PDA

View Full Version : Faction Events

Matthewa
01-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Is Gree doing away with Faction events?

Grizz875
01-02-2014, 07:12 AM
I'm hoping they leaned individual on the last set of events due to the holidays. But could see it continuing to try and curb those super-minis being created...

Thief
01-02-2014, 07:17 AM
First the Question is Flawed:

No they are not. We have WD that is a faction event.
Bosses have both an individual and a faction component.
Raid bosses should be around soon** (in theory)

Now you might be asking if we are going to see any Faction LTQ that requrie energy vs. Indivdual ones. That i don't know? I don't see any reason for them to remove them as they still get people to spend.

warrends
01-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Or he could be asking about by far the most PITA and worthless event ever invented in the history of gaming:

Tournament of Factions.

Please. No.

SpikeyKit
01-02-2014, 07:28 AM
Or he could be asking about by far the most PITA and worthless event ever invented in the history of gaming:

Tournament of Factions.

Please. No.

Fix the prizes and the event has some value.

Matthewa
01-02-2014, 07:31 AM
I was looking forward to FLTQs

warrends
01-02-2014, 07:36 AM

Agreed 100%. Though the constant tapping was irritatingly irritating. They need to fix the war prizes now so that wars have some value as well. 72 hours of playing thru a weekend and my stats went up a whopping ~100K (actually less I think -- we finished inside top 250; accidentally stumbled and fell upwards into the 250, when we were shooting for our standard 350). That is almost worthless.

And that's why we concentrate on faction events --- FLTQs, epic bosses, the upcoming raid bosses, etc. Those are where the money is now, and we complete them all. The time/reward ratio for wars is stupifyingly low now. Which is amazing, as wars used to be the be-all-end-all of MW. Now war ranking is literally nothing but bragging rights. It's almost not worth the time, and we have considered just sitting out to take the weekend off, but won't. Stupid faction leadership!!! Oh wait ... I'm one of them ... dammit!!!

Agent Orange
01-02-2014, 07:37 AM

NO it was a dumb idea. Besides I would just leave all the buildings raided or better still nuke them and that was why it failed the first time.

Thief
01-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Agreed 100%. Though the constant tapping was irritatingly irritating. They need to fix the war prizes now so that wars have some value as well. 72 hours of playing thru a weekend and my stats went up a whopping ~100K (actually less I think -- we finished inside top 250; accidentally stumbled and fell upwards into the 250, when we were shooting for our standard 350). That is almost worthless.

And that's why we concentrate on faction events --- FLTQs, epic bosses, the upcoming raid bosses, etc. Those are where the money is now, and we complete them all. The time/reward ratio for wars is stupifyingly low now. Which is amazing, as wars used to be the be-all-end-all of MW. Now war ranking is literally nothing but bragging rights. It's almost not worth the time, and we have considered just sitting out to take the weekend off, but won't. Stupid faction leadership!!! Oh wait ... I'm one of them ... dammit!!!

WD is different than it use to be. They still offer the best prizes through WD events now but they offer them through streaks and other manners such as that. (or you have to try and compete towards the top 25) Although it is sad to hear that 100k jump in stats is virtually nothing...that just goes to show you how much inflation has really taken over as back in the day before WD events 100k was a solid number for your total stats...let alone a jump in stats.

NO it was a dumb idea. Besides I would just leave all the buildings raided or better still nuke them and that was why it failed the first time.

I think they are refering to FvF events where you have to score Battle points.

Personally i enjoyed the first LTQ where you had to raid certain targets (although it was a little absurd to have to raid 24 hour buildings....)

SpikeyKit
01-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Actually i was refering to the pvp part of the fvf. Helped my faction earn blocks to.
The pvp ltq we had was great. And id like to see another one of those.
But i think the main post is regarding normal fltq's, yet again i hope we have some.

SGT Rud
01-02-2014, 08:51 AM
I loved the first LTQ, but relentlessly searching for the buildings I needed was not easy in some circumstances.

FvF - I loved it, but not every weekend. It was one of the cheaper events. However, the prizes were not what everyone was looking forward to. But, my guess is that if it had better prizes, more people would invest more money into it, and it wouldn't be as cheap of an event as it was. The xp could also have been some of the issue, but I am assuming its mainly the prizes offered.

As for the FLTQs, I enjoyed them. Even as the command and control hub for the faction. Running everything on a full time basis, to keep everyone on track, I really enjoyed them.

PITA4PRES
01-02-2014, 10:48 AM
I am not big on pvp so energy based ltq are more to my liking. However I get that some people really enjoy the pvp aspect of the game. My issue with the first ltq was that there were specific buildings to raid which could be difficult to find. I wouldnt mind an fltq that had a combination of energy and stamina levels as long as it was raid or attack "x" number of times.

Shrinko
01-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I can't stand the PvP and faction PvP tournaments. I hate them and most people in my faction just ignore those events.

The first ltq event where you had to raid a certain number of specific buildings was a nightmare. I'm glad they are not doing those anymore.

Faction ltq events have been very nice with nice rewards. They really energized people and a lot of people participated. I don't really understand why they haven't been doing more of those.

Wars... Matching has been an ongoing problem. I don't really know why it is so hard to create a good matching system where factions with average attack of 2mil would not get matched with faction that have average defense of 5mil or with factions that have 10 members with everyone's defense well above 5-10mil.

xJames
01-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Why are so many people down on events that require some effort and maybe even a bit of strategy? The pvp/fvf events and first LTQ at least made you work a bit for the prizes. A bit of strategy could help you get your stats up more than your rivals for the same or less $. The current LTQs are nothing more than long drawn out purchases of whatever level of prize you can afford. If you are a big spender, these LTQs are a no risk way to better your rivals growth, but for everybody else they are guaranteed to widen the gap between you and those spending more money. Not much gameplay in that really.
(This assumes that people still like to "play" modern war and it isn't just a vehicle to show off your spending power)

Einszwei
01-02-2014, 01:08 PM
The event I look forward to is WD me and my faction don't give 2 sh it's about streaks we usually fail them anyways so just go all out like what WD was really from Brazil to Canada