PDA

View Full Version : Tips for holding onto cash past vault limit?

rex8499
12-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Now reaching $2M IPH, and affording buildings that are far beyond the vault limit proves difficult. I can get from 90 to 135M just in one collection of most buildings, but how do people get far out beyond that for upgrades without losing all your cash? Anytime I've tried to hold onto anything, it gets stolen from attacks as fast as I can bring it in. It seems impossible that anyone would be able to collect billions for the lvl 10 upgrades on some of these buildings.

Is there a maximum amount that you can lose in attacks in a day?

Is there some other way to effectively hold on to some of the cash?

UncleLeo
12-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Buy palm trees and sell them when you need the cash.

Rade
12-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Buy palm trees and sell them when you need the cash.
How informative and helpful! Why is this forum filled with trolls nowadays? I feel this is Gree's fault by lacking in customer service somehow.

alphakennybody
12-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Get strong and collect fast, don't worry about attacks, worry about raids (they hurt), and keep growing iph you're getting to where you make it faster than it can be took just be patient and don't let the ATTACKS worry you.

P.S. Be friendly, because at one time folks use to try and bully me but never made mean comments just good sportsmanship comments but the ones leaving smart remarks(I remembered them ;) ) now I'm back!

chinton00
12-24-2013, 01:11 PM
There is a limit to how often you can be attacked, we have all seen the too beat up. There is a limit for how many players can do it, in a period of time, I am not confident, enough in my information, to tell you how many can. The key is to collect your buildings and raid others at a greater pace, than you loose. Once you can find the raid targets to do that, you are golden.

Blade of 3
12-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I usually have 500m+ over vault but that's because my stats are decent for my level. If that's difficult for you to do, try upgrading your 48 hour buildings so you can collect as much as possible in one collect.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
12-24-2013, 01:56 PM
...Is there a maximum amount that you can lose in attacks in a day?...

You can only be attacked a maximum of 12 times, then you can not be attacked for 2-hours (cooldown period) but you can still be raided.

The most you can lose in a single PvP attack is 300,000 (3.6mil with 12 attacks / 43.2mil per day depending on your overvault). I doubt that you will be attacked every 2-hours in a 24 hour period. I'm sure it may have happened to someone, but it has to be a rarity.

J V
12-24-2013, 02:04 PM
If your iph is 2 mil, and you can only get jacked about 6-9 mil a day, your still profiting over 15mil a day, with out raiding

rex8499
12-24-2013, 02:16 PM
The most you can lose in a single PvP attack is 300,000 (3.6mil with 12 attacks / 43.2mil per day depending on your overvault). I doubt that you will be attacked every 2-hours in a 24 hour period.

That's the most helpful thing here. Thanks! Still got a ways to go though before I can absorb that much in a day and still move forward, but I'll get there. The biggest thing hurting me right now is that I stayed loyal to a weaker faction for too long, leveling up while trying to finish the FLTQ's, and failing to finish and get the rewards. So now I'm L 180 with only 1M D and losses when attacked are increasing dramatically. Just joined a stronger faction, so hopefully my D stats increase drastically here in a short amount of time to better protect myself. I've lost nearly $20M in a day before, and it only stopped there because I was back down to my vault limit. lol.

iZheil9152
12-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Upgrade the expensive buildings that you can sell

Like the nanotech, you can hide 50M+ in that and rebuild it later
Or the rail gun, if you upgrade it (time consuming!)

whitefire
12-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Three things:
1 don't worry about it, it's only 3,6m. That will get less and less important as your iph grows
2 get a high defense. Mine's pretty good and attackscare rare
3 if all else fails, the palm trees, gauss cannons etc option is a viabls one. You'll lose fifty percent in the process and is a real pain, but it's fail safe. The second poster wasn't trolling.

Area51z
12-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Quite a few of our faction "went green" and used the 50,000$ palm tree method. Forests everywhere. Lol. And the nano tech buildings. Now we are max vault. Still need to use em sometimes.

Area51z
12-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Us Hawaii players make Forrest's. We buy the $ 50,000 palm trees and make Forrest of 10 x 10. That's $ 2.5 million per Forrest when redeemed back. It's a lot of button pushing but effective.

tinhlemoilen
12-24-2013, 05:46 PM
thi công sơn bả hãy đến DVN công ty chúng tôi chuyên thi công sơn bả (http://vinanha.net/chi-tiet-sp/326/1494/thi-cong-son-ba.html), trang trí nội thất (http://vinanha.net/san-pham/260/noi-that.html), ngoại thất với giá cả hợp lý nhất. hãy gọi cho dvn.vn (http://www.dvn.vn/trang-chu.html) chúng tôi để được giá tốt nhất 0916930381

MajikUF
12-24-2013, 07:48 PM
You can only be attacked a maximum of 12 times, then you can not be attacked for 2-hours (cooldown period) but you can still be raided.

The most you can lose in a single PvP attack is 300,000 (3.6mil with 12 attacks / 43.2mil per day depending on your overvault). I doubt that you will be attacked every 2-hours in a 24 hour period. I'm sure it may have happened to someone, but it has to be a rarity.

I recently asked support this very question and I got a response that the forum might be interested in. I think they meant to write that attacks increase by 1 with every 4 levels, but I am just pasting what they wrote me.

Recent changes have made it so that the amount of times you may lose to an attack before being "too beat up" increase by approximately 4 attacks with each level:

Level 1 - You may lose 3 times in 2 hours

Level 250 - You may lose 62 times in 2 hours

If you are able to successfully defend against attacks you may be attacked infinitely. Revenge attacks and Raids are not included in these calculations.

DFI
12-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Hopefully you find this to be helpful, but given your stats, I'd actually recommend starting over. I did it myself after I realized I made a ton of mistakes. I made some new ones with my current account, but doing much better. There is a very low bar that you will hit going forward and rather than investing more time in a weak account, you may want to put all of your learnings into a new one. Understand that many of us who aren't in SUP or level 175+ are still adding at least 1-4 million in stats per month given the current inflation. Good luck.

Wallaster27
12-24-2013, 10:59 PM
When I had that iph I used my nano techs to get a qucj 20 million for selling them. I also go to the last couple of mission maps and prep the strongest guy. Because you can get almost 20 mil when you beat them. I can easily get 100 mil from using that. But only do the ones that you can attack for free. & like others said don't worry about attacks. Everyone gets attacked. I lush when I get attacked because I only lose a small percentages of my money. What hurts is getting raided. You lose one half of your potential earnings. So make sure to collect as many building as you can at the same time. I have 200 mil right now but haven't lost a dime because of my high defense. And to raise your defense upgrade your boost buildings. & if you don't have the composite factory buy it. If your serious about this game it will be the best gold you've ever spent. My defense is double my attack because of that & other bonuses. Hope this helps

J V
12-25-2013, 08:40 AM
I recently asked support this very question and I got a response that the forum might be interested in. I think they meant to write that attacks increase by 1 with every 4 levels, but I am just pasting what they wrote me.oh nice I was unaware of that formula!

Justrain
12-25-2013, 09:31 AM
You can also pre-stage high-value boss targets on the later maps. Leave 1 hit to finish. Sgt Benton on the last map pays like 15-22 mill or so. When you're ready to upgrade just finish the target off and collect the reward from it and build your building.

Sinner
12-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Anyone way over vault should just post your level and Name here or start a new list. That way we won't attack you if your on the list ! Really helps if you just don't attack or raid anyone else also. I only attack people who have attacked me first.

kikl
12-25-2013, 11:54 AM
try dropping allies, thats what i did, still get nailed every once in a while while nut when i do it hurts, they take over 100 million in raids

Luuzer
12-25-2013, 04:06 PM
1) collect always on time
2) prep high stats map bosses
3) use nanos/rail guns/nuclear plants/space centers selling option as extra money
4) raid 24/7 to get more money and earn more than U lose
5) on ltq, buy two at the start, upgrade them both, then couple of days before the end collect money for one getting as high upgrade as U can get, sell other ltq building for extra money and buy it back during wartime ;)

if U raid the same amount than U get attacked for, then Ur still at win, cause collecting buildings give U more money ;)

UncleLeo
12-25-2013, 04:48 PM
How informative and helpful! Why is this forum filled with trolls nowadays? I feel this is Gree's fault by lacking in customer service somehow.

I'm not a troll. That's literally what i did when vaults were 10M and i needed to buy 2 anniversary buildings.

rex8499
12-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone. There's a few things I've done myself and a few new ideas too (like finishing off map leaders, which I have all 100% prepped already).

I just joined a new top 200 faction so hopefully my stats increase fast here shortly. Just with the new bonuses I won more when being attacked today.

Sumiala
12-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by Gree Support Ticket
Recent changes have made it so that the amount of times you may lose to an attack before being "too beat up" increase by approximately 4 attacks with each level:

Level 1 - You may lose 3 times in 2 hours

Level 250 - You may lose 62 times in 2 hours

If you are able to successfully defend against attacks you may be attacked infinitely. Revenge attacks and Raids are not included in these calculations.

I fail to understand how these maths work.
I am level 161 and get a max attack of 12 (by one person).

Selling buildings is a good one, but you only get 50% of the purchase price I believe, not the upgraded price.
My tip, make sure you have all boost buildings (four for cash and composite for gold) and upgrade these all to level 10.

SGT Rud
12-26-2013, 05:40 AM

I do believe this is per attacker. ie, I can lose 3.6mil per person attacking me. You can get attacked for 3.6 mil by multiple people in that 2 hour period, but, I do believe it is an 8 hour period. We have several in my faction with the same rivals listings as we are of similiar level. We will share OV targets all the time.

Tip 1 - Have a larger income than what people are taking from you. This is not including collecting your base. You were already going to receive that income. You should be raiding your money back. You can pull far more out of hit of stamina on a raid than the 300K for an attack.

Tip 2 - Since you can generally raid a decent person with a defense well above your attack (ie 4mil atk raiding a 6mil def), but with attacking a rival, you typically need a rival with a lower defense than your attack to win, so even unvaulted money in your bank is more protected than sitting on your base.

Tip 3 - UncleLeo was correct. Trees and other decorations can be used to get some quick cash, but isnt a sufficient amount to bulk up for a massive LE upgrade, but will add a bit to your stash. Defensive buildings can also be used for this purpose, and the Nano building is a decent one to used as well. Try to never sell something that has been upgraded as its not the money your dumping, its the time youve invested.

Tip 4 - Pre-staging works wonders. Go find yourself some permanent NPCs on the maps that pay well, and pre-stage them to the last hit, then when you are about to hit the amount you need for your upgrade, go hit the last hit on that NPC for your loot.

Tip 5 - Dont draw attention to yourself. If you get attacked or raided, DO NOT retaliate. DO NOT message their wall.

Gen CheeBye
12-26-2013, 06:54 AM
I do believe this is per attacker. ie, I can lose 3.6mil per person attacking me. You can get attacked for 3.6 mil by multiple people in that 2 hour period, but, I do believe it is an 8 hour period. We have several in my faction with the same rivals listings as we are of similiar level. We will share OV targets all the time.

Tip 1 - Have a larger income than what people are taking from you. This is not including collecting your base. You were already going to receive that income. You should be raiding your money back. You can pull far more out of hit of stamina on a raid than the 300K for an attack.

Tip 2 - Since you can generally raid a decent person with a defense well above your attack (ie 4mil atk raiding a 6mil def), but with attacking a rival, you typically need a rival with a lower defense than your attack to win, so even unvaulted money in your bank is more protected than sitting on your base.

Tip 3 - UncleLeo was correct. Trees and other decorations can be used to get some quick cash, but isnt a sufficient amount to bulk up for a massive LE upgrade, but will add a bit to your stash. Defensive buildings can also be used for this purpose, and the Nano building is a decent one to used as well. Try to never sell something that has been upgraded as its not the money your dumping, its the time youve invested.

Tip 4 - Pre-staging works wonders. Go find yourself some permanent NPCs on the maps that pay well, and pre-stage them to the last hit, then when you are about to hit the amount you need for your upgrade, go hit the last hit on that NPC for your loot.

Tip 5 - Dont draw attention to yourself. If you get attacked or raided, DO NOT retaliate. DO NOT message their wall.

If you raid someone that has higher stats, be prepared for some payback. And sometimes, the payback can be a b!atch. Nothing wrong with it except you have to collect your cash on time. Some people are known to camp at your base to exact some form of revenge and it can last from days to weeks and some go to the extreme and stalk you for months.

SGT Rud
12-26-2013, 09:29 AM
If you raid someone that has higher stats, be prepared for some payback. And sometimes, the payback can be a b!atch. Nothing wrong with it except you have to collect your cash on time. Some people are known to camp at your base to exact some form of revenge and it can last from days to weeks and some go to the extreme and stalk you for months.

Correct, however, most peoples defense is far higher than their attack, therefore if my attack is equal to your defense, then your attack is lower than your defense, and my defense is higher than my attack. If I can barely raid you (ie a few failed raids) your attack is more than likely too low to hit my larger defense.

lets make this as an example

me - 2mil/3mil
you -1mil/2mil
I can attack you, but you are going to have a really hard time attacking me.

lets extend this even further

me - 5mil/7mil
you -3mil/5mil
Same thing applies

lets look at even higher

me - 9mil/13mil
you -7mil/9mil

Yes, when you keep going up and up, you can raid even higher, but for those of us with players in the singles and teens...
But for those in the below 1 mil range, it is even more detrimental to watch your rivals as the atk/def stats are not that far apart.

All this said, anyone who pops up in your news feed, I would be willing to bet that a large percentage of the time, they have looked at your stats and have won, or gambled and lost, but would probably be too high for you to chance it back. If you lose on a chance, you have alerted them to being OV and opened an easy way to your base without alerting you to their presence. If someone wants to return fire to me, generally they have to attack me back as I am not careless enough to raid or attack outside what I know I can win. So when they hit me back, I know they are there when my feed pops up. I may need to hurry back to my base and collect if I think anything is there. If I lose, they can hit the raid button and come to my base without warning and look around.

Thief
12-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Correct, however, most peoples defense is far higher than their attack, therefore if my attack is equal to your defense, then your attack is lower than your defense, and my defense is higher than my attack. If I can barely raid you (ie a few failed raids) your attack is more than likely too low to hit my larger defense.

Honest not sure that statement holds true anymore. Most of the rivals i've come across are pretty even and those at the top have 10-20% more attack than defense.

In addition with raiding being the most effective way of getting money back you only need 75% of your opponents defense to hit their LE buildings.

Granted everyone rivals list looks different depending on what level your in.

With that being said i completely agree with the advice on holding onto more cash.

rex8499
12-26-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm good about collecting my cash on time. I have timers for the 48, 24, and 12 hour buildings to alert me when they're ready, so I rarely get raided (except for those darn Romanic Cathedrals and their strange 7 hour time).

Drakhoan
12-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Log in all the time and collect like a mad man. Only raid to finish saving for an upgrade... you want to lurk in the shadows. I have employed this and it is working pretty well, but you still have to be able to shake it off and get back on after being taken for a wild ride of raids and attacks that killed you bank account.

Gen CheeBye
12-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Honest not sure that statement holds true anymore. Most of the rivals i've come across are pretty even and those at the top have 10-20% more attack than defense.

In addition with raiding being the most effective way of getting money back you only need 75% of your opponents defense to hit their LE buildings.

Granted everyone rivals list looks different depending on what level your in.

With that being said i completely agree with the advice on holding onto more cash.

Agreed, most people have lvl 10 composite factory and taking it out means the defense stats advantage will be lost. Cash is king, the more you hold, the safer it will be. Uncollected cash is likely to be plundered if someone chances upon it.

As for Sgt Rud, all I can say is I only speak from my own experience. I've met up with the good, the bad and the ugly side of MW players.

Deck
12-26-2013, 05:00 PM
It's all been said. The formula I use is 80%. I take care when dealing with looters that 'can' beat me. Often I can go back and take from them with ease, but I also know they know the principle. Mark them and they have you marked. It's their style. Generally. Other times it's just fun.