PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous match ups all through war

Flying haggis
12-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Gree what is your thinking behind matching us with factions twice sometimes three times our strength all through this war, you really need to get your act together what do you think your playing at.
This war has sucked what are you going to do about it ???????

SPWD
12-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Same here buddy,one after the other most targets double or triple our strongest players ,ridiculous,think the lowest dl we have faced was 11 m.

It's been that bad we're not even really bothering anymore

Steve

Tito89
12-28-2013, 08:59 AM
we faced a dl with 25mill def, weakest guy was 13mill, 10x our strength...

SPWD
12-28-2013, 09:10 AM
We usually get some bad match ups but this has been one after the other.
This is how bad it's been,we usually win 40+ battles!WEVE WON 3 so far,well done gree .
With the ridiculous medal crap and the bad matchups and boss screw ups etc etc etc etc etc etc I hope thousands quit,fecking ridiculous!

sbs2716g
12-28-2013, 09:17 AM
we have consecutive 3 match up with "streak team" . these teams have only 9-11 members bu we cant hit anyone at all

SpikeyKit
12-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Getting the same here. Trying everything but to no luck

droffatsto50
12-28-2013, 09:25 AM
We're 9/8 wins/losses and currently facing a pretty strong team, found a weak link though so pounded on him so we should have win 10 soon. Our matches have been pretty good actually, we've had really easy ones and a few difficult ones, but a lot have been close battles. No complaints from me this war, I think its better, just depends who your faction gets.

alphakennybody
12-28-2013, 09:26 AM
I've noticed the closer to a streak we get the higher rank the team we face is, and on the last battle of a streak.the.team is kinda extreme.

Gatecrasher
12-28-2013, 09:59 AM
The problem is the wins and win streak bonuses, total ally messed up the WD event. I got sick of it t.his war so decided to take my alt into war on its own, haven't lost a war yet scoring minimal points. Makes a mockery of much stronger players in teams getting nowhere near my wins and streaks. Prizes are better as well. If you can't beat em, join em.

Rob TRK
12-28-2013, 10:31 AM
We're having a similar bad war. Last two matches are streak teams with def minimums of 9mil. We have a small number who can hit them and gain points. For the rest it's command centre heaven. The problem with these type of match ups is how much those players who can't contribute lose interest. Most of the players in our team are long serving with limited spend (A vault level spend profile).
Personally feel that faction match up should include team numbers in the algorithm, pure stats I'd guess we are similar but when spread between 10 players compared to 42 it doesn't stack as comparative. The teams we are facing also spend gold so just hit to keep the lead.
We can spend more to stand a chance, but all play to our budgets.
War is now less fun than the other events, where planing and team work come out, not just the size of the spend profile.

Farticus
12-28-2013, 10:52 AM
We lost 5 or 6 of our strong players prior to war but the matchups have been ridiculous. a defense leader with 58 mil defense. Who can touch that? and we had our best finish last war at about 620. What did we do to deserve this?

Not sure how this fits into the GREEdy thing as their is no reason to buy if you can't even touch the opposing team.

JCL
12-28-2013, 11:02 AM
We win about 10%. Doesn't matter as ppl have stacked so heavily with sleeper accounts. Level 68, 140 allies... 3 mil defense is common

This game really has become horrible

Bndawgs
12-28-2013, 01:58 PM
we've had mostly crappy matchups as well. for awhile gree didn't want us to get our streak of 1 win. :rolleyes:

Reubengoh
12-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Each time we won two in a row, we get matched with impossible teams. There was one team with defense leader level 83, def 12mil. The rest of the faction had no one above level 100, def more than 2 mils each.... Sure we score some points, but the inflation and LLPs are just getting out of hand.
Buck up gree(d)!

hellhound604
12-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Seriously, I have now stopped spending any gems on MW and KA because of these matchups.... Would consider spending gems again if these matchups starts being fair again, but until such time, sorry Gree, you wont get a single cent from me.

Dirty Mind
12-28-2013, 10:45 PM
get over it. quit if you dont like it.

Einszwei
12-28-2013, 11:36 PM
We lost 5 or 6 of our strong players prior to war but the matchups have been ridiculous. a defense leader with 58 mil defense. Who can touch that? and we had our best finish last war at about 620. What did we do to deserve this?

Not sure how this fits into the GREEdy thing as their is no reason to buy if you can't even touch the opposing team.

I call hacks 58 mickymacirl isn't even that strong (correct me if I'm wrong)

lemonhaze
12-28-2013, 11:42 PM

Not sure how this fits into the GREEdy thing as their is no reason to buy if you can't even touch the opposing team. i'll tell ya what we did wrong..we bought gold and are loyal players so we are made to suffer..just like the scoreing the more u play the worse points u get..same with rank more u play worse points u get as u rank up..and the crazy thing about rank and experience points is it cant be stopped if u trying to get stronger..ive about washed my hands with the game as well..whats the point when we are faceing teams 5x,10 or 15x etcetc our stats..i sure dont have no fun hitting the CC ever war

lemonhaze
12-28-2013, 11:43 PM
we've had mostly crappy matchups as well. for awhile gree didn't want us to get our streak of 1 win. :rolleyes: nice signature Bndawgs..i dont see none of that statement comeing true

Mastert55!
12-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Yeaaa...so far, the past 3 battles we have been hitting elite factions. I think its because we bum rushed into 3rd the first day and that screwed us for the matching system.

slayer091
12-29-2013, 03:25 AM
Yeaaa...so far, the past 3 battles we have been hitting elite factions. I think its because we bum rushed into 3rd the first day and that screwed us for the matching system.

Make it 6 continuous top 10 factions :-D

Dal7691
12-29-2013, 03:40 AM
We are having the same problem keep getting matched against 1 man factions with a defence at least 5 x our strongest players attack no chance of winning and it's every time we need to win for a win streak
What I wanna know is how can 1 man be a faction?? Gree could easily solve this problem by making a minimum amount of players in a faction say 10 minimum and for those that are under 10 they can only be matched against teams with the same number of players and at least 1 member more or less = in stats in each team so a 4 man team with the top player on 10m will get a 4 man team with at least 1 player on 10m. Let's see how many win streaks they manage then Never happen though Gree dont understand the meaning of the word fair

Flying haggis
12-29-2013, 03:59 AM
Have to agree with you there Dal, I can't see things changing this game is really starting to suck.
It's ok if your in the big league getting matched with lower teams,they get all the streaks that way,

ezmunie
12-29-2013, 04:04 AM
Our faction of 45 have been matched with 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, and 11 man factions. We can't touch em. I complained to Gree and got their standard answer. The sum of our defense against the sum of their defense, like it makes it fair with our top defense of just over 2mill and their top of 47million. Random computer output, my butt. I'm at the point now where I'm ready to move on to another game. This isn't fun anymore. We work our tails off just so we can hit the command center for an hour. :(

lemonhaze
12-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Have to agree with you there Dal, I can't see things changing this game is really starting to suck.
It's ok if your in the big league getting matched with lower teams,they get all the streaks that way, this game sucks now..Bravo zulu said it all in his post and it stats the minds of the majority of MW..

lemonhaze
12-29-2013, 04:06 AM
Our faction of 45 have been matched with 2, 4, 7, 9, 10, and 11 man factions. We can't touch em. I complained to Gree and got their standard answer. The sum of our defense against the sum of their defense, like it makes it fair with our top defense of just over 2mill and their top of 47million. Random computer output, my butt. I'm at the point now where I'm ready to move on to another game. This isn't fun anymore. We work our tails off just so we can hit the command center for an hour. :( let me know if u start another game gonna have to look into it..just make sure 1 thing that it is not designed by gree bc we all know what their system is

alexmodernwar
12-29-2013, 06:35 AM
Well we have had 22 matches so far we are a faction of 44 Players, we have met up with 18 factions so far that are streak factions 8-10 players most had stats in the 5-6 million we hit each and every player our DL is 2.7 million most of us are 700k region
Personally have played for 2 years and i am sick of just hitting CC now for us how do we keep getting matched up like this
We have 20 people that will be quitting after the war this is just rubbish

currently ranked 745

SevenO9
12-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Funny, my one man faction is constantly matched with teams of 15 or more and I hate it as well cause there is **** I can do. Although my guy has only 120k and plays gold free. No complaining though, a one man faction is literally a singularity and can't expect good matches. Was more of a fun experiment.

SpikeyKit
12-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Were total points 300k just went up against a team with a total of 700k
Crazy sh*t

RonaldPVincent
12-29-2013, 07:01 AM
You guys would all have a much better time during these things if YOU change how you manage them instead of waiting for gree to change. Split your groups up into mini factions before war and go back home after. Simple fix

RonaldPVincent
12-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Gree tells you what they base matchups off of.
1. Total group attack (this is where most of you are being porked)
2. Event rank
3. Number of battles for group as a whole

Of course gree is going to jab a couple of times per war amd hanging out in top 500 is kinda asking for it but there are strategies you can employ to help yourself

Dirty Mind
12-29-2013, 09:31 AM
do you guys want me to hold your purse for you?

JCL
12-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Making a quick jump to top will def do it. That's what happened with the new faction I just joined 2 wars ago. They scream to the top 50, and then stay there first day or so. End result? 2 wins and somewhere around 60 losses. We stayed top 150 last day but got dropped to 164th in last 2 minutes.

The more successful your faction in jumping, the more you'll see this. When I was in top 400 faction we saw this about 1 in 10. Now it's the other way around 9 out of 10 are super stacked. We just wait for an "old school" faction and then load up points. So for our 56 person faction, 8 out of 10 spend about 80% of their time as either cannon fodder (PA on DL, or wall hitters) and then just hit command centers. It's stupid but the way the game is staecked there's no other way around it.

Interesting thing is on Xbox Live magazine Jan 2014 issue they talk about this phenomenon of pay to not grind games, and how a couple small studios are trying to break out of this gameplay. Let's hope they make a mobile game that finally ends this here.

Other nice thing for me: going home for Christmas I grabbed my xbox 360 and Ghosts. My mw time will drop substantially from this point forward as I play a game that actually rewards for skill.

Blade of 3
12-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Our top 75 team gets 4 match up in a row where 90% of our team cannot attack anyone. One is top 10, one sup2 and one is a streak team with sup stats. We can't even compete half the day.

Dirty Mind
12-29-2013, 04:11 PM
hey JCL I have 2 questions for you. 1: is your in game name JLC? and 2: what rewards do you get from playing xbox? I get rewards for going to work, its called a paycheck, but I've never benefited from playing video games.

Einszwei
12-29-2013, 06:04 PM
hey JCL I have 2 questions for you. 1: is your in game name JLC? and 2: what rewards do you get from playing xbox? I get rewards for going to work, its called a paycheck, but I've never benefited from playing video games.

I earn about 100 bucks a day playing COD ghosts on YouTube

iZheil9152
12-29-2013, 06:08 PM
I just got matched up with VFF legends. Kill me now

Mastert55!
12-29-2013, 06:57 PM
do you guys want me to hold your purse for you?

Can I overnight mail it to you? You can use some of the money in there for shipping it back. Perfect timing for our factions push on the last 12 hrs. ;)

JCL
12-29-2013, 10:10 PM
No, JCL here and JCL in the game. Einszwei has partially answered your question #2. There are several games out there, one completely copied by this games name if you were to add FARE to Modern War. You can make money several ways gaming, however these are games that, unlike this one, have perks, buildouts, and benefits for veteran and skilled players. Heck, even when you voluntarily start over (another copied name, "Prestige"), you get an in game icon so people know how many times you've started over (multiple levels of prestiging).

Back on point, got skill? Kill streaks, added perks, and other benefits make you more successful, unlike here where the veterans get literally shorted (if you're level 100+ in MW you'll know what I'm talking about). Get up to a point and you can do tournaments which pay out tens of thousands. Not that good? Go to a NET website for Games Battles (I've given you enough to find it), and you can play for smaller amounts at local levels. These sites go so far as to make the playing field level you switch out who is host (evening host advantage), and switching through maps randomly (set up by tourney).

Now, do you maybe still not have the skill but have a personality? If your trigger finger has great slow TWITCH muscles people might want to watch on TV (again, giving enough clues here) albeit TV on the Internet, then there's a website there. You can make good money there. Youtube also has streaming live and playback which creates revenue streams for dozens if not hundreds of gamers. Then, newer games (and now consoles) will even stream straight from your console. Don't have those or want to drop $2k on top end PC to stream? El Gato capture is about $180 on popular electronics sites (or $160 if you know where to find things NEW that aren't EGGs)

I earn about 100 bucks a day playing COD ghosts on YouTube

On the twitch site you aren't allowed to state how much you make, but I know a few doing well. The watershed is around 40+ constant viewers when you can get start getting paying subscribers to your feed.

Dumbwelder
12-29-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm around 650k highest guy in my fraction is just above a million the last war we played the Dl on the other team had 31 million defence there's no way the total of our fraction is even close to that. It's been like this the hole war I use to like playing this game but this sucks.

808BURN
12-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Hmm,
Plans should work but remember we are playing Gree's game and they have a pretty good propensity to mess things up. (on purpose or due to ineptitude ??? never know)

We did the opposite of what should have worked and due to Gree's standard operating practices it worked.

My recommendation- sit down with your smartest guys... come up with a "brilliant plan", something based on logic and sound tactics..... then do the opposite....... It's a Gree game....... trust me it will work LOL

Best of luck to all :)

-Burn

KERMIT.uk
12-30-2013, 02:51 AM
Something has gone wrong in the way matches are being made and gree employees are probably still on holiday so no one is there to reset it.

Cos if that is not the answer then they've just ruined faction wars.

Worst world domination event ever

We purposely dropped out of top 250 for easier match ups and have now lost 20 battles. So much for being a strategy game.

droffatsto50
12-30-2013, 03:45 AM
About 200th and got matched with Little Bravo. War battles started out great, past day they have been really, really bad....

Dansgek
12-30-2013, 04:30 AM
When you face a one man faction with more than 40 ppl.
Just lay low and unleash all in the last minute at the command centre. With 40 ppl you can score:
40 x 4 = 160 times 80 = 12.800 points (and that's without using gold).

Vegaman
12-30-2013, 04:46 AM
Funny how "Everytime" my old faction is on the last battle of a streak, up pops an impossible opponent who needs lots of gold refills to beat. Coincidence or cunning programming.... Hmmmmm ! Must be coincidence as i don't think they have any clever cunning programmers.... Dam thats that theory shot down.

Big John
12-30-2013, 08:00 AM
Meeting streak factions all day.

Commander Wang
12-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Same here... Our faction has been hanging around top 500. Our strongest member - 7 mil a/d. Yet, last night we got matched up against "Farewell." With respect to Scrooge McDuck and "Farewell"... How did we pull that matchup Gree???

Thief
12-30-2013, 09:30 AM
When you face a one man faction with more than 40 ppl.
Just lay low and unleash all in the last minute at the command centre. With 40 ppl you can score:
40 x 4 = 160 times 80 = 12.800 points (and that's without using gold).

I keep telling everyone this....If you have 3-4X as many people in your faction online as your opponent then you can win simply by hitting the command center.

You get 80 points for hitting the Command Center. Thats 240-300 points for everytime they hit one of you guys 3-4 of you hit the command center.

Also helps if you play on Ipad instead of Iphone as you get less lag and can rack up points quicker.

ELCAPITONE
12-30-2013, 10:05 AM
And They wonder why people are quitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob TRK
12-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Thief, absolutely. One man factions aren't a massive problem. Coordinated CC hits can do the damage. 10-12 man beast factions are....
We are a solid 150ish faction, varying depending who we get in the last couple of wars in each campaign. This campaign we have faced beast factions that I've not seen before. We simply can't hit them even with PA hits. Hey are spending Gold like it's going out of fashion... So far nearly half a mil in 45 minutes. Only time we've had that was facing the buckwheat connection last war. We've put up 2.5k in comparison. Absolute waste of money even having a go.

We've also drawn factions who can't cause us damage this war and they must be feeling sore in return.

So for this campaign it is what it is... But currently the match ups are too extreme. Everyone wants a CHANCE of a win, the ability to compete. Those wars are the ones we all enjoy the most, where it's close, the team work together to win or lose.

Good luck to those guys who changed their approach and 'won' prizes....

Mr Sunshine
12-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Well said Rob, the close battles are the most fun and really bond the team and have kept us all in the game spending $ and time. I did the streak faction thing w my mini this war just to see what it was like and got the 50 wins without too much effort but I have to say it lacked the thrill of fighting w the large group. Very frustrating for the morale of the faction to have only 1 or 2 of us that can hit targets. We've had this before w high ranking matchups but not quite this number. Majority of prime time Saturday was impossible matchups. When we finally get a decent matchup the guys have left for other more enjoyable activities. We've been on the other side as well w really weak opponents but quite frankly that's not terribly fun either, like beating up on a puppy. Sry, had to vent : ) I like the game, just hate to see this death spiral.

Thief
12-30-2013, 11:06 AM
I'll go ahead and put my 2 cents in as i can see it from many different sides:

First Gree will never be able to fix the matchup systems to where everyone is happy. It won't happen.

Looking from the Top Down Sup needs to match with someone..No one wants to match them as they have very rarely been beat (and only by 2 other teams)

So the top 25 teams typically get matched the most with the top 3. It sucks but its the truth and when you pull them you do exactly what others described...use your free hits on the Command Center and wait until you can match again.

The biggest issue is there are only so many teams at the top so they keep running into each other. That means those that aren't in the top 3 have very little chance of getting 50 wins or streaks. This war due the the matchmaking changes it has helped to improve that chance. Not only did the matchup times seem shorter but the different opponents that were encountered ranged (so you didn't see every top 25 team 2-3 times) This was a positive thing for those at the top.

On the other hand the smaller teams are now being matched with larger teams (as the windows have increased) So now the top 25 see down to top 100 and i would assume that top 100 teams see down to top 250.

They can keep it the way it is and it makes it more frustrating for the masses in lower level factions or they can adjust it back to the way it was and make it more frustrating for the top tiers.

Mr Sunshine
12-30-2013, 11:33 AM
You're right Theif, I should clarify that it was the constant streak team matchups w 6 to 10 man mega armies that were the frustrating part of the weekend. It never bothered me before with a PUN or SF matchup, that's part of the game. I just think the system should go back to war rankings without the strength factor. Streak teams don't care about rank. My 4 man mini team worked hard to stay low points. I know, I'm part of the problem : ) Just had to try it and see what it was like. Wars have always been the best part of this game but it's definitely beginning to wane.

ardiamonds
12-30-2013, 12:31 PM
gree as usual has managed to ruin war. it seems they are on a one way road to driving all the old players away. there is no fun when we cannot use strategies since most of the teams we have seen are so far above us. as our faction got tired of chasing the "brass ring" we just go for a few win streaks, but alas gree seems to be ruining that as well with the match ups. has gree ever heard the saying of going up s hit creek without a paddle? that is where they are headed.

Rob TRK
Thief, no issues with matching top 3 teams. As I said we drew the buck wheat connection when they ended up 3rd (I think). They had a team of 50+ players, stronger, better organised and willing to spend more Gold than us. Suck it up and move on. Never matched Sup and again if we did so be it. I don't suffer from spending envy and if that's what SUP choose to do that's their business, they also have to be able to play wars in the campaign. Not going into a discourse on that one.

But Do I think the ease of creating small mega teams disrupts the game and creates an artificial outcome, yes. I presume these guys will be jumping back to a main faction for any FLTQ. So because they can't compete at their level in a full faction (Against Sup etc) they have got to they drop down and have fun crushing the "little people"to get trinkets.
Personal view is that the faction size could be added to the algorithm in matching. I'd guess that NONE of them meet a top faction because of the policy to run low so they were effectively reaching up into the higher ranges to play teams like ours.

For me and the 60+ folks in our faction group the principle applies. We want to have some fun, have a chance of hitting Streaks and work with the same group that we've had for most of the wars to date. Top 100 is a possibility, beyond that a dream. We are prepared to spend cash to improve the game, but like many there are times when the fun is sucked from it...

By the way it's The Real Kings faction that I refer to. Been around since the start. Not high profile or that well known, but we're as important to the game as SuP and all the others out there.

Good luck to all teams, it's only a game and we're now onto the next campaign....

808BURN
We were in top 75 and got matched with a team ranked 654. Good for us...bad for them. No rhyme or reason. Stop trying to apply logic to the situation....it only causes stress. If you must get into the mind of this madman GREE....then think "bean counter" and "$$$$$$$$".....should help you get closer to the real picture.

Burning is learning.

JHB1
12-30-2013, 12:46 PM
A strategy in this game is only good until they figure it out. We had our streaks end with teams we could not get a hit on. There is no strategy for that. Our last game we had one player we could hit for 81 points. 24m a/d players and minis with 8m a/d is out of control. Our faction leader just sold off his base and is quitting. Throw in the bugs, and all the other crap and you might think they are laughing at us.

Hellish
12-30-2013, 01:06 PM
We are a top 100 team, but getting matched with SUP 1, SUP 2, GSF, and 15 other teams from top 20... Doesn't seem right. Why didn't we get matched with the teams 50-120? Seem a little closer to the mark. Just my pennies.

ragman
12-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Why not make the match-ups totally random. You'd still run into mismatches but you'd make it where you could be matched up against someone you could really score points on and vise versa where you'd have trouble scoring points if you are much higher. It would keep the top X percent from mapping out who they know they are going to matched up on and just raking in the points.

PowerlessRise
12-30-2013, 03:45 PM
This was the hardest war yet, we only got 10 wins total and never reached a 3 win streak. Usually we rank top 2600ish and this time I think we were in the mid 3ks. Wish they changed the reward system to 4k 3k 2k, but since it's 4k to 1.5k.. I'm not trippn about where we placed in the end

Blade of 3
12-30-2013, 03:52 PM
I'll go ahead and put my 2 cents in as i can see it from many different sides:

First Gree will never be able to fix the matchup systems to where everyone is happy. It won't happen.

Looking from the Top Down Sup needs to match with someone..No one wants to match them as they have very rarely been beat (and only by 2 other teams)

So the top 25 teams typically get matched the most with the top 3. It sucks but its the truth and when you pull them you do exactly what others described...use your free hits on the Command Center and wait until you can match again.

The biggest issue is there are only so many teams at the top so they keep running into each other. That means those that aren't in the top 3 have very little chance of getting 50 wins or streaks. This war due the the matchmaking changes it has helped to improve that chance. Not only did the matchup times seem shorter but the different opponents that were encountered ranged (so you didn't see every top 25 team 2-3 times) This was a positive thing for those at the top.

On the other hand the smaller teams are now being matched with larger teams (as the windows have increased) So now the top 25 see down to top 100 and i would assume that top 100 teams see down to top 250.

They can keep it the way it is and it makes it more frustrating for the masses in lower level factions or they can adjust it back to the way it was and make it more frustrating for the top tiers.
Yes, but this war seems a lot worse than last war. We were matched with almost the entire top 10 (all top 3) and 40% were top 25 or a streak team where even our Dl could attack someone. For our rank, we are a bit on the weak end so we usually match up with top 100-75, but not this war. It was bareable last war.

Mustang101n
12-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Maybe gree should introduce a few automated AI factions for each tier and do away with these crazy match-ups while keeping it competitive.

It would keep top 250 factions out of the top 100...etc etc.

Competitive is awesome...but really?...We're flirting with insanity here, expecting a different outcome with these wars. Every boost unit I miss from a higher tier team, is one boost harder to beat next time.

Boost units, medals, ltq's, fltq's, boss, war...ahhhh!

:) Gree, help!!