubt you see them twice in a war let alone once. If you are top 100, there is no avoiding it. My faction placed top 15 and we fought every single top 25 at least once and the lowest we fought was like 62nd. Only 2 teams were below top 50. The match ups work for top 100. I have a hard time believing these people complaining in here that they faced Sup1 twice and they are top 500. They might have faced their streak team or their minis. The top teams don't get gimmes. We earn our points! (Or shall I say we pay dearly for our points)

I've been on both sides of the coin... top 250 and played SUP1, TKO, Gunners and SUP2 twice all in the same war.

Also been #18 and played every top 25 team at least one time, with the lowest ranked team at #99, and 3 total teams outside the top 50. Unfortunately we drew SUP teams 7 times throughout the war. I don't really complain about it as we were in the top 25, but no where CLOSE to top ten ballpark stats and gold wise... frustrating... but what are ya gonna do?

honest Abe
01-11-2014, 09:15 PM
What puzzles me is people ranting about matching a team once in a war and nothing on the recent disclosure and pictures on the thread that was closed regarding health hacking (which directly devalues everything spent on wd) and gold hacking. If that is indeed correct, that is the most disturbing thing I have seen since the whole durt espionage campaign nine months ago. All I hear is radio silence. I, for one, am not convinced those pictures were photoshopped.

pb23
01-11-2014, 09:20 PM
What puzzles me is people ranting about matching a team once in a war and nothing on the recent disclosure and pictures on the thread that was closed regarding health hacking (which directly devalues everything spent on wd) and gold hacking. If that is indeed correct, that is the most disturbing thing I have seen since the whole durt espionage campaign nine months ago. All I hear is radio silence. I, for one, am not convinced those pictures were photoshopped.

Link? I missed this one apparently...

Or did it vanish lol?

honest Abe
01-11-2014, 09:43 PM
It magically vanished... It showed someone had hacked the "reward" for mastering a map to include an amount of gold similar to what I just purchased last week. Needless to say, it did not sit well with me.

DFI
01-11-2014, 11:30 PM
The top teams all already employ that strategy. You get stuck when you wait 5-25 min for a matchup and sup just finishes during that time and you get them again. We all know they get priority in matchups, so while you wait, they declare and whamo, you get sup. If this hasn't been your experience, I feel you have been extremely lucky. Or I just have a smelly finger.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Watch the leaderboard for movement of the top 3. When all 3 are moving, declare. This won't work 100% of the time as sometimes they are almost finished and gree can make ya wait 5-10 minutes. By using this method, I doubt you see them twice in a war let alone once.

I surprised by this from some factions. Tell me this please, how long must you wait to see ALL THREE are moving along on the leaders board? 20 - 30 mins?

Then you declare and wait between 5 and 30 mins for a pairing.

50 wins = somewhere between 15 to 25 hours of waiting that is self-imposed.

Then those factions come here and complain about delays?

Sometimes we out-smart ourselves.

Dutchie
01-12-2014, 01:26 AM
It magically vanished... It showed someone had hacked the "reward" for mastering a map to include an amount of gold similar to what I just purchased last week. Needless to say, it did not sit well with me. Unfortunately this game has more holes in it than a Swiss cheese. GREE plug one and another one is found. It is a cat and mouse game and the cat is losing this one badly. The game was not designed with security in mind from the ground up and implementing security retrospectively simply cannot be done without a complete re-write. At least they have a security team now, albeit a little late. ALL games are hacked because security is very lax or non-existent on games as they focus development on the game itself with security as an afterthought. Classic one is that they announced that the energy glitch was fixed in MW, yet this is simply not true. Another reason why one has to be aware of freemium games with in-app purchases as the money spent on them can be enormous yet some people just simply exploit the weaknesses in the game and why I prefer the old model whereby one pays once up front. So to ever believe that all the security holes have been plugged by GREE... don't let them pull the wool over your eyes because this will never be the case. However, GREE will try to actively ban the hacker accounts, but the hackers simply create new ones and so the cycle continues ad nauseam...

Just remember the old adage... If man made it, man can break it

DFI
01-12-2014, 01:43 AM
I surprised by this from some factions. Tell me this please, how long must you wait to see ALL THREE are moving along on the leaders board? 20 - 30 mins?

Then you declare and wait between 5 and 30 mins for a pairing.

50 wins = somewhere between 15 to 25 hours of waiting that is self-imposed.

Then those factions come here and complain about delays?

Sometimes we out-smart ourselves.

I think you are mixing the issues. Nobody is complaining about self imposed waiting. It's after you hit the button and many minutes pass.

X-BASS
01-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Every faction and single player will agree this!

Allday
01-12-2014, 09:58 AM
I saw that pic, I thought it was a picture taken before Gree patched the gold hack over a year and a half ago. If that's recent then it is very serious.

Goldilucks
01-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Those images could easily be photoshopped nowadays. I have apps that you click on an item and it is perfectly cropped out of the image. Copy/Paste it into another image and BOOM... Instant pandemonium on Funzio Forum. Let's see some videos of these cheats as real proof. Videos are just as easy to create and post as taking a screenshot and posting it. I could make that gold reward splash screen in 5 minutes flat.

JerseyGirl
01-12-2014, 03:15 PM
I agree. Add 1SG faction. I think all my comrades agree to this post too.

Goldilucks
01-12-2014, 05:58 PM
People will then say the video is edited. Those are the same people that know it's true but keep screaming it's fake to keep it all to themselves.

I seriously doubt someone is going to go through all that trouble to create a fake video just to have it deleted at first mods sight. Thanks for keeping the spirit of this forum alive and argue with me though.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-12-2014, 06:21 PM
I seriously doubt someone is going to go through all that trouble to create a fake video just to have it deleted at first mods sight. Thanks for keeping the spirit of this forum alive and argue with me though.

Photos can be altered so you question it.

Videos can be altered so why wouldn't ppl question that?

I they can both be altered, then why is one potentially altered video preferred over a potentially altered photo.

If it can be done then it will be done.

lemonhaze
01-12-2014, 07:57 PM
we get sup and we are sup as well..but the good thing is they let us win bc we are family lol ya right they clobber us to they dont mess aroud in war but are very good people and temamates..im proud to be part of sup..they have helped us sp many times wit anything we need...thanks sup1&2 we really appreciate ya

2000y2k
01-12-2014, 09:41 PM
we get sup and we are sup as well..but the good thing is they let us win bc we are family lol ya right they clobber us to they dont mess aroud in war but are very good people and temamates..im proud to be part of sup..they have helped us sp many times wit anything we need...thanks sup1&2 we really appreciate ya

Time to end this thread. Pointless posts

Viscount Bell
01-13-2014, 07:22 AM

........... +1

Luuzer
01-13-2014, 12:30 PM

hmmm...guess what. accidentally hit refill button on war, and they didnt give it back. I just did level up and didnt even need it, no compensation

recently didnt event know what my mini got for 90 gold, it wasnt given back to me :( was opening mw up, wanted to press OK for that grand prize 300k stat unit to get it away from the screen and poof, 90 gold gone. asked support, they told me that I bought something. I dont know even what I bought, told them I dont need it (whatever it is is still a mystery), what I need is my 90 gold back but....no compensation as usual :(

Cow
01-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Can change in who is shown on ally list please be addressed CJ? Maybe we are being naive but why can you communicate what is going on? The idea was better communication not status quo...

pb23
01-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Can change in who is shown on ally list please be addressed CJ? Maybe we are being naive but why can you communicate what is going on? The idea was better communication not status quo...

Thunder stealer.

Good point, though.

:)

CJ54
01-13-2014, 01:53 PM
I think you are mixing the issues. Nobody is complaining about self imposed waiting. It's after you hit the button and many minutes pass.

I wish that were true. In addition to valid complaints about match-up times (of which there are plenty, depending on the WD event in question), we receive a bunch from factions that are adding their "waiting for top teams to declare" time into their stated wait times.

I saw that pic, I thought it was a picture taken before Gree patched the gold hack over a year and a half ago. If that's recent then it is very serious.

I wish people would stop falling for these shenanigans... It wasn't recent as far as I could tell, and the person who posted it is one of our resident repeat pains in the rear who likes to stir up people on the forums (and knows exactly what to post to get that effect). The best thing to do if you see someone with a tiny post count alleging pretty much *anything* is to put on your Troll Goggles and take whatever they're saying with a grain of salt (or at least the conclusions), because chances are their original account wasn't permanently banned for telling the truth.

That said, we're currently heavily investigating the reports on this, and we're not going to just let it drop. I'm only saying don't underestimate the lengths that people will go to just to cause a whole bunch of frustration.

BigTex87
01-13-2014, 03:03 PM
CJ54...on the wait times, after you face one of the top 3 teams you have to wait to declare or you are likely to get matched back to back with them. I don't think it is feasable or a good ideal to limit that you only face a team once but it would be nice to get rid of all back to back matches. After you face a SUP type team you can safely declare right away and not have to wait to avoide matching again. This happens a lot during the night time wars.

robmurphy
01-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Can a way be created where faction member performance doesn't disappear as soon as event is over? It doesn't have to be available forever but maybe for next 24 hours so officers/members can more easily view complete results for evaluation.

Like on boss event each days results go away as soon as goal is reach. Whoa, who did what? Will never know for sure.

This is an excellent suggestion and one that should be very easy to implement. I control our factions Boss events, essentially allocating daily kill targets based on members level and attack score. It is exceptionally difficult to monitor the teams performance when the kills per player information disappears immediately the event ends.

This information should be available for a reasonable amount of time after the event closes, perhaps only to officers.

Very good idea, fairly easy IT fix, very beneficial for those factions who analyse..

pb23
01-13-2014, 08:36 PM
This is an excellent suggestion and one that should be very easy to implement. I control our factions Boss events, essentially allocating daily kill targets based on members level and attack score. It is exceptionally difficult to monitor the teams performance when the kills per player information disappears immediately the event ends.

This information should be available for a reasonable amount of time after the event closes, perhaps only to officers.

Very good idea, fairly easy IT fix, very beneficial for those factions who analyse..

Running a faction becomes that much more fun if you're on android. No functional leaderboard really at all lol.

DFI
01-14-2014, 04:36 AM
I wish that were true. In addition to valid complaints about match-up times (of which there are plenty, depending on the WD event in question), we receive a bunch from factions that are adding their "waiting for top teams to declare" time into their stated wait times.

CJ, just bc some do, please don't insinuate that all of us do the same. I'm saying AFTER PRESSING THE FU*king button I've waited sometimes up to 15-20 min. For you to just laugh that off is quite disappointing. Go learn a trick from Apple. Perhaps they will teach you that you don't start off by dismissing someone's experience.

Speed ump
01-14-2014, 04:55 AM
Dfi those are the wait times we get, every time we press the button. We have little choice but to declare non stop because of the wait times, as it leaves little time for error. We see some top ten factions get matched in two minutes at times. Very frustrating.

Generik79
01-14-2014, 06:43 AM

I think a lamb or donkey is more appropriate. Leave the poor goat out of this.

CJ I have to agree that a 1x meeting rule is decent as a start. Let me put it in language your bosses understand. There are two major revenue benefits to this rule: 1. Teams have to run more lists using gold to find targets as they will never meet another team more than once; and 2. When gold teams match in similar rank gold spending on particular battles will increase as it will be their one and only chance to get head to head separation with a particular enemy. If you tell it to them like that, it should be done by Friday lol

Kilaasi
01-14-2014, 10:09 AM
I agree in the letter, don't know about the "face a faction once" thing. I'm in a top 400 faction and it really isn't a problem for us, think maybe once or twice we have faced the same team two times in a war.

After the Things in the letter are made, I suggest that you take a month or two without any new Things to the game and only use the Things that Work and then fixes some of the many bugs the game has.

I'm an android player with 3 accounts and all have different bugs. I'll list some of them here:

My new mini can't fight the boss without a grey screen pops up after each attack with the message "An unknown error occoured" I can't see the energy bar moving, but just get the message hat I beaten the boss or need more energy. When I beat the boss I can't see what unit I won.
The "An unknown error occured" also appears every time I try to vault my Money, but only once the 2nd time it Works. (on all 3 accounts)
On the rewards page for the WD I can't see wich prizes are given to the different top positions because the text are missing.
When I press the ? on the boss event or the FLTQ I can only see the first 4 players, then it just repeats the names Again and Again.
On the donations page I can't see the intire amount when there too many numbers in the amount, then it just show the first 6 or 7 and then dots for the rest.

One of our players has the same bug as previously mentioned that he can't see the LTB, he can build it but when it's done the Building doesn't appear and he can't collect it or even delete it.
Another of our players doesn't get all the units that the rest of our faction gets and has send a lot of tickets, but nothing has happened. She for example only has 1 "Wrath Goliath" from the first faction boss event, while the rest of us got all 7.

I'm sure most, if not that all players will agree with me, when I say please fix some of the bugs before adding new Things to the game.

CJ54
01-14-2014, 12:06 PM
CJ, just bc some do, please don't insinuate that all of us do the same. I'm saying AFTER PRESSING THE FU*king button I've waited sometimes up to 15-20 min. For you to just laugh that off is quite disappointing. Go learn a trick from Apple. Perhaps they will teach you that you don't start off by dismissing someone's experience.

I started off by saying "in addition to valid wait time complaints (of which there are many)", which is what your experience falls under, and I did not intend to imply otherwise in your or any specific case. We don't laugh that off; we've done a lot of work to get it to where it is now from the old worse days.

I think a lamb or donkey is more appropriate. Leave the poor goat out of this.

CJ I have to agree that a 1x meeting rule is decent as a start. Let me put it in language your bosses understand. There are two major revenue benefits to this rule: 1. Teams have to run more lists using gold to find targets as they will never meet another team more than once; and 2. When gold teams match in similar rank gold spending on particular battles will increase as it will be their one and only chance to get head to head separation with a particular enemy. If you tell it to them like that, it should be done by Friday lol

That may be, but it would also require an unsustainable architecture change, and would result in a magnification of the imbalances encountered now. EDIT: We didn't just say no out of hand, the idea was examined by the team.