PDA

View Full Version : Are wars even worth it any more?

warrends
01-06-2014, 07:28 PM
Wars used to be the be-all-end-all for these games (I play MW and KA too). In war this past weekend my syn ended around 380 or thereabouts. We're happy with that. I had over 100 active wins (plus a bunch of passive wins). Scored around 40k points. I'm level 55 with stats around 2.6M. For three days of 24/7 effort, ending with the above (top 400 and 100+ individual wins) my stats rose a whopping 10k-15k. We also won over 12 battles and got the 4/4 streak. So all-in-all not too bad.

But is it even worth it? The SLTQ gave me a 200k bump. The epic bosses and raid bosses give me at least a 200k bump. All with a lot less stress and time and mental energy (at least for me).

I know that over time the bonuses add up. I'm not there yet. I fully understand that.

But are wars even worth the effort anymore? Except for the top-ranking syns and for sheer bragging rights, I'm thinking more and more: No.

Gingeasian
01-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Yes war prizes are certainly worth it. I myself gained over 750K from war prizes and mods. Your gain is so low because you are in a very low ranked syn. If your doing 40K and finishing the ltqs you should consider joining a higher ranked syn.

crystalK
01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
You are clearly not mollys voice.....yawn.

Battling is my favourite part of the game but i agree its becoming less and less relevant, sadly

xavvax
01-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Battling is the most stressful and therefore the most exciting but stat gain wise its not that great anymore. It has jumped like other rewards, but its not so much about the item in wars the modifier is what is the most important. The stronger you are the more the modifier makes a difference. Unless of course the modifier is money, rp, , building, etc.

xavvax
01-06-2014, 07:39 PM
You are clearly not mollys voice.....yawn.

Battling is my favourite part of the game but i agree its becoming less and less relevant, sadly

Oh good im not the only one already tired of this new guy

warrends
01-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Not joining another syn. I like mine. That's more than enough reason for me to stay forever. Great bunch of players. And I have no desire to carry my phone around any more than I already do. Also, only Tapjoy gold. Won't ever give another penny directly to GREE. Ever.

Oh good im not the only one already tired of this new guy

That at me? If so, why? And not so new. Been in MW for about 2 years. So I know all three of these games better than you ever will.

If not me, then who?

Laelia
01-06-2014, 08:21 PM
The previous sltq provided greater gains, abet at a greater cost.....that was the premere event of the last month

crystalK
01-06-2014, 08:27 PM
@mmmhmKbrah aka mollys voice, relax :)

That at me? If so, why? And not so new. Been in MW for about 2 years. So I know all three of these games better than you ever will.

If not me, then who?[/QUOTE]

xavvax
01-06-2014, 08:28 PM

If not me, then who?

The troll that posted 2nd. I don't know you at all, and you could have asked without being arrogant. Congrats on being so knowledgeable on cheap phone games.

The Billionaire
01-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Wars used to be the be-all-end-all for these games (I play MW and KA too). In war this past weekend my syn ended around 380 or thereabouts. We're happy with that. I had over 100 active wins (plus a bunch of passive wins). Scored around 40k points. I'm level 55 with stats around 2.6M. For three days of 24/7 effort, ending with the above (top 400 and 100+ individual wins) my stats rose a whopping 10k-15k. We also won over 12 battles and got the 4/4 streak. So all-in-all not too bad.

But is it even worth it? The SLTQ gave me a 200k bump. The epic bosses and raid bosses give me at least a 200k bump. All with a lot less stress and time and mental energy (at least for me).

I know that over time the bonuses add up. I'm not there yet. I fully understand that.

But are wars even worth the effort anymore? Except for the top-ranking syns and for sheer bragging rights, I'm thinking more and more: No.

I see what you're saying bro and for someone like you who is in a fairly low ranking syndicate then yes events are probably going to give you more of a stat boost than a weekend of battling.

However, wars are still a key part of this game mainly because of the modifiers you can pick up and over time they will really grow your stats.

GucciMane
01-06-2014, 08:30 PM
if you don't like it just quit. some people like the modifiers

:EDIT: with your level, and fairly nice stats, perhaps rethink your strategy. go for low ranking(top 1500), start the war late, and run streaks.

TobysPaw
01-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Yeah I'm in the same situation. Our syndicate barely makes the top 1500 so we don't even pick up any mods. My att/def is about 1.5 mill and typically I score more IP than the rest of the squad combined (7 others). I don't really mind that though as a lot of the other members are family/friends. We picked up the prize for 35 wins which was nice but yeah it's quite a lot of effort for a relatively small gain. I think next time I'm just gonna take my foot off the gas for at least the first day or two as someone suggested.

HavingFun
01-07-2014, 03:11 AM
OMG Bill is upset as my avatar is already raping themselves.

You noobs know he is a rapist right?

And far from a black thug, he is a skinny nerdy geek
What's a black thug?