PDA

View Full Version : Gree y'all need to change direction

Touch Down
12-29-2013, 09:32 PM
I can probably talk for the majority of the community here and say the game is heading in a direction that is not making sense for the players (your customers)

We have prizes in LTQ and SLTQ that are mega stats and each event they are getting bigger and bigger. Also more expensive to obtain and not to mention time consuming.

We now have rivals based on stats not levels. What is the point of levels anymore??

The problem I have seen is more and more players getting frustrated and hanging up their CC boots.
This can't be good for business!
Why not balance the game better and keep more people happy and stay playing.

Y'all need to address the cost of the game and the amount of stats you handing out. The time it takes to do these events and penalising all your users.

Work on the theory more clients paying less will equal more in total than people getting frustrated and quitting.

1005000 players paying $100 is better than 5000 players paying $150

wrestler84
12-29-2013, 09:41 PM
I agree I like playing this game but it is not going in the direction it should. I have gained over 1mil stats since the last war without spending. What's the point in paying if I can gain stats like that in such a short time? I fear this game will not survive through 2014.

The Billionaire
12-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately i think it's too late to turn this game around now.

The stat inflation has really killed the game off and what use to be an enjoyable game where increasing your stats was fun and a little bit challenging has now become boring, time consuming and draining the wallet.

Players who have been around for a long time are hanging up their boots but there's always new players coming through so the cycle will continue until one day Gree decide to abandon the game like they did with Monster Quest.

Senator McCarthy
12-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Gree is treating this game as if this game has inelastic demand. There is no long term vision for the game.

Maybe the CEO and most mid level managers of Gree get bonuses based on yearly profits and are only looking at the short term revenue gain rather than long term and they are just pumping events after events only concerned about what happens this year or next and don't care about what happens several years from now because they will be gone by then.

This has become the corporate model where you give big bonuses for mediocrity and short term success while killing the business (game) in the long run.

GucciMane
12-29-2013, 10:15 PM
I agree I like playing this game but it is not going in the direction it should. I have gained over 1mil stats since the last war without spending. What's the point in paying if I can gain stats like that in such a short time? I fear this game will not survive through 2014.

Just wait until the third fiscal quarter. If I could hold a short position on this companies stock I would not hesitate to do so.

There's no need to even be upset at this company anymore. I voice input I'm the futile hope that someone will actually consider a player's viewpoint. But this is why Rockstar Games continues to draw in new players long after the game release date, yet GREE faces diminishing profits every quarter and alienate their light/moderate gold spender population. The writing is on the wall and has been since the middle of last year.

Touch Down
12-29-2013, 10:37 PM
The best thing about this game is nothing that Gree can replicate or take claim for. The players and the community is what keeps us all here and the game enjoyable still.

How many would be playing if there was no such things as syndicates? 100? 4000? 5?
A fraction of the accounts now anyway.

Time to listen up Gree and look after your customers and put actions into place to keep this game and your jobs going.
At the moment your killing CC slowly instead of growing it.

TZora
12-29-2013, 11:22 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?71863-Another-6-months-at-the-most!

2.5 months gone .. i wonder how long is this game going to survive. note: in that thread, i mentioned: in a few days, i got 100k stat gain. now "that" sounds ridiculous cuz now you can gain millions in a matter of few days lol. consider this game dead cuz that's what gree wishes to do with this title. they'll do funny things that will drive more ppl away to their other titles.

gree doesn't wish to announce, "game over" cuz that will put gree at blame for closing the cc server. they will do funny things that will make "you" quit and many of u will just move to other gree titles. and "that will amaze me" cuz once cc is over, i'd love to stay far away from any greedy title!

$Heisenberg$
12-30-2013, 02:57 AM
I Believe gree is totally happy with there 74% drop netprofit first quarter!

TZora
12-30-2013, 04:03 AM
As I said many times before, GREE doesn't have a single f--king clue how to manage a game long term. It's frankly embarrassing how poorly managed this game is-- they literally don't have the slightest clue what to do to motivate players to spend without shooting a methaphorical hole in the bottom of the boat while they are at it. GREE obviously thinks doubling and tripling (or more) existing mods will do the trick, just don't bother looking at the number of players inspired to quit each week. And on that note, much respect to the FC members who finally hung up the gloves.

In reality, this game is on its last limb, and GREE uses your feedback on this forum to implement changes in their newer games, because they no longer find CC worth fixing. Newer GREE games have skill point resets, for example-- something CC players have been asking for for years. Not that I am saying you should play other GREE games (same s--t, different pile), just pointing out that GREE doesn't care about you or your complaints. They're wringing the last drops out of this game and moving on.

all so true. it is the reason why many miss u on the forum, i do too.

don't understand what sort of idiots plan out all of these events/strategies/prizes for cc, they're just short of ripping apart their golden goose.

this forum is a fine example of how blind a company can go .. we've been giving constant feedback for improving "their effin product" but all they think is "the more events, the better" .. be consistent u donkeys, don't go for the over-kill .. if u get so pushy, all u get is a ..l., ... now have it and enjoy it!

oh well, gree don't wish to improve this product cuz they wish to get done with it. most of their effort is going towards their main titles, especially the newer titles.

once again, don't u guys (customers) have any laws in the US/UK/CAN? all of this ripping based on a model which is banned in many countries, why don't u guys take this matter up? i mean, how much is enough?

yeah gree, go kick me in the booty now for saying all that, i'm heading in for my 6th medal .. obviously, u can't shut me up from speaking the truth :)

TZora
12-30-2013, 04:08 AM
Edit: LOL, just noticed where they moved my quitting topic.
Forum > Forums > Crime City - Facebook and Google+ > Off-Topic > tl;dr: I quit.

Stay classy, CJ. Hiding the problem is almost the same thing as fixing it.

waahahahaha .. mods, is that the best you can do? can't create a new forum and edit permissions so that it is visible only to mods? wow .. someone needs vBulletin modding lessons hehehe

scaredpollo
12-30-2013, 04:09 AM
Sorry but I dont think they will make the game any less expensive (to get the good items and actually be able to complete these events)as long as they have all the people in the top syndicates spents 10s of thousands of dollar each every year. As soon as that stops things will change.

OmgMileyCyrus
12-30-2013, 04:10 AM
all so true. it is the reason why many miss u on the forum, i do too.

don't understand what sort of idiots plan out all of these events/strategies/prizes for cc, they're just short of ripping apart their golden goose.

this forum is a fine example of how blind a company can go .. we've been giving constant feedback for improving "their effin product" but all they think is "the more events, the better" .. be consistent u donkeys, don't go for the over-kill .. if u get so pushy, all u get is a ..l., ... now have it and enjoy it!

oh well, gree don't wish to improve this product cuz they wish to get done with it. most of their effort is going towards their main titles, especially the newer titles.

once again, don't u guys (customers) have any laws in the US/UK/CAN? all of this ripping based on a model which is banned in many countries, why don't u guys take this matter up? i mean, how much is enough?

yeah gree, go kick me in the booty now for saying all that, i'm heading in for my 6th medal .. obviously, u can't shut me up :)

In the USA we have the free market. They can do what they want, (to an extent of course) and we can choose to play or not. By us keep playing and buying gold it's showing them that their current business model works. So I guess it does.

TZora
12-30-2013, 04:20 AM
In the USA we have the free market. They can do what they want, (to an extent of course) and we can choose to play or not. By us keep playing and buying gold it's showing them that their current business model works. So I guess it does.
is it same with gambling? is it same with teenagers gambling? i don't wish to say that word, this game has that element :)

Nighteg
12-30-2013, 04:24 AM
Want something ironic?
A&F last been on this forum Dec 21st.
Aequitas (from the engineers responsible for the ridiculous rival's list) last seen on the forum 2 weeks ago.
No one from gree is even reading these topics.

bravo 6 vk
12-30-2013, 04:25 AM
is it same with gambling? is it same with teenagers gambling? i don't wish to say that word, this game has that element :)
Annnd the official word is Kom--- Ga--- :D
Edit: Oops, why did I say it! lol

TZora
12-30-2013, 04:29 AM
eh .. they do get here often .. to crush the rebellion and ban people left and right .. watch me going on another 5-10 days vacation .. bravo gree! bravo! i'm sure, with that approach, you can definitely change the moods of everyone playing your games and make them spend on pixels :) a big thumbs up for your epic moderation!

bravo 6 vk
12-30-2013, 04:31 AM
bravo gree! bravo!
Is someone calling me? :rolleyes: lol

TZora
12-30-2013, 04:35 AM
Annnd the official word is Kom--- Ga--- :D
Edit: Oops, why did I say it! lol
yea that! i did contact google and asked them what's their stand on kg model. guess what, no reply. which shows that goog tries to sweep it under the carpet as far as possible (and why wudn't they? 90% games are freemium based on the same model in their app store). funny huh? oh well, if many people asked them, they'll have to reply back and they will have to do something about it. all it takes is a few ppl to show a concern.

TZora
12-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Is someone calling me? :rolleyes: lol
lol yea i might do that while i can .. who knows i be gone for a ride outta the town soon .. banned, i mean :)

The_
12-30-2013, 04:45 AM
Life without crime city has been good so far. Don't be afraid to hit the beach once in a while.

Max Power
12-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Every Gree forum has this very same thread started anew every single day. I am not sure why people waste their time with pleas for sanity. It ain't gonna happen.

It is clear with freemium games that there is sort of a natural life cycle, they are like a meteor buring accross the sky. Make what they can while they can, then move on to the next game. Over time consumer demand will shape that process, as a whole generation starts to realize the folly, but in the short term, there are far more productive things to do than trying to get Gree to change their business model.

Fredfreddy
12-30-2013, 07:02 AM
All this said, Gree doesn't really have much competition in this specific genre. I've poked around for other similar games but they just don't exist, or at least have far less of a group strategy element like this one has. Popular games like CoC are fun for a while, but are repetitive and have no real social aspect like this one does, it's more of a big single player game where you can chat with other folks. The Gree suite of games have so many live events where knowing folks in other syndicates is key, it keeps the game fun.

Gree still has 5-6 games (including this one) in the top 50 strategy games in the App Store, so I'd argue that they own the genre. I think a main issue folks might have is that 12-18 months ago when you were playing CC, MW, and KA you could handle it, but now with the event amount explosion and "if you don't play for a few weeks you're obsolete" it's impossible to keep up with all 3 .. I had to drop MW and KA and I'm now happy with the amount of events/balance of gaming with real life.

As for CC specifically, being the oldest game, it has the most bugs, and has the most curmudgeons playing. I also think Gree are more interested in making other similar games but with more stable code (hence the release of like 4 or 5 games like CC this year), as opposed to fixing the games they bought from Funzio, so sadly I agree that CC may not make it through 2014, but I hope it does. If it does go down, I'm curious as to the exit strategy. Just cut the cord and be over? transfer gold to in-game currency of another game? port the whole thing to CC2?

GucciMane
12-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Burn Gree, Burn

I'll be standing on the hillside lighting up a cigar as I watch the whole thing burn down.

I hope rivals list gets rolled out to 100% players.
I hope stats keep inflating and making all your previous purchases irrelevant.

They can't even appease their shareholders who really expects them to appease their players?

A1-1
12-30-2013, 07:27 AM
It's all good

OffensivelyNamedGuy
12-30-2013, 07:55 AM
I think there is a huge market for treating your customers money with respect. It breeds loyalty. Gree have it all wrong.

TZora
12-30-2013, 08:39 AM
It is clear with freemium games that there is sort of a natural life cycle, they are like a meteor buring accross the sky. Make what they can while they can, then move on to the next game. Over time consumer demand will shape that process, as a whole generation starts to realize the folly, but in the short term, there are far more productive things to do than trying to get Gree to change their business model.
you are partially wrong there ... i understand and agree with the life cycle. but hey, ppl were spending 2 years ago, people are spending even now, who knows, how long people would've spend if gree wasn't going for an over-kill .. if gree had treated it's customers nicely, we may have switched over to another gree title and the cycle would've gone forever. if gree doesn't like to continue with this title, be transparent and be ready to put-in a little work. say it out .. talk to your customers frankly and help them move their "virtual assets" over to their better/newer titles. at least do that for your well paying customers .. geez, gree's rolling out new titles, why can't they reach out to their customers and carry them along? i mean, what's this, really .. player x kicked player y in the bum, nice story! that's the attitude this company has towards it's customers .. seriously lmao

GucciMane
12-30-2013, 09:43 AM
^ agreed, Zora.

This game has been around for a while, and stat inflation really only turned up in the past 3-5 months.

Even Mayor Turnball / Heidi weren't THAT ridiculous in high stats. I would still buy 3-crate packs during that time.

I would have continued paying lots of money into this game but there hasn't been a reason for me to since they gave my Top 50 prize to Top 60 syns over the summer and made us get million more IP than we needed. Frauds.

I feel bad for the 90% of gree employees who will get canned when their company files for Chapter 11 in 2015.

Carbide
03-13-2014, 12:05 AM
Want something ironic?
A&F last been on this forum Dec 21st.
Aequitas (from the engineers responsible for the ridiculous rival's list) last seen on the forum 2 weeks ago.
No one from gree is even reading these topics.
They are watching very close! They do want they want for the most part! My pal Vinnie had a ToS violation and was banned from the forum for life! It would be nice if they would make changes a quick as they removed my friend because that was the fastest response from gree he had ever seen!

Laz314
03-13-2014, 12:23 AM
They are watching very close! They do want they want for the most part! My pal Vinnie had a ToS violation and was banned from the forum for life! It would be nice if they would make changes a quick as they removed my friend because that was the fastest response from gree he had ever seen!

Everyone's been banned dude. It's like a right of passage. Stop spending gold and just let this game run its course(burn). You'll be a lot less disappointed when you're playing for free. I haven't played since thanksgiving, and I'm honestly shocked it hasn't imploded yet. WAKE UP PEOPLE. STOP SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON THIS $HIT!!

Dirty Larry
03-13-2014, 12:45 AM
People have also been saying the game is on it's last leg for over a year. Last few battles IP points during war have gone up. Curious on what metrics are being used to say that the game is dying. I am as frustrated as the next guy with the back to back gold grab gree has created, but don't share the opinion that the game is dying. I do find it amusing that complaints here get implemented in other gree games. I am curious on why they don't shut the game down for a week and fix a bunch of the issues.

Sick N Twisted.
03-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Really people you wouldn't tell the pope or any other religious figure how to pray so stop telling GREe how to run their gaming company. Think you can do a better job? Start your own.

Powsauce
03-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Stop playing the game...that easy

Ron burgundy no1
03-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Gree won't change, but you can change your playing style, I was playing with top 100 syns but I've now dropped back to top 1000 and leading a syn and having a lot more fun playing this game then I did before, I am a moderate gold user but wouldn't spend money on ltq's or leaderboard events, only on things that please me like getting that next raid boss prize or winning a battle. Gree get there money and I get my enjoyment from playing the game because that's exactly what it is. So play the game to suit you even if that doesn't mean having the best stats but by gaining achievements with the friends you meet on this game.

Mackie Messer
03-13-2014, 02:35 PM
I no longer have any frustrations with this game. Im ambivalent to whether or not they find a way to make us happy. Mostly I've stopped buying gold and that's made all the difference. Sure my stats are pretty garbage now but stats no longer matter with the new RL and a medium to large syndicate can complete most events gold free.

I remember the most exciting item I ever got was probably also the beginning of stat inflation. It was the first SLTQ and the final prize was Sweet Vengeance a 16k/14k weapon with a nice modifier if I recall. that event actually made me join a top 50 syn just so I could get it. before that all the nice 10k weapons were only for the heavy gold spenders.
I was pretty happy for awhile as bigger and better prizes came out but looking back now I think that was a turning point. Sure they started putting out some interesting events like the raid boss and the SLTQs but they also invalidated any time or money previously invested in the game with high stat weapons that introduced way too much instability.

So yeah, ultimately I've had to adjust my playing style in order continue to enjoying the game. But I no longer feel as upset at how the game was being handled as I once did.

Carbide
03-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Yes, it's just a game that I refuse to spend money on, but at the same time I really try to enjoy it without having to complain! There are glitches and algorithms to deal with, and usually when gree has a big boo boo, they compensate all players for it! Have fun, play hard!

Zendfrim
03-13-2014, 09:45 PM
I Believe gree is totally happy with there 74% drop netprofit first quarter!Burn in hell gree.

By the way sir, your name is fantastic.

Sick N Twisted.
03-14-2014, 05:35 AM
Burn in hell gree.

Not cool guy.

If you have frustrations with the game there are better ways to express yourself than threateneing GREE staff and breaking posting guidelines. Have you tried contacting support with your game issue? Probably not. Just another me first, give me get me I want I need sorts. Sad.

Laz314
03-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Not cool guy.

If you have frustrations with the game there are better ways to express yourself than threateneing GREE staff and breaking posting guidelines. Have you tried contacting support with your game issue? Probably not. Just another me first, give me get me I want I need sorts. Sad.

Gaaaaaaaaaay. Liberal.

hmmm
03-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Gaaaaaaaaaay. Liberal.

Go away troll!

GucciMane
03-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Stop playing the game...that easy

This. You care too much.

So many people on this forum act like a piece of their heart was ripped out every time they don't like / can't afford an event.

They are the same losers who end up spending regardless, and do all sorts of mental gymnastics to convince themselves it was "worth it"

A lot of them are new players. Doe eyed, they've never been screwed by gree before. Once that happens a couple of times you start taking pride in sitting out of events while still enjoying the game in the first place.