PDA

View Full Version : World Domination: Alternate Model

Evil Mastermind
01-02-2014, 10:21 AM
World Domination is still fun but it has definitely lost some of its luster compared to the early days. I for one would like to see a change. I'm sure GREE and all their programming genius could pull this off if they wanted to do it.

This is supposed to be a war game. How can you have a war game without injury or casualty? I say spice it up a bit. Make it so that players can actually be taken out of battle. Once killed they can no longer attack or be attacked.

Forget about the boring health bar and let players attack at will until they meet their maker. Bring some randomness and strategy to the event. Gold would no longer be used for refills but to bring the player back to life. The cost of regeneration would be 10 gold bars. However you will not be allowed to revive yourself for at least 10 minutes. Meeting ones demise would be completely random. It may take 1 attack, 5, 10...100. It can't be a set number though, it would need to be random. A roll of the dice basically as to whether a player dies on any given attack. If you choose not to use gold to regenerate then it is a 20 minute wait.

Those players that are active would be rewarded and could potentially have just as good of a chance as those already at the top. Essentially you might still have to buy your way to the top but it might give everyone more of a fighting chance and a more level playing field.

Points would no longer be based on player level versus stats. The points for hitting a player would all be the same. Make it 10 points, 100 points, the number would be constant for everyone. The actual number is pretty much irrelevant to my idea. This would also stop some poor souls from being targeted every battle. If the points are the same then why target one particular individual? You wouldn't unless it's the only person you are strong enough to beat!

Just a thought. Change the dynamics!

Cheers,
Evil M. ;)

Evil Mastermind
01-02-2014, 10:43 AM
With this new model, get rid of the walls and DL. They aren't necessary and add very little to the current dynamic.

IlliniFan1
01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
It sounds like a good idea, but Gree probably wouldn't do it. They make a boatload of money using the current model already. For them to change it, casualties would either have to be very common, or regeneration would have to be more expensive.

Evil Mastermind
01-02-2014, 10:59 AM
It sounds like a good idea, but Gree probably wouldn't do it. They make a boatload of money using the current model already. For them to change it, casualties would either have to be very common, or regeneration would have to be more expensive.

I'm sure casualties would be quite common ;)

Arc Burn
01-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Like the idea, good as usual. Might have to implement a "no deaths in the last 10 minutes" That way (so gree can still make money) gold spenders wouldn't be rendered useless in the last 10 minutes, which is often where the bulk of light to medium spenders choose to spend.

Or, maybe not. That might eliminate the whole "score as few points as you can to win" strategy all together. Either way it would be a refreshing new dynamic.

As a side note I also like the ability to use stamina and energy, though that would likely be more difficult to implement.

Evil Mastermind
01-02-2014, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=Arc Burn;1137513]
Or, maybe not. That might eliminate the whole "score as few points as you can to win" strategy all together. Either way it would be a refreshing new dynamic.QUOTE]

This is just one thing I would like most about it. That's a tired strategy. Might force players to have to try something different.