PDA

View Full Version : medal rewards

UpOnOne
12-31-2013, 09:47 AM
What do the new medals give you? I got my first one now it says to get three...what did the first one get me? And I'm still at 50/55 from Cuba..any help is appreciated

HGF69
12-31-2013, 09:54 AM
I heard they dropped the Cuba requirements by 14 and extended 3 days.

So I'm still unclear if 50 is enough, and if so what's the prize and given we have 3 extra days where do the Cuba medals come from as the current ones are for Chile, any help?

Sparkle
12-31-2013, 12:35 PM
I heard they dropped the Cuba requirements by 14 and extended 3 days.

So I'm still unclear if 50 is enough, and if so what's the prize and given we have 3 extra days where do the Cuba medals come from as the current ones are for Chile, any help?

Hmph...... I didn't hear anything. The game gets curiouser and curiouser. First butt ugly medals show up where valuable, useful unit prizes should be. I see absolutely no use for the things so I write this on the forum. Only one player responds. He says that they are worth a nice pile of units. So this sounds nice and I assume it's true. Then I see CJ says that we need all of an enormous pile of medals to get an enormous unit. But there's no way to collect so much since I am not rich. I decide to give up. Then a list of various prizes for medals appears and I think it may be worth working for some. Then they are no longer connected to the work that I do. y turned into a faction matter and we are pitted against ridiculous medal - eating giants. The Cuban war ends but nobody said when we will get someone for the medals. Did they automatically get included with the other prizes won by the faction? What am I looking for the inventory to know that y are there? I really don't like this medal business one bit. And I like the lack of clear information even less.

Angronmagne
12-31-2013, 12:46 PM
The basic principal of operant conditioning is simply that the frequency of a behavior will increase if it is rewarded, and that it will decrease if it is punished. For instance, a hungry rat in a Skinner box will at first act in a manner that is natural to a hungry rat; e.g., running around the cage, squeaking, trying to escape, etc. If while it is performing these activities, one response — in this case pressing a lever — leads to the reward of securing food, the rat will gradually learn that pressing the lever leads to the reward of food. The behavior will be repeated and thus learned. The behavior that results in the reward becomes especially important to the rat.

Another principal of operant conditioning is that once a behavior is learned, the frequency of the reward can be reduced. For the behavior to be learned, it may be necessary at first to reinforce every occurrence of the behavior. Once learned, the reinforcements can be provided on an intermittent basis, and over time it is possible to reduce the frequency of rewards and still maintain the behavior. For instance, the number of times the lever has to be pressed to achieve a reward can gradually be increased from each time, to every ten times, to every hundred times, and so on, or the lever may need to be pressed repeatedly for a set period of time to achieve a reward.

Medals = intermittent reinforcement.

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Thats the whole point. you are not suppose to know. That way when you get screwed they can tell you that you didnt as you never really knew in the first place. lol well said and so true