PDA

View Full Version : Talk the talk the walk the walk

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 05:00 AM
It's New Year's Eve and the perfect time to dump this game.

This game is like Humpty Dumpty. This is true capitalism at its worse. The gap getting wider and wider. I may not have a choice in real life but I have a choice in how I spend my spare time. I choose not to be exploited and treated like a peasant in my play time.

Nuked both my bases and moving on.

Happy new year!

warrends
12-31-2013, 05:35 AM
Good for you. I hope your life goes well. I for one am not enjoying the game but greatly enjoy my factionmates. So I will keep playing and remain a Texican until I retire from the game or die, whichever comes first. It's the social aspect that keeps most of us here. The games just absolutely suck. As does the company behind them. But meeting friends from all over the world? That's just cool.

Agent Orange
12-31-2013, 07:26 AM
The thing is, nobody is making you spend money on this game. In fact if you stopped spending but kept playing you would be using up their resources and not yours...........

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 07:53 AM
The thing is, nobody is making you spend money on this game. In fact if you stopped spending but kept playing you would be using up their resources and not yours...........

Not just about money, the stat inflation and the win/win streak thing, both instrumental in the creation of the super mini's. The endless events requiring more and more gold to complete. The imbalance of prizes in favour of LLP's. It's all taken the fun out of the game. The game is broken, has a short life span and I have better things to do with my time then stick around being unhappy.

Mcdoc
12-31-2013, 07:55 AM
It's about constantly chasing a Broken Carrot

Then getting beaten by the stick holding the broken carrot

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 07:54 PM
Good for you. I hope your life goes well. I for one am not enjoying the game but greatly enjoy my factionmates. So I will keep playing and remain a Texican until I retire from the game or die, whichever comes first. It's the social aspect that keeps most of us here. The games just absolutely suck. As does the company behind them. But meeting friends from all over the world? That's just cool.

Ok so I have to reply and it is with regret I do so. I c a lot posts saying the same thing about their so called mates.
Let me b blunt, they are not your friends. I have been gamin for a few years and have women who want to spend the rest of their life with me and have had some deep discussions with men.

It's all bull****! My dad told me a few times when I was growing up, if you have 3 to 4 good friends in this life then you are doing well, excluding the wife who is the most important friend you will ever have. Not one of his friends was an online, virtual friend. The so called friends you make on here are not real, almost always none of them will ever visit your house, get to know your wife and kids. It's a virtual world with virtual friends. Please don't let these virtual friends hold you back. I have 1 good friend at the moment so need a couple more. Not going to find them on virtual game.

My point is that the people you have a laugh with in a chat room are not your real friends, even if they were don't let them hold you back. Most people on here are decent people and there are real decent people who would be lucky to call you a friend. Look a bit closer to home.

MadAtWorld
12-31-2013, 08:18 PM
Not just about money, the stat inflation and the win/win streak thing, both instrumental in the creation of the super mini's. The endless events requiring more and more gold to complete. The imbalance of prizes in favour of LLP's. It's all taken the fun out of the game. The game is broken, has a short life span and I have better things to do with my time then stick around being unhappy.

So many people have said this, that the mini accounts have all the advantages. I have both, so let me clarify. For energy events, my original account has all the advantage. At a higher level and with several energy regen bonuses I can easily run through the maps with only a little gold spent. My little guy has low energy and no regen bonus. He would have to spend an enormous amount to get just the normal mode done. For boss, my higher account struggles. I need to spend a vault or two to finish 100. My little guy can whiz thru and spend only on the last couple. With that comes balance for the faction, since without either the gold usage would be insane to complete both faction events. BUT... last cycle was different. The medal challenge was doable for my higher account but absolutely impossible for my mini. Why? The LTQ that requires all of the unit buildings be maxed. My mini hasn't been around long enough for that and I would have had to gold rush over 20 upgrades. There are a LOT more issues with the medal program but I won't go into them here. Yes, minis have been able to amass stats at a lower level these last few months than before. But with the same amount of money and effort the higher accounts have amassed the same stats over the same period of time.

Where is this tragic? The non gold spenders. But... Those who have enjoyed the game with no gold have always been at a disadvantage. The difference is, they used to just look at people their own level or near it to beat them. Now with gold they see people 100 levels lower beating them. Minis have no unfair advantage over higher accounts. They have the same advantage if both are spending the same amount. It isn't about the size of the dog, it's about the size of his wallet.

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 08:24 PM
So many people have said this, that the mini accounts have all the advantages. I have both, so let me clarify. For energy events, my original account has all the advantage. At a higher level and with several energy regen bonuses I can easily run through the maps with only a little gold spent. My little guy has low energy and no regen bonus. He would have to spend an enormous amount to get just the normal mode done. For boss, my higher account struggles. I need to spend a vault or two to finish 100. My little guy can whiz thru and spend only on the last couple. With that comes balance for the faction, since without either the gold usage would be insane to complete both faction events. BUT... last cycle was different. The medal challenge was doable for my higher account but absolutely impossible for my mini. Why? The LTQ that requires all of the unit buildings be maxed. My mini hasn't been around long enough for that and I would have had to gold rush over 20 upgrades. There are a LOT more issues with the medal program but I won't go into them here. Yes, minis have been able to amass stats at a lower level these last few months than before. But with the same amount of money and effort the higher accounts have amassed the same stats over the same period of time.

Where is this tragic? The non gold spenders. But... Those who have enjoyed the game with no gold have always been at a disadvantage. The difference is, they used to just look at people their own level or near it to beat them. Now with gold they see people 100 levels lower beating them. Minis have no unfair advantage over higher accounts. They have the same advantage if both are spending the same amount. It isn't about the size of the dog, it's about the size of his wallet.

Load of bollox

MadAtWorld
12-31-2013, 08:24 PM

I also greatly enjoy the people I play with. But here is a tip: I played a game with a group of people and we all enjoyed being a team a great deal. When it was time to leave that game... we all moved on together. At this time, we are discussing making the same choice, and selecting a new game to move to. Together. We are a great team, know each other pretty well, have each others "online" back. The enjoying each others company will still be there, and if that's the only reason you're still here... pack your bags and take them with you. Odds are they feel the same way.

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 08:26 PM
I also greatly enjoy the people I play with. But here is a tip: I played a game with a group of people and we all enjoyed being a team a great deal. When it was time to leave that game... we all moved on together. At this time, we are discussing making the same choice, and selecting a new game to move to. Together. We are a great team, know each other pretty well, have each others "online" back. The enjoying each others company will still be there, and if that's the only reason you're still here... pack your bags and take them with you. Odds are they feel the same way.

Good luck crew! Think you are doing the right thing.

MadAtWorld
12-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Load of bollox

Let me guess.. been playing more than 6 months, use little or no gold, get your butt spanked regularly?

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 08:28 PM
Let me guess.. been playing more than 6 months, use little or no gold, get your butt spanked regularly?

12 months, little gold, hold my own, bull**** filter. If you read the post properly you will see the contradictions, hence, load of bollox.

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 08:41 PM
It's about constantly chasing a Broken Carrot

Then getting beaten by the stick holding the broken carrot lol so true

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Like I said, I have nuked both my bases and left the game. I like the forum for a couple of reasons, pretty soon I will be out of here and won't look back. A lot of people can learn a lot from me as I learn from a few of the people here. It makes no odds, all I will say is 1 thing. Anyone who outright disagrees with what I am saying does not have your best interest at heart. People on here talk about a boycott, I am a trade union rep and I call it a strike. I know how hard it is to call a strike, especially when most of you don't really know what a union is, just been brought up to believe it is a commie plot. I'll say 1 thing, you have the power! You just need to know how to wield it.

lemonhaze
12-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Like I said, I have nuked both my bases and left the game. I like the forum for a couple of reasons, pretty soon I will be out of here and won't look back. A lot of people can learn a lot from me as I learn from a few of the people here. It makes no odds, all I will say is 1 thing. Anyone who outright disagrees with what I am saying does not have your best interest at heart. People on here talk about a boycott, I am a trade union rep and I call it a strike. I know how hard it is to call a strike, especially when most of you don't really know what a union is, just been brought up to believe it is a commie plot. I'll say 1 thing, you have the power! You just need to know how to wield it. addcits have no power untill they are sick and tired of being sick and tired..untill they feel that way dont matter if u showed proof of something wrong going on a addict will simply say hmm that dont apply to me,i could never let them do me like that...when in fact the addict just is in denial..1st step is admitting the problem only then can the addict move to step 2 which is the power u are talking about..happy new yr bud

Gatecrasher
12-31-2013, 08:55 PM
addcits have no power untill they are sick and tired of being sick and tired..untill they feel that way dont matter if u showed proof of something wrong going on a addict will simply say hmm that dont apply to me,i could never let them do me like that...when in fact the addict just is in denial..1st step is admitting the problem only then can the addict move to step 2 which is the power u are talking about..happy new yr bud

You too bro.
Learn from me, an ex-addict.

johnny_blayze
01-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Ok so I have to reply and it is with regret I do so. I c a lot posts saying the same thing about their so called mates.
Let me b blunt, they are not your friends. I have been gamin for a few years and have women who want to spend the rest of their life with me and have had some deep discussions with men.

It's all bull****! My dad told me a few times when I was growing up, if you have 3 to 4 good friends in this life then you are doing well, excluding the wife who is the most important friend you will ever have. Not one of his friends was an online, virtual friend. The so called friends you make on here are not real, almost always none of them will ever visit your house, get to know your wife and kids. It's a virtual world with virtual friends. Please don't let these virtual friends hold you back. I have 1 good friend at the moment so need a couple more. Not going to find them on virtual game.

My point is that the people you have a laugh with in a chat room are not your real friends, even if they were don't let them hold you back. Most people on here are decent people and there are real decent people who would be lucky to call you a friend. Look a bit closer to home.

Well said. I keep telling my younger relatives who think they have lots of "good friends", if they end up with a couple good friends by the time they're married with kids if they're lucky. Your father Sir, is a wise man, listen to his wisdom when you can.

I applaud you for escaping the Gree Matrix that many have found themselves in. Congrats!

Agree with you on the game too, they killed it for long time loyal customers and just milking older timers for gold to compete with new/LLPs, its sicking. I made a vow never to give a single penny to Gree and its been 6 months and I haven't, and will continue to never. I spent more (never hurt me financially) way more than new customers that they're giving inflated stats to.

They have been losing long time, loyal customers who spent disproportionately more, for new customers spending a fraction and expect us veterans to pony up. This game is going down the toilet.

Dirty Mind
01-01-2014, 01:11 PM
cool. Dont let the door hit you on the way out