PDA

View Full Version : How to Exploit the Matchmaking System

RealTeflonDon
01-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Step 1.) Get 15 Beast accts in a synd (Lowest defense should be greater than 6mil)

Step 2.) Sandbag day 1 & 2 of the event

Step 3.) Do as little as possible while in a battle.

Step 4.) Watch as you rack up the win streaks. Cheap, and easily with ZERO effort.

RealTeflonDon
01-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Before the flametards come in.

I'm not complaining. Kudos to those who figured out how to legitimately exploit the matchmaking system.

ploop
01-05-2014, 10:13 AM
^^^^^ this +1^^^^^^^

sister morphine
01-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Don't need 15 accounts. 1 will do. You just need to be able to outpace all-comers so not even 6 mil needed. A low-ish level is to be preferred so Gree can't screw you with their unfair IP algorithm :p

The rest is fine.

The larger a streak syn the more likely it is you'll run into problems going by both personal and other experiences. If you had the proverbial 15 x 6mil accounts (90 mil total attack) you could get matched with a group of 4 x 20mil players you can't touch at all.

RealTeflonDon
01-05-2014, 10:20 AM
The problem with going solo in the war is that if your opponent can PA you and win, and has the gold to out-pace you, you're losing out on doing it cheaply. If you have a small squad of beasts, then you can attack a few to make up the difference (if need be).

Also, with a solo squad, once your defense is known, the team can opt out of the battle. Whereas with a small squad, a team may feel inclined to dig the hole deeper.

sister morphine
01-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Point taken, but 15 is still too big. I'd say 9 or 10 absolute max, and 5 or 6 would be better.

I'm going solo now - using minimal gold - to date I've come up against two other solos. Luckily both have been weaker and neither were gold users either. The bigger your own stas, or the total stats of any team, the more likely you are to come up against gold users. At that level you're more likely to come upon larger teams who don't even try hitting you, but just tap on the command centre. In those cases you could have to run up a few thousand points off them. If they're all low level that becomes tougher because of the miserable points you get as a high level.

PedroPimples
01-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Definitely smaller syns are better.
5/6 strong are the best. 10-12 really is the max. You go up to 15/16 you gave the prospect of facing stronger and higher placed syns.
Also don't think that gree won't still mess with you on the match ups.

RealTeflonDon
01-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Well, the two Streak Squads we've come up against have been in the 15-20 players range and had zero targets, even for our strongest player.

Surely it has to do with aggregate stats that we're seeing squads with that many people. I understand what your saying, I still would imagine that 10-15 in a squad would be optimal for minimizing gold use as 60+ free hits is better than say 30-36. Or even just 6, in the event that your opponent does manage to find a viable target.

Edit: I see your edited post now & understand the 90mil thing going up against 4x 20mils. But the likelihood of dealing with a 4x 20mil hit squad is pretty unlikely considering those types of gold players are more likely to be competing for streaks and rank, rather than just streaks

sister morphine
01-05-2014, 11:11 AM
I also play Kingdom Age. In that game there have been two players (both female) going solo who have completed all streak goals. They were pretty strong of course and gold users..... and quite possibly insane after no sleep for two days, lol

RealTeflonDon
01-05-2014, 11:15 AM
I have CC on 3 devices... it's already way too much GREE in my life.

PedroPimples
01-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Yeah I'm in a strong streak squad in KA. We use about 10 people. Normally we manage but we have been matched against t25 teams as well.
The stronger your team is overall , the more likely you'll come up against higher teams.

PawnXIIX
01-05-2014, 05:40 PM
This would have worked but last war we got paired with a top 400 team and they were using this, I think we ended them on a 8/9 :P

RonaldPVincent
01-06-2014, 07:31 AM
All due respect 15 people is too many. You come up against a 7 man team theyll eat u alive.
4-5 is optimal for round the clock coverage. We got the all streaks last war with 3 guys.

RonaldPVincent
01-06-2014, 07:33 AM
You are correct about minimizing points... That should continue thru the whole event. 1500th is a good place to hover

RealTeflonDon
01-06-2014, 08:02 AM
All due respect 15 people is too many. You come up against a 7 man team theyll eat u alive.
4-5 is optimal for round the clock coverage. We got the all streaks last war with 3 guys.

I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong, but I've seen it work first hand with 15+. Obviously aggregate stats plays a huge factor in how successful you will be. I would agree that to be optimal it would be less than 15. Again though, depends on the aggregate.

imo, it feels broken when you come up against a streak team & you have literally ZERO people to attack.

3 battles now (17% of our battles) we've dealt with streak teams. Thats ~150,000 points my team has been screwed out of.

nazgul
01-06-2014, 08:49 AM
I started doing this three wars ago, before it was fashionable ;-). But I switched back to a large syndicate, because by and large, getting top 75 or even 100 gives you prizes with mods that are far better than the streak prizes. The smaller the syn, the more IP you each need to rack up even to get top 250.

sister morphine
01-06-2014, 09:47 AM
The first streak team was Balthazar and Viola I think, who went as a twosome on the second war. I have a feeling they managed top 50 :)

MollyDolly
01-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Step 1.) Get 15 Beast accts in a synd (Lowest defense should be greater than 6mil)

Step 2.) Sandbag day 1 & 2 of the event

Step 3.) Do as little as possible while in a battle.

Step 4.) Watch as you rack up the win streaks. Cheap, and easily with ZERO effort.

I will remind you that per our dear departed friends PolarBear, Iteachem, and Fuzzy, exploits are the same as cheating.

Aquaboo
01-06-2014, 11:03 AM
This is another example of the unintended consequences of messing with the original game with add-ons by Gree.

I essentially quit in November, so my stats are more or less overtaken. As I was off work this time around, I tried an experiment with my otherwise idle accounts. I made a brand new syndicate and put my 4 accounts in. The synd had no bonuses, nothing.

The 4 accounts were
1) A level 125 with about 3m stats
2) 3 minis of around level 50 and around a 1m stats.

Without too much difficulty, this 4 member syndicate was able to finish the 8 streak and bow-out again on a record of 40-3 with 6 hours left. The only losses were against other streak teams by active players (5 million plus stats). The only gold I used was a little from Gree's last foul-up giveaway.

I feel sorry for the players who are still active and trying in this game. The lesser syndicates have been shafted again as people such as me can make mischief and pee on them by virtue of messed-around game mechanics and goals. Dunno why they bother to give CC their ongoing attention.

PedroPimples
01-06-2014, 11:30 AM
I started doing this three wars ago, before it was fashionable ;-). But I switched back to a large syndicate, because by and large, getting top 75 or even 100 gives you prizes with mods that are far better than the streak prizes. The smaller the syn, the more IP you each need to rack up even to get top 250.

This has been fashionable a lot longer than 3 wars.
Chelsea and Balthazar wasnt really a streak team as there was no streaks then, just one girl who was angry at her team and a friend.
At the moment, while there are no mods attached, yes top10 maybe even 25 is better than the streak goal.