PDA

View Full Version : How the Raid Boss works

warrends
01-02-2014, 06:47 AM
I saw an awesome post the other day about how the raid boss event works. Haven't been in the forums in a few days and tried looking for it again but cannot find it. As it appears that the event will begin today (maybe??) and it'll be a first for MW but not for those of us who play CC and/or KA, it definitely deserves a "How To" guide. Luckily I copied the whole thing for my faction, so I can now copy it here for all MW players.

===============
There will be two or three missions running concurrently also, e.g. normal and prestige. It will be important that you follow the right sequence of raid boss triggers. For example one mission in normal might be kill 6 level 70 bosses and the other in prestige might be kill 2 level 80 boss.

The next mission in the normal might be kill 7 level 75 bosses and the next prestige might say kill 3 level 70 bosses.

Hope that makes sense, but a spreadsheet with the whole list makes it very helpful. CC is kind enough to give those things to you. MW has never given a list outside of awesome players in top groups providing it for the rest of us.

I am hopeful that will happen again.

Additionally, there will be a minimum damage necessary to get loot drop from each boss. The early bosses you will only want to do a single attack that so that the maximum number of players online can hit and earn the loot. All players in the faction, as stated above, earns any prize for goal, but only those who do the minimum damage earn the loot. The loot gets to be very nice.

Example:

Level 10 boss requires 20 million to beat. You do 5 million damage on 1 free hit and 20 million damage on a power attack. The minimum damage to receive loot might be 250k. You should only do 1 free hit and then allow as many other people as possible to hit the boss until it is beaten. Everyone doing 1 free hit, or at least 250k damage.

Later on the hard bosses it will take everyone you can muster to do power attack to bring down the 200 million plus damage bosses, and the required damage will be out of reach for many of the smaller players but their help is still vital.
===============

Note that someone in the CC forums posted a fantastic walk-through with pictures. It was immediately stickied, and then immediately unstickied. It's now way down in the noise, I don't know where. I don't know what the moderators here are thinking. They don't help us, and the forums are here for the players to therefore take up that slack, and then the mods get in the way and make it difficult even for the playerbase to use the forums for exactly what they should be used for: HELPING.

I hope this post doesn't get deleted. It should be stickied.

Edit:
Found the link to the original post on the CC forums explaining how it works. Pictures and all. This is immensely helpful. Like the stuff that GREE should be telling us ...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?73248-An-illustrated-guide-to-raid-bosses/

Emerald_
01-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the info Warrends. It's been awhile, hope all is well with you.

Thief
01-02-2014, 07:11 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?77361-Possible-Raid-Boss&highlight=Raid+Boss

There is the old Write up I didn't expand upon it as i didn't want to make too many assumptions until it went live.

ploop
01-02-2014, 07:13 AM
There are 3 modes. easy, normal and Elite( for MW prestige)

warrends
01-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Bumping. This is important.

2000y2k
01-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Gree pulled the thread with all the details because the guy the posted info about the event posted screen shots of the beta version and discussed the event such as the attack on the boss did not hit with boosted stats. Main problem now is the event starts Friday and our faction only has one folder from doing missions and they are dropping worse than bricks.

alphakennybody
01-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Thank you warrends.

warrends
01-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Gree pulled the thread with all the details because the guy the posted info about the event posted screen shots of the beta version and discussed the event such as the attack on the boss did not hit with boosted stats. Main problem now is the event starts Friday and our faction only has one folder from doing missions and they are dropping worse than bricks.

No he didn't. It was text only. And not beta info because he isn't privy to any beta info in MW. Yes I know him. He posted what he knew, what I copied above, simply from his experience in CC. It's correct, and I play both CC and KA as well. So I know it's correct. How they will modify it for MW is to be seen.

And as for folders, we may all be screwed. If we have to spend gold for them then the event is busted before it's even started. And that would be a true shame as it's one of the most intense and team-oriented events they have invented. I really hope they don't screw it up.

Oh. And correct. It uses your raw unboosted attack. No bonuses whatsoever, neither faction nor personal. At least that's how it works in CC and KA. Just like regular bosses. No news there.

Vercingetorix
01-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the post. It's been awhile since I have done a raid boss in KA.

lemonhaze
01-02-2014, 10:04 PM
u have to live in fear of being banned for trying help ppl around here..

2000y2k
01-03-2014, 11:15 AM
No he didn't. It was text only. And not beta info because he isn't privy to any beta info in MW. Yes I know him. He posted what he knew, what I copied above, simply from his experience in CC. It's correct, and I play both CC and KA as well. So I know it's correct. How they will modify it for MW is to be seen.

And as for folders, we may all be screwed. If we have to spend gold for them then the event is busted before it's even started. And that would be a true shame as it's one of the most intense and team-oriented events they have invented. I really hope they don't screw it up.

Oh. And correct. It uses your raw unboosted attack. No bonuses whatsoever, neither faction nor personal. At least that's how it works in CC and KA. Just like regular bosses. No news there.

You are right. I just made it up.

Originally Posted by CJ54
It is not okay to share info from the beta. That is something explicitly agreed to when joining the beta program.

We'll have more info on this soon; it is likely to differ somewhat from what was expressed here.

Hupernikomen
01-03-2014, 11:20 AM
There was a guy who had a simple post talking about the beta. It was not me, but all of my posts were deleted as well. The link I provided from the CC thread did have pictures and such but I do not believe they had anything to do with beta.

CJ54
01-03-2014, 11:24 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?79051-Faction-Raid-Boss-FAQ