PDA

View Full Version : No reason to spend any more money on this game

Phillip99
12-26-2013, 07:28 AM
This is not a lets screw Gree thread......
There is just simply no more point to spending money on ltq's, bosses, and other events. Getting good weapons and increasing your stats won't help you. With the new rivals list format, getting stronger only gets you stronger rivals......you still get robbed.

Raws
12-26-2013, 08:40 AM
There is just simply no more point to spending money on ltq's, bosses, and other events. Getting good weapons and increasing your stats won't help you. With the new rivals list format, getting stronger only gets you stronger rivals......you still get robbed.

and what about wars? you only ever gained stats to stop being robbed? you never gained stats to gain more targets in war, to get your syn a higher rank?

stop crying and deal with it, if you only ever raised your stats to stop getting robbed then you have been playing wrong, why not just rob everyone get your money up buy ltbs upgrade em and get weapons and then delete em after if your so bothered about being robbed?

theres plenty to complain about and you choose the rivals list? lmfao

EDIT: people can rob above their stats anyway so your never going to be rob free

Zendfrim
12-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Raws clearly has a worthless hood and is most likely a leach, given his post. I urge the OP to lend absolutely no weight to this troll's account of the game.

Gree has two choices, undo the rivals list change, or cause all high IPH folks to quit. As it is now, gree will lose sales and players. Simple as that.

candyson
12-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Simple answer... Rob people more than you get robbed. You can rob more than one person to pay back what was robbed from your hood.
Also, you can control what gets robbed(for the most part) by setting alarms and collecting on time.

Dubstik
12-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Raws clearly has a worthless hood and is most likely a leach, given his post. I urge the OP to lend absolutely no weight to this troll's account of the game.

Gree has two choices, undo the rivals list change, or cause all high IPH folks to quit. As it is now, gree will lose sales and players. Simple as that.

+1

If everyone was to follow Raws example there wouldn't even be anyone to rob...

Raws
12-26-2013, 09:41 AM
+1

If everyone was to follow Raws example there wouldn't even be anyone to rob...

and then iph would be usefull again.... oh the irony

Phillip99
12-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Simple answer... Rob people more than you get robbed. You can rob more than one person to pay back what was robbed from your hood.
Also, you can control what gets robbed(for the most part) by setting alarms and collecting on time.

True, but it is just a game, supposed to be fun. I'm not about to set alarms to wake up in the middle of the night, interrupt family dinner, interrupt a conversation, or whatever just to collect fake money from a game. Especially the night part, anyone who does that needs to re-prioritize, just sayin.

candyson
12-26-2013, 10:37 AM
True, but it is just a game, supposed to be fun. I'm not about to set alarms to wake up in the middle of the night, interrupt family dinner, interrupt a conversation, or whatever just to collect fake money from a game. Especially the night part, anyone who does that needs to re-prioritize, just sayin.Then you shouldn't be worried about losing that fake money from a game either

Phillip99
12-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Then you shouldn't be worried about losing that fake money from a game either

You missed the point, I am worried just not obsessed. But before this I could "worry" about being robbed by increasing stats, that way I could not get robbed but not have to obsessively collect.

Don Emilio
12-26-2013, 10:52 AM
I feel important when I get robbed !

And there are so many ways to limit your losses. ( Just ask ! )

Max Power
12-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Then you shouldn't be worried about losing that fake money from a game either

True, but people spent time and real money developing a strategy to suit a more casual collection style. The issue isn't whether people can rob you, the issue is that the goal posts moved after people invested. If the rivals list was like this from day one, nobody would have an issue. If people spent zero money, people shouldn't have an issue.

But that's not the way this is shaking down.

therealbengie
12-26-2013, 01:12 PM
exactly, what annoys people is the fact that the basics of the game keep changing after you make irreversible decisions.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Gold spenders shouldn't expect immortality in cc just because they spent gold at one point. You gotta keep spending in order to stay at the top. I don't see many players that have been purely free with over ten mil stats.

Max Power
12-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Gold spenders shouldn't expect immortality in cc just because they spent gold at one point. You gotta keep spending in order to stay at the top. I don't see many players that have been purely free with over ten mil stats.

Entirely free players really don't have much to complain about. They aren't a customer. It's the moderate spenders that will be getting kicked in the teeth. Heavy spenders wont care, they never bothered much with income. It's all events and stats to them. It's the middle class that will suffer.

passerby
12-26-2013, 03:27 PM

"Durrrrrrrrrr go rob more people and leave them links in their news feed so that they can also rob you in return!"

What kind of solution is that?

The kind of solution that a half-wit would come up with.

Raws
12-26-2013, 03:36 PM
"Durrrrrrrrrr go rob more people and leave them links in their news feed so that they can also rob you in return!"

What kind of solution is that?

The kind of solution that a half-wit would come up with.

well since its crime city i the point is to go rob people, just make sure you rob them more than they rob you

Danny Clear
12-26-2013, 03:46 PM
If the reason your playing this game is so u can rob the people on your rivals list than u prob werent spending money in the first place. All that matters are the battles if u have targets and can score points it doesent really matter if u get robbed by rivals or not

jmeijer
12-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Also, you can control what gets robbed(for the most part) by setting alarms and collecting on time.Rob more than you get robbed.. no, that is not an option. I have 25 million IPH; no way that that will work with high stat, low IPH rivals.

Captain Torgue
12-26-2013, 05:00 PM

Robs and attacks are part of the game and if you can't deal with it then maybe you should quit :)

ShawnBB
12-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Robs and attacks are part of the game and if you can't deal with it then maybe you should quit :)
Please stop using these words that have been mentioned thousands of times already. You didn't get hurt doesn't mean that it is right to do.

Games also need to have their rules, to be playable and show basic respect to players.
I guess you still don't give a crap even if gree allow players to rob anyone at any lvl, because you are a poor dude yourself.

Oracle001
12-26-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm amazed that people justify having crappy hoods and just robbing people who have put in hard work to build theirs as some kind of 'strategy'.

People are entitled to get some protection of their hood if they've worked hard and built their stats. If you support rivals based on strength and letting everyone rob everyone else then why even have stats? Let's just all have 0 stats and rob each other all day. we can spend 24 hours a day robbing to make back what was robbed from us. Great fun.

And no wars aren't the main reason for stats. War events came much later. People like me built their stats to protect their hoods and are now getting smashed by people at lower stats and levels. Given that most of the noobs robbing me have 50-60k odd robs I can tell you what will happen if I put a nice juicy link in their newsfeed. So basically they get away scott free. How's that for 'strategy'.

passerby
12-26-2013, 06:41 PM
well since its crime city i the point is to go rob people, just make sure you rob them more than they rob you

I can tell by your posts that you are one of those problem players who got all of his stats from farming the last two epic bosses. Players like you should be eradicated. You are cancerous in regards to this game. You contribute nothing but f*ckery and lameness.

Quick question. What's your IPH?

I bet it isn't even over half a million. Of course you want to be able to rob everyone, as you are too sorry to work on your own hood properly.

Phillip99
12-26-2013, 06:45 PM
I can tell by your posts that you are one of those problem players who got all of his stats from farming the last two epic bosses. Players like you should be eradicated. You are cancerous in regards to this game. You contribute nothing but f*ckery and lameness.

I bet it isn't even over half a million. Of course you want to be able to rob everyone, as you are too sorry to work on your own hood properly.

Ouch..............

scaredpollo
12-26-2013, 07:10 PM
My question to this is why did only SOME people rival list change, mine and most other members of my syn did not change.... dont make sense. Thats the part thats pissin me off the most.

Max Power
12-26-2013, 07:40 PM
well since its crime city i the point is to go rob people, just make sure you rob them more than they rob youOr build an empire that makes people fear to rob you. There is more than one element to this game.
Ouch..............Troof!

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-26-2013, 10:33 PM
stats are not the only way to protect your hood. collect on time. get rid of buildings that you cant collect on regularly. this is a better method than any other.

Captain Torgue
12-26-2013, 11:04 PM
stats are not the only way to protect your hood. collect on time. get rid of buildings that you cant collect on regularly. this is a better method than any other.

Well said, its good to see messages such as this in amongst the rest of the cry babies here. Its simple really, if you don't want to get robbed make sure you collect on time.

Oracle001
12-27-2013, 02:10 AM
Captain Torgue... That may have been a valid position in the past but now with all the purposely odd timed LTBs that's not realistic, and really encouraging everyone to live in cc 24/7 is not healthy. Honestly, putting that up as an alternative to just getting the rivals list right is pretty off the mark.

Zendfrim
12-27-2013, 06:36 AM

I bet it isn't even over half a million. Of course you want to be able to rob everyone, as you are too sorry to work on your own hood properly.You are awesome. Not being sarcastic. 50 mil per hr. to say I agree is an understatement. I stopped collecting my hood altogether today. I am not feeding anyone any more. Gree has taken away the one aspect of the game I enjoy, next they'll start trying to keep us from chatting to each other.

Gratismax
12-27-2013, 07:26 AM
I agree with the sentiment originally expressed in this thread. I can also see that camper cities are a great source of fun for gold paying fighters as they pillage. The changes have dramatically changed fun dirived by high IPH players. I have had a lot less fun saving for Limited Edition Buildings knowing I might get half the output. Anyone know a great game out there that doesn't constantly stack the deck by changing any core concept at any time without deeper consideration for long term viability? I am thinking 2014 is a change it up year! It's been fun here though.

Max Power
12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Well said, its good to see messages such as this in amongst the rest of the cry babies here. Its simple really, if you don't want to get robbed make sure you collect on time.

I am pretty confident that if they changed a core findamental strategy of the game that negatively effected you, you would be crying as loud as anybody, Captain Tongue.

The Fonz
12-27-2013, 08:24 AM
I agree with the sentiment originally expressed in this thread. I can also see that camper cities are a great source of fun for gold paying fighters as they pillage. The changes have dramatically changed fun dirived by high IPH players. I have had a lot less fun saving for Limited Edition Buildings knowing I might get half the output. Anyone know a great game out there that doesn't constantly stack the deck by changing any core concept at any time without deeper consideration for long term viability? I am thinking 2014 is a change it up year! It's been fun here though.
If their intention is to induce a more proactive approach to the game among IPH-centric players, then this revamped approach to the Rivals List is not only backfiring, but driving long-standing players to other games eventually. Now that there's no incentive to keep spending gold due to assured stat obsolescence with every successive event and battle, there is even less of a motivator to continue working on one's IPH and hood development when it's susceptible to pillaging by everyone, rather than a minority of players.

Without a true motivation to keep battling and disincentives to IPH/hood builders, the impetuses aren't there for anyone to continue playing, much less keep pushing.

Oracle001
12-27-2013, 08:33 AM
I am pretty confident that if they changed a core findamental strategy of the game that negatively effected you, you would be crying as loud as anybody, Captain Tongue.

"Not all of us have a great IPH and I earn more money from robs and attacking non bankers than I do from collecting my buildings." - Captain Torgue in another thread.

Captain Torgue (if you even are a real captain) I for one am shocked that you weren't just selflessly in favour of these changes so that higher income players can 'get over it' because this new system is sooo much better for us all, right?

ShawnBB
12-27-2013, 10:49 AM

Or having a worthless hood for others to rob.

Phillip99
12-27-2013, 11:07 AM
"Not all of us have a great IPH and I earn more money from robs and attacking non bankers than I do from collecting my buildings." - Captain Torgue in another thread.

Captain Torgue (if you even are a real captain) I for one am shocked that you weren't just selflessly in favour of these changes so that higher income players can 'get over it' because this new system is sooo much better for us all, right?

Nice job pulling out that quote.....way to shed light on hypocrisy.

cletus
12-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Background: I'm a 2+ year player but not a huge gold spender. In the Funzio days I did all the maps just for something to do. My IPH could be higher (currently ~12M) but for a long time there was no point in money so I didn't bother. Still it's reasonably high. I'm also level 215 or so.

I wasted most of my skill points on attack and defense in the early days. Suddenly energy mattered a lot because it defined how far you got in the LTQs. My energy is <2k but I worked around that by prehitting and skipping crappy LTQs.

Prior to the last 2 boss events I felt I could barely keep pace with inflation thanks to the LTBs that I could afford and those without money couldn't. Low level campers got some advantage in boss events but not massively.

In the last war I had almost 4M atk but in the top 75 you really needed 5M last war to find reasonable targets. In other words, I was falling behind. There were four reasons for this:

1. Epic boss trounced all other forms of gold expenditure and I wasn't spending;

2. Boss events gave massive increases to those under level 100. I say this as someone whose level 60 mini jumped by almost 2M atk between wars;

3. The end to prehitting; and

4. LTB stat gains are completely dwarfed by normal and raid bosses.

My level 70 mini will exceed my stats before the next war and has more energy now. I have no way to reset my energy. With the rivals list change even with it affecting only a small number of players I went from being never robbed to being constantly robbed. More stats no longer help. Being a small mafia size no longer helps.

So I may as well just throw my high level account away. It now has absolutely zero advantages over my mini.

Thing is, with stat inflation I know if I keep up with my mini the exact same thing will happen with a new breed of minis a few months from now.

Those few (with low IPH) defending this change with "collect on time". I'll be damned if I play this "game" by a relentless barrage of timers. That's a job not a game. Screw that.

So if Gree goes ahead with bracketing rivals by stats I am done.

candyson
12-27-2013, 02:26 PM
In the last war I had almost 4M atk but in the top 75 you really needed 5M last war to find reasonable targets. In other words, I was falling behind. There were four reasons for this:

I had targets last war in top 50 with only 2.7 mil attack, and still averaged over 400 per win

Oracle001
12-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Cletus we have almost the same experience mate! I realised that energy was useless except for maps, which didn't do much anyway so I put massively into attack and defence points. Then suddenly they bring in energy events so all those noobs that used their skill points to buy 5000 useless energy suddenly had a massive advantage, not from strategy but from a lucky development in the game and now I can't switch back. I'm stuck with 1300 energy at level 192.

The thing about minis now is you don't even really have to play the game, just get it into a decent syn and ride the stat increases from there.

So many of these changes don't seem to think through the longer term consequences.

High Stats Low IPH
12-27-2013, 03:45 PM
I really like this new rival's list change

Captain Torgue
12-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Everyone who complains about the new rivals list think about this. Those who are level 250s like myself are already in the shark tank. Former FC members, Solemn Carnage, Lights out and other top ten teams lurk there.

Waking up each morning and finding out you have been robbed is just part of the game. Either deal with it or set timers for your buildings.

The game is more about stats than it is about income. Get those stats up and jump in the shark tank and then you will realise you have had it easy up until now :)

Oracle001
12-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Really? Run through the tutorial again and see what most of its time is spent on. It ain't stat building it's hood and income.

Just because you flew up into the shark tank too fast doesn't mean everyone else should suffer, I've purposely stayed below it as it's crept up. Maybe it's you who needs to 'get over' your poor playing strategy and lack of ability to build your iph.

Phillip99
12-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Everyone who complains about the new rivals list think about this. Those who are level 250s like myself are already in the shark tank. Former FC members, Solemn Carnage, Lights out and other top ten teams lurk there.

Waking up each morning and finding out you have been robbed is just part of the game. Either deal with it or set timers for your buildings.

The game is more about stats than it is about income. Get those stats up and jump in the shark tank and then you will realise you have had it easy up until now :)

I have tried not to Lvl up too fast specifically to avoid the shark tank, part of my strategy, sucsessful up to this point. It is not right to change the rules after over a year of playing and put me in the shark tank. So no torgue, I do not want to "jump in the shark tank". But that should be my right.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-27-2013, 06:18 PM
I do not want to "jump in the shark tank". But that should be my right.but the water is nice and warm............

after I pee'd in it. taste the kool aid suckas!!!

cletus
12-27-2013, 06:27 PM
I really like this new rival's list change

You'll like it until it goes to everybody and there will again be no one to rob. Now you have a small number of people having access to everyone to rob. If/when it goes to everyone there won't be more people to rob, just more people robbing them.

Add to that people like me will simply pack up and move on so there won't really be that many more people to rob anyway.

Captain Torgue
12-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Really? Run through the tutorial again and see what most of its time is spent on. It ain't stat building it's hood and income.

Just because you flew up into the shark tank too fast doesn't mean everyone else should suffer, I've purposely stayed below it as it's crept up. Maybe it's you who needs to 'get over' your poor playing strategy and lack of ability to build your iph.

True that is a good point. It is about 50/50 with income and stats. My IPH is just over $6.5 mil and I've robbed FC members before for $150 mil. I understand what you are saying but it is also about sacrifice. There are people that sell their LTBs once they are level 10 because they have 18hr or 20hr payouts and then build two again but leave them on level 1.

So you can either set timers, sell buildings that aren't 12 or 24 hour payouts or prepare to be robbed. One thing I never liked was campers and the way I see it camping is not really playing the game anyway.

Flapjacks
12-27-2013, 08:44 PM
If you don't like a game, or a company that makes a game, then don't play the game. If you complain incessantly about a game, a feature or changes to a game; then quit. Maybe you could find a game in which you don't complain or feel mistreated. What a novel idea! Unless, of course, you're a masochist, which in that case you're right where you belong! Stick around for more abuse, more ill-treatment, then complain & come back for more!

Fools!

Oracle001
12-27-2013, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Flapjacks;1130300]If you don't like a game, or a company that makes a game, then don't play the game. If you complain incessantly about a game, a feature or changes to a game; then quit. Maybe you could find a game in which you don't complain or feel mistreated. What a novel idea! Unless, of course, you're a masochist, which in that case you're right where you belong! Stick around for more abuse, more ill-treatment, then complain & come back for more!

Fools![/QUOTE

You'd make a crappy life coach mate. Don't like somethin? Quit it! Quit everything. Don't try to offer constructive criticism or feedback. Just quit. Brilliant.

Flapjacks
12-27-2013, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=Flapjacks;1130300]If you don't like a game, or a company that makes a game, then don't play the game. If you complain incessantly about a game, a feature or changes to a game; then quit. Maybe you could find a game in which you don't complain or feel mistreated. What a novel idea! Unless, of course, you're a masochist, which in that case you're right where you belong! Stick around for more abuse, more ill-treatment, then complain & come back for more!

Fools![/QUOTE

You'd make a crappy life coach mate. Don't like somethin? Quit it! Quit everything. Don't try to offer constructive criticism or feedback. Just quit. Brilliant.

It doesn't take a life coach to see that some of the complainers on here are insane. Doing the same thing over & over again (complaining) & expecting a different result (Gree to change)..,is insanity.
A life coach, psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you the same thing. The balls in your court...shoot or get off the pot.

cc thunder
12-27-2013, 09:38 PM
defend it all you want its a stupid move on their part, what is the point of being strong for your level if your level no longer is the thing that limits other peoples from robbing you. I have a level 17 camper that I carefully grew to a low level with high stats and stopped doing events, nobody on my level has even half of my stats that I have come across, my plan was to grow my income per hour and then begin to start being active once my income was up. 350k stats at Level 17 is very good for your level, and then I got robbed by a player level 156, with crap stats of 380k how is that fair? through my careful planning I was doing very well for myself and now I'm open up to people that are literally 10 times my level? I'm sure I could rob this person back, however it defeats the purpose of trying to be strong on your level as you gain experience through attacking & robbing.

Mackie Messer
12-28-2013, 01:59 AM
This is the first thread I've read about the new Rival List and it goes with my thinking that there is now no longer a method by which you can tell if you're doing well or not. There is no way to discern if you're character is in good shape, comparatively speaking, because you're now against the entire field of players; Your stats are now arbitrary. There is, in short, no way to be 'winning'.

Unless I've missed something?

TZora
12-28-2013, 02:17 AM
there is still a way to winning .. delete each and every building in your hood .. grow some weed farms, decorate your hood, post "nice" welcome messages using grass and shrubs for all attackers .. smile now, everything is ok :)

passerby
12-28-2013, 08:45 AM
It should be noted that about the only people defending this change are fake troll accounts registered within the last two months, and that weirdo shut-in Torgue who's life revolves around a cellphone game.

"Set alarms!" - Most people have jobs and responsibilities, you shut-in.

Max Power
12-28-2013, 09:03 AM
True that is a good point. It is about 50/50 with income and stats. My IPH is just over $6.5 mil and I've robbed FC members before for $150 mil. I understand what you are saying but it is also about sacrifice. There are people that sell their LTBs once they are level 10 because they have 18hr or 20hr payouts and then build two again but leave them on level 1.So you can either set timers, sell buildings that aren't 12 or 24 hour payouts or prepare to be robbed. One thing I never liked was campers and the way I see it camping is not really playing the game anyway.Who cares if you don't like campers? They don't effect you anyway. Doesn't mean they should completely change the rules to cater to people who fail at building income.

Phillip99
12-28-2013, 02:00 PM
It should be noted that about the only people defending this change are fake troll accounts registered within the last two months, and that weirdo shut-in Torgue who's life revolves around a cellphone game.

"Set alarms!" - Most people have jobs and responsibilities, you shut-in.

Thank you....if you are setting alarms your life revolves around this game

Flapjacks
12-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Something is terribly wrong when somebody has alarms set for an app. I sincerely hope you're all joking about that.

Listen. You can have 1 billion attack & be the strongest player ever but, if you set alarms for an app..,you lose. You lose every time you log in regardless of your stats. Reality check, please.

Phillip99
12-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Something is terribly wrong when somebody has alarms set for an app. I sincerely hope you're all joking about that.

Listen. You can have 1 billion attack & be the strongest player ever but, if you set alarms for an app..,you lose. You lose every time you log in regardless of your stats. Reality check, please.

Listening torgue?? Lmao.

Captain Torgue
12-28-2013, 05:28 PM

I don't have alarms set on my phone but I have been in syndicates in which some of the people actually have timers to remind them when to collect on their 12s and 24s so no I was not actually joking about that.

Captain Torgue
12-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Who cares if you don't like campers? They don't effect you anyway. Doesn't mean they should completely change the rules to cater to people who fail at building income.

Who cares if I don't like campers? Well in that case who cares if y'all don't like being robbed.

Max Power
12-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Who cares if I don't like campers? Well in that case who cares if y'all don't like being robbed.

And I am not asking anybody to change the rules to cater to my distaste for being robbed.

ShawnBB
12-29-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't understand how the discussion turned into this. OFF TOPIC!:(
No matter IpH or stats is more important, whoever still spending money on this game is 100% loser and idiot.
Thread over!

FlyMeMoon
12-30-2013, 04:35 AM
You are awesome. Not being sarcastic. 50 mil per hr. to say I agree is an understatement. I stopped collecting my hood altogether today. I am not feeding anyone any more. Gree has taken away the one aspect of the game I enjoy, next they'll start trying to keep us from chatting to each other.

I dont want to build my hood just to feed the vultures either. I have a decent iph (+7m) not brilliant but I struggle to find anyone with better income and, I can't be bothered spending hours to find someone either. Im thinking not bothering collecting the 18, 20, etc buildings just for others to neglect their iph coz they getting it from me and others. Either that or sell them.

Max Power
12-30-2013, 04:55 AM
I don't understand how the discussion turned into this. OFF TOPIC!:(
No matter IpH or stats is more important, whoever still spending money on this game is 100% loser and idiot.
Thread over!

Well, those losers and idiots are carrying your water.

A1-1
12-30-2013, 07:43 AM
It's all good

N41LZ
12-31-2013, 03:53 AM
It is already more than apparent this is to wipe campers off the map for good.
Nothing new here, Gree has been doing this progressively for this whole year.

They want campers out.

Why? They saw that as a flaw to all their games and they are trying to "fix" it.
They probably saw the majority of gold spend is from chasing events - aka getting exp...

And back to the OP - the reality is, you can get several PS3/XBox games (hell, even an entire console) with the $ some people spend in one week on this "app".

Take your pick.

gregory.scafid
01-09-2014, 02:03 PM
When a player robs you under your name is it possible to change it where he can't rob u or loses your first name