PDA

View Full Version : Fortification - adjusted idea

SGT Rud
01-02-2014, 08:27 AM
I cant find the specific post by a mod regarding their looking into how to deal with fortifications regarding health and power creep. I wanted to add it here as well.

I will contribute this idea specifically just for the walls, and not the CC as it may take away value from my other idea regarding a faction base instead of a CC.

I would like to point out the idea specifically came from Agent Orange in that thread though.

Perhaps another thing to consider is basing the value of points scored when attacking the wall based on it's strength so hitting a L10 is worth more then a lower level.

It seems to me that the health of certain walls should be adjusted correctly to impact the points attained through attacking players. It does seem as though we get the same points (roughly) whether the wall is up or down. We can discuss that topic here as well if you like, but I would like to track specifically on Agent Orange's idea.

Question - Should the level of wall determine how many points you score off hitting it?

SGT Rud
01-02-2014, 08:37 AM
There are so many different things Id like changed about walls its not even funny.

1.) Instead of seeing active or none or destroyed for your wall during WD. I would rather see a health bar, so I can see what the enemy is doing to my wall.

2.) Have the points calculation work right regarding what you get off a player whether the wall is up or down.

3.) I support the idea above. It seems like a step in the right direction for HLP accounts in upper tier factions who usually have level 15 walls getting more points vs LLP accounts who score bigger points off players due to their low level. NOT A FIX, just a step in the right direction to accomodate the points incurred by HLP accounts.

Big John
01-02-2014, 09:28 AM
They should do away with the DL with the wall as protection.

Kole
01-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Getting more points for hitting a higher level wall defeats the point of having a wall! What's the point of spending all that money and concrete on a defenseless target that guarantees the attacker get good points for hitting it with no repercussion? If they changed that, weak players would just hit walls and not worry about attacking rivals directly. It's a safer bet that would pay more and have zero risk. Also, you have to keep the DL in play because it rewards a faction for having a strong individual instead of a crap load of weaker players capable of putting up a ton of small points from CC's and Walls.

Edit: I am however definitely on board with the fact that the points scored with a wall vs without needs to be addressed pronto. And I'd be down for a health bar on the wall as well!

MaverickINsc
01-02-2014, 10:51 AM
They should do away with the DL with the wall as protection.

Under the current format this is correct......the streak teams defeat the concept if a wall....they don't take the wall down and just get defensive points when they are scouted....if they are a stronger team they don't even have to attack to win......the wall only gibes the other team points....doesn't help the dominant teams at all.....if going for points and not wins it makes.no sense anymore to build walls at a cost of millions just to give points to the other side for hitting it.....gives the faction no points......so why do it?......gree could change the formula but until then no wall slavery for me.

SGT Rud
01-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Getting more points for hitting a higher level wall defeats the point of having a wall! What's the point of spending all that money and concrete on a defenseless target that guarantees the attacker get good points for hitting it with no repercussion? If they changed that, weak players would just hit walls and not worry about attacking rivals directly. It's a safer bet that would pay more and have zero risk. Also, you have to keep the DL in play because it rewards a faction for having a strong individual instead of a crap load of weaker players capable of putting up a ton of small points from CC's and Walls.

Edit: I am however definitely on board with the fact that the points scored with a wall vs without needs to be addressed pronto. And I'd be down for a health bar on the wall as well!
It isnt about getting good points of the wall or great points off the wall. The points values should just depend on the wall size. ie, a level 5 wall gives 80 points per hit, a level 10 pays 90 points per hit....

And if the CC is to remain instead of the idea I have running in the other post, I would prefer to have high points received via a CC hit. Maybe in the 95-100 range, not too much higher, just something a little more than nothing.

Hulk0801
01-02-2014, 11:28 AM
I would like to add that they need to add an option to just click On whatever level wall you want to buy and buy it instead of upgrading from wall to wall.

Kole
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm just wanting a corner piece for my complex fences and barricades... You guys have wants beyond your needs... Lol.

Congressman Robinson
01-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm not a big fan of the varied points based on level of the wall for the same reasons Kole cites above, but I'm completely on board with the other suggestions you have, especially fixing the points given for hitting people with the wall still up.

lemonhaze
01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I would like to add that they need to add an option to just click On whatever level wall you want to buy and buy it instead of upgrading from wall to wall. great ideal would be so much faster and less of a headache