PDA

View Full Version : The Reason the Medals suck for many

SHANESTER
12-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Many players only perform well in certain events. For example the llps on our team hammer the boss event but because of their low level their energy is poor and they dont even participate in ltqs. those players that went for 90 to 100 bosses lost an easy 25-35k in stats or better to those medals. well because they didnt earn many medals in the other events they did poorly on the medal event. so those medals they won had very little value compared to the units they replaced.
Likewise, higher level players that generally hammer the ltqs hard but dont have big money stats for their level perform poorly in the boss event. again limiting their overall performance in the medal event and reducing the overall stat gains from their hard work on the ltqs.
The medals take advantages away from many that can't afford to perform well in all the events. If you made it to 40, 50, 60 medals or better then it was a good trade off. but if you didnt you lost.
If the medals have to stay, they need to accompany the original prize. if your worried about giving out too many stats then dwarf the units givin during the medal event to reflect more of a bonus then a prize replacement for our efforts.
That would be a win win for everybody.

Westusmc
12-30-2013, 09:00 PM
I agree. The whole medal system is a waste of time for all but the top tier players. I buy a couple vaults each month and have a top 1-2% account for my level and I lost more stats during the boss event than I make up with the medals. I got around 30 of them. So it ended up being a net loss for me even spending a little gold on the ILTQ to get a couple levels further.

psuengineer
12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
If they put units with the medals as prizes instead of simply replacing units with medals, I would not have as much of a problem with the medals.