PDA

View Full Version : Please factor in IPH

FYG
12-30-2013, 08:44 AM
With the new rivals list, I'm getting robbed left and right by people with much lower IPH's than myself (5m/IPH currently).

This wasn't a big deal with the old rivals list as there were very few people around my level (106) who were able to rob me, and when it happened it was a once-a-week thing. Now, obviously with the new rivals list there are people that are more than able to rob me and they all have pretty crappy IPH's.

To those of you who say, "just collect on time!" that's nigh impossible with the new LTB's. The past 6 or so have all been 13-hour, 15-hour, 18-hour, whatevers.

If the rivals list could also factor in IPH, that'd be awesome. A lot of us with higher IPH's have been playing CC and working on our hoods for some time now, and due to the direction that CC has recently headed with the absolutely crazy stats on rewards (compared to a year or so ago), there's no point to building up your hood anymore: just find cash cows to rob.

TL;DR - Please factor in IPH when placing the rivals list.

TZora
12-30-2013, 08:48 AM
have u purchased all 12/24/48 hour stock buildings? have you upgraded them all to level 10?
yes? you have a valid argument. no? delete all stupid buildings, you will "never" be able to collect them on time. work on 12/24/48 hour buildings, my 2 cents ..

FYG
12-30-2013, 08:53 AM
have u purchased all 12/24/48 hour stock buildings? have you upgraded them all to level 10?
yes? you have a valid argument. no? delete all stupid buildings, you will "never" be able to collect them on time. work on 12/24/48 hour buildings, my 2 cents ..

T, I've been playing this game for an extremely long time and am well aware of the aspect of keeping only what you can consistently loot. That's beside the point, but I made this post before reading the other threads on here about the direction the game is headed and this is another hit towards older players.

I would have absolutely taken this advice a year before when I hadn't taken the time to fix my stats, or could sell my buildings until I got stronger and then purchase them and build them back again. That is no longer possible with the LTB's.

I like my buildings because it adds character, and the majority of the LTB's are levels 8-10, so no, I will not sell them. The simple fix would be to factor in IPH to the rivals list.

nazgul
12-30-2013, 08:53 AM
I disagree about selling current buildings, especially NCs. You've already paid for them, and most likely haven't even seen a return on investment yet.

Just decide not to care if you get robbed - it's part of the game. And collecting something is better than collecting nothing. My IpH is close to $10M/hour, which is pretty good for my level (I think). I get red on my newsfeed, but I just shrug it off.

TZora
12-30-2013, 09:35 AM
i upgraded last 3 or 4 LTBs to higher levels (8 to 10) and sold them cuz sooner or later i would've done that. not that i'm bothered about being attacked or robbed, just being ridiculed each time a monkey would've robbed it.

i'm happy with my 11 mil iph cuz i can't keep up with the headache of collecting on time. i can be consistent at collecting twice a day, so i'm happy with 12/24/48 hour builds. oh well, you are an oldie, you know the best what to do with ur hood .. i can only wish good luck cuz gree won't. they are prepared for an over-kill and they'll do the best they can to shoo us away .. sad but true!

GucciMane
12-30-2013, 09:36 AM
The "collect on time" camp are just trolls.

Ignore them. I actually had an 150k iph officer of a syn tell me there's no reason why I shouldn't collect NC 4 times per day.

The bigger problem is your ego. You don't like seeing that red notification.

You could alternatively leave some buildings robbed. That's even funnier when the new players see your riches but can never touch them.

TZora
12-30-2013, 09:40 AM

Ignore them. I actually had an 150k iph officer of a syn tell me there's no reason why I shouldn't collect NC 4 times per day.
4 times a day .. interesting :)

FYG
12-30-2013, 09:58 AM

The bigger problem is your ego. You don't like seeing that red notification.

You could alternatively leave some buildings robbed. That's even funnier when the new players see your riches but can never touch them.

Haha, thanks Gucci.

And T, I didn't mean that to come off as abrasive, so my apologies.

A good portion of it isn't necessarily ego: it's trying to save up for the upgrades on the next LTB's so leaving them robbed isn't too-too much of an option (but it is an option nonetheless so that I can get the more consistent buildings).

I don't know. It's just more frustrating because I didn't have to deal with this until recently, but it is what it is I guess :(

Oracle001
12-30-2013, 10:12 AM
It's still funny that people advocate a rivals change and then say the fix is for everyone else to spend 24/7 setting alarms. Why should it be harder for him and easier for the weaker players? And like he said honestly it's impossible to do now with LTBs.

And selling buildings or not collecting them after being robbed.. Sorry but to me that makes about as much sense as telling someone who's worried about arsonists to burn his own house down so they can't get to it.

Touch Down
12-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Opening up the rivals list is a dumb idea. What is the point of levels anymore?

TZora
12-30-2013, 05:07 PM
Haha, thanks Gucci.

And T, I didn't mean that to come off as abrasive, so my apologies.

A good portion of it isn't necessarily ego: it's trying to save up for the upgrades on the next LTB's so leaving them robbed isn't too-too much of an option (but it is an option nonetheless so that I can get the more consistent buildings).

I don't know. It's just more frustrating because I didn't have to deal with this until recently, but it is what it is I guess :(
i didn't take any offense sweetie, not at all .. so nothing to apologize :)
i was a little emotional while i wrote my reply cuz seriously, the game is going in a whole new direction lol

My2cents
12-30-2013, 06:05 PM

Did you call me? Anyway, I still don't have the expanded rival list. I'm not sorry I don't yet though. I dislike being robbed, but its my fault for not collecting. What else should I expect?! Even at my own level or one below people are still stronger and the only time I don't collect at due time is when I sleep. I wouldn't sell my buildings just to spite my rivals. It's all part of the game...so long as I play it.

tom73
12-30-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree iph should be factored. Why let losers with low iph rob good players?

TZora
12-30-2013, 08:07 PM
whatever floats yer boat .. happy new year everyone :)

G I A N T
12-30-2013, 08:41 PM
look its simple your going to get robbed no matter what return the favor and rob the next guy

TooFlyRobbie
12-30-2013, 08:46 PM
I agree iph should be factored. Why let losers with low iph rob good players?

What about similar IPH players with way different stats. Some players have concentrated all the work on IPH and not on statuses. Some players have top10 IPH but they also have top1000 statuses. Doing this would make them be the prime rib. Thats not a solution. Theyll need to come up with a more fun idea of rivals that works for everyone.

Allowing everyone to see every level listed by tiers sounds better. More competition, friendly rivalry, and more people probably quitting because they dont like getting robbed, they want it easier, who cares players come and go. Changes will have to be made at some point and the ones who dont like it should quit if they cant change it. I stopped playing candy crush because it became ****ty. Adapt so you can make the game more enjoyable for you.

Victim search sounds good too, best idea ever. My IPH is about to break the 16m, save the "leech" hate msgs.

Also, I just noticed that my mini has a different Rival List, I can see more levels now but my mains rival list shows players with similar statuses. Whats Gree doing

Edit: Who knows. Make two (or more) types of rival lists and make them real expensive but purchasable with In-Game Cash or gold and let players have it for a limited time as long as they pay for it.

Oracle001
12-30-2013, 10:35 PM
My IPH is about to break the 16m, save the "leech" hate msgs.

Correct me if I am wrong but if your iph is 16mil then chances are you aren't being robbed by the kind of people that are annoying the rest of us lowly natives. How many times do you get robbed by someone with no buildings, or 100k iph etc?

Secondly, with 16mil iph you can get robbed an awful lot and still have plenty to collect in the morning.

Thirdly you're forgetting that rivals list by stats will only still be putting you up against a fairly elite niche of established players. The rest of us, however, are virtually opened up to massive numbers of players who have only recently rocketed up due to stats inflation (and therefore are still likely to have an iph not worth robbing back).

So I'm not surprised you don't understand why the rest of us object

holy
12-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Good idea++

TooFlyRobbie
12-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but if your iph is 16mil then chances are you aren't being robbed by the kind of people that are annoying the rest of us lowly natives. How many times do you get robbed by someone with no buildings, or 100k iph etc?

Secondly, with 16mil iph you can get robbed an awful lot and still have plenty to collect in the morning.

Thirdly you're forgetting that rivals list by stats will only still be putting you up against a fairly elite niche of established players. The rest of us, however, are virtually opened up to massive numbers of players who have only recently rocketed up due to stats inflation (and therefore are still likely to have an iph not worth robbing back).

So I'm not surprised you don't understand why the rest of us object

I get robbed by players with similar statuses (some with higher IPH, some with lower IPH) everyday. I used to get robbed when my IPH was 100k, also when it was 1m, 3m, and guess what, that hasnt changed, i keep getting robbed by players with 0 IPH or 50m Iph because i dont collect on time. Thats the game.

Im not surprised you read what you wanted to read from my post.

Adapt to the game so you can have funy with the new changes. This is a change, theyll probably change it anyways. if you were talking about bugs and buying gold and not getting it, then your point would probably be objective enough depending on what you say.

But Ive had enough player experience to see that this change is pointless. Not because of other players being able to rob players with high IPH, lame. But because statuses no longer matter if this happens for every player. Players want to be able to be strong enough not to get robbed because thats what they play for. However the old rival list was limited to a few levels up and down, ITS A GOOD SIGN THAT THEYRE TRYING TO CHANGE IT to what the game should be about, crime.

GREE has to implement Victim Search option with limitations. Players like competitiveness and friendly rivalry. Everyone would have a change at getting a piece of cake then. Some old players will quit, but the new players will stay, players come and go.

PedroPimples
12-31-2013, 02:20 AM
The rival list was correct the way it was. People in the same level and bracket.
It puts people who have had the same amount of time to play against each other, the fairest way to gauge your progress.

And to whoever it was that asked about levels, this is just the beginning.
All of those high spending players who are sitting at level 250 complain endlessly about the fact they get lower IP in battles. This is opening up the way so that it is more to do with stats than level the amount of points per hit you earn.

IronM@n
12-31-2013, 02:32 AM
Yes, rival list is screwed, but simple answer is just rob back.

If you rob enough, getting robbed really won't matter.

PedroPimples
12-31-2013, 02:44 AM
Depends how high your iph is. 99% of the people who rob me are higher level with useless iph.
I don't have the new rival list, my rival list is lowish level with low iph. There is very few people worth robbing who could give my iph back.

Lars
12-31-2013, 05:57 AM
Yes, rival list is screwed, but simple answer is just rob back.

If you rob enough, getting robbed really won't matter.

How should that work for high iph players? Every robbery leaves a link to your hood, so robbing somebody with a lower income and strong enough to rob back is usually a bad idea. With the new rival list, *everybody* you find can rob you. And as a player with a well-build economy you have a hard time finding a wealthier target. (For example, I see a comparable iph only once every few months ...)

In summary, increasing stats don't give you an advantage anymore and higher iph only makes you a target while drastically reducing the number of worthwhile PvP opportunities for you. Where are the incentives to improve in the game? If Gree would fully remove the influence of stats in PvP and have them succeed just randomly (or always) it would not make a big difference now.

The players who are really rewarded by the new rival list are those with completely empty hood (which I consider much more annoying than any camper). Brilliant!