PDA

View Full Version : Officers only Declaring Battle

Goldilucks
12-31-2013, 11:47 AM
I feel your guys pain on bringing rats into your faction that cause trouble. YOU are the one responsible for bringing them into the faction, not Gree. My faction believes that the button pushing is somewhat of a mojo to who you are matched against. When my 2 year old pushed the button, we were matched against our easiest teams and scored the highest points. That was 3 times I might add. She is not an officer nor am I.

Gree... Leave the Declare button as is! Most of us support you on this and it sucks that a few big teams hire moles onto their team but it's their own fault. Maybe you should implement some sort of player rating system that officers can rate and remark on each individual. How's that for a cool idea?

Thief
12-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Sorry but i wasn't in the situation but i've wanted to see the change for quite some time.

If your team wants your 2 year old to declare then they can promote you to officer for the duration of the war (By the way being an officer during war you have no actual opportunities to do anything as you can't bring people in during war)

It only makes sense for gree to make this change.

Edit: i also firmly believe that it was only coincidence that you got easy matchups when your 2 year old declared. We have had LLPs declare before and we matched with SUP1.

SGT Rud
12-31-2013, 11:55 AM
I agree with thief and supported this idea for a long time now.

As for the LLP thing, also agree with thief. However, we still declare with the lowest stat guy online. Kinda like the way a NFL guy doesnt change his jock during superbowl. Superstitious.

chinton00
12-31-2013, 11:59 AM
I also would certainly like to see that only officers can declare war. As it is now our officers for the most part do. However in the past, not too recently, but many WD events ago, we had a rogue, declarer. So I think it is a logical, and honest concession to make that change. The argument against is not a good one.

Hellish
12-31-2013, 12:10 PM
I am right there with you guys. Officers only. We use our lowest stat guys as well, but it is easy to promote him to an officer for the war.

Goldilucks
12-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Back to the idea of a rating system... Officers duty after each war is to grade people. In the top factions the higher the grade the higher the dollar signs for Gree. Everyone wants 5 stars. It's a win-win. Also, moles of the past will not be able to get away with doing it again unless they start over. Which of course means... More money for Gree.

Hellish
12-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Back to the idea of a rating system... Officers duty after each war is to grade people. In the top factions the higher the grade the higher the dollar signs for Gree. Everyone wants 5 stars. It's a win-win. Also, moles of the past will not be able to get away with doing it again unless they start over. Which of course means... More money for Gree. Makes sense to me bro!

808BURN
12-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Great Idea, makes sense .... therefore Gree will not institute it unless sued.
Their pattern has been well established. Ride the horse for all the money it can until it dies, then they get off and buy someone else's prize horse... rinse and repeat...

- Burning is Learning

ChangeMW
12-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Come on Gree... Why will you never change anything your paying customers ask you to change? Listen to us!

The Big E
12-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Obviously, you are correct, we did let him in. Hopefully you are not so simple-minded as to think he approached us with "hey, I'd like to totally screw you guys over. Can I come in?". On the other hand, if you are that simple-minded, I have a level 2 character I'd like to get into your faction, can I have the ID please?

In all seriousness though, I think an officer only declare button would only be a first step. The saboteur could still monitor the faction in-game chat for declares and alert other teams. He could still drop allies and give other teams an easy target, etc. My suspicion is that when it happens to sup 1 or 2, Gree will intervene immediately with a fix, and they of course will get their max unit rewards for the event too, just like they were granted two wars ago when they failed to get 56 wins but still got the prizes. Or did you not know about the GSF -Sup 2 battle that ended in a 0-0 tie at start of that war that sup 2 was awarded a W for? The first W on their way to their 56. And sup 1 finished 55 wins, which was close enough for Gree and they got the prize. Very fair to the rest of us. Thanks Gree!

The Big E
12-31-2013, 02:14 PM
I am right there with you guys. Officers only. We use our lowest stat guys as well, but it is easy to promote him to an officer for the war.

Agreed. How hard is that??? Per CJ, "eventually", so must be really hard, huh?

mreilly
12-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Back to the idea of a rating system... Officers duty after each war is to grade people. In the top factions the higher the grade the higher the dollar signs for Gree. Everyone wants 5 stars. It's a win-win. Also, moles of the past will not be able to get away with doing it again unless they start over. Which of course means... More money for Gree.

Or you fix it so just officers can declare. You're idea is stupid and would be to easy to game.. and what good does a rating system do someone who sits in the same faction all the time? Why complicate things when you could add a few lines of code to solve a problem every faction has had.

Your ignorance that this hasn't been an issue for factions at all levels is almost as hilarious as you thinking your 2 year old gets you better match ups. LMAO

Goldilucks
12-31-2013, 03:15 PM
Bro I really feel for ya on this one. I'm sorry you got burned. Maybe they could make it so you can boot someone from war, just not let them join as the reasoning behind this is to not let high powered people jump faction to faction boosting points. This would probably be the simplest solution as far as coding goes.

Goldilucks
12-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Or you fix it so just officers can declare. You're idea is stupid and would be to easy to game.. and what good does a rating system do someone who sits in the same faction all the time? Why complicate things when you could add a few lines of code to solve a problem every faction has had.

Your ignorance that this hasn't been an issue for factions at all levels is almost as hilarious as you thinking your 2 year old gets you better match ups. LMAO

We got 15th place. How did your faction do? I think our button mashing mojo is really cool and adds to the fun of war.

claremons
12-31-2013, 03:29 PM
U dun nid an officer declaring button, nor do u nid rating system. U jus nid to allow the officers to ban a certain person from declaring.

This is assuming that u take it all players r not rogue declarers. Which shld be the case rather than every1 being a rogue.

Goldilucks
12-31-2013, 08:02 PM
U dun nid an officer declaring button, nor do u nid rating system. U jus nid to allow the officers to ban a certain person from declaring.

This is assuming that u take it all players r not rogue declarers. Which shld be the case rather than every1 being a rogue.

It took me twice to figure out what dude is saying but this is yet another great idea.

DTA-HOG
12-31-2013, 08:13 PM
Ahhhhhh... First post off a 2 week ban! Hell Ferr didn't even get banned that long and threatened to sue Gree. I suggest no one ever talk about Gree's "manhood". They don't take too kindly to it. Anyways...

There are some damn good ideas in this thread. It would be nice to see one if them implemented.

Mcdoc
12-31-2013, 08:57 PM
I've supported this idea for a long time as well - it only makes sense.

They already have it to where only an Officer can summon a Team Boss in KA & CC - it shouldn't be so hard to implement in regular WD.

A+ idea mentioned / requested numerous times :)

Robespierre
12-31-2013, 09:49 PM
This will never happen: it improves gameplay without directly increasing revenue with a gold expenditure.

Or wait...make it a faction bonus that costs $1Trillion or the faction leader has to spend 3 vaults of gold for it.

You will not get what you want without paying for it.

http://www.imcitizen.net/wp-content/uploads/bank-run_lightbox-290x290.jpg

Einszwei
12-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Having officers oh declaring wars has perks but this war as a member many of us played key roles in declaring wars seine as we only have 5 odd officers in the us and uk so I was the night shift as a member. If they change it so only officers can declare we are screwed because an officer can't always be on

Mr. Artois
12-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Officers only please, very simple to implement.

I can categorically tell you having the lowest stat player declare has no effect, it's pot luck.

If your a well organised faction it's very easy to avoid the top 3.

Mr. Artois
12-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Having officers oh declaring wars has perks but this war as a member many of us played key roles in declaring wars seine as we only have 5 odd officers in the us and uk so I was the night shift as a member. If they change it so only officers can declare we are screwed because an officer can't always be on

That's upto the leader to ensure he has coverage.

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 10:30 PM

HAHA!! if thats the case im gonna have my lil 2 year puppie start hitting my button....i hate to say mreilly but i totally agree with ur entire post and that doesnt usally happen :p

DTA-HOG
12-31-2013, 10:33 PM
HAHA!! if thats the case im gonna have my lil 2 year puppie start hitting my button....i hate to say mreilly but i totally agree with ur entire post and that doesnt usally happen :p

I hate to be the one to break it to ya bro but a 2 yo dog is no longer a puppy. Unless of course you got a boxer and by law you can call it a puppy til 6.

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 10:38 PM
I hate to be the one to break it to ya bro but a 2 yo dog is no longer a puppy. Unless of course you got a boxer and by law you can call it a puppy til 6. ah no i suppose its a dog then..its a 2yo yorkkie..weird thing about it is his baby teeth in front are still there and right beside his perment ones and still snags my socks with those lil fish hooks

DTA-HOG
12-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Lol. You are SUP so what are you worried about button pushing anyways?

Mr. Artois
12-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Lol. You are SUP so what are you worried about button pushing anyways?

Actually it's splinter cell dressed up as sup.

DTA-HOG
12-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Well regardless I'm sure his stats are untouchable by most. And he has good taste in weed. What more can one want out of life?

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Lol. You are SUP so what are you worried about button pushing anyways? lol we still sometimes get sup1&2 if we dont watch the board like everone else does..it was formally TEF splinter cell but some sup1&2 members have their 2nd acts here building or bring main here and take llp to there..

steelhead
01-01-2014, 03:31 AM
This is my first writing on forum, but i am a long member of the mw community.
I can't start my own thread yet, so i will use this thread for a message.

I was here when gree gave birth to the boss event.
I was here when there were no factions and names like pirate lord and ferr were familiar from crate events.
Was it even possible players could have 800- 1000 prizes from crates? Now i now it was, with the money spend.
My first wd battle was a dissaster, didn't know what to do!

What started as a individual game, where i had to log on once in a while to start a building upgrade, became a very
fun game with the start of factions. You meet people from all over the world.

However, the last days members are dropping like flies out of the game. Selling all their assets and donating to the faction.
Being fed up with the glitches and gree's poor customer approuch. I still enjoy this game very much, but i can't play this game
by myself when no ones left.

Make it enjoyable again gree! Change some things.
Forget about the declare button, start wars automaticly every hour. Now there is need for strategy, maybe not for sup 1,
but for most factions. Should i use up my health, or save it for the next battle? Should i use up my gold now or would i be
needing it for the next battle when we draw a team which is going for a streak? And sup 2 wouldn't be able to avoid sup 1.

As for the ltq. Don't cheat people with drop rates (not to be disrespectfull). Make another level after prestige, something like
a ultra stage, a third level for heavy gold spenders. Give people the choice to do a ltq. Nobody likes it when they already burnt
a vault and need another vault for the final stage. Keep your customers happy.

p.s. don't mind my english, it's not my mother language

steelhead
01-01-2014, 03:46 AM
Btw Loosing the declare button will hugely affect 1-man factions.

SevenO9
01-01-2014, 04:54 AM

I was thinking the same. If only officers can declare and I forget to make myself officer I can't declare with my 1-man faction. And even if I makemyself officer I have to be online 100%. Oh wait ...

Agent Orange
01-01-2014, 05:47 AM

That is an interesting point. However by default you would be leader so it makes sense that it would be Leader and Officers that were able to declare.

The fact that Gree has totally ignored our repeated requests for this fix for months makes no sense whatsoever.

steelhead
01-01-2014, 05:52 AM
Let me finish that sentence. Oh wait.... bye bye streaks!

Agent Orange
01-01-2014, 06:13 AM
Let me finish that sentence. Oh wait.... bye bye streaks!

Why? If by default a Leader can declare then there is no problem. If a leader leaves a faction without assigning a new leader the game automatically gives leadership to the player at the top of the list ergo a faction cannot not have a leader. If that last player leaves the faction the faction is losto the game is set up so that the last player standing has control.

But in any event as long as Leaders and Officers can declare I see no problem.

Agent Orange
01-01-2014, 06:31 AM
FYI CJ posted the following in another thread now closed.

12-31-2013 02:40 PM #147
CJ54
Developer
I'm talking to the devs about eventually making the switch to officers and leaders only declarations.

But in the meantime, this is a thing that can happen due to the fact that anyone can declare war during a WD event.

steelhead
01-01-2014, 06:32 AM
There shouldn't be a declare button at all. All factions should be paired at any hour automaticly. This would force factions to be wideranged in members from different timezones. Small streak factions would have a hard time, unless they would like to be zombies during wd-weekend.

Flying haggis
01-01-2014, 06:55 AM
I'm with changing that declare war button to officers only, a while back we had a player called TALAL who declared war one straight after the other all the way through until the end, we need that crap to STOP

Cre8ivPwr
01-01-2014, 07:08 AM
FYI CJ posted the following in another thread now closed.

12-31-2013 02:40 PM #147
CJ54
Developer
I'm talking to the devs about eventually making the switch to officers and leaders only declarations.

But in the meantime, this is a thing that can happen due to the fact that anyone can declare war during a WD event.

Glad to see CJ looking into it!

Agent Orange
01-01-2014, 09:19 AM
There shouldn't be a declare button at all. All factions should be paired at any hour automaticly. This would force factions to be wideranged in members from different timezones. Small streak factions would have a hard time, unless they would like to be zombies during wd-weekend.

No that's a very bad idea, not everyone is online 24/7 so your faction gets matched up while most or all members are asleep. Or not fully regenerated, such a terrible idea on so many levels.

claremons
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
It took me twice to figure out what dude is saying but this is yet another great idea.

Oops my bad.

steelhead
01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
No that's a very bad idea, not everyone is online 24/7 so your faction gets matched up while most or all members are asleep. Or not fully regenerated, such a terrible idea on so many levels.

Exactly, this game should be fun again. Needs another unknown factor. Let this idea sink. Think about it, it's all about choices you have to make. Will you use up your health or save it for the next battle? Should your faction be all american or all european or eveb better, a mix, so you can cover it 24/7. We all know new players have an advantage, getting more points in wd. But they don't have the boost units old players have. This will some what even the odds. New player gets more points, old player gets more hits. It would give the game another dimension. And sup teams can't avoid eachother anymore.

Agent Orange
01-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Exactly, this game should be fun again. Needs another unknown factor. Let this idea sink. Think about it, it's all about choices you have to make. Will you use up your health or save it for the next battle? Should your faction be all american or all european or eveb better, a mix, so you can cover it 24/7. We all know new players have an advantage, getting more points in wd. But they don't have the boost units old players have. This will some what even the odds. New player gets more points, old player gets more hits. It would give the game another dimension. And sup teams can't avoid eachother anymore.

You realize that all of the factors you just described apply equally to the way WD is now.... With my test factions I planed on how I would attack either full on right from the start then sit back and regen, or do a couple of hits and play dead...

Also as the game was supposed to be designed you are not supposed to keep getting matched with the same factions.

This business with SUP matching is most likely irrelevant to 75% of all factions in WD cosidering we are talking about problems in the top 100-200 factions out of over 4000. If you are getting matched as frequently as some are saying the problem is not with the timing of your declaration but in the matching algorithm itself.

If Gree were dumb enough to impliment such a scheme I would bet most if not all players except maybe you would quit the game.

steelhead
01-01-2014, 11:22 AM
You realize that all of the factors you just described apply equally to the way WD is now.... With my test factions I planed on how I would attack either full on right from the start then sit back and regen, or do a couple of hits and play dead...

Also as the game was supposed to be designed you are not supposed to keep getting matched with the same factions.

This business with SUP matching is most likely irrelevant to 75% of all factions in WD cosidering we are talking about problems in the top 100-200 factions out of over 4000. If you are getting matched as frequently as some are saying the problem is not with the timing of your declaration but in the matching algorithm itself.

If Gree were dumb enough to impliment such a scheme I would bet most if not all players except maybe you would quit the game.

Well..... people are already quitting.

Agent Orange
01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Well..... people are already quitting.

Really! How strange, wonder why...

Cow
01-01-2014, 02:41 PM
We need to get a petition going to get this done...

We haven't had this problem for a long time...but w the latest instance it is time something is done...

lemonhaze
01-01-2014, 03:47 PM
No that's a very bad idea, not everyone is online 24/7 so your faction gets matched up while most or all members are asleep. Or not fully regenerated, such a terrible idea on so many levels. agreed this was be the worst mistake ever if gree ever did that..the pair system is already bad enough,then throw this into the equation and it would be more of a nitemare then it already is

whammo
01-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Petitions dont work. Actions sometimes do.

Farticus
01-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Does it matter who declares? It has been surmised from a few of our senior members that if a low level member declares then you will get an easier matchup. I do not believe this.

Also, I think only officers should be able to declare. Our faction has been victim to someone declaring randomly during wars when no one is ready

DTA-HOG
01-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Does it matter who declares? It has been surmised from a few of our senior members that if a low level member declares then you will get an easier matchup. I do not believe this.

Also, I think only officers should be able to declare. Our faction has been victim to someone declaring randomly during wars when no one is ready

No I don't believe that a lower faction player will draw a lower faction opponent. I do believe lucky people pull easier teams though. It's just like drawing a card out of a deck. Well... A semi stacked deck.

FromAfar
01-01-2014, 08:45 PM
The second part of your post is the issue. As a faction leader, their is nothing you can do to fix the issue. You can not stop the idiots.

And, as this was reported in the first war, and a change request in each since, and agree has done nothing I suspect issues will never see the light of a programmer's day. And this is something that would be a 1 hour fix. And that that's if they include qa in their time. Nothing will change.

Einszwei
01-01-2014, 09:41 PM
No I don't believe that a lower faction player will draw a lower faction opponent. I do believe lucky people pull easier teams though. It's just like drawing a card out of a deck. Well... A semi stacked deck.

well i drew 8 streak/top 50 factions in a row on the last day not sure what the heck it has to with level i waa always the lowest level player on at level 136

Ysae Kaeps ASU
01-02-2014, 04:06 AM
The second part of your post is the issue. As a faction leader, their is nothing you can do to fix the issue. You can not stop the idiots.

And, as this was reported in the first war, and a change request in each since, and agree has done nothing I suspect issues will never see the light of a programmer's day. And this is something that would be a 1 hour fix. And that that's if they include qa in their time. Nothing will change.

Don't worry, the emails will be flying from the one who gave the 'nod'.

I wouldn't be surprised if Summary Justice repaid 'good practice' with 'good practice'.

So, they will make sure it is fixed so Summary Justice cannot be imposed. That would be a very smart move and the best outcome for all.

It's in SUPigs best interests to have it changed, so therefore it will be changed.

Summary Justice is a great game name BTW.