PDA

View Full Version : Battle Improvements

Danny Clear
01-06-2014, 04:46 PM
First and foremost we obviously need lag and glitch free battles but besides that I think a few things should b added to the battle.

1. "Frenzy" - When a battle is very close towards the end of the match points increase 20% for 5 to 10 mins.
2. Leave the war icon up a few days after war is over so if we bring in new members we can see their scores.
3. Give us the full ranking list during battles not just the tops of each rank.
4. Have players in order from highest to lowest points scored rather than just random.
5. Have a tab where we can see the battles we had, points we scored, and if we won or lost.
Edit: 6. Win bonus, after a win u get a certain % of the points from that battle added to your total

Just some thoughts, the first 2 are the ones I really want to see implemented. If u have some other ideas how to improve the battles comment.

Touch Down
01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
First and foremost we obviously need lag and glitch free battles but besides that I think a few things should b added to the battle.
1. When a battle is very close towards the end of the match points increase 20% for 5 to 10 mins.
2. Leave the war icon up a few days after war is over so if we bring in new members we can see their scores.
4. Have players in order from highest to lowest points scored rather than just random.
5. Have a tab where we can see the battles we had, points we scored, and if we won or lost.

Just some thoughts, the first 2 are the ones I really want to see implemented. If u have some other ideas how to improve the battles comment.

1. WTF?
2. WTF?
3. The list would be huge and stupid.
4. You can sort them already by clicking above the field. ;)
5. The best of your ideas +1 - Don't know if Gree are capable of doing anything like stats

Dunky
01-06-2014, 05:32 PM
1. WTF?
2. WTF?
3. The list would be huge and stupid.
4. You can sort them already by clicking above the field. ;)
5. The best of your ideas +1 - Don't know if Gree are capable of doing anything like stats

1: Agreed
2: Agreed
3: Agreed
4: Android does but it doesnt work
5: Agreed +1

I love tacos
01-06-2014, 06:22 PM
+1👌#5
We need more stats

HavingFun
01-06-2014, 06:53 PM
How about scrapping the current format of battle all together. It is tedious and Gree should come up with a new concept.
Lol at your sig, just Lol

Danny Clear
01-06-2014, 07:02 PM
If u have never played the gree game knights and dragons u might not understand the first 2 but they are awesome and very essential to improve battle. The "frenzy" makes each battle very exciting if your teams are slugging it out till the end u get a 20% boost for the last 10 mins.

Mr. R
01-06-2014, 07:13 PM

1. "Frenzy" - When a battle is very close towards the end of the match points increase 20% for 5 to 10 mins.
Edit: 6. Win bonus, after a win u get a certain % of the points from that battle added to your total

1. Hell No
2. Maybe
3. The pvp leaderboard was good, maybe something like that
4. You can sort (doesn't work on Android)
5. Yes
6. No

Touch Down
01-06-2014, 07:14 PM
If u have never played the gree game knights and dragons u might not understand the first 2 but they are awesome and very essential to improve battle. The "frenzy" makes each battle very exciting if your teams are slugging it out till the end u get a 20% boost for the last 10 mins.

20% boost in what? lag?

Still don't get the concept if both teams get 20% what is the point?

wrestler84
01-06-2014, 08:01 PM
20% boost in what? lag?

Still don't get the concept if both teams get 20% what is the point? To spend more gold. That's all GREEd cares about is gold.

TZora
01-06-2014, 08:06 PM
agree with touch down. any % thing we're talking/discussing about here will flow in both directions, what's the use?

TZora
01-06-2014, 08:25 PM
i don't talk to strangers :p

SOGO
01-07-2014, 01:44 AM
Without tapping on the Total Points tab, the unsorted list is based on earliest (top) to latest (bottom) joined. It's not random.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-07-2014, 02:01 AM
Reference the OP's #1.

Wouldn't that tend to reduce battles to the last 5-10 mins in most cases or at least the bulk of the battle? The first 45 or so minutes may end up almost superfluous.

Having said that, if you were to employ a 'frenzy' at all, then it might be better placed in a time frame in battle that most (not all) syndicates in battle do little to nothing. It would indeed counter the streak if randomly placed much earlier.

sister morphine
01-07-2014, 03:21 AM

1. I see no point to something that would only benefit big gold spenders. As has been said the effect would be to reduce many battles to 50 minutes waiting and 10 minutes hitting. Some teams employing ambush tactics do that pretty much already, just some scouting at the start then 2 minutes all out at the end.
2. If you want that just ask propects to provide a screen grab of their final score, or scores from last two or three wars if you want some idea of consistency.
3. You really want to scroll through up to 4,000 names? LOL. If you had asked for a precise ranking on the screen for all - I think Android has that; iOS doesn't - I'd be all for it.
4. As said, already there. If it doesn't work on Android that should be fixed.
5. Screens of battle results are already in game. Just exit and relaunch at some point before the subsequent battle ends and you should get it. A tab would be nice, but given the track record would it work correctly?
6. Why? You want more points, just score them in the battle. If you got some bonus for beating a team above yours in the rankings maybe, but not across the board.

sister morphine
01-07-2014, 03:41 AM
My own suggestions

1. The scoring algorithm that discriminates badly against higher level players when fighting low level ones needs to be changed. The justification for it that existed when syndicates began - that low levels were weak - no longer applies when super tough minis are a major feature of the game. A win is a win and should be rewarded the same regardless of level.

2. The IP scored should have some relationship to the relative stats of attacker and attacked, so you score more for hitting someone close to your own stats, and less for just repeated hitting of a weak high (or low, if #1 was brought in) level player. This is how things were in the PvP events, so shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Danny Clear
01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
20% boost in what? lag?
Still don't get the concept if both teams get 20% what is the point?

agree with touch down. any % thing we're talking/discussing about here will flow in both directions, what's the use?
its for overall points and its only for 10 mins so if u plan 4 the "frenzy" and go all out u could make a big move on an unexpecting team but yea it is another gold grab but makes battles fun and wins more enjoyable

sister morphine
01-08-2014, 03:08 PM
its for overall points and its only for 10 mins so if u plan 4 the "frenzy" and go all out u could make a big move on an unexpecting team but yea it is another gold grab but makes battles fun and wins more enjoyable
Have you ever been in a battle and employed the ambush strategy in the last couple of minutes? That's pretty exciting and doesn't require any "frenzy" thing to make it so. ;)

HavingFun
01-08-2014, 05:17 PM
My own suggestions

1. The scoring algorithm that discriminates badly against higher level players when fighting low level ones needs to be changed. The justification for it that existed when syndicates began - that low levels were weak - no longer applies when super tough minis are a major feature of the game. A win is a win and should be rewarded the same regardless of level.

2. The IP scored should have some relationship to the relative stats of attacker and attacked, so you score more for hitting someone close to your own stats, and less for just repeated hitting of a weak high (or low, if #1 was brought in) level player. This is how things were in the PvP events, so shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Yes yes yes. #2 is the best ip structure idea for battles.