PDA

View Full Version : Raid boss - GREE fail?

HayeZeus
01-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Just something I was thinking about earlier today...

First off, this has been the best event yet. My stats have gone up over 2 million and we are on cruise control killing lvl 100 boss nonstop with very little gold spend because of high participation. 2 more days of this and who knows where my stats will end up. The top teams have now separated themselves to a point where the gap between top10/25 and everyone else is something that will never go away. I think everyone expects the next raid boss to be near impossible to complete so this lvl100 farming is practically done with after this event outside of the SUPtards. With this exponential ramp up in stats from this event you have now conditioned the MW community to expect something similar in the future. We have an LTQ coming up next......are we supposed to drop vaults on this? Why would I spend the required money and gain the XP for such little return? On the following event, am I supposed to hammer through 75 bosses now just to get to a few units that will actually make my inventory?

Only way around this as I see it, is for you to jack up the stats even further on the LTQ or come out with a health regen boost of some sort. Otherwise I don't see people spending because they'll think the event is a rip off compared to the raid boss. I don't know I just think this event, as great as it is, has killed peoples interest in spending on future events outside of war. Seems like this is going to backfire, but hey that's just my opinion.

SevenO9
01-06-2014, 01:14 PM
I agree. The current elite drop farming could not have been Grees intention. Well it was the first of that type for MW, so it will sure be tweaked.

vorm
01-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Everyone is farming it though so the net gain is pretty much zero on this event.

SevenO9
01-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Everyone is farming it though so the net gain is pretty much zero on this event.

Thats the usual blurred vision of a top25er. Go a little further down the WD ranks and lots of factions will not farm them or even finish the quests.

dispohero
01-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Thats the usual blurred vision of a top25er. Go a little further down the WD ranks and lots of factions will not farm them or even finish the quests.
mods will have a big affect on it too

vorm
01-06-2014, 02:29 PM

True, and I'm not sure where the cutoff is for who can do it. But Gree making the bosses harder won't fix that, it will just make it to where only the top 3 or whatever can do it.... moves the bar but doesn't really change anything.

PITA4PRES
01-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Every time Gree introduces something new, the rewards start out great and gradually get worse. Think about when they started the ltq. They had boost units mixed in and then those went bye bye. I am sure they will do the same thing with the raid boss and top factions will finish it but find the units aren't worth spending gold to do anymore. Epic boss is bound to get harder as well after this as well.

mreilly
01-06-2014, 03:49 PM
that's a sweet gain that's for sure....

Agent Orange
01-06-2014, 03:58 PM

Good point, perhaps Gree's way to fix faction mismatching by widening the gap and fixing the matching parameters..... Oh WTF am I on...... Yeah right.

Gen Chee Bye
01-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Good point, perhaps Gree's way to fix factimismatched hing by widening the gap and fixing the matching parameters..... Oh WTF am I on...... Yeah right.

ROTFLMAO! Yup, couldn't have agreed more. Factions are still gonna get mismatched in WD.

Just enjoy this current raid boss cos you will never get such easy event ever again.

Area51z
01-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Good point, perhaps Gree's way to fix faction mismatching by widening the gap and fixing the matching parameters..... Oh WTF am I on...... Yeah right.

Agent Orange do you perhaps live in Colorado?? Lol

Agent Orange
01-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Agent Orange do you perhaps live in Colorado?? Lol

No but I wish I did!

CJ54
01-06-2014, 06:56 PM
You know it's a slow day in Modern War when there is a two page thread about how the current event is *too* good...

Jesse21
01-06-2014, 07:02 PM
You know it's a slow day in Modern War when there is a two page thread about how the current event is *too* good...

That is funny.

01-06-2014, 07:24 PM
I absolutly love the raid boss

mreilly
01-06-2014, 07:47 PM

Haha, you should have closed the thread on that. Make people more confused then they already are.

Einszwei
01-06-2014, 07:57 PM
heheheh watch this event get *screwed* over next time round in CC this crap happened and im assuming it probably happen here as well after the positive feedback from the people who play here speaking of which can i recruit a few ;)

Gen Chee Bye
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM
You know it's a slow day in Modern War when there is a two thread about how the current event is *too* good...

How you wish it was good. Us veterans are just taking a breather as we know a gale force shyt-storm is heading our way.

Brace yourselves.

Big she'd
01-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Just no pleasing some , finally we get a good event which most seem to be having fun doing , and along comes someone to whinge about it

Blade of 3
01-06-2014, 09:58 PM
I've heard the raid boss on ka is very hard to complete without gold. I'm assuming mw will be heading the same way next raid boss.

Gen Chee Bye
01-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Just no pleasing some , finally we get a good event which most seem to be having fun doing, and along comes someone to whinge about it

Well buddy, I was merely stating the facts. The event in KA was really terrible. We are heading that direction whether you like it or not.

Things around here go south as soon as anyone starts liking it. You'll see that happening real soon.

Vegaman
01-07-2014, 04:14 AM
1. This is a bait event. Wait until the next one rolls out at unbelievably high cost with no free folders.
2. Anyone in a faction with players avg 2-3 million attack and less are not going to farm level 100 bosses. The cost is a vault per boss.
3. Grab what your level will allow while the sun is shining.
4. The first post is right, this has created a two tier membership. I like others I know have shot up 3-4 million in stats by farming.
5. The end is nigh ! LoL