PDA

View Full Version : Epic Boss Wrath Demon is here!

Elita
01-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Happy New Year!

The Wrath Demon has crawled out of his nest to try to ruin your new year!

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a538/giiforums/b8af1b83-405b-4b0d-b5a3-95a1857c11d7_zpsf76de3e5.png?t=1388695970

You have until January 8, 2014 to defeat him!

Titans BossShip
01-02-2014, 12:58 PM
U mean the purple Hannibal Half Dragon? :P

Oxilated
01-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Do all upcoming eb (including this one) is permanently 20% stronger than the previous version of EB?

FreakyFaye
01-02-2014, 01:39 PM
I think the winter kings were incredibly hard. Had to get to 44 to craft plus. This one seems like getting to 43 will be a lot easier. I'm at 20 already :)

Musketeer
01-02-2014, 03:20 PM
I think the winter kings were incredibly hard. Had to get to 44 to craft plus. This one seems like getting to 43 will be a lot easier. I'm at 20 already :)

Yes and no. Lower stats, but you can't get a double whammy with matching elements, at least without taking an extra 50% damage yourself.

Reebo
01-03-2014, 05:09 AM
The thing that is nagging at the back of my mind is the rate of increase.

I'm sure some of the longer-term players can comment here and give a longer perspective but to me it feels like the rate of EB armors being made available and the rate of armor increase gives us more armors to be leveled than is reasonable.

Most folks I know have the winter kings armors and are trying to level the better ones and we're already seeing EBs with better armor. If we focus on this boss's armor and start leveling it (get the regular to 35, then craft the plus then work on getting the plus to 70+... there will already be another EB with even better armor available. It feels like there's no more plateaus where we can finish off an armor and benefit from it. Now it's all pure grinding.

And many of these EB armors are starting to eclipse mainstay epics that people spent time and effort leveling only recently. That has to be just a bit aggravating.

Anyways, that's just how it's feeling to me.

ZERO_07
01-03-2014, 10:00 AM
IT'S HANNIBAL HALF DARAGON's PURPLE COUSIN

trolol

Musketeer
01-03-2014, 10:01 AM
I've been playing since May, not as long as many, but long enough to have seen plenty of bosses.

I don't know if Gree expects players to be able to level every armor, but unless you're buying a lot of fusing material it's a full time job just collecting the snakeskins and seeding your armories. I'm currently only levelling the armors with adjacent elements, and even there I'm not managing them all due to the recent spate of such armors. Even with the new Arena giving many more free armors than the old one, there's still a lot of farming and crafting to do.

DaChosenOne
01-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Anyone have the nemesis that I can add please?? Need a few more kills level 81.. Any help is greatly appreciated

simplebeing
01-05-2014, 06:56 PM
I have been playing since April and was not a paying player till october. Since oct I have been getting + version of Boss's armor, but it seems like gree is just increasing the stats like there is no tomorrow. there was a time when i killed lvl 60 boss without spending 12gems to restore knights but with winter kings line up it was impossible. current boss is easier but still a lot stronger than they used to be. I have spent almost 80 gems so far and hit lvl 52, but i think once i hit lvl 56 my current lineup will not be enough to kill him with maxed blaze, maxed horseman and maxed behemoth with 2 maxed blaze friends. which is not fair to players including myself. Its just impossible to win with good armors (3 epics with main knights and 2 +legendaries). I think Gree is short for GREED!

If they keep this up they will lose a lot of good players including myself!

Check out the leaderboard. Top 3rd player is only a LVL 29 FFS! talk about spending thousands of $$$ on EB or is he one of ur programmers with unlimited supply of gems?

C'mon gree stop being so F****n greedy and give us some achievable goals!

Dianish
01-05-2014, 09:10 PM
I have been playing since April and was not a paying player till october. Since oct I have been getting + version of Boss's armor, but it seems like gree is just increasing the stats like there is no tomorrow. there was a time when i killed lvl 60 boss without spending 12gems to restore knights but with winter kings line up it was impossible. current boss is easier but still a lot stronger than they used to be. I have spent almost 80 gems so far and hit lvl 52, but i think once i hit lvl 56 my current lineup will not be enough to kill him with maxed blaze, maxed horseman and maxed behemoth with 2 maxed blaze friends. which is not fair to players including myself. Its just impossible to win with good armors (3 epics with main knights and 2 +legendaries). I think Gree is short for GREED!

Check out the leaderboard. Top 3rd player is only a LVL 29 FFS! talk about spending thousands of $$$ on EB or is he one of ur programmers with unlimited supply of gems?

Im waiting for 56th kill as we speak - Still 66 hours left of boss.

My line up:

Air knight: Beastmaster
Earth Knight: Glacius+
Commander: Behemoth+
Friend1: Blazeborn
Friend2: Sky Majesty.
(Or both Blazeborn)

As you see my setup is bad. Glacius dies from 2 hits. Beastmaster doesnt have any advantage and Behemoth+ isnt a strong at this EB level.

I do just fine and havent failed a boss kil yet. Still downing the boss with last knight being hit little to none. I thought htis boss was easiere because i reach this far with bad line up - I have never gotten this far this fast. This beat my old record which was horseman(I used maelstroms). So dont tell me this boss is harder.

Are you lvl 100?
What is your guilds bonuses % at ?

Edit: I would understand your frustration about it if you were talking about the Winter Kings - Which did have increased stats which was a tough one. Even I got the collection easily and i had Bear+ and B.Guardian for Glacius but the elemental advantage was obsolete with the boss increased stats.

I think you are doing something terribly wrong, mate.

Musketeer
01-06-2014, 06:21 AM
maxed horseman

Horseman is a bad choice for this boss, the water element is getting you hit 50% harder. If you've been hitting 43 for a while you should have better options available.

You need to disabuse yourself of the notion that every player who once hit 60 can hit level 60 with every epic boss thereafter without gem use. It just isn't so, nor should it be. Also note that occasional 1 gem special hit is more efficient that resurrecting all 5 knights for 12 gems, if you use fewer than 12 gems on a boss level. 2-3 special hits with your strongest knight might be all you need to get that extra damage.

I think Gree are being more generous now, with gems and armors via the arena, than they used to be. I have no problem being a non-spending player and not getting to 60 every week. I can hit 53 comfortably if I watch my energy and use it wisely, and that's good enough for me.

This boss has the regular stats that started with Deva, not even elevated stats of an event boss, so it's actually easier to beat than Notus. Ravenlord had the same stats, but Wraith Demon is easier to beat due to energy recharge times.

Epic Energy recharge time is now 25 minutes/point (same as the Arena), not 30 minutes/point. This means you can recharge to 6 energy before a second round of attacks if you start with a full 10, with a 20 minute window to use that energy. This compares to recharging to 5 max with a 30 minute window.

Faster recharge has increased the maximum energy points available (before EE drops and purchases) from 336 to 403, so you have more attacks opportunities available with more knights.

EljayK
01-06-2014, 07:25 AM
I would also add that this is the first time I'll be hitting 60 without any gems used at all. It's from a long time of building up boss armors. 60 isn't easy, even if you are gemming, until you get used to it. The problem is those last 15 levels where you may be using 2 friends a run and have to get used to when to use your energy so that you continuously have friends. 60 is more a skill of time management than armor availability sometimes.

Musketeer is right though. It's easier now to drop bosses. Energy time changes have made standard stat bosses like this much easier to take down regularly.

SomethingStrange
01-08-2014, 04:25 PM

FYI, when you are under level 100 and/or have crappy armors, your friend damage is capped. It ISN"T possible -- top 25 are exploiting a glitch. On iOS it looks like a majority of one guild too. Hope they get banned.