PDA

View Full Version : Getting bored

Sentosa Tan
08-25-2011, 06:59 PM
This is getting bored ...

what's your purpose actually ..

I keep losing pvp .. made to level 24 only have 9xx attack and defence .. I check others have 12xx ..

What should I do ?
I dont want to spend $$$ to buy gold and money ...

madawgg
08-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Lol i can tell u from lvl 35 that it's probably only fun for ppl with aspergers syndrome or coercive behavior disorder to continue playing after lvl 50 or so...coz opponents defense, ur attack, and item expensiveness will just depress u

Sphinx
08-25-2011, 08:48 PM
I only can pick on lvl 30-40 and I'm 45 , I can't fight people of my level because they all spammed defence building in their hood and mostly all have 4k defense (I have 3k attack :() Missions take a lot of energy, goals are so hard to reach (lvl 9 Machine Gun, Expand your hood 7 times, buy 8 assault Riffles (268k money ...), etc..)

Started to lose interest slowly , goals are very repetitive (Champsion Rounds, etc..)

veganzombie
08-25-2011, 10:25 PM
I think if you want to be competitive in these sort of game, you have to follow one of two paths. Either you are with the instant gratification crowd and buy lots of gold or you have to be very patient and build a good defensive/income base.

Yes, someone who spent $100 of dollars and got a few Veyrons will kick your ass all over the place at low level, but I think that this edge will get eroded away as you get to the mid-levels/high-levels. As powerful as a Veyron is, only one mafia member can use it. The Veyron has 90 defence but an Audi has 11 attack, so you can negate the Veyron by having 9 Audis.

The problem is of course, an Audi costs 900K a pop so you will need to have a lot of patient in building up your base income. It's definately an insanely long grind if you want to remind competitive PvP wise in this game. I'm not sure how many people who doesn't spend real money will be that patient but I guess we'll see.

Junglistical
08-26-2011, 03:22 AM
I suppose they have designed the game to eventually force you to spend money.

ttt
08-26-2011, 04:04 AM
yeah, I guess that Funzio must had dozens of meeting just to disscuss on how can they design the game to make players pay money eventually. I deleted my game now, cause I dont want to be sucked in.

Denis
08-26-2011, 06:50 AM
This is getting bored ...

what's your purpose actually ..

I keep losing pvp .. made to level 24 only have 9xx attack and defence .. I check others have 12xx ..

What should I do ?
I dont want to spend $$$ to buy gold and money ...
Hmmm, you have 9xx attack, that most likely means you have way toooo much mafia members, more than 150 i think? Guess you ruined balance by having too much mafia members, as not all of them may have gear or good enough gear to fight against more powerful rivals with same number of mafia members. So my point is: You need to keep balance between amount of mafia members and good gear, otherwise you will fight against huge enemy army while only half of your members having gear at all or with very bad gear.

Sphinx
08-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Denis , what you just said don't make any sense...

The more mafia members you have , the more gears are used, therefor your attack is greater.

Gears are used from the highest attack(when attacking) to the lowest, making it the most effecient possible each time. Same thing for defending ... so I guess you missed the whole concept .. the limit of 5 mafia per level makes it balanced so that people with 1200 mafias at low level can't be overpowered

Denis
08-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Denis , what you just said don't make any sense...

The more mafia members you have , the more gears are used, therefor your attack is greater.

Gears are used from the highest attack(when attacking) to the lowest, making it the most effecient possible each time. Same thing for defending ... so I guess you missed the whole concept .. the limit of 5 mafia per level makes it balanced so that people with 1200 mafias at low level can't be overpowered
Sure, but do you have ENOUGH armor/weapon/cars to give to EACH member? If you have for example 80 armor and 200 weapons and like 150 mafia members (Which is normal amount of gear on 20lvl) That means you of course will be more powerful than guy with 50 mafia members, but you will face rivals with same huge army, not with small ones. So with much bigger army you need more money to buy gear for each member and became even more dependent on gear than person with small army.

That's why i don't see any point in boosting army size to huge sizes on low levels, half of army will be without armor and cars and with some wood sticks until you buy/loot better stuff.

saholz
07-16-2012, 07:37 AM
yeah, I guess that Funzio must had dozens of meeting just to disscuss on how can they design the game to make players pay money eventually. I deleted my game now, cause I dont want to be sucked in.

I did get "sucked in" and have finally had enough. I just decided to delete the game, after getting up to Level 92. It just got too frustrating, and I no longer enjoyed playing. Some of the issues that made me stop...over $2,000,000 for my next expansion and that would likely give me an unusable strip too narrow to build on. The cost of equipment using in-game cash is high, while the ability to generate income is slow and costly. The return on "free" in-game boxes is very low.

My conclusion is that the only way to stay ahead of the competition is to constantly spend real money for gold. While I've spent some money in the past, it has become painfully obvious that this game will cost me hundreds of more dollars if I want to keep up. It has been real fun at times but, too often, the level of frustration far exceeds the personal rewards. For now, I'll stay with Modern War which seems much more player friendly and logical in its algorithms.

So long, Crime City.

mxz
07-16-2012, 08:33 AM
My conclusion is that the only way to stay ahead of the competition is to constantly spend real money for gold. While I've spent some money in the past, it has become painfully obvious that this game will cost me hundreds of more dollars if I want to keep up. It has been real fun at times but, too often, the level of frustration far exceeds the personal rewards. For now, I'll stay with Modern War which seems much more player friendly and logical in its algorithms.
I've bounced between the two at various levels and mafia (both ~140L, 200M); currently CC is winning because it's more of a challenge and once you understand the in-game dynamics it seems more fair than MW. Never spent any money and I'd say I'm doing more than just keeping up, in fact enjoying my mediocrity.

saholz
07-16-2012, 09:17 AM
I've bounced between the two at various levels and mafia (both ~140L, 200M); currently CC is winning because it's more of a challenge and once you understand the in-game dynamics it seems more fair than MW. Never spent any money and I'd say I'm doing more than just keeping up, in fact enjoying my mediocrity.

At level 92, I had a defense score of 18K and an attack score of over 14K. Income was 38K. Still, I was routinely raided by players with both lower attack and defense ratings. Those scores put me in the middle of the pack; certainly far from the top; but it was the best I could do without buying lots of gold. Lately, I had a couple of players who routinely camped at my hood waiting for the high pay-out items to show up. Both players had few, if any, higher income buildings in their hoods, so revenge raids yielded little. I realized that I would have to spend a lot of money to stop the constant raids ... something I wasn't prepared to do. That really took the fun out of it for me.

I did not want to spend most of my free time checking my hood and collecting income before it was stolen. My own conclusion was that the game was becoming more stressful and frustrating than fun, so I decided to just stop playing. Since there is no "pause" feature, my only option was to completely delete the game. No regrets here.

sexkitteh
07-16-2012, 09:19 AM
WOW... a thread with all new people... complaining...

Have you guys read any of the guides? they are very useful. RP weapons and cash items will boost you guys up...

Tomatoneverdie
07-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Stop leveling up and build a good IPH....I'm currently in level 50+ with one NC saving to get the 2nd NC. Once I got 2 x NC at level 2 each, I can buy an Audi every 6 hr. it's a long and painful process but it's rewarding when u collect the income. I'm addition, sign up with Tapjoy to get free gold for crates....btw, I am a free player and I have fun....

mxz
07-16-2012, 09:44 AM
At level 92, I had a defense score of 18K and an attack score of over 14K. Income was 38K. Still, I was routinely raided by players with both lower attack and defense ratings. Those scores put me in the middle of the pack; certainly far from the top; but it was the best I could do without buying lots of gold. Lately, I had a couple of players who routinely camped at my hood waiting for the high pay-out items to show up. Both players had few, if any, higher income buildings in their hoods, so revenge raids yielded little. I realized that I would have to spend a lot of money to stop the constant raids ... something I wasn't prepared to do. That really took the fun out of it for me.
Couple things:
Why are you revenge attacking people with similar stats but low IPH? That's dumb - it just makes your hood easier to go back to (I love when higher IPH players do this).
Did you try dropping some mafia to get out of the hotter waters?

Swifty
07-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Buy gold. Lots of gold.

Bala82
07-16-2012, 10:23 AM
WOW... a thread with all new people... complaining...

Have you guys read any of the guides? they are very useful. RP weapons and cash items will boost you guys up...

People don't want read they want answers without putting it the effort who really has the time read all those complicated and time consuming guides just to play a game on a mobile game.

@OP - Well if you are getting beat up you need look at people who beat you check their inventory. If you keep your mafia low it help since all you have to do build on your low profile and don't rush to get high level. For me i focus hood economics that helped me survive as a free player. There will always be better players but if you can defend against 75% people you are doing well. You can't play this game successfully without a plan. Those player who do fail.:o