PDA

View Full Version : Modern War-Cleaning

DaBoss!
01-06-2014, 04:12 PM
When I try to open Modern War on my ipad, it wont let me. Instead it says its cleaning below the modern war icon. Anyone know what this means...........

lemonhaze
01-06-2014, 04:19 PM
i suppose u got a dirty game lol..never had that happen daboss will ask a few in my faction if they know anything about this

DaBoss!
01-06-2014, 04:25 PM
i suppose u got a dirty game lol..never had that happen daboss will ask a few in my faction if they know anything about this

Okay, Thanks man!!!!.....

mreilly
01-06-2014, 04:29 PM
I have twitter do that on my iphones all the time. It's only the one twitter app and none of the other ones i've tried(or any other apps). Give it time and it will correct itself when its done doing whatever its doing. I never knew what or why my twitter app would do that but it would fix itself.

DaBoss!
01-06-2014, 04:38 PM
I have twitter do that on my iphones all the time. It's only the one twitter app and none of the other ones i've tried(or any other apps). Give it time and it will correct itself when its done doing whatever its doing. I never knew what or why my twitter app would do that but it would fix itself.

Thanks, it's a long wait though, lol.......

lemonhaze
01-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Okay, Thanks man!!!!..... sorry daboss no one here in my faction has experienced this..gl hope u get it sorted out

DaBoss!
01-06-2014, 04:41 PM
sorry daboss no one here in my faction has experienced this..gl hope u get it sorted out

Thanks anyways!!...

Okay, i found out what it was....
"With iOS 5 it's not uncommon to sometimes see the label under many apps, including Facebook, sometimes change to read "Cleaning..." This is a feature of iOS 5 that Apple hasn't really explained, so it's caused a lot of you to write in an ask about it. Here's the deal...

Basically, that's iOS 5 deleting cache and temporary files so that when iCloud or iTunes does a backup of your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, that backup is smaller and faster.

Since adding iCloud and Wi-Fi sync options, it's become important to keep app data as clean as possible, so backups are as efficient as possible, so we're not left waiting around for minutes or hours getting as frustrated as possible.

And yes, this is the same reason that, under the original iOS 5.0, apps like Instapaper would sometimes lose all your locally cached articles. (Since fixed with the addition of a third storage option between documents and cache, one that's not cleaned but also not backed up.)

So, if you see "Cleaning..." pop up under Facebook or any of your other apps, don't worry. That's just iOS 5 keeping your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad as lean and mean as possible......."