PDA

View Full Version : Raiding etiquette....

Jesse21
12-26-2013, 06:44 AM
I got another nasty message on my wall from someone who was upset I went to town on their base. My question is what is the proper raiding etiquette? Do you limit how much you take? Do you only hit the buildings one or two times each? Do you comment anything? Thanks or haha?

My personal feeling is if it is worth more thank 100k per hit, I raid it. If you have a lot of buildings I take them all. I say nothing.

Thoughts?

& The Horse U Rode In On
12-26-2013, 06:49 AM
there is no etiquette

limited only by my stamina

no, that is just dumb. if you are going to take, take it all

don't be rude

Thief
12-26-2013, 06:54 AM
First Remember this is a war game. The only etiquette is be polite with your words and have fun.

Personally i generally don't hit someone for all of their money buildings. In many instances i used to hit a supply depot and let them know that their buildings were ready to collect.

More recently i've been getting raided and loosing my income source so i will now usually take out one LE building (generally the best payout) and then do the same thing. Most of them know either i'm getting it or someone else at that point.

As for when my base gets blacked out it sucks but its part of the game. Don't take it too personally and remember its not like the old days where you were probably killing off someones army in the process due to all of their casualties along the way. (yes they might still loose 1-2 but most have already 2k+ indestructibles)

JustTVH
12-26-2013, 06:54 AM
I have a specific message on all of my walls.
" Dont cry, advertise or post codes on my wall. "

Gen CheeBye
12-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Delete nasty messages and move on to the next raid target. Life is too short to worry about inconsequential people that have no manners. Worst still, those that take it personally or don't realize this is just a game.

I get raided daily but it don't hurt me, there's always people with higher stats than me so I just move on. Focus on building your IPH and increasing your stats instead of writing nasty remarks. :D

Jetwit
12-26-2013, 07:27 AM
I raid a lot. Like Thief said, this is a war game. People tend to forget the "game" part and think it is real life and you robbed them of their lunch money.

Remember this game is played by all ages, I would go out on a limb that most nasty messages are written by the "kids" who haven't figured out the concept of social gaming yet.

Drakhoan
12-26-2013, 07:33 AM
NO ETIQUETTE...

From someone who gets hemmed up all the time, it is your choice. Like said above its war, yes it may be a game, but it is a war game! I hate getting attacked and/or raided, but hell its because I'm too weak and didn't upgrade the vault like a should. I don't cry or "hate post" on walls. Most recently CASPER was eating me alive, but I think if you can take it you should. In a way I think you earned it.

My personal idea of attacking/raiding: I do not often attack unless I really need some cash fast. When I raid it is usually only to trigger boss or so I only hit the lowest structures. Of course this is my way as I am not a beast in stats. If someone did "hate post" me I would probably slash and burn their stakie.

This was way longer than I intended it... bottom line let it rain!

Kane Sickle
12-26-2013, 07:34 AM
I live to raid. My IPH is about $250k, but I collect millions every day from raids! I don't leave messages and get very few. B/l: no etiquette for leaving notes. Good hunting!

Dan Cai
12-26-2013, 07:38 AM
When I find a nice base I'll take the lot, if I get a nasty message I'll go hunting and black out the base and if I don't get an apology I'll keep going until they either drop allies or add to them depending on where they are. But I'll hit people for having names like suck my balls or names to that effect. I also find myself hitting any beefy or dan that I come across.

johnny_blayze
12-26-2013, 07:45 AM
I raid a lot (100-400 times a day). Likewise I only do if each hit yields at least $100K

The rules I live by are: I don't attack non-money buildings and I don't leave any mocking or belittling comments.
I just raid in silence. I get raided and I raid people, it's a war game.

Note: On very rare situations where they have ripe buildings and their stats are too high for successful raids I might target boosts to yield successful raids.

Jesse21
12-26-2013, 08:20 AM
I raid a lot (100-400 times a day). Likewise I only do if each hit yields at least $100K

The rules I live by are: I don't attack non-money buildings and I don't leave any mocking or belittling comments.

Note: On very rare situations where they have ripe buildings and their stats are too high for successful raids I might target boosts to yield successful raids.

That is exactly my plan.

It dosent bother me. I laugh at the comments and pray they attack me back so I can keep raiding them.

It amazes me when people don't get it is a game. And a war game at that.

Tncatfan
12-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Etiquette...... Really! Alls fair in love and war right? I raid a lot, and get raided my far share, i typically ignore and move on, or respond with some witty humor :), typically don't hear from them again. Goes both ways, if someone gets me good, i move on or depending on my mood, "nice one, caught me with my pants down, shame on me". Its a difficult concept of the game to grasp, collect your buildings and you wont get raided, lol! But when you don't, it someone else fault for accepting freebies????

K4S
12-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Raiding is part of the game and everyone gets hit. I get hit daily by people but I can't complain since I usually raid daily for a bit as well. Cash is still needed to grow your base, or your faction. I'm not a fan of the players that purposely seek you out everyday and just camp on your base, since that gets annoying. If you do leave a message keep it playful or say thank you for donations or something, then move on. At times I can hit dozens of different players a day and I don't even remember them after 2 minutes. Players that leave hate messages on my wall just hit my crap list and then I start to seek them out. If a player asks for break for a couple of days if they are saving up for a big upgrade, then I leave them alone, a little courtesy goes a long way. I do give people an occasional pass too, hit a defense building or something and post on their wall to collect their cash, especially if they have a really low IPH.

Drakhoan
12-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Best comment left by a visitor: Nice base and iph... better collect on time!

Favorite response I left to a raider (one of those, set their timer to my collection time every single day types): Hey man, I'm trying to make my last upgrade on this LE, give me a break so I can finish it... then you can have more to raid!

BodySnatcher
12-26-2013, 09:29 AM
I have enough stamina to black out at least two bases. I only hit choice targets tho. But any time I run across some sore looser leaving messages like that on my wall I black them out real good over and over. They tend to quietly go away not to be heard from again.

pb23
12-26-2013, 09:44 AM
When I find a nice base I'll take the lot, if I get a nasty message I'll go hunting and black out the base and if I don't get an apology I'll keep going until they either drop allies or add to them depending on where they are. But I'll hit people for having names like suck my balls or names to that effect. I also find myself hitting any beefy or dan that I come across.

Or me :)

Nice to see ya!

Jrich
12-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I leave the nasty messages on my wall, very entertaining. When you leave me a bad message, I'll remember you and hit you every chance I get. If you say 'nice stats enjoy the cash' I'll move on.

GRAMMAR
12-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Generally, I don't take anything under $500k, just because I feel that's about that limit right now where the experience gained is worth the cash. But as far as how much I'll take -- I'll take it all. It's a war game, and limiting the enemies' resources IS war, so to speak. :)
I never take a comp unless they're being a ****.
I never take boosts either by the same rule.
Player stats don't matter to me, whether the defender is 600k or 6M.
Happy hunting y'all.

RedRoom
12-26-2013, 12:14 PM
This is a war game...if they don't like to get raided they should switch to FarmVille...

RedRoom
12-26-2013, 12:16 PM
I leave the nasty messages on my wall, very entertaining. When you leave me a bad message, I'll remember you and hit you every chance I get. If you say 'nice stats enjoy the cash' I'll move on.

I usually say something like "Nice haul..." I just laugh when I get whacked, you know...this being A GAME.

Bobar
12-26-2013, 12:58 PM
should we apply for permission first? live and let die - it´s a war game

Dansgek
12-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Only etiquette i use is: Don't take out boost buildings. If you need to take mine out to raid me, I'm getting back and black out the whole base. Just don't touch the boost buildings.

Jesse21
12-26-2013, 01:20 PM
This is a war game...if they don't like to get raided they should switch to FarmVille...

That about sums it up lol

Jesse21
12-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Only etiquette i use is: Don't take out boost buildings. If you need to take mine out to raid me, I'm getting back and black out the whole base. Just don't touch the boost buildings.
if I need to I will drop the composite factory.

SPWD

Kinda this but if you attack or raid me first I'll do what I have to!

Drakhoan

Well if we are going there I would like to suggest they try their thumbs at crushing some sweet candy...

Richard79
12-26-2013, 01:26 PM
When i raid if its available ill take it no questions asked and dont normaly leave a message but seen as its the festive period i have been leavin the odd......merry xmas to me...... if ppl come come moanin i unlease hell with my stam till they shut up! Its a war game and i have been hit many a time. It happens get over it. If you dont want to be raided then collect it......SIMPLES!!!!

SPWD
12-26-2013, 01:31 PM
When i raid if its available ill take it no questions asked and dont normaly leave a message but seen as its the festive period i have been leavin the odd......merry xmas to me...... if ppl come come moanin i unlease hell with my stam till they shut up! Its a war game and i have been hit many a time. It happens get over it. If you dont want to be raided then collect it......SIMPLES!!!!

Yep,this too,I get raided by sup etc all the time,sometimes like savage il say did you really need that 5 m lol,also I fell sleep the other day and my buildings were ready to collect and I lost around 36m.....don't fall sleep lol,don't blame anyone else for yourself not collecting,it's your fault!

stephen2013
12-26-2013, 02:04 PM
It's a war game for crying out loud. I don't get why people freak out when their base gets raided or they're attacked. I kinda thought that was, you know....expected? -_-

I never do pvp, except when I'm just short for an upgrade. I only hit bigger payout buildings, and I do it in silence. I've had few cases where people have left mean comments. I'll write back with a comment much like my first two sentences of this post, but I don't feel the need to find them and black out their base.

tyberious
12-26-2013, 02:05 PM
i raid til they complain then hit them hard when they sleep

Kill Joy
12-26-2013, 02:31 PM
I love when someone blasts me for raiding their base. If its not me than someone else will take it. Don't ever shy away from taking someones money. Cause others will not shy away from taking yours!

LosKevanos
12-26-2013, 03:26 PM
It's simple... You don't want to be raided, increase your stats to limit the quantity of those who can raid you, increase your battle rank to prevent lower rank profiling further limiting the quantity of people raiding you, utilize defense buildings to help against overmatch raids, and most importantly... collect your money! Get buildings on a 12/24/48 collection schedule and set alarms a minute prior so you have time to be in position the minute they start lighting up... Focus upgrades only on those buildings and leave the others to the wind. This is a war game as has been said multiple times... It's named modern war, not modern peace, or modern farming... Those that were raided have nobody to blame but themselves for not taking the necessary steps and precautions to secure their investments. I have no sympathy... I need money for faction upgrades, building upgrades, and LE building purchases... Wanna cry on my wall and recruit your friends to revenge me? Fine... I delete your message just like any other and they won't get my 12/24/48 hour buildings because of my prudence which are all I care about... I can easily leave my boosts and defense buildings blacked out to further thwart them and soon they lose interest until the next fragile ego gets shattered in another massive 50-100mil raid.

Jesse21
12-26-2013, 03:28 PM
How do I raid someone off a post on my wall? Do you just go search for their name? I know you can hit attack or revenge if they hit you, but what if they only talk?

AlexFoo
12-26-2013, 03:33 PM
500k and up, and I take them all. those that post a message I seek out and raid repeatedly. its a dog eat dog world out there. I leave messages like "please upgrade your LE's more so I can get money" to those with EVERY LE but all at level 1. lol.

its fun.

partcrash
12-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Lol. No limit. Don't bully or insult. I personally don't say anything and don't get into trolling exchanges.

I expect the same when somebody raids me.

It is just a stupid game.

Duncan00
12-26-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm like this post and am glad someone brought it up. It seems in the past month I have been getting a lot of people complaining that I raid them and raid them often. Now when I raid I go thru my rivals list and only go to people that are ranked spec ops and higher, if they have buildings that pay out more then 300k I hit them, I hit them all. I've had someone two days ago tell me that I'm not spossed to hit them because we have high stats that I'm sposses to hit players with lower stats then mine. In the same sentence he told me to tell one of my faction mates thanks for the cash. So that makes nonsense he can raid my faction but I can't raid him? Maybe I should tell y'all that I do lower my allies because it seems there is more to raid at that level...does that matter? Should I not raid players with stats similar or higher stats then mine? It's a war game all, if someone blacked out my base I would suck it up as a lose.

Jesse21
12-26-2013, 05:37 PM
I had a person complain I beat them and I shouldn't because his stats were much LOWER than mine. In his world I should look for people with stats close to mine. Lol.

He also said I was a hacker because of my whopping 2 mill defense at the time lol.

Dirty Mind
12-26-2013, 07:01 PM
I usually laugh at them, its the best way to get under their skin, then I keep the messages up hoping that if I find them I will raid them again and they will come back and see their own messages still up on my wall. I have about a dozen still up.

Chris_
12-26-2013, 07:41 PM
I love it when people cry on my wall. That just gives me more incentive to totally black it out next time. Theirs a lot of pissed off people around my lvl. Lol

Goldilucks
12-26-2013, 09:49 PM
I love to raid. I only have 600k iph and am now addicted to getting the decent units from upgrading LE buildings. From thinking 100mil to afford an LE building last month was never going to happen with my 7mil vault to just getting to level 4 on my Cuba building i have learned a few things.

A) Have at least 50 stamina so that if you need fast cash, that 10 gold to refill stamina will be used 100%

B) Only hit high income buildings. For me I will only hit a building if it will yield .5mil in 3 hits.

C) This is the most important. Cover a lot of ground. Quick scan through your rivals list and view stats. Don't waste your time scanning their base unless they have a minimum 750k IPH. For me at level 120, that's about 1 in 20 people but believe me... You find a lot more high value raid-able buildings this way in a shorter amount of time.

When I hit a base for 25mil plus I always leave a thank you note on their wall. It eases their pain a little bit. I know I get a little upset when my big buildings get hit but it's part of the game and I know I can get back 20 fold of what I was raided in less than an hour of raiding.

Dan Cai
12-27-2013, 02:14 AM
Yes I recognise you're name, I think you have been a victim of my raiding. ;-)

Bndawgs
12-27-2013, 06:35 AM
i like getting attacked by people with $15M IPH. i mean did you really need that $3.6M when you already had $600M in the bank? cracks me up

aBigDek
12-27-2013, 07:39 AM
The only etiquette that should be in place is leave people's Hospitals alone. The only people that benefit from making a player lose units is Gree. I don't understand why some do that. Otherwise...raid away! If I miss my collections I hope one of my MW friends is the one to get it. Good luck to all this weekend!

Luke7676
12-27-2013, 07:56 AM
To me, this is just a game.. a very addicting game give you.. but still, just a game. I give no remorse to any rival that is in my sights. As long as they have buildings uncollected with larger payouts, then I am bringing the rain. That's the name of the game anyways.. If I get raided or attacked, so be it. I am fine with that, being because I can go make that cash back with ease within a few minutes.

If someone were to talk trash back to me, then me being the sporting type that I am.. I would demolish there base in return. Maybe that would teach them a lesson or two, and O'well if it doesn't. I still had fun doing it! :P

So I say, if you have the chance, take it!

Jesse21
12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Cảm ơn chủ thớt, đúng topic mėnh đang tėm kiếm
----------------------
hoc lai xe oto (http://www.dayhoclaixeoto.com/)

thank all cutting boards, I'm looking right topic ki

alphacharlie
12-27-2013, 08:53 AM
How do I raid someone off a post on my wall?

I wish there was a way! LMK

I Am Legend
12-27-2013, 09:29 AM
The more you cry the more I raid you simple as that.

Mongo
12-27-2013, 01:56 PM
I am in the no etiquette camp, raiding is raiding. And yes, the guy w/15M IPH needs cash, when going for than 1.7B upgrade. Raiding is IMO a victimless 'crime', they still get some $ and you are only stealing what they haven't collected it yet. While I'm there, hell yeah, I attack people too if I can get away with it. 12 hits at 300K isn't as good as a lvl 6 arctic driller, but it all adds up.

Henrik Y
12-27-2013, 02:57 PM
It's not cool to visit one player twice every hour and raid everything for one week straight until he falls out of you're news list!

Esohceekayes
12-28-2013, 06:22 PM
I had one guy hit me pretty hard- unfortunately I was out of cell/wi-fi range when my buildings were ready to collect. I simply said on his wall, "Congrats, enjoy the cash" and now he hasn't stopped f*cking with me for about two months. This is bullish*t. Hooray for him. Seriously. But now he's attacking the sh*t out of me, and attacking every single building on my entire base, no matter what it is. If I could reach through the phone and slap the sh*t out of him, I would.

Mastert55!
12-28-2013, 06:39 PM

Same here, I raid more than 300 times or hits a day. I raid in silence, no comments, no posts or tag backs. But I do admit, a while ago, one person had been raiding me daily for weeks, took about a billion total. I spammed the crap out of them but then the next day apologized, eventually he left me alone or probably leveled up above me. I come to realizes that its a war game, **** happens, people raid and pillage your base and there is really nothing you can do but collect your buildings on time.

shokki
12-28-2013, 08:12 PM
well its a war game, but in my etiquette i try not to,attack same people if possible. I mean, loot is nice but not always from the same poor guy, i feel too bully

cousingeorge
12-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Whenever I get raided I treat it like paying taxes. Sucks but part of the process... Thief raids me every so often but never leaves a message. I'm hurt!!

Yodaman!

Anty
12-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Sometimes for fun, when someone raids me(which doesn't happen too often), I leave them a little message like "buy yourself something nice toots". it's funny to me when the raider gets uptight and threatens me after they raided me. I get messages from people i raid either crying or making threats. i don't get it, are they above the games rules? raiding and attacking is part of the game, its why Gree gives rewards like +25% when raiding. Collect your money or get raided sometimes, but please dont cry.

PowerlessRise
12-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Etiquette is overrated.. if you're not getting hate messages on yer wall, your not playing the game right

RedRoom
12-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Etiquette is overrated.. if you're not getting hate messages on yer wall, your not playing the game right

Awesome...so very true.

Hellish
12-30-2013, 04:02 PM
take it all. if they want to keep the cash they should collect their buildings. Just don't be a jerk in messages. It just makes the game that much less fun.

Esohceekayes
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
The biggest hypocrite I've seen on the forums in a long time...

buster67
12-31-2013, 07:46 PM
I hit one guy who posted on my wall (in French) a death threat and another who was upset that I attacked someone flying the same flag as me. Both pretty laughable really, some guys get their panties in a wad over some imaginary cash in a game.

I did post on one guys wall after I had raided him and he then levelled every building on my base twice a day for about a week. I asked him how he was going to get all of his toys back in his pram.....lol. strangely after that he stopped, perhaps sanity struck him.