PDA

View Full Version : Holiday boycott...enough is enough!

Dingleberry
12-22-2013, 09:25 PM
My first thread after two years in game.

Every player in a decent faction should now have 100 boss kills and now or very soon, 5 days of goals completed. Gold spending doesn't matter as you know...free players can and should be in this position.
You have received no Frozen Guass Cannon for 100 kills and you now will not have either the Cannon or 5 day combined goal. All due to another Gree glitch.

When will us sheeple stop this madness? When did our fine hosts last give us a glitch free event on all platforms?

If Gree's interface with iTunes was down, they'd have swamped their office with software engineers this weekend and the same old excuse makers would have taken their precious 30 seconds to at least post here that "We're working on it." What have we received this weekend due to a problem that affected us? Nothing. Not a peep from the chickens.

I was one of three founders of what is now the top faction. I left long ago out of a strong desire to not give our fine hosts as much of my money as battling Ferr required. I know how WD is played as well as anyone and that your accounts are full of bonus gold and sale gold and that you will go forward with running up indecent, ludicrous scores over the holidays. I beg you all not to spend ANY more than what you already have. I beg the entire Top 1000 to not spend a nickel more...let the chips fall where they may. Use up your bonus gold. Spread it out for months and months and play at least this month with what you already have and GET OFF THE BONUS GOLD TREADMILL STARTING NOW! NO MORE PURCHASES!

I've enjoyed this game as much or more than anybody...the camaraderie, friendships and fun that I have with my team has kept me here. As a former and big spender, please take it from me that you can have just as much fun for free or light gold with the right bunch of folks.

Most of us players are adults with careers. We all know what poor customer service and lack of execution would do to our companies. Why do we put up with so much of it here? I beg, beg you all to stop supporting our abuse now. I'm thoroughly embarrassed that a Japanese company with many American employees could be so insolent and incompetent. If we make a bold statement, maybe they will listen and we can have a functioning in game gathering place that draws us together in and out of the game.

There is no better time to make this statement than now. Disappointing calendar year end financials are bound to get some attention by some executive somewhere within the company who can effect change. We can hope, anyway.

Regardless of what you do (and I hope it doesn't involve spending on the game), please have a safe and happy holiday season and enjoy your friends and family.

RotGut
12-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Well said!!
I for one will be spending 0 gold.

GRW
12-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Ding.... Completely agree... And with your pedigree in the game we should all be taking notice. I too have been let down in this event, but I have come to expect it. Guys I also have spent a lot of money on this game but that is over, I have taken the cure. Ding gives us good advice. Merry Xmas to all my friends and virtual enemies yet to become friends!

Mcdoc
12-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Love the thread - still LMAO at the name Dingleberry :)

Mastert55!
12-23-2013, 04:09 AM
I'm really starting to hate this f*cking game. I mean, come on guys, enough is enough. Well said Dingleberry! Well said.

Brian24
12-23-2013, 05:44 AM
I agree dingleberry. I hope the give out our (deserved) 100 boss unit and the one for completing both faction and individual before war. Will make a big difference in our stats

camper killer
12-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Love the thread - still LMAO at the name Dingleberry :)

Its not often the original one posts, let alone starts a thread.

Evil Mastermind
12-23-2013, 06:51 AM
The prizes for the boss event will get awarded in time. Yes, one would expect them to be received upon completing the specified goals. But EVERYONE knows that isn't how this game operates. Send a ticket and get your prizes.

I understand your frustration OP but if you have been around that long, then you well know that's how it works. You either accept it or move on to another company's game. This one won't ever get any better.

Additionally, I suspect a 50% off gold sale on Xmas. So the spending will continue by many many many players.

Happy Holidays!
EM ;)

aron
12-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Same issues in cc with bugs and glitches in every event too, but you can't blame it on the costumer service.. They are being butt****d as much or even more than us because of Gree's poor engineering

Stop buying gold is the only thing that can get their attention, im right there with ya, same as alot of other is cc too!!

Fl@sh
12-23-2013, 07:10 AM
The prizes for the boss event will get awarded in time. Yes, one would expect them to be received upon completing the specified goals. But EVERYONE knows that isn't how this game operates. Send a ticket and get your prizes.

I understand your frustration OP but if you have been around that long, then you well know that's how it works. You either accept it or move on to another company's game. This one won't ever get any better.

Additionally, I suspect a 50% off gold sale on Xmas. So the spending will continue by many many many players.

Happy Holidays!
EM ;)To accept this way of gaming as status quo is dangerous. I'm gonna create a unicorn man game and it's not gonna include anything but pictures of cats. But, send me your money anyway.

krill
12-23-2013, 07:12 AM

Happy Holidays!
EM ;)

final push to get some of the year end numbers up!!!

Evil Mastermind
12-23-2013, 07:23 AM
To accept this way of gaming as status quo is dangerous. I'm gonna create a unicorn man game and it's not gonna include anything but pictures of cats. But, send me your money anyway.

I'm not saying it's acceptable by any means. I'm just pointing out that it has always been like this and will continue to be like this.

I just find it a bit ironic that the very players who for years have spent tons of money on the game and crucified anyone for questioning their behavior, now come on here to tell others how to spend or rather not spend their money. A boycott thread isn't needed. Everyone who plays this game knows or should know what they are dealing with by now.

Cheers ;)

pacotaco15
12-23-2013, 07:30 AM
I've barely played this month and my god is it a great feeling. Not having to worry about units or events, partially because theyre riddle with F****** INFANTRY MEDALS.

Dingleberry
12-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Many here know me much better outside of this forum than in it. I've always been a proponent of big boys and girls spending however they want but I've spent a fair amount of time railing against it. It was apparent to me long ago that the game had dynamics that simulated gambling and promoted addiction. Pile on top of that someone like Ferr who took it to obscene levels and got others, allies and competitors alike, to add in visceral emotions backed by credit cards and this thing went completely off the rails and drained many who could little afford it. Ferr has expressed his regrets here and I respect him greatly for it. The rest now need to look in the mirror, check their CC statements and stop spending after smacking their forehead a time or two. Mostly, they need to do it because anyone that can spend a lot on this game understand business and shouldn't let a company like our hosts empty their wallets. Fl@sh hit the nail on the head...create a crap game, do little to support it, attract addictive personalities willing to pay a premium for crap and....WIN. What kind of world is that?

I don't know you, EM, but I know many of the top spenders and I know exactly how they play they the game and get top rank (because nobody wins). They are already loaded for bear with gold so you'll see no change this month. I'm begging them to stop the cycle now by not spending more and crushing Gree's year end so maybe, just maybe they'll fix the game and give it support.

They haven't even bothered getting out of bed yet to ban me or delete this thread. Enough said.

Evil Mastermind
12-23-2013, 08:48 AM
@DB -

I'm not really trying to rain on your parade. Just pointing out my observations. Good luck with your endeavors!

Cheers,
EM

Slippo
12-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Whilst I understand everyones frustrations and agree with most of what you said I find it strange you bring up Ferr and blame him personally for your own and your teams spending?

Did he make you tap the buy gold button? Did he put a gun to your head and make you charge your bank card. No he didn't.

Adding this to you OP make you sound more arrogant then most think Sup are already.

honest Abe
Top three spending is driven by TKO (3 pushes 2 and 2 pushes 1). We are happy to cap points to make our intent know to gree and have reached out to TKO on the subject (especially given the garbage that the top three prizes are crap). TKO has to date refused to make a deal and we all continue to enrich gree. My view is lets have fun with the streaks but pounding hobbits to pay gree to finish 35 million ahead of 4th place defies logic. This only works if we are all on board and gree won't wake up until revenue goes down until then they will continue to squeeze blood from stones. TKO, what say you?

GRW
Yes ding... And the other thing to note is that when you and I started out on this farce the maximum unit stats were for defence the gold aircraft carrier that cost 950 gold... I have 198 of these units that don't even fight in my army... Stat inflation means that my "investment" can be beaten by someone new in the game spending 10% of what I have spent.. Go on troll me but personally I have had enough.... I play as "lord"

GRW
12-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Sorry I am not *****ing I spent 950 gold on a unit that had 250 def... Just saying guys the veneer of statistical hysteria has lead to a downward spiral of spending for new people that isn't sustainable... Trolls please respond cos you know no fecking different

GRW
12-23-2013, 08:57 AM
The bit that is missing is b.i.t.c.h

Evil Mastermind
12-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Yes ding... And the other thing to note is that when you and I started out on this farce the maximum unit stats were for defence the gold aircraft carrier that cost 950 gold... I have 198 of these units that don't even fight in my army... Stat inflation means that my "investment" can be beaten by someone new in the game spending 10% of what I have spent.. Go on troll me but personally I have had enough.... I play as "lord"

So I have a truly honest question for you. You will likely see it as trolling, but it is truly genuine. If you have had enough, then why do you still play?

GRW
12-23-2013, 09:09 AM
I respect your comment and to be honest the realisation when I was typing the reply just came upon me... I don't need this game but I love the friendship

GRW
12-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Thought about it... I am out!

Dingleberry
12-23-2013, 09:21 AM
I've said already...the game holds my pals and me together outside of the game. GRW is one of them. That is the only value it has anymore for us and most others, I suspect. Why else would we tolerate such a stinking turd of a game? If the game worked, maybe we'd drop a little money again as we do enjoy the game. Old timers expected glitches during major roll outs and changes. PUN was locked out of the first WD for six hours but we understood....it was major and new. They can't even get a simple, repetitive boss event right now.

I blame Ferr for nothing. He was an inflection point and from my understanding, he regrets being that inflection point as he fully understands ALL of the flaws of the game. I respect him greatly for that...much more than any of his accomplishments in the game.

As for inflation...the reasons not to spend gold on units, crates, etc should be self evident to anyone to anyone who has played the game for six months or more much less two years. Many of us have gold units buried in our inventory that never battles to create a 5 Mil A/D player now while players with those stats spend to get to our stats. Absolute nonsense.

Mastert55!
12-23-2013, 09:52 AM
To accept this way of gaming as status quo is dangerous. I'm gonna create a unicorn man game and it's not gonna include anything but pictures of cats. But, send me your money anyway.

My good sir, I will buy many, many vaults of cats from you.

Little Killer
12-23-2013, 09:54 AM
My first thread after two years in game.

Every player in a decent faction should now have 100 boss kills and now or very soon, 5 days of goals completed. Gold spending doesn't matter as you know...free players can and should be in this position.
You have received no Frozen Guass Cannon for 100 kills and you now will not have either the Cannon or 5 day combined goal. All due to another Gree glitch.

When will us sheeple stop this madness? When did our fine hosts last give us a glitch free event on all platforms?

If Gree's interface with iTunes was down, they'd have swamped their office with software engineers this weekend and the same old excuse makers would have taken their precious 30 seconds to at least post here that "We're working on it." What have we received this weekend due to a problem that affected us? Nothing. Not a peep from the chickens.

I was one of three founders of what is now the top faction. I left long ago out of a strong desire to not give our fine hosts as much of my money as battling Ferr required. I know how WD is played as well as anyone and that your accounts are full of bonus gold and sale gold and that you will go forward with running up indecent, ludicrous scores over the holidays. I beg you all not to spend ANY more than what you already have. I beg the entire Top 1000 to not spend a nickel more...let the chips fall where they may. Use up your bonus gold. Spread it out for months and months and play at least this month with what you already have and GET OFF THE BONUS GOLD TREADMILL STARTING NOW! NO MORE PURCHASES!

I've enjoyed this game as much or more than anybody...the camaraderie, friendships and fun that I have with my team has kept me here. As a former and big spender, please take it from me that you can have just as much fun for free or light gold with the right bunch of folks.

Most of us players are adults with careers. We all know what poor customer service and lack of execution would do to our companies. Why do we put up with so much of it here? I beg, beg you all to stop supporting our abuse now. I'm thoroughly embarrassed that a Japanese company with many American employees could be so insolent and incompetent. If we make a bold statement, maybe they will listen and we can have a functioning in game gathering place that draws us together in and out of the game.

There is no better time to make this statement than now. Disappointing calendar year end financials are bound to get some attention by some executive somewhere within the company who can effect change. We can hope, anyway.

Regardless of what you do (and I hope it doesn't involve spending on the game), please have a safe and happy holiday season and enjoy your friends and family.
Hello Dingle, my name in the game is, or rather was jetsky, because I stopped playing since before the war, when there was the first major boycott, after which the force majeure forced me to stay away from the game. I remember our first meeting, it was really a fight lol, it was more or less the period of the foundation. A little 'later, I joined the group, I remember you, general insane, stephen, Gersh, g-rod, General Sir, CBB and many others, were the days when the pirates had created a game within the game, and to have a stat 300000, was phenomenal. Now my account is managed by my son, and I occasionally look to see how the game has evolved. I am reminded of a word, crazy!!! What has become this game, a slot machine .... The problems have been there before, but now with the increase of the events, the value for money has become indecent, and I want to reiterate a concept expressed in one of my old email with CJ, we spend a lot of money in a game where we don't win anything. I was a big spender and still are indirectly, but one thing I can do, cut off the funding for my son.
Merry Christmas Dingle, Merry Christmas to all.

Mastert55!
12-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Top three spending is driven by TKO (3 pushes 2 and 2 pushes 1). We are happy to cap points to make our intent know to gree and have reached out to TKO on the subject (especially given the garbage that the top three prizes are crap). TKO has to date refused to make a deal and we all continue to enrich gree. My view is lets have fun with the streaks but pounding hobbits to pay gree to finish 35 million ahead of 4th place defies logic. This only works if we are all on board and gree won't wake up until revenue goes down until then they will continue to squeeze blood from stones. TKO, what say you?

If we all can't come to an agreement, this will be forever a viscous cycle. The Top 3 control the game, it's just one big pissing contest. See who has the most money to spend on a hand held device game. I've seen a screenshot where someone had 657k gold! WTF??? Do we really need to bring the game to this level? What say we all work together and LOEWR the WD points, or boycott spending gold to half the amount that we would normally spend? Is there anybody with me, or do we need to have better/bigger pixels?

Maddog11
12-23-2013, 10:33 AM
I will not be getting bonus Gold in January...:)

honest Abe
12-23-2013, 10:44 AM
My hope is over the next couple of days we can all take a stand on this issue together. The door is open, beer in the fridge, maybe I'll kick in a bottle of Latour. Ripper, the ball is in your court.

If we all can't come to an agreement, this will be forever a viscous cycle. The Top 3 control the game, it's just one big pissing contest. See who has the most money to spend on a hand held device game. I've seen a screenshot where someone had 657k gold! WTF??? Do we really need to bring the game to this level? What say we all work together and LOEWR the WD points, or boycott spending gold to half the amount that we would normally spend? Is there anybody with me, or do we need to have better/bigger pixels?

Thief
12-23-2013, 10:47 AM

Sorry but this sounds too absurd to me....Your blamming TKO for SUP spending? Don't get me wrong. I don't care what SUP spends and i understand the idea that TKO drives up the cost for 2nd and 3rd place...but what happens if you just don't? Don't spend? TKO won't overspend for the top spot...and gree looses money. What does SUP loose out on? Their pride for stating they WONT participate this war as a boycott?

Don't let Gree or TKO dictate what you do. Make a stand if thats your intent.

Dingleberry
12-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Amen, Thief. That is the real solution but, as I said, they are all already loaded for bear. Stand down, ladies and gents, or at least announce that this one is your Super Bowl and whoever wins goes out like John Elway and ends the madness.

Dingleberry
12-23-2013, 11:06 AM
If just one group comes on here and announces their intent to stand down and the other runs, the runners will be the laughingstock of the game and get the hollowest victory imaginable. I dare one of them to do it...just lay down and laugh. That doesn't take negotiation or a truce.

Mastert55!
12-23-2013, 11:37 AM
If just one group comes on here and announces their intent to stand down and the other runs, the runners will be the laughingstock of the game and get the hollowest victory imaginable. I dare one of them to do it...just lay down and laugh. That doesn't take negotiation or a truce.

very true, if I were the leader of TKO and SUP obviously stood down in agreement to a boycott, I would honor that just to keep the sake of honorable fight.

Dingleberry
12-23-2013, 11:41 AM
No agreement is necessary. Announce your capitulation to Gree's broken game then lay down and laugh.

Sirius
12-23-2013, 11:42 AM
We are looking into the boss issues folks have reported in on. I'm going to lock the thread as per the forum rules. I am passing folks feedback on up.

/closed