PDA

View Full Version : a glimpse into to future?...

Mr.Grumpy
01-01-2014, 06:33 AM
this is from the mlb: full deck forum. it looks like monster quest might not be too far behind. is it only a matter of time for MW?

MLB: Full Deck to retire.
D December 20, 2013
FAQ

1. What is happening to MLB: Full Deck?

On January 30, 2014, MLB: Full Deck on iOS and Android will no longer be available for play.

2. Why is MLB: Full Deck being retired?

Unfortunately, we have made the difficult decision to reallocate development resources to other titles – new and existing – to ensure that we continue to deliver the best content and gameplay experiences possible. GREE remains focused on developing new games across a variety of exciting genres, as well as bring new content and updates to our existing titles.

3. Who will this affect?

All players of MLB: Full Deck on iOS and Android will be affected. No other GREE games will be affected by the shutdown of MLB: Full Deck.

4. What can I play now?

GREE offers a variety of other fun and free mobile games, including Modern War, Kingdom Age, Crime City, Knights & Dragons, War of Nations, and Beyond the Dead.

5. What if I have an existing balance of currency in MLB: Full Deck?

Players are encouraged to spend their remaining currency balance in MLB: Full Deck on iOS and Android before the game is taken offline on January 30, 2014. Any remaining currency left in the game on January 30, 2014 will be forfeited.

6. Can I still make in-app purchases?

Players will no longer be able to make in-app purchases in MLB: Full Deck on iOS and Android starting on December 20, 2013.

7. Will I be able to transfer leftover MLB: Full Deck currency to another GREE game?

No. The currency in MLB: Full Deck on iOS and Android is specific to the game and cannot be transferred or converted to any other titles.

Comments (1)
James Nicholls December 23, 2013
Reallocate development resources? You haven't done **** to this game since may. Yet you have thousands of people paying for upgrades and you just turn the game off? Maybe check this games Facebook page because you've managed to puss a great deal of people off not to mention rip them off as well. Condsidering I've put in a fair amount of dollars and time in to this product I want refund seeing how your taking away something I paid money for. I along with many other people will be sure to tell as many people on Facebook Twitter. And apple apps store reviews to avoid any and all GREE products. I imagine it costs next to nothing to run this game. Well played gree you won this round. Thiefs!!!

Roscoe782
01-01-2014, 06:38 AM
Totally can see it happening. Don't need to say much more than that.

Agent Orange
01-01-2014, 09:01 AM
And yet folks pump money into these games, how sad.....

Agent Orange
01-01-2014, 09:03 AM
I think instead of wasting resources coming out with warmed over and regraphiced games built on the same broken engine why not use those resources to concentrate on one or two good WORKING games.

claremons
01-01-2014, 10:32 AM
It's a wonder. How apple's and gree's customer support can differ so much.

whammo
01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Theyve already publicly announced their corporate strategy is to provide far fewer games to the public and they would begin focusing on phasing out many of their games in order to ensure new launch titles are successful.

EXCERPT FROM RECENT GREE COO INTERVIEW:

GamesBeat: If it was a year or two years ago, there would be maybe a dozen games coming out instead. There’s less of that happening now, it seems like.

Dharni: At least from our perspective, we were never very excited about that strategy. We never believed in releasing 20 games a year, or even 12 games a year. At Funzio, I still remember “get acquired, or sell, or raise money.” And when you tried to raise money, the VCs would say, “What, you only want to release four games next year?” Yeah, that’s what we’re going to do. But we’ll make sure every game’s a success.

Mastert55!
01-01-2014, 04:26 PM
I'm going to use that iTunes feedback thing, maybe if enough people use it, that could make a difference?

Ajk
01-01-2014, 04:59 PM
I'm going to use that iTunes feedback thing, maybe if enough people use it, that could make a difference?

I will try it also.

I wonder if they actually charge back to gree though? That would be the ultimate kick in the pants huh?

DTA-HOG
01-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Gree is not shutting this game down. The code is written. Servers and bandwidth aren't that expensive. They are making a killing off us suckers in here.

Edit: I would also like to add that 3 wars ago was the last time I saw individual stats tracked. I was like 25000 and I dropped 2 vaults.

Ajk
01-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Even if they don't shut the game down, its still a dying game. It's only a matter of time. At least you had a glimmer of a chance to win an event without gold before. Now you have zero chance of doing it without spending a couple hundred bucks for a stat increase that will be dwarfed in a week or two. That alone will drive people away.

At least In Mario Bros I got to raise a flag and do a princess... ;)

Esohceekayes
01-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I've been tempted recently to drop a few gold because I've come really, really close to completing some of the LTQ's. The knowledge that I might as well just light that money on fire because it's the same end result has kept me from doing so.

DTA-HOG
01-01-2014, 06:47 PM
If you can't afford to burn $100 bills than you have no reason to spend money on this game. An 8ball of crack costs about $150 and will last you about 6 hours. At least MW stats stick around til the end of the game.