PDA

View Full Version : Close battle lost by own-goal!

sister morphine
01-05-2014, 03:55 AM
Just finished in a contest with another one person team. Slightly nervous start as we both tried to psych each other out for 15 minutes. He then attacked me and lost. That gave me the confidence to hit him despite knowing the points would be rubbish (he's level 109, I'm 194) - I scored between 86 (!) and 156 with no wall reducing things; if he'd been able to beat me he'd have got 300-400+ points a hit. So stupidly unfair. Change it Gree. :(

Anyway, with a couple of minutes to go I guess he must have been on a streak, so bought some gold and tried a power attack. He lost there too so went crazy on my command centre! If he'd not done the attack he would have won as I was on 640 at the time, lol

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y503/SisterMorphine63/90049b4e-e0fc-49ec-b70f-40b976cfce08_zpse7e0f2c1.png

MattThomas08
01-05-2014, 05:12 AM
How could you tell he used a power attack?

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-05-2014, 05:27 AM
How do you know he was trying to 'psych you out'.

How do you know he bought gold with a couple of minutes to go.

He went crazy on the command centre? He only has 800 points.

So you attacked him and won.

He attacked you and lost.

Then he hit your command centre a few times and you were lucky to get over the line in the end to someone far less powerful than you and a significantly lower level.

Sounds way better the way you wrote it.

sister morphine
01-05-2014, 05:52 AM
How could you tell he used a power attack?
Hi Matt,

I'm guessing of course, but the fact that he'd lost the first time he attacked - for which I got far fewer points than the 299 from that attack suggests he tried it to see if he could snatch a win at the end. There'd be no point to making a conventional attack when he'd lost before doing so.

sister morphine
01-05-2014, 06:10 AM
How do you know he was trying to 'psych you out'.
Low reading comprehension? I said both of us. When you fight solo and usually get matched with a large team it's reasonably easy to guess none will be able to touch you as the total syndicate attack is a principal factor in match-ups. Getting matched with a single player is another matter. Either only one will be able to hit the other, or both (in which case it comes down to whoever gets lucky). In this case he is 85 levels below, which puts me at an immediate disadvantage for IP as said. My initial plan had been to do nothing until the final minute if he had not tried anything beforehand. The only other time I had a single player match-up I waited until he hit me that time too. I have to presume he was waiting for me to hit him too - that's why it took 15 minutes for anything to happen.

How do you know he bought gold with a couple of minutes to go.
Once more a guess on my part, but if the positions had been reversed I'd have tried moving ahead earlier to see how the opposition responded. Perhaps not in this case as I'd just finished 5-streak, so going down wouldn't have mattered too much. The guy's total IP suggests he's not a gold buyer, much, same as me.

He went crazy on the command centre? He only has 800 points.
He only had 240 up to the last minute, so likely 8 hits after the attack on me. Might not seem much but you can't do fast tapping on the cc like on a player what with having to dismiss the result screen each time. Obviously he was hitting it as quick as he could. Duh!

I fully admit I was lucky. That's what the thread title is about.

TZora
01-05-2014, 08:30 AM
you fighting Big Freak .. the name says it all :D

MattThomas08
01-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi Matt,

I'm guessing of course, but the fact that he'd lost the first time he attacked - for which I got far fewer points than the 299 from that attack suggests he tried it to see if he could snatch a win at the end. There'd be no point to making a conventional attack when he'd lost before doing so.

Just curious. I wonder what the point structure is like when you win by regular hit vs power attack. I'm not even aware power attack increases your chances of winning a particular attack...

MattThomas08
01-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi Matt,

Oh and hi sis :).

sister morphine
01-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Just curious. I wonder what the point structure is like when you win by regular hit vs power attack. I'm not even aware power attack increases your chances of winning a particular attack...
Power attack increases your strength by 50% I think. Something like that :)

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-05-2014, 04:02 PM
It doubles it SM.

But the 'wheel of mis-fortune' still applies to wins and losses and also the points.