PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss Not Scheduled for 7 Days

2000y2k
01-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Anyone know why the Epic Boss event is only scheduled for 5 days and not the "normal" 7 days? Was there a change to this event or just another Event Error?

Blade of 3
01-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Hopefully just a typo.

warrends
01-07-2014, 06:28 AM
1) Typo
2) Art Department hasn't coordinated with the Dev Department
3) Bug
4) Actual change in the event itself
5) ...

Could be any or all of the above. It's all happened before, and it'll all happen again. We won't know until it begins. Which sucks because these events should not be a guessing game for us. MW is supposed to be a strategy game (gold spenders aside). Hard to plot out your strategy when you have no idea what to plan for.

Dansgek
01-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Maybe it will be 50 bosses again.
Maybe the faction goals are gone because of the raid the boss event.
Maybe it is a bug
Maybe 5 days is the new standard
Just watch and see

SGT Rud
01-07-2014, 07:49 AM
Although 7 days wasnt entirely that difficult to achieve if you had the proper tracking system and plenty of command and control to guide the faction. 7 days worth was very wearing. The event would have been better suited for more bosses needed in the 5 days, which is a possibility of the epic boss coming up. With the raid boss now here, it is also a possibility. Perhaps we have dropped back to an individual goal for bosses and are looking at beat 50 or 35. There is the possibility that we are looking at an entirely new boss event very unlike the raid boss.

We will just have to wait and see. (kinda part of the fun)

DTA-HOG
01-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Because they are trying to cram more wars in.

Crammer
01-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Goal 2 starts at end of Goal one instead of Day 2. So they crammer it all in a shorter amount time.

Or maybe something entirely different. I did see the above on KA once though.

CJ54
01-07-2014, 10:28 AM
I'll check, but I believe that is correct. The reason is probably scheduling-related.

Paisthecoolest
01-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Thank you

Luuzer
01-07-2014, 12:23 PM
I'll check, but I believe that is correct. The reason is probably scheduling-related.

let us know, then we know how to do with bosses and boss killers

2000y2k
01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
So this will work more as 7 levels during a 5 day period rather than waiting for the next day's goal to start?

Blade of 3
01-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Feel free to change the boss event. Give me a reason not to buy a vault every month on it please, Gree.

MadAtWorld
01-07-2014, 07:06 PM

You believe WHAT is correct? You did not reference a specific quote, there were many quite different speculations above your post, and the original question was a why question. Your reply seems more confusing than helpful. Just a few more words please CJ?

2000y2k
01-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Any update on this?

GEMH
01-08-2014, 03:32 PM
In an effort not to overlap events, the event has been scheduled for 5 days. In order to receive the event wrapper prize, the daily faction goal will have to be completed each day for a total of 5 days.

andy2
01-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Thanks GEMH. Is it possible to get a bit more clarification?

For the individual part will the final prize still require 100 boss kills? I know they are very time consuming to summon and kill and reducing 2 days from the event may affect people's capability to reach this goal.. it would be very time intensive not to mention possibly more gold if there is less time to regen naturally.

For the faction part will the number of kills required be the same as the previous days 1-5 of the 7 day goals, or new daily requirements? This is another factor into the time allowed to complete the individual goal. Many factions require that players stop after the day's faction goal is done so as to get more kills during the remaining days.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

GEMH
01-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks GEMH. Is it possible to get a bit more clarification?

For the individual part will the final prize still require 100 boss kills? I know they are very time consuming to summon and kill and reducing 2 days from the event may affect people's capability to reach this goal.. it would be very time intensive not to mention possibly more gold if there is less time to regen naturally.

For the faction part will the number of kills required be the same as the previous days 1-5 of the 7 day goals, or new daily requirements? This is another factor into the time allowed to complete the individual goal. Many factions require that players stop after the day's faction goal is done so as to get more kills during the remaining days.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

No other changes have been made to the event. The only change made was the length of the event.

andy2
01-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Its too bad that there will only be 5 faction units. Our faction always prided ourselves on finishing day 7 as many only get through 5 or 6. Have you considered keeping 7 faction goals but instead of limiting them to days 1 through 7 having them start as soon as the previous one finished?

Also are there intentions of bringing this back to a 7 day event in the future or is this format to stay?

Berio
01-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Which also means that we have only 5 days to kill 100 bosses.

Blade of 3
01-08-2014, 06:55 PM
No other changes have been made to the event. The only change made was the length of the event.
That's an average of 20 bosses a day. Please consider making the first 50 bosses considerably more easier or something to that effect. This way the time consumer bosses can be out of the way to make up for the 2 days and you guys will still get gold for the tougher bosses. Forcing people to get 30+ the first couple days and extensive kills later on is just a cheap way to push extra gold spending.

Dansgek
01-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Thank you for the communication. Is there also eomething to say a b out the bosses health? Is tty his the same as we had in Cuba?

Because if it is the same maybe with the new schedule it can be done.
So my questions are:
- what faction goals can we expect? (A day 300-350-400-450-500)
- how much is the boss health (related to Cuba)

Floody
01-09-2014, 02:01 AM
I always take the whole 7 days to finish 100, using gold on the 7th day for the last 7 or so. If its not possible to get to 90 or 93 within 4 days, I'll just get as far as I can without gold. If it can't be finished with the normal amount of gold I use, then I won't use any.

goldacre84
01-09-2014, 04:08 AM
That's an average of 20 bosses a day. Please consider making the first 50 bosses considerably more easier or something to that effect. This way the time consumer bosses can be out of the way to make up for the 2 days and you guys will still get gold for the tougher bosses. Forcing people to get 30+ the first couple days and extensive kills later on is just a cheap way to push extra gold spending.

You don't have to spend gold. Stop complaining lol. Just do what you can and make an informed decision as to whether or not to buy gold. Jeeeeez. If Gree made every event easy enough for everyone to complete what would be the fun in that?!?

I'll get to about Boss 35 with my main and boss 90 with my LLP, all for free using no gold and be content!

SpikeyKit
01-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Where ever people got 5 days needs a recount. The event is over 4 days not 5.
Is this correct?
Cant do a 5 day goal in 4 days.
Also what are we looking at per day? Would be nice to know.
Thanx

Blade of 3
01-09-2014, 04:07 PM
You don't have to spend gold. Stop complaining lol. Just do what you can and make an informed decision as to whether or not to buy gold. Jeeeeez. If Gree made every event easy enough for everyone to complete what would be the fun in that?!?

I'll get to about Boss 35 with my main and boss 90 with my LLP, all for free using no gold and be content!
I never said I wanted to finish for free? I said I use a vault so how is that easy? How is taking 2 days off not a big deal? You have no say in this unless you have got to level 100 once or twice on a real account, not a little level 10 camper that you can take out every boss in 1 hit. That's what is easy and you are doing it. Hypocrite.

I have every right to complain because it's obviously just a scam into paying more money. When the boss went to 30 and 50 there was 5 days. Recently they added 50 more bosses and added 2 days. Now they are keeping it at 100 and going back to just 5 days. I'm sorry if I want to sleep and have time to spend with my family but it was already bad enough with 7 days.

Rotti
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
I knew there had to be a catch on the raid boss event. 100 boss kills in 5 days, when out of faction goal kills don't carry over.... The person at Gree that came up with this needs a promotion!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-09-2014, 05:27 PM

Have you ever considered that he may have different considerations to you that are just as valid?

You are putting his considerations which you know very little about into your circumstance. Square peg, different shaped hole stuff.

It's not the world according to you.

2000y2k
01-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Where ever people got 5 days needs a recount. The event is over 4 days not 5.
Is this correct?
Cant do a 5 day goal in 4 days.
Also what are we looking at per day? Would be nice to know.
Thanx

The event runs from 1/10 through 1/15. That's an event that runs over a 6 day span.

alphakennybody
01-09-2014, 07:27 PM
The event runs from 1/10 through 1/15. That's an event that runs over a 6 day span.
That's 5 days to do the event, and 6 different dates is whats confusing you.

2000y2k
01-09-2014, 07:39 PM
It's because the event starts around 1PM PST. So to run Five 24 hour goals it will run into 6 days.

lemonhaze
01-09-2014, 07:41 PM
That's 5 days to do the event, and 6 different dates is whats confusing you. thats 6 days to do the event..10th 11th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th..please correct me if im wrong..im trying to understand it as well..no im wrong the last day we dont get it bc it would start at 3pm right?

pb23
01-09-2014, 07:43 PM
thats 6 days to do the event..10th 11th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th..please correct me if im wrong..im trying to understand it as well

Day 1: Jan 10th 12pm PST - Jan 11th 12pm PST
Day 2: Jan 11th 12pm PST - Jan 12th 12pm PST
Day 3: Jan 12th 12pm PST - Jan 13th 12pm PST
Day 4: Jan 13th 12pm PST - Jan 14th 12pm PST
Day 5: Jan 14th 12pm PST - Jan 15th 12pm PST

lemonhaze
01-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Day 1: Jan 10th 12pm PST - Jan 11th 12pm PST
Day 2: Jan 11th 12pm PST - Jan 12th 12pm PST
Day 3: Jan 12th 12pm PST - Jan 13th 12pm PST
Day 4: Jan 13th 12pm PST - Jan 14th 12pm PST
Day 5: Jan 14th 12pm PST - Jan 15th 12pm PST thx Pb..idk why gree does this to us ever event..jeeze..sorry guys im just as confused as some the others..thanks for the help

pb23
01-09-2014, 07:45 PM
thx Pb..idk why gree does this to us ever event..jeeze..sorry guys im just as confused as some the others..thanks for the help

Not a problem

Luuzer
01-10-2014, 03:25 PM
In an effort not to overlap events, the event has been scheduled for 5 days. In order to receive the event wrapper prize, the daily faction goal will have to be completed each day for a total of 5 days.

why cant there be overlaps. Overlaps are good. Now pushing and squeezing it to 5 days isnt good. I wouldnt mind overelaps. I can do energy events overlapping boss events too. Its even good, then I can call out boss by wasting energy on ltq. Worked fine in the past, why cant it be like that now? Boss is much stronger also than last time :(

CJ54
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
why cant there be overlaps. Overlaps are good. Now pushing and squeezing it to 5 days isnt good. I wouldnt mind overelaps. I can do energy events overlapping boss events too. Its even good, then I can call out boss by wasting energy on ltq. Worked fine in the past, why cant it be like that now? Boss is much stronger also than last time :(

Aside from just "too many things at one time", some events do not play nice with each other for UI or technical reasons. The Raid Boss and leaderboard overlap recently was an example of that; Raid Boss and LTQ is another, epic boss and leaderboard, etc.

EDIT: I'm told that epic boss and leaderboard play nice with each other now, but not raid boss.

Luuzer
01-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Aside from just "too many things at one time", some events do not play nice with each other for UI or technical reasons. The Raid Boss and leaderboard overlap recently was an example of that; Raid Boss and LTQ is another, epic boss and leaderboard, etc.

EDIT: I'm told that epic boss and leaderboard play nice with each other now, but not raid boss.

epic boss doesnt have any UI picture on main screen, so there shouldnt be any problem for it to run full 7 days. It doesnt mess up other events. And in the past overlapping was good. Like I said, doing ltq and that bringing up the boss was 2 in one goal ;)

Mr Big C
01-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Has anyone finished the faction goal 1 yet? Does goal 2 start as soon as it finished or do we have to wait until tomorrow for it to start?

BigTex87
01-10-2014, 05:46 PM
you have to wait until tomorrow

andy2
01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
need to wait as always

Brizzol
01-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Increase prize unit..reduce the time...increase health by a ridiculous amount..Increases the gold needed to win the prize.

Col Mustard
01-11-2014, 12:04 AM
GEMH, is there a reason the boss health is stronger and the days shorter? Seems it would be fair to leave health same as last epic boss, or if anything make it less health, not more

Digger666
01-11-2014, 01:13 AM

No other changes? How about the top tier boss being at a ridiculously high health? Lol

Digger666
01-11-2014, 01:16 AM
Increase prize unit..reduce the time...increase health by a ridiculous amount..Increases the gold needed to win the prize.

Unless your one of those guys that have 40m+ attack and crazy amount of regen time it will cost you nothing. Again the small guys get screwed.

Trebor
01-11-2014, 07:27 AM
That's why it's happening. To make it harder for the 60 mil players and impossible for the rest. Tiers based on strength please.

Blade of 3
01-11-2014, 08:30 AM
I think its completely rediculus to take off 2 days of the event and increase the bosses health by 4x. This event is seriously starting to get greetarded.

SpikeyKit
01-11-2014, 09:33 AM

The bosses health has changed? So someone must have gotten something wrong and you are looking into correcting this?

The event was scheduled to run from the 10th - 14th. By the time you addressed my post it had been fixed. But thank you I wouldn't of made a post if it was correct :D

Jlc
01-11-2014, 09:55 AM
If we had issues with overlap with is the Noble, Year in Review and also the Moai Head event overlapping? Seems that the issue might be with giving 7 units and players going from one faction to another for the lat 2 days. Why don't you just limit the number of rewards to just 5?

carl9764
01-11-2014, 10:25 AM
So why have you made it harder to beat the boss and say nothing else has changed ?

carl9764
01-11-2014, 10:27 AM
So why have you made it harder to beat the boss and say nothing else has changed ?