PDA

View Full Version : Recon Ghost Infantry

sirdirty11
01-01-2014, 06:01 AM
Hey y'all-

Did I miss a CJ thread, or did Gree change the Cuba cycle unit from 30%attack (what the screenshots showed us) to 30%Defense w/out announcement? I saw the unit in my bonus and was thoroughly confused.

Bait and switch, or?

sirdirty11
01-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Hey y'all-

Did I miss a CJ thread, or did Gree change the Cuba cycle unit from 30%attack (what the screenshots showed us) to 30%Defense w/out announcement? I saw the unit in my bonus and was thoroughly confused.

Bait and switch, or?

Sooo...

Unit shows 30% infantry defense in my bonus. When you click the unit, it shows 30% attack.

mods, can you please look into this? I don't think the attack is working.

Biff05
01-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Same here. Unit boosted my infantry defense. Waiting for my ticket to get answered.

sirdirty11
01-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Same here. Unit boosted my infantry defense. Waiting for my ticket to get answered.

It's odd that you're the only one to comment. This effects everyone who got the unit!

My ticket is unanswered as well.

CJ54
01-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Hey y'all-

Bait and switch, or?

What? No, not to the best of my knowledge. The team will look into it tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Also, can people who are experiencing this let me know if they are on Droid or iOS? Just want to make sure it isn't platform specific.

Einszwei
01-01-2014, 11:27 PM
What? No, not to the best of my knowledge. The team will look into it tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Also, can people who are experiencing this let me know if they are on Droid or iOS? Just want to make sure it isn't platform specific.

iOS is experiencing this not that it affects me though

#Reaper
01-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Yea, the bonus included a 30% infantry attack, then few days passed, it was changed to 30% defense but god knows if their was a change or bug display issue. I'm not sure if this was a bug but I know I saw 30% attack. Also im on a droid, but I dint bother to ask why or what happened considering im not going for these medals.

Mr. Artois
01-02-2014, 01:53 AM
It's odd that you're the only one to comment. This effects everyone who got the unit!

My ticket is unanswered as well.

Yeh not very many people

sirdirty11
01-02-2014, 05:54 AM

Thanks CJ, appreciate the response.

I am on apple, as are my comrades who are also having the display/bug issue. I did not take before/after screenshots as the units were awarded(thank you!) while I was sleeping. Initial reports were the attack was not raised significantly enough to be the 30% increase, so we are thinking no. Without before and after, I can't be 100% if it's a display or not.

Than you again for pursuing this.

CJ54
01-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Follow-up on this, there is a typo in the data which we are fixing in the next data push. It will be back to +30% infantry attack.

honest Abe
01-02-2014, 02:13 PM
PLEASE leave it as infantry defense. If people want attack, let them get a different unit! The out of whack attack and defense need to be fixed and this would be a good start.

DaBoss!
01-02-2014, 02:29 PM
PLEASE leave it as infantry defense. If people want attack, let them get a different unit! The out of whack attack and defense need to be fixed and this would be a good start.

I believe it was defense that was a lot greater then the attack for most people, so leaving the unit as defense would even widen the gap. Plus they cant leave it as defense cause that would be false advertising.

MajorMofo
01-02-2014, 03:56 PM
I believe it was defense that was a lot greater then the attack for most people, so leaving the unit as defense would even widen the gap. Plus they cant leave it as defense cause that would be false advertising.

It already is false advertising if Gree continues with its decision to award medals for completion of faction goals when "Cycle:Warpath to Cuba" only ever showed up as a goal in the individual tab and never in the faction tab.

There are IMO a handful of fair and equitable solutions to this, 1. Reduce medals by 22, the amount that was to be awarded for the WD event. 2. Reduce medals by 4 (those that were fraudulently awarded for faction goals despite the fact it was not posted as a goal for the cycle event) award appropriate medals (up to 18) for completion of the individual WD goals.

I'd like to hear a reply from CJ regarding this specific issue. I've sent multiple tickets in but have only been told the "engineers are aware and are working on it." From my perspective they either recognize the issue and are electing not to resolve it or don't believe there is a need to make a faction based goal/objective active in the faction tab for completion of this goal.

CJ54
01-02-2014, 04:19 PM
It already is false advertising if Gree continues with its decision to award medals for completion of faction goals when "Cycle:Warpath to Cuba" only ever showed up as a goal in the individual tab and never in the faction tab.

I'm going to have to disagree with your interpretation of that situation. Nothing has ever said that individual goals can't require tokens from group events for full completion, and that would limit potential design space anyway. We aren't doing anything else with the medal requirements/prizes from the Cuba cycle at this point.

Gen CheeBye
01-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with your interpretation of that situation. Nothing has ever said that individual goals can't require tokens from group events for full completion, and that would limit potential design space anyway. We aren't doing anything else with the medal requirements/prizes from the Cuba cycle at this point.

As much as I'd hate to admit, I see nothing wrong there as well. However, not explaining to your customers in a clear and concise manner how they are to obtain those said medals and how the medals are being distributed is deplorable (first time running such medal events).

lemonhaze
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with your interpretation of that situation. Nothing has ever said that individual goals can't require tokens from group events for full completion, and that would limit potential design space anyway. We aren't doing anything else with the medal requirements/prizes from the Cuba cycle at this point. is the medals for chile gonna cost the same as cuba Cj around 30k gold? if so over 95% of us cant even make stats now post war without 1-2 grand and thats just not possible for most of us..thanks for listening

sirdirty11
01-02-2014, 06:59 PM

CJ-

I really appreciate your efforts on this. Thank you to you and the team for making it right.

honest Abe
01-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Apparently it's fixed

MajorMofo
01-02-2014, 08:27 PM

I'm not suggesting that you limit the gameplay, I'm suggesting that every goal prior to this that has involved completion of individual and faction goals was listed as a separate goal in the individual tab and clearly stated that you needed to complete "abc" individual goal and "xyz" faction goal to receive the reward (or wrapper reward). So when I say that medals were awarded fraudulently for completing faction goals, it is because medals were awarded under a false or misleading representation by not following the same precedence you have set, how else would players know the requirements.

While the medals event may be new to Modern War, pairing completion of individual and faction goals together for reward units is not. In fact the boss event immediately preceding the start of WD had a goal with requirements for both individual and faction completions (as individual kill boss 100 times and as faction 5 daily goals)

"A false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury."

MajorMofo
01-02-2014, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=CJ54; We aren't doing anything else with the medal requirements/prizes from the Cuba cycle at this point.[/QUOTE]

I would strongly suggest you reconsider your position.

MajorMofo
01-02-2014, 08:31 PM
We aren't doing anything else with the medal requirements/prizes from the Cuba cycle at this point.

I would strongly suggest you reconsider your position.