PDA

View Full Version : How to determine if you're fac members are active during WD.

Dan Cai
12-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Hello gree, In WD points determine if someone is active or not. However I really think that you should include next to wins/losses is wall hits/cc hits. As an active player trying to determine if the other faction members are pulling there weight is quite difficult. I'll put up a vote to see I people think this is viable. Any constructive criticism is welcome thanks.

Paisthecoolest
12-31-2013, 10:07 AM
We have several free players on our team who are very active. They can score 40k points. We have some players on our team that hit walls and power attack defensive leaders, but we know who they are. We have a minimum number of points, but it is more about communication during war. If people aren't communicating, then they aren't as active as WE want them to be. I hope this helps

Big John
12-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Knowing who is online would help.

Hellish
12-31-2013, 10:43 AM
It would help to see the fore mentioned and/or for officers or the leader to see the number of logins during the WD events.

I Will Merc You
12-31-2013, 11:16 AM
PM me for participation pointers..

Thief
12-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Personally ive always figured out a way to determine activity:

You cant account for those that do intel, Help to determine Delcaration times, Rally the troops etc.
Not saying that is the perfect solution but we used to have to track donations before gree did it for us.

Personally we need an inventory sorter before this in my opinion but it would be cool to see.

S.P.W.D
12-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Knowing who is online would help.

This would be a great help to find the lurkers who score but don't want to hit the wall etc

Steve

Revenge/Skidz
12-31-2013, 04:26 PM
It would be nice to know who is really hitting walls and who is just reporting that they did

Ysae Kaeps ASU
12-31-2013, 04:29 PM
We already have a Ranking TAB. After a few months it becomes a little superfluous. We already know who is doing what by then.

HOWEVER, if that TAB was designed to show things more current then it would be of great assistance.

The example is this: During war it adds up all the WD and stores it for a very short period after the war has finished. Its then wiped and starts again next war.

It could also be used for other faction events in exactly the same way.

Or give the leader the option to wipe it clean after an event.

It doesn't matter which way you do it, just make it more current. Historical stuff is ancient almost irrelevant history that has little meaning in the longer term.

People used to be concerned about leaving a faction temporarily because they would lose their game $ donations record. That's not the case anymore; so historical records have become far less important than current records.

Maddog11
12-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Use Dockbot it tracks participation

buster67
12-31-2013, 07:27 PM
We use an external chat app to communicate as many other factions do. Within our chosen app is a notice board feature that we use to annotate DL hits etc. We set a points target at the start of each campaign. For some of the smaller guys we award a nominal points total for DL hits etc. We track activity in a number of ways to try and ensure a fair use of resources and to ensure that all members do their bit. We try to keep in mind its just a game and sometimes real life issues get in the way, but we have only had to boot 6 guys for inactivity across the last 3 campaigns.

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 07:50 PM
We use an external chat app to communicate as many other factions do. Within our chosen app is a notice board feature that we use to annotate DL hits etc. We set a points target at the start of each campaign. For some of the smaller guys we award a nominal points total for DL hits etc. We track activity in a number of ways to try and ensure a fair use of resources and to ensure that all members do their bit. We try to keep in mind its just a game and sometimes real life issues get in the way, but we have only had to boot 6 guys for inactivity across the last 3 campaigns. also makeing total wins is a big help instead of total points..it shows whos really active that way..instead of 100k WD just set for example 500 etcetc.... total wins..i highly doubt u will pick up that number of wins on def alone so it shows who wants to be there and who dont

Einszwei
12-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Well I can tell if I was active I got promoted

Mcdoc
12-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Easy fix - count a Wall hit and a CC hit in the Win Column - costs the same amount of gold to bang a wall - why not give the same credit in the Wins column :)

Mr.Grumpy
12-31-2013, 09:07 PM
...if your faction members...

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Easy fix - count a Wall hit and a CC hit in the Win Column - costs the same amount of gold to bang a wall - why not give the same credit in the Wins column :) seems like a easy fix but as things are here nothing is easy in the code written here

DTA-HOG
12-31-2013, 11:15 PM
Easy fix - count a Wall hit and a CC hit in the Win Column - costs the same amount of gold to bang a wall - why not give the same credit in the Wins column :)

That would also count towards getting prizes for units and gree would see less cash. That ain't gonna happen. I bet we see the final goal 2000 kills next war though since It's now apparent that SUP is stopping when all members reach that goal. When I PA and hit wall, I always report back in chat such as Wall x12 It's not mandatory, but I'm the lowest level guy that rarely gets a target so I want the crew to know I'm doing as much as I can to help the cause.

While we are on the subject, I think we should all make an agreement to not use walls as it's just a waste of real money. All the top teams are using level 15s anyways so we might as well just subtract those 20 some hits and let them count towards kills and points.

Farticus
12-31-2013, 11:25 PM
I agree that it would be a helpful tool to be able to track any type of attack that is made...even the losses from an attack (as when scouting).

Mr. Artois
12-31-2013, 11:30 PM
I like the idea but don't see it as a priority. Let's get the basics rights first.

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 11:52 PM
I like the idea but don't see it as a priority. Let's get the basics rights first. totally agree with u there mr, artois so much more things needs to be corrected before this is even thought about..good post

Dan Cai
01-01-2014, 01:32 AM
I agree there is more important things, however this was on my mind and thought it best to air. Good to see some real discussion and not the usual trolling.

alphacharlie
01-01-2014, 03:19 AM
you should include next to wins/losses is wall hits/cc hits.
Yes, I would love to see wall/cc hits too, also number of wars (scored/logged in) if possible.

Mcdoc
01-09-2014, 03:17 AM
That would also count towards getting prizes for units and gree would see less cash.It cost the same cash to refill 4 hits for the wall as it does to refill 4 hits on a player :)

GeoffW
01-09-2014, 04:18 AM
My preference would be a seperate column for wall/cc hits.

In the absence of anything else, any faction worrying about tracking activity at this level is likely to have got to the stage where they realise you need to coordinate WD activity using a chat app. Those that don't appear on chat aren't active or aren't pulling with the team. Simple