PDA

View Full Version : gree

lemonhaze
01-05-2014, 12:03 AM
hey gree just wondering if the war is gonna be for officers only to declare since only officers can summon the boss...hopefully u guys have it set that way for war to..if so a big thanks before hand...

Sirius
01-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Tossed to Dev's! I know theres been a lot of feedback in regards to what officers can do. So if other folks wanna add their say please do!

Hotshots
01-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Officers only to declare please Sirius . While my faction has no issues with the current set up , I'd like to see the problem of douchebags not being able to declare and ruin the fun of wd.
Make it happen please , officers only to declare

SpikeyKit
01-05-2014, 02:49 AM
Tossed to Dev's! I know theres been a lot of feedback in regards to what officers can do. So if other folks wanna add their say please do!

Though it no longer effects my team it has been a problem in the past.
Vote for officers only

Richard79
01-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Yes please officers only to declare, my faithful members know the score but any new recruits pose a risk and with the current lay out a factions wd can be ruined with the actions of a rogue member

Richard79
01-05-2014, 03:31 AM
Also how about some other ranks to promote ppl to, member, officer and leader just are not enough even just 1 more rank would be nice and let them delete there posts and poss recruit, then officers delete posts, declare war, recruit and buy walls and leader can do it all

Big John
01-05-2014, 03:34 AM
Officers for me too and agree that there should be 2nd in command for wall buying in case leader not around.

Quality Control
01-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Officers only to declare please Sirius . While my faction has minor issues with the current set up , I'd like to see the problem of newbies or renegades not being able to declare and ruin the fun of wd.
Make it happen please , officers only to declare

I hope more people comment.

Vegaman
01-05-2014, 05:09 AM

Sirius, not wishing to sound rude brother but don't tell me you don't read the forums. Every war since Brazil there have been countless posts requesting this. Please do the right thing and sort this. Maybe then you guys will start to get some respect and courtesy. Don't just add another stall post as above. We are all not goldfish with 4 second memories on this forum. Some of us are elephants 🐘

Andycis516
01-05-2014, 08:56 AM
I wish there could be a tier for officers as well. Maybe 3 levels of ranking

Cow
01-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Yes officers only to declare.

Worked great in raid boss event. If you need/want more people to be able to declare/summon you just change. Instead of being stuck with people declaring/summoning against faction plan.

Just be sure to keep ability to change officers at all times-i.e. during war/raid boss/etc.

jkpandian
01-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Would like to have more ranks to show appreciation to the members, also would like to have
1. co-leader/2nd in command to accept and drop members, buy walls
2. More intermediate ranks with different limited resposnsibily (can only declare wars/boss but not add/drop members)
3. More ranks in general similar to war of nations, it will boost morale and to show appreciation

Jesse21
01-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I wish there could be a tier for officers as well. Maybe 3 levels of ranking

Like generals

Jlc
01-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Officers only can declare, and a second in command with the same features as the leader.

Farticus
01-05-2014, 10:14 AM
It would be better for only officers to declare. A rogue officer can always be demoted to member and not ruin your war.

Aks
01-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes please.. Officers only.. It was a problem for us not at the moment but players coming in and out you never know.. So yes vote for officers only..

bradleyk
01-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Officers only to declare war.
And add option for a 2nd leader of the faction.
I don't care about adding different level of officers. I think that's a bit much for now. Just fix the officers only to declare war problem first!

SGT Rud
01-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Officers should be the only to declare. Current set-up of the raid boss, why not WD.

lemonhaze
01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
thanks sirus for the post

Officers only to declare war.
And add option for a 2nd leader of the faction.
I don't care about adding different level of officers. I think that's a bit much for now. Just fix the officers only to declare war problem first!i agree i dont care about all the other stuff that is not imp and not what this post was about..if we can only get officers to delcare and they can work on the other stuff later as this is the only thing that can affect the money we spend

Dirty Mind
01-05-2014, 10:45 AM
officers only to declare, with the option to appoint a 1-time declare to a non-officer before each war

west coast girl
01-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Yes please. Officers only get to declare. I think most factions have had problems with a rogue war started.

Agent Orange
01-05-2014, 12:06 PM
It would be better for only officers to declare. A rogue officer can always be demoted to member and not ruin your war.

Keep in mind that once WD starts factions are also locked in terms of promotions and demotions....

Agent Orange
01-05-2014, 12:09 PM
And yes officers only, seemed like a no brainer back when it was suggested on the very first WD series.

Kitler
01-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Vote for officers to declare.

...BORIS
01-05-2014, 12:38 PM
I await the moans about rogue officers with glee / gree!
However, it is a much more sensible way to run a campaign.

lemonhaze
01-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Keep in mind that once WD starts factions are also locked in terms of promotions and demotions.... so the leader cant promote or demote officers once war is started AO? if that is the case then only very trusted members should have that badge b4 war..someone thats been there at least 2-3 wars

PRY
01-05-2014, 03:04 PM

Officers only is the way it should be.

Griffin4
01-05-2014, 03:52 PM
I agree only officers should be allowed to declare war,in our faction its not a problem now but we had a guy called tino who declaredevery time all the time boy were we glad to kick him

oakletixfan
01-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Hell yeah officers only!

/bean
01-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Yes please - only officers should declare.

Bobar
01-05-2014, 04:16 PM
if you do so (appreciated), please let us, the teamleaders, change member status DURING battle. (Keep the non firing policy to avoid faction hopping)

Kill Joy
01-05-2014, 04:24 PM
officers only with the option to promote and demote during WD event.

lemonhaze
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Sirius here is everone on forum agreeing with the request that has been in the pipes for months and months...hope u can let the Devs see our feedback and make this happen..once again thanks

Kilaasi
01-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Only officers to declare and buy walls or a 2nd in command who are allowed to buy walls (the leader needs sleep too)
Promote/demote officers during war.

That would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

Inimical
01-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I want to be able to time a user out or isolate him during WD so that if slackers an ****heads are in we can prevent them from receiving prizes.

Hellish
01-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Officers only to declare please!

Cal Naughton Jr
01-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Please make it possible to remove members during war. I know this can cause problems, however you could make it so we put the player in a "penalty box" where they cannot participate not be a target yet they would still get rewards for that one war. This would resolve the issue from last war and players won't get cheated out of rewards. WIN-WIN.

Maddog11
01-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Officers only. Is the vote of our whole faction

its_MARTIN
01-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Officers to declare only please. It only makes sense after what happened to TKO and many others with uninformed members.

Blade of 3
01-05-2014, 07:32 PM
It only makes sense too.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-05-2014, 07:36 PM
It's not quite as simple as only having Officers declare.

A couple of things need doing to ensure we get the result we are after.

If you have a look at another thread a few days ago there were complaints about 'rouge' officers summonsing. So nothing much changes if faction leadership doesn't become proactive in looking after itself by understanding issues and working through or around them.

Gree can't solve all our problems, we have to problem solve ourselves as leaders.

1. (Leadership responsibility) - Make sure our communication is very clear and everyone is aware of what is required at all times. Lack of clear communication with a well defined plan is for many, the biggest problem.

2. (Leadership responsibility) - Officer selection and constant assessment is critical to a smooth outcome.

3. (Leadership responsibility) Understand what resources you have in the game and utilise them better. Such as how to find which officer is summonsing. The resources are there we have to understand them and use them.

4. (Gree Responsibility) Change the system so only officers can declare.

5. (Leadership responsibility) Make sure we have responsible people through the time zones that are officers. What works best for the faction operationally dictates the officers and nothing else.

6. (Gree responsibility) Change the system so Officers can be demoted or promoted during war, exactly as you can change the DL.

7. I'm sure I've missed some things that are important to us. Feel free to add or further discuss so we can finally get this right and put this issue at rest.

shapie28
01-08-2014, 06:20 PM

Hi there Sirus. Hope you are okay. I email gree about what happened to my account. This is the 24 hours since then I've got no reply. Maybe you can help me in any ways. Please do. Thanks.

Account: 768 058 442 Commander Zhoiee level110.

Fwob
01-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Only Officers + to declare

Systematrix
01-08-2014, 11:20 PM
+1 for Officers Only to declare war, thank you, good bye.

Dansgek
01-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Nice post Ysae Kaeps ASU

lemonhaze
01-09-2014, 07:39 AM
It's not quite as simple as only having Officers declare.

A couple of things need doing to ensure we get the result we are after.

If you have a look at another thread a few days ago there were complaints about 'rouge' officers summonsing. So nothing much changes if faction leadership doesn't become proactive in looking after itself by understanding issues and working through or around them.

Gree can't solve all our problems, we have to problem solve ourselves as leaders.

1. (Leadership responsibility) - Make sure our communication is very clear and everyone is aware of what is required at all times. Lack of clear communication with a well defined plan is for many, the biggest problem.

2. (Leadership responsibility) - Officer selection and constant assessment is critical to a smooth outcome.

3. (Leadership responsibility) Understand what resources you have in the game and utilise them better. Such as how to find which officer is summonsing. The resources are there we have to understand them and use them.

4. (Gree Responsibility) Change the system so only officers can declare.

5. (Leadership responsibility) Make sure we have responsible people through the time zones that are officers. What works best for the faction operationally dictates the officers and nothing else.

6. (Gree responsibility) Change the system so Officers can be demoted or promoted during war, exactly as you can change the DL.

7. I'm sure I've missed some things that are important to us. Feel free to add or further discuss so we can finally get this right and put this issue at rest. nice post buddy

sirus any updates for us on this matter? thanks

01-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Please only officers

FLGuy
01-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Yes please officers ONLY can declare war. Please oh Please :-)

I am dreaming here but would also like the option for the LEADER only to be able to boot max of 1 or 2 players during WD. There are times when new recruits say they will do XXX in WD points only to see that they are slackers and should not earn Faction Wards after WD.

Only way to ensure they don't get the award is to boot them prior to the end of the event.

bradleyk
01-09-2014, 09:09 AM
I already responded with officers only to declare war. I also agree with others that are asking to somehow penalize or possibly remove a rogue player during WD. I agree with this also.

I'll make an assumption and maybe someone can verify... Gree locks factions during WD because the entire faction strength and numbers are frozen in time and these numbers are used for the entire event. If this is how it works then it makes sense and easier for the computer algorithms to match up FvF battles. To prevent these "frozen stats" from changing, gree locks out any changes that can be made.
So, I say, let us kick out a member. If that member has 5 million att/def stats and the cumulative att/def of the faction is 100 million then so what. Kick out that one player. The frozen number stays at 100 million and the faction may still get paired with another faction at 100 million. It's an unfair advantage to the other faction but you got to kick out the problem player. Now Gree doesn't have to re-calculate anything for the rest of WD (again, assuming this is how it works).

Now, on top of kicking the player out, make it cost something. We could buy a "kick out player during WD" bonus. That would make the team think harder before taking action.

Just some thoughts. Maybe someone can build on it to make more sense.

Socks
01-09-2014, 05:26 PM
So if other folks wanna add their say please do!

You're a superior administrator. That's what I have to say.

Kill Joy
01-09-2014, 05:30 PM
The main reason also for players not to be able to get kicked is because a lot of factions have a "weak link" that are getting hit non stop for points and will just be booted out simply for that reason even if they are playing as much as they can. How would this be fair? Whatever members you bring into war when it starts is who you should be stuck with. Having a rogue player is simply fixed by have officers declare only.

I already responded with officers only to declare war. I also agree with others that are asking to somehow penalize or possibly remove a rogue player during WD. I agree with this also.

I'll make an assumption and maybe someone can verify... Gree locks factions during WD because the entire faction strength and numbers are frozen in time and these numbers are used for the entire event. If this is how it works then it makes sense and easier for the computer algorithms to match up FvF battles. To prevent these "frozen stats" from changing, gree locks out any changes that can be made.
So, I say, let us kick out a member. If that member has 5 million att/def stats and the cumulative att/def of the faction is 100 million then so what. Kick out that one player. The frozen number stays at 100 million and the faction may still get paired with another faction at 100 million. It's an unfair advantage to the other faction but you got to kick out the problem player. Now Gree doesn't have to re-calculate anything for the rest of WD (again, assuming this is how it works).

Now, on top of kicking the player out, make it cost something. We could buy a "kick out player during WD" bonus. That would make the team think harder before taking action.

Just some thoughts. Maybe someone can build on it to make more sense.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-09-2014, 05:51 PM
.....I also agree with others that are asking to somehow penalize or possibly remove a rogue player during WD. I agree with this also......... you got to kick out the problem player.....

Sure, it solves that problem. I think the officers only declares may be a better resolution to that, for one reason.

The problem lies with what is a 'Problem member'?

Sure it's the one you described, but equally so could it be those who happen to have a lot of losses. Could it be someone who the leader for reasons other than fighting, just takes a dislike to for whatever right or wrong reason.

Will it end up a strategic play to boot out those heavy loss guys. The ones who were 'taken in' and the same ones who have 'banged' away, or the 'wall hitters', or the guy that is legitimately unavailable on the last day. The ones who have donated a lot of their personal time and sleep time and perhaps gold as well.

Will they be the ones that get the boot at the critically strategic time near the end of the war? Which will be justified on that basis.

That's the bit I am concerned about under that proposal. Too much injustice could be done that leads to a discussion in time, as it being a very legitimate strategic play.

Further to that, if you can boot them during war, then equally so you can accept others. Think about that strategic play!

bradleyk
01-10-2014, 04:09 AM
Thanks for those replies, Ysae & Kill Joy….good discussion. I think I made some valid points but I didn't think about the player that is honestly trying but just happens to be the one getting targeted, thus racking up a bunch of losses. I’ve been that player before.
I agree...wouldn't be fair to boot that player.

Jason5200
01-10-2014, 05:56 AM
I vote for officers only to declare

Rob TRK
01-10-2014, 07:24 AM
So if the officer change is made what other type of problem is there legitimately? If you get removed during war for one lack of participation you may well be in the wrong faction for you. Communication is king, simple message sorry guys real life is happening for me today...

Players getting targeted happens, but you as a team of leaders choose the players to go into war with. Pretty easy with experience to know the like targets high Level lower Attack. If they are part of the team it happens and removing them just shifts the target to someone else, as the higher placed teams scout effectively or are part of information networks which give quick access to data.

I do not believe players should be able to shift factions during the event. It has the option to create a hopping approach, the "my team are doing badly after day 1, move to a prize". So everyone knows the deal.

Officers only declare
No player removal during the event
No player additions during the event

Sorts out most issues and then it's a case of choose your faction and members as wisely as you can. We avoid adding members on the eve of the war, even if that means slots are free. Better a known group than a bunch of freeloaders.

Pippette
01-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Given that we now have active sabotage in terms of players purposely dropping their stats to become whales, a mechanism to prevent this should be in place. As pointed out by many, allowing a member to be dropped during a war is open to abuse and has downsides.

So why not be able to "suspend" players, so that once suspended they can no longer take part in the war and are not listed for others to attack. That way sabatours can be sidelined but people can't be denied prizes at the whim of a faction leader either.

You could limit the number of potential suspensions to one or two and make the suspension irreversible during a war to limit the tactical possibilities of such a function.

Just a thought since a would hate the underhand tactics used by some last war to become commonplace

Rob TRK
01-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Pipette, that is a reasonable point, but commonplace is unlikely. Two examples are quoted, both impacting top 5 factions and designed to prevent another faction mounting a challenge to a top spot. Nasty and unpleasant tactics certainly. In reality how many teams are playing for the stakes which drove the behaviours?

Seems to me that adding that functionality would generate abuse, dropping weaker players near the end of streaks etc..
Bottom line for me is build the team with common purpose and live with the outcomes. If someone defaults then remove them post war.

lemonhaze
01-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Pipette, that is a reasonable point, but commonplace is unlikely. Two examples are quoted, both impacting top 5 factions and designed to prevent another faction mounting a challenge to a top spot. Nasty and unpleasant tactics certainly. In reality how many teams are playing for the stakes which drove the behaviours?

Seems to me that adding that functionality would generate abuse, dropping weaker players near the end of streaks etc..
Bottom line for me is build the team with common purpose and live with the outcomes. If someone defaults then remove them post war. agreed Rob with ur post.. this would be the worst thing ever if they made it to kick ppl out for the war..ppl get mad at others all time and would just wait one hr before event over and toss them out..they might have spent a vault trying really hard but still rack up loses and to get tossed and no units no bonus..then the tickets would be flying to gree..this is never gonna happen

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-10-2014, 02:07 PM

You're right. At this stage it will be restricted to the top handful.

Unfortunately nothing was done about it. It is now therefore a legitimate tactic that must be considered by leaders. I consider it terrible however it's been legitimised by lack of any sanction.

Luuzer
01-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I think this is one of the longest threads where everyone agrees and wants only officers to declare. Havent seen anyone against it yet :D :D :D

Georgi
01-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Tossed to Dev's! I know theres been a lot of feedback in regards to what officers can do. So if other folks wanna add their say please do! Well any person could give such a reply.... we can easily say this is a complaint for YEARS now..... If I toss something in the house nobody knows where it goes. So I hope you take Lemonhazes request serious and make it a PRIO 1. When ppl cannot control money spent in my Dutch language we say 'it walks out of the hand'

Brizzol
01-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Officers only please.

Tncatfan
01-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Officers only please, too many are pleading for it!

La La594
01-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Officers only pls

BeezyBomb
01-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Officers only gree!!

Heads
01-11-2014, 03:29 AM
Officers only and a second in command to be able to do the same as the leader except to be able to delete the leader.