PDA

View Full Version : Which chat app does your faction use?

Snibes
12-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Just curious which app is easiest to hook up with your faction mates?

Gatecrasher
12-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I just joined a faction that uses line, I'll be leaving after the war. That damn program wants access to my contact list and god knows what else. I favour the less intrusive option.

Congressman Robinson
12-28-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm in 2 factions... one uses Line and the other uses GroupMe. I much prefer GroupMe although it can be a little glitchy at times.

DaBoss!
12-28-2013, 06:06 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pUGi4StwMec/S4cxt2qqolI/AAAAAAAAADw/vp8eA3dWLvA/s400/Palringo-icon-small.png
I find it easy to use and it only requires your e-mail!!!!!!!

ploop
12-28-2013, 06:33 PM
kakao and used to use palringo.

kakao is bright and has easy to use.

palringo is dark and i don't understand it

Mastert55!
12-28-2013, 06:51 PM
I've used Kakao, Parlingo, GroupMe, and WeChat.
I like GroupMe the best, you can like someones comment and check the exact time too.

But faction chat in MW is the best, and the least chaotic lmao

Dirty Mind
12-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm the opposite. I've used LINE the most, and also used Kakao, Palringo, and GroupMe. Absolutely hate GroupMe. We love LINE and I dont know what Gatecrasher was talking about being intrusive. It asks for a phone number I believe to sign up but nothing is disclosed. Kakao is pretty nice. Palringo was ok.

Ghost-12
12-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Parlingo!! Only email required.
MW chat, as intended to be use for communication.

SGT Rud
12-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Groupme. Only requires email as well, but can also use a phone number. Ability to check message posted times and like messages is important.

Personallly I like the multi-platform. Works on IOS and android, and is web based, so I can stay on game and do intel and groupme via the PC.

Dogmygod
12-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Hi Sgt......Ive been a big fan of yours for sometime now and glad to finally get signed up with the forum and a pleasure to finally meet. Your reputation preceeds you...A good fellow once told me about you:)

Line App is my fav, works wonfdeful on i phone for me. Android I dont know first hand but ive heard it is a sometimes (glitchy)....hate to use that word for obvious reasons but there it is...lol.. Sgt. Ill see you soon and a big high -five to you!
DMG...;)

The Judy
12-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Have used line, group me, kakao and palringo. I prefer everything to palringo. Palringo is non-stop tapping to get the messages loaded - only someone that plays modern war is willing to tap that much.

Dogmygod
12-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Hi Sgt Rud......Ive been a big fan of yours for sometime now, and very glad to finally get signed up with the forum and a pleasure to finally meetyou (maybe most importantly). Your reputation preceeds you...A good fellow once told me about you :)

Line App is my fav, works wonfderful on iphone for me. Android I dont know first hand but ive heard it is sometimes (glitchy)....hate to use that word for obvious reasons but there it is...lol..
Sgt. Ill see you soon and a big high -five to you!

DMG

Revenge/Skidz
12-28-2013, 08:54 PM
I have used line, groupme, and palringo. I hated palringo. Groupme was fine but I had issues with it on my phone. Had to delete and reload multiple times per week. I personally like line. The stickers can be a little much from time to time but I think it is much faster than the others.

Generik79
12-28-2013, 08:57 PM
I've used them all. To me groupme is best, but Palringo has some nice features. I wonder if anyone here has heard of Chatzy? Use that too. It was invented by an 12th century Polynesian warlord. It's awesome.

Einszwei
12-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Palringo and glassboard they both are accessible easily and fast

Mastert55!
12-29-2013, 01:04 AM
GroupMe also has a forum that you can login to on any PC, its good for multi tasking

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
12-29-2013, 01:51 AM
We have started using a conference call line. After dialing in we beep out messages in Morse code. We hired my buddy's grandma to monitor this line throughout the day and transcribe the morse into shorthand. Then the message is communicated via twitter to a call center in Guam which also dabbles in shorthand transcription. Once the message has been recombined, the assistant manager of the call center will then post the message to our faction Palringo group. For an extra $.20 per line they will also post the message into the in-game forum.

It seems to be working great so far. We've only been using it for a month or so. Unfortunately, our efficiency has slightly dropped and we are currently looking into a solution for this involving homing pigeons. Will keep you posted.

Greg76
12-29-2013, 02:57 AM
Lmao nice one

Joe Bloggs
12-29-2013, 04:53 AM
Mate, you're posting the secrets of Gree's customer service. You can get kicked for that.

Cannibalpaul
12-29-2013, 05:03 AM
We have started using a conference call line. After dialing in we beep out messages in Morse code. We hired my buddy's grandma to monitor this line throughout the day and transcribe the morse into shorthand. Then the message is communicated via twitter to a call center in Guam which also dabbles in shorthand transcription. Once the message has been recombined, the assistant manager of the call center will then post the message to our faction Palringo group. For an extra $.20 per line they will also post the message into the in-game forum.

It seems to be working great so far. We've only been using it for a month or so. Unfortunately, our efficiency has slightly dropped and we are currently looking into a solution for this involving homing pigeons. Will keep you posted. homing pigeons. Very interesting. yes that might work.

Jesse21
12-29-2013, 05:24 AM
We use the in game chat. It is nice not to have to leave the game to communicate. It gets messy sometimes but it works. I just wished you could send private messages no one else can see.

Luuzer
01-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Groupme. Only requires email as well, but can also use a phone number. Ability to check message posted times and like messages is important.

Personallly I like the multi-platform. Works on IOS and android, and is web based, so I can stay on game and do intel and groupme via the PC.

groupme requires cell phone number

Thief
01-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Groupme, Kakao, Line, Parlingo, (And yes even Chatzy)

First all of them have positives and negatives.
For most factions i would probably reccomend Groupme. Its simple. Easy to understand (it does have limitations i don't personally like when it comes to intel and lag however)

Parlingo is the other primary one i use. Its not flashy and is rather boring to look at but its quick, can access data easy and doesn't have the issue with character limits) It isn't web based however so it requires a download on your phone or computer (which i personally don't like)

Chatzy is okay but it never really caught on and honestly i would pick groupme over it.

Then Line and finally Kakoa. I would pick line over Kakoa and leave that one for last.

...BORIS
01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
We use the shouting at the screen approach. It is well established and works equally well on all platforms. There aren't any adverts. The feedback is not dependent on connection speed and much of the fun is in the Chinese whispers.

We did try Palringo, but it wanted our souls, so we turned away and went back to old fashioned screen shouting.
I am interested that some of you call it Parlingo, which is what I imagine the French might call it. I like both names and admire the app for that especially.

SEC
01-07-2014, 01:44 PM
I have used them all and by far Palringo is the best option. It is unobtrusive and only requires an email to sign up. All the other ones want your telephone number! That is ridiculous and very invasive in my opinion. Palringo also seems less glitchy than all those Korean based ones like Kakao and Line. It also allows you to easily switch between your phone, tablet, and computer. Kakao for example did not allow you to have one on iPhone and iPad at same time last I checked. Kakao also doesn't even have a native iPad version so it looks strange. I also like the fact that Palringo offers a native OS X and Windows version for free. Anyone who uses Mac OS X and also iOS devices should really check Palringo out. All of them have minor issues and could be improved but Palringo wins by a wide margin in my opinion and I have used them all.

La La594
01-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Group me can be open on multiple device at same time

line has a notes section for info that you dont want to lose and quick access

palringo, some say dark, go to setting and change to white lol

tango is ok

at the end of day they all do same thing, its just down to personal preference

La La594
01-07-2014, 02:02 PM
We use the in game chat. It is nice not to have to leave the game to communicate. It gets messy sometimes but it works. I just wished you could send private messages no one else can see.

you can chat privatly

goto news feed and reply from there, it wont show on there wall, but they see it on there news feed only

SumOfMie
01-07-2014, 05:28 PM
My faction has used Groupme from the very beginning of factions last year. I can use it online on my Desktop or Laptop and be in Modern War on my device. I specifically sought out a Syndicate in Crime City, and a Guild In Kingdom Age that used Groupme. It is an advanced level of communication that make in-game chats seem useless.

Cow
01-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Groupme is what we use. We checked out a couple others and came back to Groupme.

It was laggy. That seems to be corrected with the latest updates, I am running the new IOS on the 5s w either wifi or 4g. Can be running 8+ rooms w Dockbot and no lagging.

We don't use MW chat at all.

1GaDawg85
01-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Only use Palringo

Blade of 3
01-07-2014, 06:26 PM
I've used kakao, parlingo and groupme.

I completely hated parlingo. It was confusing and ugly. Kakao isn't bad, its simple and I like how it shows the time for every post without selecting it. Groupme is probably the best. Its not as easy as kakao but has a lot of nice features and I love how you can use it on a pc.

Big boi
01-07-2014, 06:28 PM
I have used kakao, palringo, and group me, I prefer GM over the others.

PRY
01-07-2014, 06:59 PM

It seems to be working great so far. We've only been using it for a month or so. Unfortunately, our efficiency has slightly dropped and we are currently looking into a solution for this involving homing pigeons. Will keep you posted.

Now that is funny

& The Horse U Rode In On
01-07-2014, 07:01 PM
We are code talkers, but we are getting really really old so.....

Sadee
01-07-2014, 10:14 PM
I've used Groupme and Palingo. I think Palingo is easier to get yourself on. you don't have to give your email to someone thats already in the group. You just have to know the name of the group and do a search.

I have two Palingo groups now. One for Crime City and one for Modern War and I can go back and forth between the two with ease. So I vote Palingo. Oh I forgot one thing that's sort of a negative is if you log on to it on one device you get logged off on another. Groupme keeps you logged on all devices all the time. And btw both can be used on phone, tablet and windows.

Mcdoc
01-07-2014, 11:31 PM
GroupMe is probably the easiest to use - biggest drawback - character limit to 450 - so posting intel on an entire team is a complete pain in the arse. Very easy for Roll Call though as people just "like" the Roll Call post by clicking on a little heart and it adds up for you the number who clicked and also tells you their name. Easy for people to "lurk" and watch but never post.

I truly dislike Palringo - it gets the job done - but I spent 10% of the time I would spend with my faction if they used GroupMe because I truly dislike Palringo - it is crazy hard to find a room - confusing - nasty interface - but - I like the PM mode - and the copy / paste for intel is better than GroupMe so I put up with - just don't look forward to logging into it because it takes over my PC and slows it to a crawl - and because they make it a pain if you actually DO login in with multiple devices. Easy for people to lurk and not post.

My absolute favorite is Chatzy - it is completely Web based - no App to install - by far the most secure as each members has to be invited and you can add / change the password to the room as needed - and ban people when necessary :)

Also with Chatzy - each person can pick a different color for their text - makes it super easy to spot a person in the history - it's a little harder to post pics (about like posting a pic in this forum) - which in the long run makes the room scroll faster with fewer pics anyway.

Besides - I hate it when people are too LAZY to type the intel info and just post battle pics any - those with the task of scribing intel into a sorts list will know why pics for intel suck - take a moment and type ! (Rant over)

Oh yeah - Chatzy shows a list in the upper corner of each person in the room - and can drop them automatically after 30 minutes of idle - so No Lurkers - no Roll Call - you can tell at a glance who is there - PLUS - it announces each person as they login in! Great Feature :)

Kakao is too cartoony for me - not crazy about the interface - just don't care for it - even less than Palringo. Even harder to try and find a room for intel.

If I had my choice - I would promote Chatzy :)
If people would give Chatzy a true try (and IOS users didn't cry because it wasn't a pretty little App to login to) then they might actually prefer the ease and simplicity - especially when posting intel data

italo512
01-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Myself and the officers Use Palringo, to discuss faction strategy, and business!! We use the game chat for events communications . This works out well!!

Snusarne
01-08-2014, 11:07 AM
I have tried Palringo and GroupMe, but I do prefer GroupMe

Mark-1
01-08-2014, 11:41 AM
I have used in game chat, Line, Palringo and GroupMe. GroupMe is by far my favorite. The draw backs of GroupMe are the 450 character limit and format issues with posting of tables for intel. But the easy interface makes up for the draw backs. Line is okay and it's better for larger posts and formatting of intel tables, but the interface is a bit of a pain. Palringo is was the worst of the three I have tried. Interface is more cumbersome than necessary. The in game chat works find but does not give notifications if you want them. That is to big a draw back. You can also not use it across platforms.

lemonhaze
01-08-2014, 11:52 AM
groupme,line,wechat,palingo,kakao and whatapp..the easiest is groupme since nearly all of MW use this one..i also like lineapp and kakao bc they arent no lags on my end and with groupme they are

KSTrooper
01-08-2014, 02:23 PM
We use Pal but my phone seems to shut it down when I start MW.

Generik79
01-08-2014, 05:07 PM
CHATzY rulEZ!!!

:cool:

Systematrix
01-08-2014, 11:01 PM
I'm liking GroupMe now. On your phone/tablet and on PC.

Demo
01-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Our faction just had this debate. We currently use Kakao, but we had a few that have used and preferred GroupMe. I have tried almost all of them (not Chatzy, yet). It appears that many don't know how to use the programs as well as they could, so some don't like them. Take your time, try the program out, and have someone that is experienced with it walk you through the features. Most of the programs offer pretty much the same features. The main reason we have stuck with Kakao is that is it simple, bright and easy to read. I have it installed on my laptop, desktop and phone under the same account. We also like the stupid emoticons in Kakao better. Line and Kakao are almost identical.

xJames
01-12-2014, 07:23 PM
The worst ever was Mumble. I was in a crime city syndicate that used this app. It is a voice chat app (like a party line). Enough of us have significant others who aren't terribly supportive of our game addictions. You can imagine how supportive they would be if you were calling out intel at 3am as they sleep. And the best part was - only people online at that moment could hear what was said of course- so all info was lost immediately after it was spoken. Great idea.

GreenwichKid
01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Yup Groupme for my faction as well, I use Groupme on my laptop makes life way easier, can link to out Google docs easily as well

phopjon
01-27-2014, 07:13 AM
My MW faction uses Line, my CC Syndicates use GroupMe, and my KA Guild use Kakao.

Is there an MW community out there on any chat apps? I would love to join up.

Mw Adam
01-27-2014, 07:35 AM
We are all friends, we text each other. If I have to chat with others on the game, groupme.

ELCAPITONE
01-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Same story as with Dirty Mind. LINE ROCKS!! rsp31767 for the best !@@#$$ Faction in MW.

Besides, Palingo is Pirate/Gree controlled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pee-Wee Herman
01-27-2014, 09:04 AM
My faction uses GroupMe, which is pretty good but can be glitchy. I also have Palringo, which messages faster but does have its flaws.