PDA

View Full Version : How about an event that scales progressively (IDEA to make MW a better world)

Greasy
01-05-2014, 03:50 PM
From reading here I realise I lot of people enjoy the current raid boss event, it is great, its fun, however, it is still benefiting strong players, and players in already strong factions, more than regular Joe.

If possible, I'd like to see events that scale progressively, makes it more difficult for already ultra strong players. In the raid boss, people in strong faction can continuous farm the level 100 bosses, which 33% drops an item that close to 10k with bonus. Players in the mid range again will have no way to catch up.

What I suggest is events that gives weaker player an edge, at the same time ultra strong players will carry a handicap. Remember those Daytona or any car racing game ? Remember what happen when player 1 is in front of player 2 ? Handicap ! Depending on the lead player 1 has on player 2, the one that is behind always get a boost, scales to the distance behind. (Or you can think of whoever is in front carry a hadicap which slows you down, scale to the lead you have.) It is this mechanism that makes a car racing game fun, because even you're behind in lap 1, you know there's a good chance to catch up. And when you're in front, you have to be super focus to keep the lead, any mistake will pull you behind.

Without the handicap system, leader player will lead even more, and whoever trailing behind will fall even more, which is what happening in MW now.

This mechanism is very much a simulation of the real world economic. Kinda like diminishing return. However in MW now, the strong players get stronger at a rate higher than weaker players. And that has resulted in players with 20+ millions atk. Can you imagine how easy is it for them to do the raid boss ? Couple of power attack and the level 100 boss is done. Get the 10k unit. and rinse and repeat. By the end of the event they will gain another 5M in stats.
In economic, the current system is called "Regressive", i.e. it helps the rich and hurts the poor. Hench the income gap widens, hence the social and civil unrest.

Raid boss CAN be made progressive as such, for example:
1. The minimum required to get a raid loot is 5x your raw attack (Not a fixed value, which is regressive)
2. HP of boss is scale to your faction total attack, or their rank. i.e. Same level boss of rank 1 team will be 10x more than those of rank 100 team. This can be scaled at linear rate or exponential rate. Up to the mod to experiment.
3. Reward shall be held the same.

And the same progressive gaming and rewarding system can be implemented to regular boss event.

Sorry for the bad English, not my mother tongue.

Luuzer
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
I actually like this idea ;)

Allday
01-06-2014, 11:20 AM
So stronger players shouldn't be rewarded for the money they've spent? IMO strong players should have a advantage. What really needs to be addressed is stat inflation, event frequency, and the amount of gold required to complete these events.

Thief
01-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Without the handicap system, leader player will lead even more, and whoever trailing behind will fall even more, which is what happening in MW now.

This mechanism is very much a simulation of the real world economic.

First, (Because i like to play devils advocate and i don't agree with evertything you said)

Make no mistkae about it this game is not the same as real world economics. This is a very isolated economy where it can be manipulated and skewed at any whim to impact the entire game (also people have the capacity to print money in game whenever they feel obliged)

You State " leader player will lead even more, and whoever trailing behind will fall even more, which is what happening in MW now" but this isn't something new....this has been going on for 2 years now...the change is that many of the Leaders are retiring the game as they are tired of the constant spending and seeing their thousands of dollars whiped away. Many used to spend hundreds of dollars to get A unit that had 6k stats.... (now they are giving them away)

Now is the game regressive? Generally not. In this instance it is...but that is because 2 errors were made on grees part. #1 they allowed players to farm units (Big mistake) and Secondly it was too easy (I'm sure most would hate this comment but lets be honest...the unit gain is higher than just about any other event and many completed without spending a dime...and we still have 2 days to go)

What they did do was make it to where its your unboosted attack. What this means is those at the top are only using 1/4-1/6 of their "20 million" attack to damage the boss. I can tell you this is a step in trying to be progressive that was good for lower players as many don't have the boosts that others do.

Now what does gree do to handicap most of these leader teams you talk about? Well most are high levels...in many instances they have maxed out their level at 300. That means a more difficult Epic boss event, Less WD points, Rivals list that eliminates new players from being included on it.....the list keeps going. So yes this particular event may be flawed and needs changes going forward but i would disagree that it should be based on strength...otherwise what would be the point of being strong? (If being strong has such a blatent handicap...then people won't spend money...which means gree wont' do it)

What really needs to be addressed is stat inflation, event frequency, and the amount of gold required to complete these events.

YES! Stat inflation is truly at a level of absolute absurdity. Event Frequency isn't a huge concern of mine as long as they are individual events where i'm not obligated to help my faciton...and the amount of gold required...well yea not spending 50k gold every 3 weeks in order to stay at the top....otherwise i will force myself into retirement.