PDA

View Full Version : Looking for WD strategy advice

Thumpr
12-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Hello, been a MW player over a year now, but just started doing WD battles for the last two events...and now Cuba. I was hoping that my seniors could provide some insight into how to better perform in the WD battles.

Info, I am a faction of one Just me and my four accounts in it. My atks are 971k, 420k, 390k and 122k. Oh, and I'm a free low gold spender.

The faction I'm battling now I'm doing really well against, but I am really not getting how the points work. I use my lowest for the first hit to gauge the strength and determine if my highest needs to do a power attack or not. Their def leader had 500 allies, but only 73k. My lowest was getting 400/300 points per attack. So I Atk him with my 390k unit...and get 120 pts. So I find another rival, it also has 500 allies but has a 380 def which gets me 300pts per hit. For my 400k unit I found a 120k def and get 100 pts, switch to another target with 270k def and get 200 pts. They have a bunch of 1 ally 5k units which get only 90 pts or so. For my largest unit, I ended up attacking the 380k def guy.

So my questions are:
1. How are the points awarded?
2. Should I be attacking the strongest units for the most points?
3. I read on people's walls about their faction rules and some are pretty strict about maintaining 500 allies so to hide the weaker players. But why? It seems that the weaker guys give off less points.
4. Is there anything besides joining a stronger/bigger faction I should try?

Constructive advice welcomed and appreciated.

Russ-navy
12-27-2013, 03:56 PM
1. How are the points awarded? by a higher level and less defense than yours
2. Should I be attacking the strongest units for the most points? yes
3. I read on people's walls about their faction rules and some are pretty strict about maintaining 500 allies so to hide the weaker players. But why? It seems that the weaker guys give off less points. so they don't give up points so easly
4. Is there anything besides joining a stronger/bigger faction I should try? abe to get farther in ranks ad pck up more units and bonuses

FromAfar
the only thing you can know about a person you are attacking is level, strength and number of allies.

rank is unseen in wd.

so, it seems that to some extent, points are based on level. however, these things seem to fluctuate wildly, or "weirdly", in my term.

so, for example if i attack someone higher level then me i usually get more points then hitting someone lower, but not always.

and as an example, i am about L150 and i just hit a L190. weird thing was i hit him 4 times and got the following:

that is messed up. i understand random, but wow.... 40%, and none in the middle. granted, it's only a 4 shot sample. but not being a big gold spender, thats about what i get.

it seems that maybe gree is messing with the formula, to get more spending. MAYBE? several other threads in the past have noted big swings, with several low point values mixed in with a few high.

as far as allies, again, level does play a part. if you can get a level 200 to hit a level 6 that has 500 allies, they will usually get a very low number of points. i call it a wasted shot.

hope this helps.

Russ-navy
What are your current stats?

FromAfar
12-27-2013, 04:00 PM
thumpr. check your PM's please

Merc_mw
12-27-2013, 04:20 PM
and as an example, i am about L150 and i just hit a L190. weird thing was i hit him 4 times and got the following:

that is messed up. i understand random, but wow.... 40%, and none in the middle. granted, it's only a 4 shot sample. but not being a big gold spender, thats about what i get.
s.

Were other people hitting the same target? To me it seems like a target needs time to regen points, 30-60 seconds not like boss regen

Thumpr
12-27-2013, 04:28 PM
A). Woot, my first pm!
B). Thanks for the input guys.
C). From - I've had the opposite. First hit is 400 but after that it drops. Gets my hopes up..and dashes them
D). Merc - battle points regenerate? If multiple people attack the same target at once, the points fluctuate?

Thumpr
12-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh, and Russ..

Stats right now are:
1. Lvl 139, a 971k, d 959k, aly 472
2. Lvl 79, a 409k, d 411k, aly 283
3. Lvl 67, a 396k, d 398k, aly 305
4. Lvl 32, a 123k, d 129k, aly 112

Archer59
12-27-2013, 04:33 PM
D: Seems to. We find a good target then rotate in on it. Seems like if all hitting it at same time, the points are not as good.

Thumpr
12-27-2013, 07:44 PM
So what about how factions are matched up? I was just paired against a single player, gold spender btw, with one person, but their stats were 1.2m def. none of mine could touch him. Sure did like banging away at his command center. That was fulfilling.

SHANESTER
12-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Gree posted somewhere that match ups were first based on total stats (thats why his one strong player was matched to your 4 weaker players. If you add the totals and compare you will see the trend), secondly current event ranking, and the last factor was the amount of times you have fought that rival before. The harder it is to match you the more relaxed those standards get. thats why at time during the weekend everybody tends to gets screwed with a ridiculous paring.

Thumpr
12-27-2013, 08:41 PM
How is a total ranking matchup fair? I.e. I have ten 100k players, okay....here is someone who is 1 mil a/d. Yeah... that's fair. Sorry, bitter. Just lost to the guy I couldn't even scratch his paint. Wishing very evil things on somebody right now.

Goldilucks
12-27-2013, 09:32 PM
What makes a good target is one that has a high level and low defense. For example...

A level 200 with 1mil Defense will yield 450 points
A level 60 with 1mil Defense will yield 60 points.

This assumes you have an attack higher than 1mil of course.

Thumpr
12-29-2013, 08:37 AM
So, I just ran into a one person faction. Stats are 2.5m. I can't even chip his paint. My four players stats are earlier in the thread.

How common are these lopsided match ups? After my first attack saw his stats, I'm not even bothering wasting the health.

SPWD
12-29-2013, 08:48 AM
We've had ex sup members just,now we have the unsullied,we've had continuous top 50 teams all weekend and a few wars in we were around 1000 and we got the guys in 3rd place.

Wd strategy advice would be to not bother!

Russ-navy
12-29-2013, 08:56 AM
This time around the lopsided battles seem to be very common, we have had some very tough fights, but also have had some really easy on to

magic267
12-29-2013, 11:25 AM
This time around the lopsided battles seem to be very common, we have had some very tough fights, but also have had some really easy on to

Hi Russ,

Did you get all the info you were looking for? I find that it helps to track your individual points on a spreadsheet. You can use probability or stats to estimate a range of points or use optimize to estimate ideal target.

Cheers!

Thumpr
12-29-2013, 06:23 PM
UGH!!! Fourth battle in a row... one player, stats 2, 3, 3.5 million. Done. I'm not even going to bother anymore. You'd think Gree would want to fix the match ups. The ones where our stats were on parity are the matches that I spent gold on. Most I've spent so far in fact. Not anymore though.

Mastert55!
12-29-2013, 06:51 PM
NEVER BUM RUSH ON THE FIRST DAY, that will screw you over the 2nd and 3rd. We did, and now facing all Top 10's multiple times in fact.

Thumpr
12-29-2013, 10:03 PM
How does it mess you up? As in you do well the first day, they pair you with harder match ups?

808BURN
12-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Determine a great strategy and then do the opposite.......... no really

You will realize quickly that playing this game things that should happen typically don't, but best to just enjoy it best you can and not pay attention to the discrepancies.... lest you become a perpetual whiner like a lot you will see on here. (blah blah blah Waaaaa Waaaa Gree..... scam.... )

Hits on other players will fluctuate points... I saw a horrible discussion of this a while back with about 10 data points, some simple regressions and fancy names for noted trends.... you could look that up.

If you find someone about 50 levels above you that you can beat the points will average out to about 350 points per tap over a vault.... fluctuations from 280 up to 450. there are ways of tweaking that if you have time.. (higher level, switch opponents, closer defense to your attack (which brings in the possibility of a loss to someone with lower defense than your attack... but hey It's Gree)) ... but those things are really nerdy and only count if you are really trying to get the very very most for your $$ lol. I used to keep spreadsheets of hits and analyze the data (It's all about the D) .... but that is more like work.

EASY BUTTON ADVICE - find someone much higher level than you that you can consistently beat and tap them like there is no tomorrow..... if you have a horrible ratio and can't do that then you may want to slow your roll leveling.... but hey if you like leveling and that is how you want to play.... then go to town.....

Good Luck !!

Burning is learning !!

Richard79
12-30-2013, 02:29 AM
the only thing you can know about a person you are attacking is level, strength and number of allies.

rank is unseen in wd.

so, it seems that to some extent, points are based on level. however, these things seem to fluctuate wildly, or "weirdly", in my term.

so, for example if i attack someone higher level then me i usually get more points then hitting someone lower, but not always.

it seems that maybe gree is messing with the formula, to get more spending. MAYBE? several other threads in the past have noted big swings, with several low point values mixed in with a few high.

as far as allies, again, level does play a part. if you can get a level 200 to hit a level 6 that has 500 allies, they will usually get a very low number of points. i call it a wasted shot.

hope this helps.

Your pts were so far apart because a fellow team mate was attacking that same rival as you thus reducing your pts till your last hit when your team mate had finished his hits.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
12-30-2013, 02:41 AM
Your pts were so far apart because a fellow team mate was attacking that same rival as you thus reducing your pts till your last hit when your team mate had finished his hits.

Richard, it this a fact or what you have read elsewhere. Are you saying that without others hitting the points would be very consistent for each shot and no swings at all as described?

I have tested that theory over and over.

Thumpr
12-30-2013, 06:29 PM
So I ended the war with a 9/4 record. Sat most of Saturday out, put up 74k+ WD pts and finished somewhere between 1501-4000. Is that decent or laughable record for a one person (4 accts) player with my stats?

Supermanjr055
12-30-2013, 10:17 PM
hopefully next war u will do better...