PDA

View Full Version : question about matchups

Dirty Mind
12-28-2013, 10:41 PM
my top 150 faction is taking this battle off and going gold free. just battling for the fun of it and it has been great. but we just got paired up against a top 1700 faction that is extremely strong. Our first response is "oh well, better luck next time" but everyone else comes on here to cry when that happens? Are we missing something? Should we be whining that this is not fair or threaten a boycott? Or should everyone else grow up?
I know, there are a few punctuation mistakes in here. Its saturday night, I've been up for nearly 24 hours and I've had a few to drink.

jboffshore
12-28-2013, 11:06 PM
my top 150 faction is taking this battle off and going gold free. just battling for the fun of it and it has been great. but we just got paired up against a top 1700 faction that is extremely strong. Our first response is "oh well, better luck next time" but everyone else comes on here to cry when that happens? Are we missing something? Should we be whining that this is not fair or threaten a boycott? Or should everyone else grow up?
I know, there are a few punctuation mistakes in here. Its saturday night, I've been up for nearly 24 hours and I've had a few to drink.

It depends on who in your faction declares. We have a member that continuously draws ridiculously high factions.

Dirty Mind
12-28-2013, 11:07 PM
It depends on who in your faction declares. We have a member that continuously draws ridiculously high factions.
hahahaaaa. you should boot him

HenryVIII
12-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Well, get this...
Our rank 574
Opponent rank 11

Beautiful matchup. Thanks for the pounding.

Einszwei
12-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Well, get this...
Our rank 574
Opponent rank 11

Beautiful matchup. Thanks for the pounding.

Better that than sup1 ;) unlucky though that sucks balls

Ysae Kaeps ASU
12-28-2013, 11:41 PM
OP, there are probably two things.

1. You are a top 150 faction and decided to go gold free and not worry about the results too much. So your mindset is somewhat different from many others who just want a good fight and are trying. Yours is by choice.

2. Your T150 team was matched with a team in T1500. Thats a good draw for you isn't it?

Compare 'apples' with 'apples'.

**Here's one for you I have been told about.

A relatively new group, 6 players in all that do not expect to win any battle this time and are more than 12,000 points BEHIND T4,000 were matched with a team currently in T250. They don't really care because they don't expect to be competitive with any team, but that's about the best match-up with the new pairing system I have heard. T250 v's <T4,000. LOL

Dirty Mind
12-29-2013, 09:33 AM
we got destroyed by that top 1700. My point is, should I come in here and cry like a *****, or take it like a man? We decide to take it like a man, everyone else takes option 1
The biggest mistage Gree made in this game was implimenting that ridiculous streak goal.

Archer59
12-29-2013, 09:41 AM
There was a thread started yesterday about the match ups. I read a ton of posts and thought it was refreshing to see that not a single player came on accusing the others about "crying"....then I see this thread this morning. Considering the source though, I'm not surprised.

Dirty Mind
12-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Yeah, consider the source. I'm someone who can take a beating like a man, and you obviously are not

Dirty Mind
12-29-2013, 10:12 AM
5255 These were good times, remember this?

Dirty Mind
12-29-2013, 10:14 AM
There was a thread started yesterday about the match ups. I read a ton of posts and thought it was refreshing to see that not a single player came on accusing the others about "crying"....then I see this thread this morning. Considering the source though, I'm not surprised.

These threads have turned a little negative. Let me talk about some things I really really enjoy. I really love it when some schmuck, with his faction info on every post, tries (unsuccessfully) to make you look bad on a forum. Even better, is when you hit the declare war button and get said schmucks faction as an opponent. We didnt need much motivation, but after posting a screenshot of the unsuccessful taunting in the chat room, my entire awesome faction dropped their gold and make sure we put a little shellacking on the poor unsuspecting faction.
The only thing that would have made it better, would be if aforementioned schmuck wasnt such a low lvl. would have been even more fun to unload the gold on him personally. Even better would be to know for sure that they were on a streak. were you?
Anybody else have fun things happen to them?

Had to dig this up from the Netherlands, remember this Archer?

Archer59
12-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Lol. Good stuff.

Archer59
12-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Actually read your post finally....I don't have to try to make you look bad on this forum...you do a good enough job on your own. And if you actually got members of your faction to drop gold....read money....on something as simple as a post, then you really have some issues.

Tristorn
12-29-2013, 09:29 PM
hmmmmm ok then

Dirty Mind
12-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Actually read your post finally....I don't have to try to make you look bad on this forum...you do a good enough job on your own. And if you actually got members of your faction to drop gold....read money....on something as simple as a post, then you really have some issues.

judging by your other posts, this isnt the only one you comment on without reading. Why do you have such a problem with me poking fun at the children crying about matchups? If you dont like it, leave the forum. And please explain how I have issues if others spend gold. Thats a great line, but it makes no sense, please elaborate, unless your full of it and have no idea what your talking about.