PDA

View Full Version : Partnership

Bravo Zulu
01-02-2014, 12:33 PM
This is not about recruiting, so I am posting this here for the visibility.

Over the past several months, we have reduced our faction size to help meet the demands of the new war dynamics. We have pared down to our daily, invested players. We do not want to merge factions, and are not really looking to add permanent members (although we always consider new requests).

What we are looking for is another small faction that would be willing to join us for the boss event only- and perhaps the faction LTQs if all goes well. A faction with around 15 members or less is ideal, but we can work out more in the details. Singles players interested in joining for boss only will also be considered.

If you are interested in a partnership, please send me a pm.

Thief
01-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Sorry but just because its temporary doesn't make it not a recruitment Thread

Tanner
01-02-2014, 01:27 PM
This is not a post.

Cre8ivPwr
01-02-2014, 01:47 PM
This is not a post.

This is not a reply to your post about not being a post.

Bravo Zulu
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM
This is my rolling my eyes because it wouldn't be a thread if people who didn't post a reply didn't actually post a reply. Now, see, it's not a recruitment thread Thief! Is a thread about how it isn't what it says it is.

Durt McGurt
01-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Partnerships are good. In fact... If there was another small group, perhaps a streak squad interested... A few spots could be made available.

Just to be safe... Here is a link to a recruitment thread for this sort of thing. Those guys and gals really have it going on. Word is they have Jenga Battles every Tuesday night.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?73805-McGurt-looking-for-small-hit-squad-for-quot-in-between-events-quot-boss-FLTQ&p=1138043#post1138043

#alsonotrecruitmentjustapartnershipforsomelikemind edplayers
#thiefsmellslikecheesewizbutistilllikehim

Bravo Zulu
01-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Partnerships are good. In fact... If there was another small group, perhaps a streak squad interested... A few spots could be made available.

Just to be safe... Here is a link to a recruitment thread for this sort of thing. Those guys and gals really have it going on. Word is they have Jenga Battles every Tuesday night.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?73805-McGurt-looking-for-small-hit-squad-for-quot-in-between-events-quot-boss-FLTQ&p=1138043#post1138043

#alsonotrecruitmentjustapartnershipforsomelikemind edplayers
#thiefsmellslikecheesewizbutistilllikehim

Yeah. We might have a chance during a Jenga tournament, unlike the battle where we were matched with you guys and all we could do was watch you score. Lol.

You are too high for us. We don't compete in your world. Hell, I damn near felt like a celebrity visited when you raided my base a couple of weeks ago. You and your faction are impressive, and out of our league. There is no way you would be interested in what we can offer.

Mr. Artois
01-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Sounds like recruiting to me.

Bravo Zulu
01-02-2014, 07:42 PM
I can never remember whether the idiom is beating a dead horse, or whether it is a dog. I suppose either will suffice, since at any rate the idiom has taken on meaning beyond its original intent. It didn't used to be "beating" it was flogging historically- with some citing it as having origins in nautical terms. The things I learned in the Navy. That, and when they say "field day" on a ship, it does not mean it's fun. At all.

Oh, are we done with randomness? For a post that "should" be recruitment and properly placed in the proper place, to posts that aren't posts, to unsolicited opinion veering off-topic of the misplaced post, I think we are all a bit bored tonight.

Kill Joy
01-02-2014, 08:52 PM
this should not be allowed. streak teams that cant handle war as a full unit, should not be recruiting to help them finish these events. You went off on your own, now deal with it and man up.

Bravo Zulu
01-02-2014, 09:17 PM
this should not be allowed. streak teams that cant handle war as a full unit, should not be recruiting to help them finish these events. You went off on your own, now deal with it and man up.

I normally wouldn't respond to nonsense, but as I said- I must be bored. I can't seem to find any intel folders.

What are you talking about? Who are you talking about? We are not a streak team. The new war dynamics I am referencing have to do with not carrying dead weight (stat weight) into wars from part time players. We pared down because we can't afford to get matched up with these high factions- their stats are insane compared to ours.

Although I have the utmost respect for Thief, I disagree about this being recruitment. It's advertisement. And where did our faction get the idea of a partnership? Why here on the forum of course, and it just makes sense.

Gree puts out events that become more unmanageable at the higher levels- like boss events. If you have a small relatively high level faction you can't beat the bosses- and then the stats gap becomes more and and more disparate.

This is not a difficult concept to get, and it requires creative solutions. Even if you are referring to McGurt's post about a streak squad, it doesn't seem to me that anybody is crying but you with your "this shouldn't be allowed." What? Finding legitimate ways to play a game we think is fun shouldn't be allowed? What were we thinking. Oh, right. I thought we WERE dealing with it.

And I really have no desire to man up. I like my particular bits.

Kill Joy
01-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Thank you for putting in me my place. oh what was i thinking. LOL.

I normally wouldn't respond to nonsense, but as I said- I must be bored. I can't seem to find any intel folders.

What are you talking about? Who are you talking about? We are not a streak team. The new war dynamics I am referencing have to do with not carrying dead weight (stat weight) into wars from part time players. We pared down because we can't afford to get matched up with these high factions- their stats are insane compared to ours.

Although I have the utmost respect for Thief, I disagree about this being recruitment. It's advertisement. And where did our faction get the idea of a partnership? Why here on the forum of course, and it just makes sense.

Gree puts out events that become more unmanageable at the higher levels- like boss events. If you have a small relatively high level faction you can't beat the bosses- and then the stats gap becomes more and and more disparate.

This is not a difficult concept to get, and it requires creative solutions. Even if you are referring to McGurt's post about a streak squad, it doesn't seem to me that anybody is crying but you with your "this shouldn't be allowed." What? Finding legitimate ways to play a game we think is fun shouldn't be allowed? What were we thinking. Oh, right. I thought we WERE dealing with it.

And I really have no desire to man up. I like my particular bits.

2000y2k
01-02-2014, 10:35 PM
He just wants to merge a team or many little teams into his bigger one but once war comes they all get the boot. So it's more of a bed and breakfast than a long term partnership. It's like a gay bar, some go to hook up for the night and others look for partnership. Since he only wants to hock up with some players he can milk for the events between wars he's not recruiting just looking for some action for his faction.

No recruitment hear. He even said so!!

2000y2k
01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
He just wants to merge a team or many little teams into his bigger one but once war comes they all get the boot. So it's more of a bed and breakfast than a long term partnership. It's like a gay bar, some go to hook up for the night and others look for partnership. Since he only wants to hock up with some players he can milk for the events between wars he's not recruiting just looking for some action for his faction.

Damn my grammar and spelling errors. This is not a correction to my post. It's just more action for my faction.

DFI
01-03-2014, 03:47 AM
CJ, can we put an end to this by asking you to just move this thread to the announcement section rather than the faction section, as this is surely not a recruitment thread. I believe the OP is trying to announce that he's looking for a partnership.

Durt McGurt
01-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Yeah. We might have a chance during a Jenga tournament, unlike the battle where we were matched with you guys and all we could do was watch you score. Lol.

You are too high for us. We don't compete in your world. Hell, I damn near felt like a celebrity visited when you raided my base a couple of weeks ago. You and your faction are impressive, and out of our league. There is no way you would be interested in what we can offer.

Don't sell yourself short. All we look for are fun and active players. I think we met once we were done streaking so we just kept whacking anyone who gave good points.

Bravo Zulu
01-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Don't sell yourself short. All we look for are fun and active players. I think we met once we were done streaking so we just kept whacking anyone who gave good points.

I sent you a pm.

Bravo Zulu
01-03-2014, 08:45 AM
And FYI. Gay bars are totally fun and cool places. People there aren't as uptight as people are in other places. Like here.

Thief
01-03-2014, 10:41 AM

First thank you i have absolutely no issue with a difference of opinion. I get what your trying to do i really do and i don't think there is anything wrong with it. I personally see it as recruitment but at the same time its no worse than the constant threads for concrete or SUP looking for intel forlders already in the main forum (i've asked that we can have a trading section just to cut down on the posts)

At the same time its still better than trolling threads i just spend lots of time in the forums as i'm sure your aware and its a little messy :D

Best of luck in your endevour.

Speed ump
01-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Bravo, I see the trolls even mess with the lower factions who post here, not just sup. I can see both your and theifs views, in a way you're asking to recruit temps. Thief, were we asking for intel folders? The empire reaches so far it's hard to keep up with all departments and their ongoing activities.

Mcdoc
01-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Nice recruitment thread - good luck with that - LoL

Bravo Zulu
01-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Bravo, I see the trolls even mess with the lower factions who post here, not just sup. I can see both your and theifs views, in a way you're asking to recruit temps. Thief, were we asking for intel folders? The empire reaches so far it's hard to keep up with all departments and their ongoing activities.

Thanks for the post. In all honesty, I do see that too. Sigh. I have just gotten stubborn I suppose because as usual this isn't anymore about the first post. It's about fighting (not with Thief, the weird trolling people). And even though I didn't really see it as recruiting, I probably would have moved it after Thief made his point (well taken) but I then I refused to let the others think they could run me off.

I always figured they messed with SUP because SUP is first. With that, I'm sure, comes tons of jealousy. I've watched it with interest but we lower factions can't really weigh in- and shouldn't- as we have no idea what really happens way up there! :)

What I do know is that the top factions are top for a reason, and lots of ideas from you guys are useful at our level, we just don't know how to access them. That being said, I guess this forum isn't the place anymore. It's a shame, because it was listening to all of you guys that made me the player I am. Nothing spectacular, but above average. But as is the case with everyone in my faction, my stats are quickly eroding. We can't compete with the way the game is set up without lots of money and some sort of partnership was our last option.

I'm not naive and I know my faction doesn't make a difference to anyone but us. And that's all this post was supposed to be about- us finding a way to still play. I didn't think people would care about our faction, per se, but I can't think of anywhere else to find people that know this game any better.

In the same way, I think I was hoping that maybe with some visibility those of you on top might have something to offer in terms of things to try. You guys always seemed to have good advice. I'm not sure why, but McDoc's post actually surprised me- I was caught off guard by his response. The forum true, now, is full of complaints and diatribes in a way that I'm not sure exactly why my post is garnering such a strong reaction. Such is life I guess. At least life on the forum.

Ajk
01-04-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm also a little taken back about McDoc's post. He's usually quite a helpful individual. Perhaps he was having a bad day.