PDA

View Full Version : About declaring

The Justice
12-22-2013, 07:15 AM
So.

We know that every guild has a different rule about declaring.

You could always declare ("because a few points are better than none"), or you could wait untile the situation is fine ("we will get the win bonus").
Of course the better setup stands in the middle.

The last three wars i joined (into the same guild) required 8 players with full energy before declaring.
What happened? 2 declarations in 8 hours, because there weren't enough people in that time zone.
If you can't reach 8 people for so long, declare, maybe lose, but at least you will get some points.

Not enough. Yesterday, when it was only one hour before the end of the war, and there was only one chance left for a last battle, my guild didn't get it.
Why? They weren't 8... so, instead of fighting, and maybe losing (but still getting some points), they did get ZERO.
No way I could explain how nonsensed was that.

So, the question is:
What are your rules before declaring?
I'm mostly interested in top10 guilds rules, as i've seen DK fighting 19 times in 24 hours, and legendz, fighting only 10 times but still getting #6

The Pale Rider
12-22-2013, 07:24 AM
So.

You could always declare ("because a few points are better than none"), or you could wait untile the situation is fine ("we will get the win bonus").

The last three wars i joined (into the same guild) required 8 players with full energy before declaring.
What happened? 2 declarations in 8 hours, because there weren't enough people in that time zone.
If you can't reach 8 people for so long, declare, maybe lose, but at least you will get some points.

Not enough. Yesterday, when it was only one hour before the end of the war, and there was only one chance left for a last battle, my guild didn't get it.
Why? They weren't 8... so, instead of fighting, and maybe losing (but still getting some points), they did get ZERO.

So, the question is:
I'm mostly interested in top10 guilds rules, as i've seen DK fighting 19 times in 24 hours, and legendz, fighting only 10 times but still getting #6

Never declare in less than 30 minutes (check guild notes for time stamp). That's it.

AlbertEvolve
12-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Used to be in a top 10 guild.

1) certain guilds we avoided e.g. Rainbow room. So we watch the charts to see if they were moving ie points increasing.

2) certain guilds we want to match up with where we had agreed to help each other so we declared at around the same time.

3) certain pre agreed times when most players would be on and ready to gem were also set for declaring. This was usually 3 or 4 times a day and guild rules were you had to be at a minimum of 2 of these.

4) in between all of the above, we could declare to use up free energy as long as we observed rule 1. A roll call was done to try and get a few players together.

Mega Monkey
12-22-2013, 07:42 AM
My guild tries to do it 60 minutes after the previous battle ends.

cafedecoy
12-22-2013, 07:47 AM
So.

So, the question is:

Im curious... how did u guys do though?

The Justice
12-22-2013, 09:36 AM
@albert: few players together... how many?

@megamonkey: what is your guild? and what was its placement?

@cafe: I cannot tell you what is my guild, as i didn't talk about them very well xD
I can tell you that we were top50 (and be awared... DK are top50 too, so not necessairly #49 or #48 :) )

The Pale Rider
12-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Im curious... how did u guys do though?

34 in this last one. Top 50 last 4 GWs. Top 100 every prior GW.

We have reasonable minimum participation levels which can be done without gems and which 90% exceed each GW. Most use some gems to get wins or pump up scoring when it counts (e.g. frenzy on a beatable GM).

AlbertEvolve
12-23-2013, 12:49 AM
@albert: few players together... how many?

@megamonkey: what is your guild? and what was its placement?

@cafe: I cannot tell you what is my guild, as i didn't talk about them very well xD
I can tell you that we were top50 (and be awared... DK are top50 too, so not necessairly #49 or #48 :) )

There wasn't a set number of people. It was more a case of

1) were any of the HCs on who could take down the GS of the other side in a power attack. This tended to be guys with better armors.

2) were there a few people on who had energy to burn. In some cases a few people on who wanted to meet the guild minimum targets.

Over time there are very few leaches left in the top guilds. Like last blitz war the guild target was 50 wins. The 3rd from bottom had 47 wins and the others had legitimate reasons why they couldn't meet targets.

DK Shady
12-23-2013, 08:12 AM
We have a set group of people who are in charge of decalring for DK and BBT. One person takes over at a time and announces when they need to leave so we can have the next person ready to go. Our main goal is to declare as many times as we possibly can in the 24 or 72 hours, hence why we get 18-20 fights per 24 hours for both guilds. We have minimum requirements for both guilds and this allows anyone to log in and 90% of the time be in a fight so they can use their free energy or some gems if they'd like. Sometimes the W/L record isn't pretty, but I'd rather have 1,000 more points and a loss than lose those points. So thats how our guilds approach declaring for wars :-)

After all, no one asks what your record was when they apply to a top guild.

StMichael
12-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Sometimes the W/L record isn't pretty, but I'd rather have 1,000 more points and a loss than lose those points.

Can we say, in a way, that it might be a better idea to declare war and get some points (even if the opponent gets more), rather not get the points?

How about other considerations, like the fact that your guardians are going to be depleted like crazy if you keep declaring war?

Lou 1xxx
12-23-2013, 10:16 PM
How about other considerations, like the fact that your guardians are going to be depleted like crazy if you keep declaring war?

top guild mostly no guardians at all...

OP: if you really wanted to declare that badly, you'd better make sure you're gonna one man army win it and not do only 5 attacks. You should also know that most top 5 guilds have gem spenders (almost around the clock) who are able to sustain near 24 hours declaring. That's why they are alright with multiple declaration.

how much points did you manage and how many gems did you spend on the last blitz war?

StMichael
12-23-2013, 10:50 PM

And why is that so? Because they are worthless?

busteroaf
12-23-2013, 11:36 PM
And why is that so? Because they are worthless?

Focus on maxing element bonuses and such first. Main reason.

StMichael
12-24-2013, 02:22 AM
Focus on maxing element bonuses and such first. Main reason.

Understand. Thanks.

The Justice
12-24-2013, 09:49 AM

OP: if you really wanted to declare that badly, you'd better make sure you're gonna one man army win it and not do only 5 attacks. You should also know that most top 5 guilds have gem spenders (almost around the clock) who are able to sustain near 24 hours declaring. That's why they are alright with multiple declaration.

how much points did you manage and how many gems did you spend on the last blitz war?

I think that the minimum number of members needed should be changed according to the guild power. Like my guild did (2 fights in 8 hour) means 0 points in 4 hrs. I could have fought, getting 1000 points, and i could have replenished my energy in the same time.
If the question about points was for me, i did only 5k points because we never fought.. and i had no intention to waste gems.

@stmichael guardian also gives a little reward.. why helping enemies? Guardians are useful if youre under top50

StMichael
12-24-2013, 04:58 PM
@stmichael guardian also gives a little reward.. why helping enemies? Guardians are useful if youre under top50

Why not also do what the top50 does, and do away with guardians too?

Bluntman
12-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Why not also do what the top50 does, and do away with guardians too? after the top 50 the guilds dont really gem for an entire war or nearly as much as a top 50. So for a top 50 guild that is going against a guardian it isn't much of a hurdle as it only takes one bar of energy or less to take down.

firefly333
12-24-2013, 07:14 PM
I think DK is going to go back to buying guardians. We only have one more elemental bonus to upgrade and then what else would we do with the gold? Form a line and give it to another guild for leveling their elemental bonus or buy guardians, those are the only two choices I can think of. Gree hasnt thought further in development to give us other options what to do with gold.

DK Shady
12-26-2013, 05:53 AM
I think DK is going to go back to buying guardians. We only have one more elemental bonus to upgrade and then what else would we do with the gold? Form a line and give it to another guild for leveling their elemental bonus or buy guardians, those are the only two choices I can think of. Gree hasnt thought further in development to give us other options what to do with gold.

Exactly, we always have BBT that still needs to max element bonuses. :-)

Ever since DK and BBT hit 75, we haven't purchased a single guardian. Prefer the money to go into element bonuses that benefit everyone in the guild forever, present and future, rather than wasted on a one hour fight to stop 3 attacks.

Randalf1
12-30-2013, 08:33 AM
We usually just ask that a roll call is made and that they have minimally 4 players on, we are typically active so this works for us

Ethanie
12-31-2013, 01:54 AM
Can we say, in a way, that it might be a better idea to declare war and get some points (even if the opponent gets more), rather not get the points?

Points are points. They determined where you ended up on the charts and THAT position determined your rewards. 1 point is better then nth, even if you ended up being the only person fighting.

Sifu
12-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Points are points. They determined where you ended up on the charts and THAT position determined your rewards. 1 point is better then nth, even if you ended up being the only person fighting.

However, if you declare in a non-spending guild when people don't have energy then people want to participate but can't. Now they get max 2 attacks per war instead of 6. You can gimp your wins trying to be too active. Win bonuses are significant.

friskie
01-01-2014, 09:02 AM
i think strategies change when you start to get high lvl guardians

declaring war right after a war when no one has energy and so mauch as wasting a $500,000gold lvl 3 guardian will get you kicked right after the war in my guild... regardless of how much you donate

The Justice
01-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Some math.

During last war (into the same guild), the number required before declaring was 8 once again. I made some observation.

-Time needed going from the moment when the first one had full energy and the moment when war started was 19mins (average). I think we could say that it's like 4 people wasting 15 minutes each (60 minutes = 2,4 energies)

-It took an average 12 minutes from start and the moment when guardian and sentinel were both defeated. We had 2 players, one for guardian and one for sentinel. So the other 6 wasted their energy. (12 minutes x 6 people = 72 minutes ... 72 minutes = 2,88 energies) and couldnt use 6 fight in that war, but max 5 (1 energy "not used" x 6 people = 6 energies)

-Sometimes people have to leave in a short time... taking time before declaring means that sometimes people have to leave before they can fight. In my experience, the average number of players lost in this way was 0,9 (I found it because they said they were full but then they didn't fight). 0,9*4 energies = 3,6 energies.

Considering guardians, sentinels, battles lost, frenzy and whatever, the average score obtained with one energy is 200, so we could say that waiting for 8 people before declaring cost to our guild
(3,6 + 2,88 + 6 + 2,4) * 200 = 2976 points.

8 people with full energy can deal max 8x6x200 = 9600. But: as it takes 12 minutes before guardian and sentinel get defeated (and these get defeated by only 2 players), 6 of our 8 people will only be able to use 5 energy... so the max points go to:
(2 x 6 x 200) + (6 x 5 x 200) = 2400 + 6000 = 8400.

Many things were ignored: people getting into the fight AFTER the war declaration (this happens whenever you declare). People leaving after saying that they are able to fight (this will lower our score). Any chance of frenzy. GEMS.

Why gems were ignored? Because gems makes one guy stronger than 8 nongemmers... any calculation should consider this, but obviously i cannot know the amount of gems that anyone is going to use.

Conclusions:
With some approximations and some easy examples, waiting for 8 people before declaring costs 2976 points, for an increased chance of win bonus. The value of the bonus will be 4200, but you could also win with 7 people, so the bonus COULD be lost, while the 2976 gets SURELY lost.

Everyone should make his own thoughts :)

firefly333
01-04-2014, 03:55 PM
-It took an average 12 minutes from start and the moment when guardian and sentinel were both defeated. We had 2 players, one for guardian and one for sentinel. So the other 6 wasted their energy.

What guild is this?

Im thinking should not take longer than 3 minutes to take down sentinel and guardian if there is one. Why is it taking 12 minutes? Maybe you need to put two on the guardian or sentinel whichever is taking so long. 12 minutes is very long.

Sounds like from your math yes, you should be declaring sooner if you have enough online to fight.

We gem and tried to slow down and the rule I was following, if two reply online they are ready to gem, declare.

Last war was the first time we tried to slow down. All other wars, we just declared one right after another, that way no energy lost.

The Justice
01-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Sorry but i cannot tell you my guild's name (actually, I left it after writing that math post).

Taking out guard and sent took such a long time because we are not a strong guild, so we often face strong guardians, and our knights are not so strong. Consider that you never know exactly when the war will start (because of the matching time), then the chosen one has to change armor depending on the enemy guardian, kill it (maybe needing an extra help), telling it in the game chat, then the sent killer needs to see that message, start fighting, and together with lag, it took an average 12 minutes :/

loophole
01-06-2014, 01:32 PM
i was always 1 or 2nd in my guild for points.... and now i've taken over as guild leader we are a lower level guild but we want serious players i'm on app line.. "loophole" add if you want...