PDA

View Full Version : Dear GREE, the problem and the solution is simple....

FYV
12-31-2013, 08:26 AM
The problem GREE and the medal rewards are trying to address is that with ftlqs and the likes, many players were benefiting from real money spent by just a few players. This has backfired.

At the moment I sense that ALL big, medium-small gold and non gold players feel hard done by: e.g. 7 consecutive WD wins = 1 medal with no unit, and individuals needing to rely on factions to get all medals, medals in lieu of units, are just 3 examples of complete PR disasters IMO.

So GREE needs to rebalance the game. My suggestion is to refocus on player experience regardless of how much or little real money they spend, ie put players first rather than income generation. In other words go back to basics.

Gamers need rewards/instant positive feedback for their habit, that's what gives us our kicks, keeps us hooked and interested. This is where MW more and more frequently is failing to deliver. Either due to bugs, a mish mash of team and individual events prolonged over infinite periods of time, unachievable goals, not giving clear sight and guarantees of how/where/when and what types of prizes will be awarded.

Along with this, one other area GREE need to consider is that since factions were introduced, many players have become "attached" to the game for its social/team aspects. You need to be one or the other (individual or team game), you can't be both and expect to please everyone.

So dear GREE, I appreciate you need to try new things out, as human behaviour is not a precise science. But just read through the forum, take a deep breath and accept you need to start to take a longer term view... and make us happy in 2014.

Good luck everyone.

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 08:37 AM
The destruction of this game is collateral damage due to a corporate strategy put in place.There is no going back.

thundarr
12-31-2013, 08:44 AM
The problem GREE and the medal rewards are trying to address is that with ftlqs and the likes, many players were benefiting from real money spent by just a few players. This has backfired.

At the moment I sense that ALL big, medium-small gold and non gold players feel hard done by: e.g. 7 consecutive WD wins = 1 medal with no unit, and individuals needing to rely on factions to get all medals, medals in lieu of units, are just 3 examples of complete PR disasters IMO.

So GREE needs to rebalance the game. My suggestion is to refocus on player experience regardless of how much or little real money they spend, ie put players first rather than income generation. In other words go back to basics.

Gamers need rewards/instant positive feedback for their habit, that's what gives us our kicks, keeps us hooked and interested. This is where MW more and more frequently is failing to deliver. Either due to bugs, a mish mash of team and individual events prolonged over infinite periods of time, unachievable goals, not giving clear sight and guarantees of how/where/when and what types of prizes will be awarded.

Along with this, one other area GREE need to consider is that since factions were introduced, many players have become "attached" to the game for its social/team aspects. You need to be one or the other (individual or team game), you can't be both and expect to please everyone.

So dear GREE, I appreciate you need to try new things out, as human behaviour is not a precise science. But just read through the forum, take a deep breath and accept you need to start to take a longer term view... and make us happy in 2014.

Good luck everyone.

Very well said. I agree 100%. The medals are a complete disaster. I don't even care/try. The trouble with the escalating stats is that it takes bigger and bigger units to move your stats. Its like an addiction, it takes more and more to get off and eventually you either stop or die. The genie has long since been let out of the bottle and pretty soon a 10/10 million will be an MLP and a 100/100 will be your HLP.

Kefa
12-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Yep, this. I won't spend money on a chance to get a medal which gives me a chance to win a unit. I will spend money on energy that WILL get me a unit.

The crate event is now ridiculous, 4 layer chance. You attack targets for a chance to get a crate, that once per hour you get a chance to open, that if it opens you have a chance to win a medal, that if you get enough medals you have a chance to get a unit.

Hellish
12-31-2013, 09:16 AM
To an extent I agree with your propositions; however, I do enjoy working towards the medals. Yes, it is a long term goal. Mixed with short term goals the medals provide those players that do spend large amounts of money on this game a larger reward. In my opinion Gree could definitely add in more small goals as they have in the past. When it comes down to it, this game needs to please those who free play and those who are willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money. The medals can provide that, but as I stated before there has to be a more immediate reward as well. Personally, I had every medal up to the beginning of the war, and yes, I did complete the individual portion of the WD event. I am a little upset that the faction portion was included for medal earning. I am not in a top 20 faction, nor will I ever be. I want to enjoy my gameplay and not worry about the BS that comes with being set on winning a WD event. Having said that, I feel my ability to get the best medal prize available should not be based on what my faction does, that is what the WD rewards are for, but on my personal ability and my willingness to spend. My 2 cents....

johnny_blayze
12-31-2013, 09:37 AM
To an extent I agree with your propositions; however, I do enjoy working towards the medals. Yes, it is a long term goal. Mixed with short term goals the medals provide those players that do spend large amounts of money on this game a larger reward. In my opinion Gree could definitely add in more small goals as they have in the past. When it comes down to it, this game needs to please those who free play and those who are willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money. The medals can provide that, but as I stated before there has to be a more immediate reward as well. Personally, I had every medal up to the beginning of the war, and yes, I did complete the individual portion of the WD event. I am a little upset that the faction portion was included for medal earning. I am not in a top 20 faction, nor will I ever be. I want to enjoy my gameplay and not worry about the BS that comes with being set on winning a WD event. Having said that, I feel my ability to get the best medal prize available should not be based on what my faction does, that is what the WD rewards are for, but on my personal ability and my willingness to spend. My 2 cents....

Well said. It's stupid the first 52 medals were all individual. Then all of a sudden WD starts and they're tied to faction success. There is a legitimate claim for a refund here. The rules and path for completion were never communicated or even presented. It seems medals were all individual, its a scam like everything else Gree has done with this game.

Vegaman
12-31-2013, 09:57 AM
I am going to set up a PayPal account so you can all transfer your hard earned cash to me. I will give you nothing in return and when you complain i will not reply.

That should satisfy the crazy urge to throw away money.

Hellish
12-31-2013, 10:48 AM
I am going to set up a PayPal account so you can all transfer your hard earned cash to me. I will give you nothing in return and when you complain i will not reply.

That should satisfy the crazy urge to throw away money. Thank you Vegaman! At least then I will know that I should expect nothing in return and no response to any of my attempts to communicate.

Kefa
12-31-2013, 10:50 AM
You've misunderstood.

The problem they've addressed is that people are being awarded refunds via charge-backs through their respective venue (iTunes, Play store...) due to not having received what they believed to be advertised.

The solution attempted is reward medals instead of inventory items and not advertise the specific requirements for receiving any specific inventory items (ie, "Complete all (current campaign) events by (deadline) to receive (unit)", instead of "Complete (specific mission) by (deadline) to receive (specific unit)"). The medals create an ambiguous path to earning rewards with no specific promises, so as long as you got your gold and got some medals, you got what you paid for.

Hellish
12-31-2013, 10:58 AM
You've misunderstood.

The problem they've addressed is that people are being awarded refunds via charge-backs through their respective venue (iTunes, Play store...) due to not having received what they believed to be advertised.

The solution attempted is reward medals instead of inventory items and not advertise the specific requirements for receiving any specific inventory items (ie, "Complete all (current campaign) events by (deadline) to receive (unit)", instead of "Complete (specific mission) by (deadline) to receive (specific unit)"). The medals create an ambiguous path to earning rewards with no specific promises, so as long as you got your gold and got some medals, you got what you paid for. If I get the medals which I earned then I have gotten what was promised. You are correct regarding the advertisement. There never was a clear picture of what items/rewards I would receive. I wish there would have been, but there never was. I spent the money to earn the medals blindly believing that the rewards would be significant. I based this upon a guestiment that was posted on this forum. The guesstiment seemed reasonable and I spent the money for the medals based upon that calculated risk. Gree please advertise exactly what will be earned for every event item gathered etc! Not only would players feel more comfortable with the tasks but in the long run more would spend true money to obtain those items. Win win for both of us.

FYV
12-31-2013, 03:01 PM
As a simple solution, how about simply awarding a unit with each medal, and making it possible for an individual player to collect all medals without needing any assistance from anyone else in their faction. Big gold spenders win, small-medium gold spenders win, non gold spenders win, GREE win. Everyone wins? Wow, that's too simple....