PDA

View Full Version : The Forum Hall Of Fame - call for Selection Committee

mxz
12-23-2013, 11:27 AM
As part of the ongoing and tireless efforts to stimulate and engage the forum community a selection committee will be assembled to vote and induct their fellow community members into the CC forum hall of fame.

Over the years there have been many outstanding and productive members that deserve to be honored for their contributions.

The selection committee will be tasked with establishing rules for, and voting on, admission to the HOF.

We're not ready to nominate inductees yet, but I'd like to open the floor for nominees for the selection committee. Its preferred that you nominate someone else but feel free to nominate yourself, as well.

With your nomination please include a link to their profile page(s) and a description of why they'd be good for the selection committee. In our selection committee we are prioritizing traits such as seniority, activity, diversity in era (of their main activity). These nominees do not have to be well known names, big contributors, or even currently active posters - but we do need a way to contact them (email, messenger app, carrier pigeon, etc).

The exact number on the committee will be determined by feedback, number of quality nominations, and our ability to create a diverse and knowledgable group.

jmeijer
12-23-2013, 11:34 AM
This is a good idea! There are several people who would be a good addition to this committee.

I would nominate The Reaper ( http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?61088-The-Reaper ) for his excellent work with LTQ threads. I could nominate BigMoney too for this, but I haven't seen him post for a while and I think that he is banned currently?

montecore
12-23-2013, 11:56 AM
I accept your nomination.

HavingFun
12-23-2013, 12:08 PM
+1 for Monte

Fredfreddy
12-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Syn
http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?16909-Syn
He made a bunch of useful guides back in the day, and he aggregated guides which are hilariously still stickied even though ridiculously out of date. This was back when the forums were 80% strategy and 20% drama. I doubt you can get in touch with him though, maybe someone out there still around knows him IRL?... but he deserves a nomination, he really did contribute more than anyone else I can think of since the beginning.

itzkakarot
http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?26632-itzkakarot
best hood planning XLS by far.. still live off of it to chase the optimal upgrade, I think he quit since he stopped posting. I don't want to post his personal email but he posted it quite a few times on the forum so it can be dug up if he wins.

I would have nominated duder too, but I didn't agree with his approach to hood planning, but he wrote several novels about it....

Guisseppe17
12-23-2013, 12:35 PM
I accept your nomination.
What was that other comment from the other thread about narcissism?

Max Power
12-23-2013, 12:40 PM
There are a number of people like Tramp Stamp back in the day that are no longer here to accept the honor. They have all been replaced by blowhards like Montecore.

Luv4SAS
12-23-2013, 01:19 PM
I suggest replacing Montecore with Molly's Voice. He has more credibility.

Ciara
12-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I think the OP was asking for nominees for the selection committee, not for those you all want in the HoF. And all the names so far sound like candidates for the HoF. I'm not sure you usually find the Oscar committee adjudicating on themselves. That would take Montecoreanism to new heights, even in here. :p

cave man kid
12-23-2013, 02:28 PM
I think The billionaire would be great for this but as many would agree when it comes time for a hof
his name should be there too

mxz
12-23-2013, 03:01 PM
I think the OP was asking for nominees for the selection committee, not for those you all want in the HoF. And all the names so far sound like candidates for the HoF. I'm not sure you usually find the Oscar committee adjudicating on themselves. That would take Montecoreanism to new heights, even in here. :pCorrect. This is just for a solid group that can debate the HOF nominees (we will have a thread for the actual HOF nominees in the future) and the committee will ultimately vote on those nominations.

The reason for a trustworthy selection committee rather than popular vote is so it doesn't become a one syndicate orgy like the main page. Also, current members don't necessarily know about or have the full history (or time to learn that history) of the all time greats.

Sir Reddevil
12-23-2013, 03:11 PM
I vote for the forums biggest troll, which is..?

Luv4SAS
12-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Somewhat reminiscent of this old poll: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?45095-True-crime-city-legend!&highlight=Lupo+poll

CCKallDAY
12-23-2013, 03:40 PM
I vote for the forums biggest troll, which is..?How 'bout Dipstik?

sister morphine
12-23-2013, 04:43 PM
I'd like to nominate Max Power for this committee

Guisseppe17
12-23-2013, 04:49 PM
See, what did I tell ya. First ya give em online forums and freedom of speech, and next thing ya know they go around electing committees.

KING Mr932
12-23-2013, 05:03 PM
There are a number of people like Tramp Stamp back in the day that are no longer here to accept the honor. They have all been replaced by blowhards like Montecore.

Don't forget blowhards like that Molly popping Max Power..

KING Mr932
12-23-2013, 05:06 PM
@ sir reddevil I would have to go with Tzora on that one.

Guisseppe17
12-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Don't forget blowhards like that Molly popping Max Power..
Mmm, so telling off a massive a-hole makes you a blowhard? What a wonderful world we live in....

And to clarify, the a-hole was Molly, not montecore (reserving judgement on that one).

KING Mr932
12-23-2013, 05:08 PM
How about forum most helpful mod?

KING Mr932
12-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Mmm, so telling off a massive a-hole makes you a blowhard? What a wonderful world we live in....

Who was told off? It sure is a nice world lmao

panty sniffer
12-23-2013, 06:17 PM
I was going to say either Billionaire or BigMoney. Anyone who goes through the trouble to make spreadsheets and guides for the community deserves mad props " like Reaper", but because BigMoney has the wit and fearlessness to sacrifice his Funzio account to expose cheaters, he has my vote.

SNEAKERJUNKY
12-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Big Money & Dippy

bravo 6 vk
12-23-2013, 08:50 PM
BigMoney has the wit and fearlessness to sacrifice his Funzio account to expose cheaters, he has my vote.
Ditto. BM has my vote too :)

PedroPimples
12-24-2013, 04:28 AM
I'd like to put myself forward for a spot on the commitee. Ive been here since day 1 almost, know a lot about everything, have been nominated previously for top players, and I am one of the few who would be able to tolerate working alongside MxZ.

Molly's Voice
12-24-2013, 06:26 AM
I'd like to put myself forward for a spot on the commitee. Ive been here since day 1 almost, know a lot about everything, have been nominated previously for top players, and I am one of the few who would be able to tolerate working alongside MxZ.

In that case, I nominate myself as well. I too have been here from the beginning, am known to have a quiet humbleness about myself, and let's face it....I have a pretty sweet physique. Together...MXZ, Pedro, and Muscles will form the triumvirate of awesome. Stop thinking now and make it happen.

Fredfreddy
12-24-2013, 07:01 AM

Care to reveal yourself? I've been assuming you were Big Money...

CCKallDAY
12-24-2013, 07:04 AM
I nominate The Reaper.

Flapjacks
12-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Typically Hall of fame formatting doesn't call for people to nominate themselves. Nominating oneself should be grounds to to deny acceptance.

GucciMane
12-24-2013, 09:06 AM
In that case, I nominate myself as well. I too have been here from the beginning, am known to have a quiet humbleness about myself, and let's face it....I have a pretty sweet physique. Together...MXZ, Pedro, and Muscles will form the triumvirate of awesome. Stop thinking now and make it happen.

I'll vote for you only if you work on your delts. They just aren't keeping up with your pecs brah.

PedroPimples
12-24-2013, 09:56 AM
We are nominating ourselves for the committee to work on who should be inducted, not for ourselves to be put in.

I'm pretty sure there will be many others do that for us.
Molly, I will second your vote.

I reveal myself, I am Pedro Pimples. I would never have the meltdown BM did.

Molly's Voice
12-24-2013, 11:10 AM
I would never have the meltdown BM did.

Well I should hope not. Poor form on BMs part letting Teach troll him like that. Certainly not what legends are made of.

Fredfreddy
12-24-2013, 11:44 AM
I find the whole Molly thing extremely entertaining, so I agree that he should have a spot similar to Dipstik (who I assume is Molly, for the record) The idea of pretending to be part of a Syndicate, trolling the **** out of everyone, then having people retaliate by wailing on the Mollys is both brilliant and hilarious. What's funniest is that the true Mollys occasionally like to pop onto the forum and defend the fact that he's not a member yet 95% of folks still think it's true. And additional kudos for that pic, it really could not have supported the entire thing any better.

I won't deny that WWE-style fighting on this forum is one of the most entertaining parts of this game.

@Pedro, your join date and his quit date were similar, and your topics are similar (exposing cheating) .. sorry .. I just assumed, no offense meant.

PedroPimples
12-24-2013, 12:22 PM
No it's cool mate no offense taken.

Luv4SAS
12-24-2013, 03:02 PM
LOL, you got it backwards. Teach was so butthurt about me living in his hood for weeks that he bragged about reporting me to support for constantly "harassing" him and felt his only recourse was to cry on the forum about it. Surely a member of the feared Molly syndicate understands what it is like to drive his rivals to complete hopelessness.

Also, I'm not PedroPimples or anyone here. People can still find me via kakao if they so desire.

Edit:

Just pointing out all 3 of you are (former) HTC members.

LMAO- Haven't seen you on the forum in ages, and <surprise> now you're back. Congrats on being trolled to the point that you felt compelled to create a new account, and come back to defend yourself......Quite sad actually.

Next year, maybe you can add "Big Money- Being trolled since 2013" to your signature.

PedroPimples
12-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Just pointing out all 3 of you are (former) HTC members.

This statement is incorrect.

Molly's Voice
12-24-2013, 03:13 PM
This statement is incorrect.

^truth

I have never been a member of htc. They could never handle my smug.

PedroPimples
12-24-2013, 03:36 PM
^truth

I have never been a member of htc. They could never handle my smug.

Quoted for truth brah.

Captain Torgue
12-24-2013, 03:47 PM

Your join date is November 2013. That is not day 1!

PedroPimples
12-24-2013, 03:49 PM
And you've cheated for a long time but what's your point?

CCC-syn
12-25-2013, 10:21 AM
I would nominate The Reaper ( http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?61088-The-Reaper ) for his excellent work with LTQ threads.

+1

( i need 10 characters in order to post)

Captain Torgue
12-25-2013, 04:14 PM
And you've cheated for a long time but what's your point?

That you obviously haven't been here from day 1 if your join date is only a month ago.

PedroPimples
12-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Your join date is aug 2013 but you've been here with your glitches since before that.
And yet still your a cheat. Seeing as you've been trying to accuse me of being different people you obviously know nothing.
But you carry on stalking me, trying to discredit me and with your cheating.
Keep bringing down the name of SAS even further with your glitched stats.

HenryVIII
12-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Interesting.

Max Power
12-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Could you two please knock it off? There are plenty of threads for you to go back and forth. Dont litter every thread with this same BS debate, please.....

sister morphine
12-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Interesting.
Long time no see Henry :)

HenryVIII
12-25-2013, 09:12 PM
How are you, SM?
I pop in and still read a few threads every now and then. Lurking in the shadows :)

N41LZ
12-26-2013, 02:03 AM
That you obviously haven't been here from day 1 if your join date is only a month ago.

Is Derchef still around? Grimmy may know

sister morphine
12-26-2013, 02:18 AM
How are you, SM?
I pop in and still read a few threads every now and then. Lurking in the shadows :)
Don't blame you. This place is a pale shadow of what it used to be. Seeing your avatar again brightened my morning :D

I'm ok thanks. Getting a bit disillusioned with the game - the dumb change to rivals might be the last straw.

PedroPimples
12-26-2013, 02:21 AM
The rivals list change is a terrible idea. It didn't work in mw, why is it going to work here?
Change it back gree and mark it down as another one of your shoddy and ill thought out ideas.

Captain Torgue
12-26-2013, 06:09 AM
Your join date is aug 2013 but you've been here with your glitches since before that.

Impossible if my join date is August :)

PedroPimples
12-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Nope. Because you keep changing accounts because of all your bans. As if ingame cheating isn't enough you have to continuously break ToS as well.
Max I left it again, yet grimmy has an obsession with me. Infatuated because I bought his cheating to everyone's eyes.

Captain Torgue
12-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Nope. Because you keep changing accounts because of all your bans.

Hang on, didn't you say you have been here since day 1? If that's the case it is you who has been creating multiple accounts. Who can trust you when you break Grees TOS. You should feel ashamed but I bet you don't.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Is there any way to avoid assigning CC Elitists to this committee? You know, the ones that whine about how the game used to be fun and how back in their day blah blah blah...

How about picking some "commoner" that isnt here to make a statement, but rather to play the game. You know, the type of player that actually comes to the forum for help and advice; the kind of person that actually benefits from the forum in their game.

PedroPimples
12-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Hang on, didn't you say you have been here since day 1? If that's the case it is you who has been creating multiple accounts. Who can trust you when you break Grees TOS. You should feel ashamed but I bet you don't.

You don't have to have an account to read the forum. and I'm very well known ingame, not like you who has to come here and spout off and cheat to try and get noticed.

Yet again more baseless lies made up by you to try and discredit me. You have no shame, no morals and no dignity.

PedroPimples
12-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Is there any way to avoid assigning CC Elitists to this committee? You know, the ones that whine about how the game used to be fun and how back in their day blah blah blah...

How about picking some "commoner" that isnt here to make a statement, but rather to play the game. You know, the type of player that actually comes to the forum for help and advice; the kind of person that actually benefits from the forum in their game.

Well we can, but people have to have a good knowledge if past and present players. Otherwise it wouldn't be a hall of fame, just people who you like now.

Ciara
12-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Well we can, but people have to have a good knowledge if past and present players. Otherwise it wouldn't be a hall of fame, just people who you like now.Not necessarily. Nominations should be accompanied by evidence, which anyone can read and make a judgement on.

It would actually be less cliquey - and worth more kudos - to be assessed by impartial observers.

The HOF should comprise those relevant to the masses, and if that means past "personalities" miss out, then their influence was only transitory. Anyway, if they're not present in forum, I'm not sure why they'd care much. Presumably they've acquired a RL somehow.

I'm not convinced that judges should be restricted to an insular group whose dubious notoriety comprises of multiple personas and trolling.

Oops, caught myself taking this seriously. Presumably, votes can be secured through a generous donation of Uzis. ;)

PedroPimples
12-26-2013, 10:32 AM
The HOF should comprise those relevant to the masses, and if that means past "personalities" miss out, then their influence was only transitory.

See this is wrong. New young people will think people like manny pacquiao is a hall of famer, and not Ali because they are to young to know him.
Old school as well as new school people are needed to ensure this can stand the test of time.
New players would know nothing of payam, and he is probably number 1 on the hall of fame list.

Ciara
12-26-2013, 10:38 AM
See this is wrong. New young people will think people like manny pacquiao is a hall of famer, and not Ali because they are to young to know him. Old school as well as new school people are needed to ensure this can stand the test of time.New players would know nothing of payam, and he is probably number 1 on the hall of fame list.You're missing my point about evidence-based decision making.

Think of any music or theatrical HOF and the legacy past performers leave behind is there for all to see. So, in the same way, provide a three hundred word dissertation on your nominee's grounds for eligibility and you prove their case.

A name without reasons is as superficial as nominating and voting for yourself or one of your mates or even one of your past personas. Which is slightly incestuous, metaphorically speaking.

xXPoisonXx
12-26-2013, 10:56 AM
I nominate big money

PedroPimples
12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't miss your point.
We will put people forward. If you don't agree you can give a reason why. If not. We induct them.

And we don't all have past personas.

MattThomas08
12-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Interesting.

Hey hey hey Henry. Good to see you old friend :)

Max Power
12-26-2013, 12:44 PM
You're missing my point about evidence-based decision making.

All decision making is evidence based, even if the only evidence is the lack of gray matter possessed by the decision maker.

MattThomas08
12-26-2013, 12:45 PM
I nominate Sister Morphine to the committee. She is and always has been the most popular player in the game, has experience with all levels of spending and participating, knows people from high and low places, and is a sweetheart.

However, Sweet V is not to be toyed with. Don't let the name fool you, she's the evil one of the personalities.

cave man kid
12-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I nominate Sister Morphine to the committee. She is and always has been the most popular player in the game, has experience with all levels of spending and participating, knows people from high and low places, and is a sweetheart.

However, Sweet V is not to be toyed with. Don't let the name fool you, she's the evil one of the personalities..
You are right she would be a great addition

berrybladzs
12-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Haha all trolls

sister morphine
12-26-2013, 01:39 PM
However, Sweet V is not to be toyed with. Don't let the name fool you, she's the evil one of the personalities.
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y503/SisterMorphine63/5bb0bfff-0a2f-4c9a-98ec-30087c99664d_zpsf27e1905.png
Mwuhahahah! ;)

berrybladzs
12-26-2013, 01:40 PM
I nominate monte because he is a douche !and I personally nominate all the other douche members of sas past and present !!!

PedroPimples
12-26-2013, 02:08 PM
I will be happy for her to be on the committee. If she can put up with mx?

HenryVIII
12-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey hey hey Henry. Good to see you old friend :)

Good to see you too MT! How's it going? Still playing CC?

Mwuhahahah! ;)
Lol.
I'm glad to have brightened your day! Now I only wish I could ENLIGHTEN... I mean brighten Gree devs. 🌟✨🌟

MattThomas08
12-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Good to see you too MT! How's it going? Still playing CC?

Eh, sorta. I log in a few times a day to collect and help out the group, but I'm basically retired. Couldn't take the grind anymore and not really worth it anymore anyway. You playing or just CoC now?

PedroPimples
12-27-2013, 06:50 AM
CoC got boring fast.

The Toe
12-27-2013, 07:08 AM
I nominate CJ54, who else reads all these post and knows what's "proper" to post and what's not?

TZora
12-27-2013, 08:35 AM
voting for mxz.

MattThomas08
12-27-2013, 10:44 AM
I nominate Ramshutu.

HenryVIII
12-27-2013, 10:53 AM
I nominate Ramshutu.

Ol' Ram still alive? Haven't seen him in ages.

Steve0
12-27-2013, 05:19 PM
CoC got boring really fast. CC is done also. Feels good real good.✌️

wrestler84
12-27-2013, 05:31 PM
I would like to nominate Bala
http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?42145-Bala82

TZora
12-27-2013, 06:25 PM
I nominate monte because he is a douche !and I personally nominate all the other douche members of sas past and present !!!
don't go there ... we all will be nominated then .. who in their right mind would've spent so much on pixels :)

Captain Torgue
12-27-2013, 07:16 PM
don't go there ... we all will be nominated then .. who in their right mind would've spent so much on pixels :)

I don't think anyone who continues to play crime city is in the right frame of mind. Just look at me for example I'm crazy as hell :p

TZora
12-27-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't think anyone who continues to play crime city is in the right frame of mind. Just look at me for example I'm crazy as hell :p
lol you must be happy to know you're not alone :D

mxz
12-28-2013, 09:27 AM
This is a pretty good list for consideration. If anyone has any way of contacting Syn or Tramp Stamp that would be amazing. Everyone else I think is still active on the forum or I have their email, though I'm not sure about Rammy. It's a pretty good mix of old timers, big names and even the trolls are represented. I like the idea of a commoner or two without the big name/ego - any nominations for 1-2 of those?

The Reaper
Syn
itzkakarot
Tramp Stamp
Dipstik
Max Powers
Sister morphine
Big Money
CJ54
Ramshutu
Bala82
montecore
Pedro Pimples
Molly's Voice

PedroPimples
12-28-2013, 09:30 AM
I'd like to add;
Paulio
Jobadass
Ragmondino
All great forum members and ingame players. Was very good for the place until a certain mod went ban crazy.

All stood up against the Indians at a time when most sucked up to them. Was good all round players, and generally good guys.

PedroPimples
12-28-2013, 09:31 AM
I can contact ram

Captain Torgue
12-28-2013, 05:24 PM
This is a pretty good list for consideration. If anyone has any way of contacting Syn or Tramp Stamp that would be amazing. Everyone else I think is still active on the forum or I have their email, though I'm not sure about Rammy. It's a pretty good mix of old timers, big names and even the trolls are represented. I like the idea of a commoner or two without the big name/ego - any nominations for 1-2 of those?

The Reaper
Syn
itzkakarot
Tramp Stamp
Dipstik
Max Powers
Sister morphine
Big Money
CJ54
Ramshutu
Bala82
montecore
Pedro Pimples
Molly's Voice

Please remove dipstick and pedro pimples from this list.

Thank you.

Phillip99
12-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Please remove dipstick and pedro pimples from this list.

Thank you.

And montecore and man boobs.

AZZ.
12-28-2013, 07:11 PM

The Reaper
Syn
itzkakarot
Tramp Stamp
Dipstik
Max Powers
Sister morphine
Big Money
CJ54
Ramshutu
Bala82
montecore
Pedro Pimples
Molly's Voice

I would like to add Burn to the list.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?20648-Burn

Sir Reddevil
12-28-2013, 07:27 PM

Burn should be at the top of that list. Who's running this dog & pony show?

TZora
12-28-2013, 07:47 PM
dog show
that reminded me of someone .. ummm nm :p

sister morphine
12-29-2013, 03:56 AM
Burn would be cool.... or Noodles ;)

sister morphine
12-29-2013, 04:03 AM
So-called unknowns, how about

Henry VIII
(FwD) GU7 F4WK3S

Probably needs someone from the CK side of things to 'balance' the nommed Indians. I'm a bit out of touch there now. Anybody?

TZora
12-29-2013, 04:31 AM
yea and then we can all say .. history repeats itself LOL .. good old times :D

HTCBC
12-29-2013, 04:44 AM
munch my popcorn.
Why dont you run a poll.
http://www.orgsites.com/pa/pack63drumsstjohnspa/animated-popcorn.gif

CCKallDAY
12-29-2013, 05:06 AM
Anyone still know Nicholost?

PedroPimples
12-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Paulio is from the ck side of things.

Torque obviously butthurt because no one nominated him.
Just let it go, everyone can see your all upset with me and Htc.
It won't change the fact your still a cheat and highly disliked.

PedroPimples
12-29-2013, 06:08 AM
Noodles should be there.
I like Henry but don't see what he done to be inducted.

Molly's Voice
12-29-2013, 06:28 AM
I accept your nomination to be inducted into the hall of fame's first class. #mollypride

sister morphine
12-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Noodles should be there.
Thought this was still for mxz's committee to consider HoF noms. Is it not?

CCKallDAY
12-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Anyone know allhaildiscordia?

CCKallDAY
12-29-2013, 07:44 AM
I also nominate mnju_03

http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?20689-mnju_03

Anyone know how to get to him?

Molly's Voice
12-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Thought this was still for mxz's committee to consider HoF noms. Is it not?

Still is, but the idea was hatched in a kakao room where Pedro was present.

CCKallDAY
12-29-2013, 09:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LBt6j.gif

HTCBC
12-29-2013, 10:15 AM
whats the name of this kakao room?
trolls are us
troll masters
puppet masters ( insert hand here )

http://i.imgur.com/LBt6j.gif

PedroPimples
12-29-2013, 10:42 AM
I get confused what we are doing. Some are nominating committee members.
Some are nominating people to be inducted.
Some are flexing the pecs.
Torque is using the time to glitch and cheat.

Phillip99
12-29-2013, 12:47 PM
This is not intended to be a troll and I'm not trying to be an a-hole. This is just my honest reaction. You all are creating a selection committee for an hof for a message board for a game.......Really?......I mean......Really? C'mon guys, there is more to life than cc. If it was hof for cc players, it would be less lame, but we are talking about a message board. What's next hof for sending funny email forwards, hof for posting best pictures to Facebook, most tweets, hof for re-posting the most Internet porn? C'mon y'all.

PedroPimples
12-29-2013, 12:55 PM
I assumed it was from both the game and the forum?

And Phil, I'd be in that hall of fame for Internet porn.

The Billionaire
12-29-2013, 02:59 PM
This is not intended to be a troll and I'm not trying to be an a-hole. This is just my honest reaction. You all are creating a selection committee for an hof for a message board for a game.......Really?......I mean......Really? C'mon guys, there is more to life than cc. If it was hof for cc players, it would be less lame, but we are talking about a message board. What's next hof for sending funny email forwards, hof for posting best pictures to Facebook, most tweets, hof for re-posting the most Internet porn? C'mon y'all.

I agree with you Philip.

With so many of the original players leaving the game i think the hall of fame is a good idea to recognise those who have achieved outstanding things within in Crime City or those who have gone out of their way to help the community.

However to create a selection committee for this process is beyond ridiculous. You're not running a country, deciding where the next World Cup will be held or trying to bring world peace.

A good thread is all that's needed for this to happen and i'd do it but then i'd be stealing MXZ's thunder and his selection committee would be pointless although it already is really.

Great idea but totally ridiculous way of implementing it.

P.S Grimly Fiendish is not far off being the first player in CC to achieve 500,000 successful robberies. That's the kind of thing that deserves a place in the Hall of Fame IMO

sister morphine
12-29-2013, 03:48 PM
I agree with you Philip.

With so many of the original players leaving the game i think the hall of fame is a good idea to recognise those who have achieved outstanding things within in Crime City or those who have gone out of their way to help the community.

However to create a selection committee for this process is beyond ridiculous. You're not running a country, deciding where the next World Cup will be held or trying to bring world peace.

A good thread is all that's needed for this to happen and i'd do it but then i'd be stealing MXZ's thunder and his selection committee would be pointless although it already is really.

Great idea but totally ridiculous way of implementing it.

P.S Grimly Fiendish is not far off being the first player in CC to achieve 500,000 successful robberies. That's the kind of thing that deserves a place in the Hall of Fame IMO
If this forum was still the place of old, Bill I'd agree with you but it's not. I still remember when Sam was the first player to reach 400k attack. These days when players can hit a million doing pretty much nothing except sitting in with a syndicate for a cycle that sounds laughable, but it was a huge achievement back in the day. The majority who post here now wouldn't remember that so a mere thread would be unlikely to mark it properly.

CCKallDAY
12-29-2013, 04:09 PM
whats the name of this kakao room?
trolls are us
troll masters
puppet masters ( insert hand here )

http://i.imgur.com/LBt6j.gifYou took my gif...
http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2832

PedroPimples
12-29-2013, 04:43 PM
If this forum was still the place of old, Bill I'd agree with you but it's not. I still remember when Sam was the first player to reach 400k attack. These days when players can hit a million doing pretty much nothing except sitting in with a syndicate for a cycle that sounds laughable, but it was a huge achievement back in the day. The majority who post here now wouldn't remember that so a mere thread would be unlikely to mark it properly.

Do you remember when xenoke was pretty much untouchable with 100k stats??

The Billionaire
12-29-2013, 05:56 PM

I think a thread would do it though. There's still a group of us oldies around so we just come up with a list of things that have been done in the past that we think should go into the HoF.

Going forward, every 3 months MXZ does a thread asking the community for their nominations of things they think should be added to the HoF and then he can either put them all into a poll for the community to vote on or if it's obvious there's only one or two additions then add them.

The hard part would be getting Gree to sticky it ;)

I still think a selection committee is wrong for this type of thing. It should be the community choosing what goes into the HoF not a group of Veterans/Trolls.

CCKallDAY
12-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Do you remember when xenoke was pretty much untouchable with 100k stats??That was really funny.

Happyperson1
12-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Tzora, Diman or Monte, Tam or AMG, Dippy, Bill, mxz, Teach, and Matt T. Bill is chairperson; Tzora as Vice-chair. I'm happy to be lovable mascot.

Captain Torgue
12-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Tzora, Diman or Monte, Tam or AMG, Dippy, Bill, mxz, Teach, and Matt T. Bill is chairperson; Tzora as Vice-chair. I'm happy to be lovable mascot.

Half of those people wouldn't get along with the other half so that idea is totally AWESOME!!!!!

I'd love to be in the chat room whilst they all discuss who should win!

sister morphine
12-29-2013, 10:19 PM
I think a thread would do it though. There's still a group of us oldies around so we just come up with a list of things that have been done in the past that we think should go into the HoF.

Going forward, every 3 months MXZ does a thread asking the community for their nominations of things they think should be added to the HoF and then he can either put them all into a poll for the community to vote on or if it's obvious there's only one or two additions then add them.

The hard part would be getting Gree to sticky it ;)

I still think a selection committee is wrong for this type of thing. It should be the community choosing what goes into the HoF not a group of Veterans/Trolls.
If a committee was made up of new(er) players as well as old, and if the community was the ones putting the names forward for consideration, rather than some exclusive internal self-selection (which I certainly would not wish to be part of), then I still think mxz's original proposal would be the best way. A mix of this and your version effectively.

sister morphine
12-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Do you remember when xenoke was pretty much untouchable with 100k stats??
Lol, no - guess I must have been a sweet innocent noob then :D

The Billionaire
12-29-2013, 10:36 PM
If a committee was made up of new(er) players as well as old, and if the community was the ones putting the names forward for consideration, rather than some exclusive internal self-selection (which I certainly would not wish to be part of), then I still think mxz's original proposal would be the best way. A mix of this and your version effectively.

I still think a "committee" is way OTT. It just needs a thread every now and then and someone to manage it which should be MXZ since it was his idea. It would always be the community putting the suggestions forward and voting on what makes it into the hall of fame.

It pretty easy to put a hall of fame together for the past CC stuff and just needs managing going forward.

The below took me 10 minutes and there's probably a few more things that need adding but it really doesn't need a committee for that.

Contributions to the CC Community

Syn - For his game guides back in the day

Tramp Stamp - For his game guides back in the day

Itzkakarot - For his best hood planning spreadsheet

Noodles & Xenoke - For creating the Indians

Cold Commander, Baroness & OutColdKing - For creating CK to take on the Indians

Burn - For his epic Rat Catching saga

iTeachem - For his Cheat Hunting saga

Ramshutu - For his Glossary of Terms on the CC forum

The Billionaire - For his Epic Boss guide

The Reaper & Big Money - For their excellent work with the LTQ threads

Epic In-Game Achievements

Sam - Being the first to reach 400k Attack/Defence stats (Before the ridiculous stat inflation)

??? - For having the highest IPH in the game

Tam - For winning pretty much every leaderboard event

Grimly Fiendish - For being the first player to carry out 500,000 successful robberies

h - For currently having the best stats in the game

Crime City's Most Notorious Trolls

Dipstick, Baroness, Montecore, etc etc

Crime City Legends (who are no longer around)

Syn, Tramp Stamp, Noodles, Payam, Xenoke, Sam, Cerberus, Bam Bam, Paulio, White Frog etc etc

sister morphine
12-29-2013, 10:49 PM
There we go - CK was created by Cold Commander (called Sean at the time), Outcoldking and (I think) Baroness. Paulio was one of the first members. I'm not sure if Cerb was playing at the time.

Payam was the reason the Indians were formed, but he wasn't one of them.

For cheat hunting - teach (it was the main reason he was invited to the Indians) et al

White Frog also deserves inclusion.

The Billionaire
12-29-2013, 10:58 PM
There we go - CK was created by Cold Commander (called Sean at the time), Outcoldking and (I think) Baroness. Paulio was one of the first members. I'm not sure if Cerb was playing at the time.

Payam was the reason the Indians were formed, but he wasn't one of them.

For cheat hunting - teach (it was the main reason he was invited to the Indians) et al

White Frog also deserves inclusion.

See with a bit of discussion it'll be done in no time and then MXZ can just progress it going forward with nominations and a poll every few months.

Made the above changes ;)

and with it being discussed out in the open instead of in the Oval Office the new(er) players will get to learn about the history of CC at the same time.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
12-30-2013, 03:10 AM
We will all get our medals soon.

bapapabapa
12-30-2013, 03:48 AM
up len! bia heineken gia (http://tuoitre.vn/Van-hoa-Giai-tri/561258/khan-gia-hoa-minh-trong-dai-tiec-am-nhac-cua-bia-heineken.html#ad-image-0) dinh dang cho doi pac...

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 05:10 AM
Let the trolls have there committee, it'll give mx, Molly, monte and grimmy something to do and keep them quiet for a while

N41LZ
12-30-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm still waiting for Crime City Mark to lift off his cape and do his big reveal on his true forum/game persona

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Ccm is cool. We learnt a lot from him after he left

Molly's Voice
12-30-2013, 06:45 AM
LOL at Bill having an issue with the formation of a committee. If we called it "the board" instead, would that make it more palatable for his highness?

Aquaboo
12-30-2013, 06:55 AM
See with a bit of discussion it'll be done in no time and then MXZ can just progress it going forward with nominations and a poll every few months.

Made the above changes ;)

and with it being discussed out in the open instead of in the Oval Office the new(er) players will get to learn about the history of CC at the same time.

That sounds awesome - can we all sit around the campfire listening to jolly tales of when 10m stats were super-duper until Gree brought out the next event.

Or awesome thrillers of how the gallant pioneers were so funny they got banned long ago and nobody cares now?

Molly's Voice
12-30-2013, 06:59 AM
That sounds awesome - can we all sit around the campfire listening to jolly tales of when 10m stats were super-duper until Gree brought out the next event.

Or awesome thrillers of how the gallant pioneers were so funny they got banned long ago and nobody cares now?

Lol. I nominate you for the selection committee, brah.

Aquaboo
12-30-2013, 07:04 AM
LOL at Bill having an issue with the formation of a committee. If we called it "the board" instead, would that make it more palatable for his highness?

Seems to me that 'Hall of Fame' is currently a 2 cycle thing before the retirees are forgotten - a 9 week Hall of Fame induction process sounds worthwhile. -yup

A1-1
12-30-2013, 07:15 AM
It is all good

Phillip99
12-30-2013, 07:43 AM
So it shall be: every year the committee will travel to an undisclosed location to pour over the years nominees. When the new class for the HOF is announced it shall thus be printed in calligraphy on a parchment scroll. Said scroll will be stored in a vault in a chamber underneath a tall mountain. The vault will only open if all committee members put their keys in the locks and turn at the same time while chanting the magic chant.

Molly's Voice
12-30-2013, 08:08 AM
So it shall be: every year the committee will travel to an undisclosed location to pour over the years nominees. When the new class for the HOF is announced it shall thus be printed in calligraphy on a parchment scroll. Said scroll will be stored in a vault in a chamber underneath a tall mountain. The vault will only open if all committee members put their keys in the locks and turn at the same time while chanting the magic chant.

Are you happy now, Billionaire? You've turned MXZ's idea into a display of shenanigans. I nominate Billionaire for the forum's biggest troll.

SNEAKERJUNKY
12-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Why was I not thrown in for nomination?

TZora
12-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Why was I not thrown in for nomination?
maybe u r a confirmed member? maybe :p

Flapjacks
12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Are you happy now, Billionaire? You've turned MXZ's idea into a display of shenanigans. I nominate Billionaire for the forum's biggest troll.

Best to give him a pass this time. He only entered the post to ensure his name was put on the list. Scroll back.

wrestler84
12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Why was I not thrown in for nomination? Don't worry I got you. I also nominate Sneakerjunky and Bald Zeemer

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 09:45 AM
The committee has rejected sneaker junky but accepted bill and Balthazar

berrybladzs
12-30-2013, 11:50 AM
The committee has rejected sneaker junky but accepted bill and BalthazarI nominate sneaker junky

berrybladzs
12-30-2013, 11:52 AM
And I have been here longer than you Pedro dimples ! So blow that out ur a$$

Molly's Voice
12-30-2013, 12:09 PM
He only entered the post to ensure his name was put on the list. Scroll back.

I saw that but chose not to comment. Everyone already knows Billionaire to be the most shameless unapologetic self promoter on the forum.

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I saw that but chose not to comment. Everyone already knows Billionaire to be the most shameless unapologetic self promoter on the forum.

That's a big shout with the SAS blowhards about.

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 12:35 PM
And I have been here longer than you Pedro dimples ! So blow that out ur a$$

You don't play so are not relevent. And when you did you was a well known user of certain unethical exploits.
And also I was playing the game and reading the forum before you had even heard of it kid.

Molly's Voice
12-30-2013, 12:36 PM
That's a big shout with the SAS blowhards about.

Indeed, bro.

indians
12-30-2013, 12:41 PM
You don't play so are not relevent. And when you did you was a well known user of certain unethical exploits.
And also I was playing the game and reading the forum before you had even heard of it kid.

And you're just as irrelevant as you always were.

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 12:45 PM
And you're just as irrelevant as you always were.

Aww bless little mr butthurt

Aquaboo
12-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Aww bless little mr butthurt

Pedro - were you one of Peach Pimples who's whole cheating syndicate got banned or no? I will always wonder cos of your name here? One of the last things a good forum member did was to demonstrate the Peaches were as infeasible as the GhoTTis

HenryVIII
12-30-2013, 01:50 PM
hof for re-posting the most Internet porn? C'mon y'all.

You on kakao? Part of Man Cave? There are obvious HOF winners to be named in this category.

CCKallDAY
12-30-2013, 01:59 PM
You on kakao? Part of Man Cave? There are obvious HOF winners to be named in this category.Ooohhhh can i join Man Cave? lol

CCKallDAY
12-30-2013, 02:02 PM
how about InGameName I... anyone know him?

InGameNameI (I)
http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?52486-InGameName-I

TonySpaghetti

http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?40223-TonySpaghetti

Sam
http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?56207-Sam

Dravak

http://www.funzio.com/forum/member.php?39004-Dravak

HenryVIII
12-30-2013, 02:12 PM

I like you too Pedro.
But IMO, I'm just a CC player like everyone else. Only claim to game is founding HTC. Since it's beginnings, we have accomplished many thought impossible. My original thread on starting HTC even got one star rating! Lol. Jobadass admitted to rating it that, yet he was a solid member of HTC for a while. I could go on and on regarding the history of HTC and syndicate beginnings, but we don't have time for that.

Also, SM wasn't talking about HOF inductions. Merely committee members.

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 02:17 PM
You founded Htc? Minus 1 star to you

Mainly because it shows your people choosing skills were bad.
Examples;
Recruited mxz, ramshutu, ram1,raggy, paulio, jba, dippy and Santa.

Half are banned and the other half are trolls.

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Pedro - were you one of Peach Pimples who's whole cheating syndicate got banned or no? I will always wonder cos of your name here? One of the last things a good forum member did was to demonstrate the Peaches were as infeasible as the GhoTTis

No.

Tony spag = yeah why not

Dravak = definitely because his posts were so crazy.

Sam = yeah very good stats, before crazy stat inflation and a good guy to boot.

IngamenameI = don't know or even remember them at all. Thatd make me say no.

HenryVIII
12-30-2013, 02:35 PM
You founded Htc? Minus 1 star to you

Mainly because it shows your people choosing skills were bad.
Examples;
Recruited mxz, ramshutu, ram1,raggy, paulio, jba, dippy and Santa.

Half are banned and the other half are trolls.
Everyone on that list, minus the last, were good people if you ever got to talk to them.

Also, it was never proven that Joaquim was Santa, mere speculation, although the evidence was insurmountable. Good story there too.

Interesting choice of people you mention. You must have been in HTC to know the difference between the rams.

CCKallDAY
12-30-2013, 02:40 PM
No.

Tony spag = yeah why not

IngamenameI = don't know or even remember them at all. Thatd make me say no.You don't remember I? Look him up.

Aquaboo
12-30-2013, 02:55 PM
This pish is sad - end of - what did you do do? Gave most to Gree.? tapped harder?

Take it to a room

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Everyone on that list, minus the last, were good people if you ever got to talk to them.

Also, it was never proven that Joaquim was Santa, mere speculation, although the evidence was insurmountable. Good story there too.

Interesting choice of people you mention. You must have been in HTC to know the difference between the rams.

Unless joaquim provides us with a clear bullet pointed list like Shane did, he is definitely Santa.

Aquaboo
12-30-2013, 03:08 PM
No.

Tony spag = yeah why not

IngamenameI = don't know or even remember them at all. Thatd make me say no.

Sure that answered why you were a Peach Pimples, all of whom got banned for the cheating

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 03:10 PM
The answer was no. First thing I posted.

Aquaboo
12-30-2013, 03:17 PM
Super - you rock Pedro

PedroPimples
12-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Cheers dude. I like to think so. And so does my fan club;
Grimmy
Monte
Sis m
Cj54
Happy person
And last but not least MXz

mxz
12-30-2013, 03:56 PM
I still think a "committee" is way OTT. This isn't the Teen Choice Awards, Justin. A small-medium group of diverse people (as someone pointed out: including people that don't necessarily get along with each other...but can have healthy debate) is more likely to get the right people in.

I'm sure you recall that ballot stuffing has a storied history here on the forums. I believe you even B&M'd about it to me, yeah?

HenryVIII
12-30-2013, 04:15 PM
MXZ, I think it would be nice to have a HOF and a small biography on each to include what they accomplished and why it was significant would do well remember the history of CC. As someone pointed out
C'mon guys, there is more to life than cc.. Although this is true, many here including myself went to CC as an escape from that life. Which is why some got VERY involved.

Again, like I said, we would do well to remember the pioneers yesterday and today who went out of their way, not only merely tapped the most, but who helped to form the game it is now. And was a reason many of us stayed in the game.

mxz
12-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Some sort off digital shrine to them, I like it.

I'm sure some potential inductees (cough, Baroness) would be absolutely thrilled at that, too. Haha

Captain Torgue
12-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Sure that answered why you were a Peach Pimples, all of whom got banned for the cheating

No wonder Pedro is in a syndicate all by himself now.

Aquaboo
12-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Sorted - we have Billionare and Tzora on the selection Committee for nomarks that nobody cares of to go into the Hall of Nobody Cares famous Shrine of Who Gives 2 Hoots. This sounds impressive, got my tuxedo booked

Aquaboo
12-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Is there an Award for the most sad thread? I moninate this one

PedroPimples
12-31-2013, 01:21 AM
For somebody who doesn't care you sure have posted enough in it..

Poor grimmy. Still obsessed with me, yet still has his facts completely wrong. Don't worry kid, you can keep up the chasing of me. Gives you someone to think and talk about during this lonely time of year for you.

Then you can head back into the game and carry on your cheating. Chasing the cheated stats you have to try and make someone, somewhere think you are of importance.

Don't worry, everyone is clear on the fact you have completely glitched and inilegitimite stats. And have cheated so much even the SAS leaders think you are a joke.

N41LZ
12-31-2013, 02:51 AM
For somebody who doesn't care you sure have posted enough in it..

Poor grimmy. Still obsessed with me, yet still has his facts completely wrong. Don't worry kid, you can keep up the chasing of me. Gives you someone to think and talk about during this lonely time of year for you.

Then you can head back into the game and carry on your cheating. Chasing the cheated stats you have to try and make someone, somewhere think you are of importance.

Don't worry, everyone is clear on the fact you have completely glitched and inilegitimite stats. And have cheated so much even the SAS leaders think you are a joke.

Seriously guys, get a room

PedroPimples
12-31-2013, 03:06 AM
I'm in a room with him. His just a bit slow on the uptake.