PDA

View Full Version : Bias towards android users earning gold by watching videos

Gatecrasher
12-22-2013, 04:13 AM
iOS users have to watch 5 videos to earn 1 gold while android users get 1 for 1.

Some of my faction m8's have confirmed it is the same for them, so are there any iOS users getting 1 for 1. If not, why are we standing for this? It is clearly biased in favour of android users.

HavingFun
12-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Some of my faction m8's have confirmed it is the same for them, so are there any iOS users getting 1 for 1. If not, why are we standing for this? It is clearly biased in favour of android users.

Don't stand, sit down and relax. You earned it with this awesome discovery.

Zippy69
12-22-2013, 05:52 AM
yeah & Android Users get crappy connection everytime GREE launch a new event...

so, sort of evens itself out!

Plus Free Videos don't always appear, some days I get 5 :O) others days I get 1; most days I get feck all!

Gatecrasher
12-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Don't stand, sit down and relax. You earned it with this awesome discovery.

Ok smart azz, I think it's obvious by my post that I realise this is not a new 'discovery'. More a question as to why this is still happening.

kimberleyj
12-22-2013, 06:27 AM
i have both android and ios . i can tell you now that ios gets the better deal . even though you need to watch the vid 5 times on ios you get more vid offers so more gold. with android alot of the times the isn't any vids to watch to get gold ,i went months without getting a vid.

Gatecrasher
12-22-2013, 08:19 AM
i have both android and ios . i can tell you now that ios gets the better deal . even though you need to watch the vid 5 times on ios you get more vid offers so more gold. with android alot of the times the isn't any vids to watch to get gold ,i went months without getting a vid.

Not been playing on android long enough but recently I am getting a good return on android. I read somewhere the video offers differ depending on where you live. Personally I believe that it can depend on when the offers are released and how many views. Therefore timing can effect some of what you are offered.

Juliopel
12-22-2013, 07:53 PM
i can watch on android videos each 24 hours and it let me watch 6 videos paying me 1 gold each some days 7 videos ..

yuleizy
12-22-2013, 08:08 PM
i can watch on android videos each 24 hours and it let me watch 6 videos paying me 1 gold each some days 7 videos ..

same here :o

Guisseppe17
12-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Ha! You people use the video offer option instead of tapjoy?

*shakes head*

GucciMane
12-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Ha! You people use the video offer option instead of tapjoy?

*shakes head*

llololololol.

Although be careful, many many moons ago I signed up for a Hulu pass for the free gold, promptly cancelled it, and found they used a loophole through Apple to continue charging me (wasn't GREE's fault in any way shape or form. But **** hulu).

Caveat Emptor when using Tapjoy for free gold.

montecore
12-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Any tapjoy offer worth more than 2 gold is a scam business that couldn't get any customers without bribing them. In my experience.

Guisseppe17
12-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Any tapjoy offer worth more than 2 gold is a scam business that couldn't get any customers without bribing them. In my experience.
Yeah, usually the apps they want you to download are pretty stupid. But hey, i don't download em for the apps, I do it for the free gold.

montecore
12-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Yeah, usually the apps they want you to download are pretty stupid. But hey, i don't download em for the apps, I do it for the free gold.

I did some sort of identity safeguard BS when I first started playing. Took forever to cancel, the business wouldn't let you cancel unless you did it over the phone and their hours were very limited.

varman
12-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Not been playing on android long enough but recently I am getting a good return on android. I read somewhere the video offers differ depending on where you live. Personally I believe that it can depend on when the offers are released and how many views. Therefore timing can effect some of what you are offered.
I have 3 android accounts and I'm watching videos on all 3 devices at same time. It's random how many offers you get. This morning I got 6 videos on one device and "sorry buy gold" message on other 2

Guisseppe17
12-23-2013, 01:48 AM
I did some sort of identity safeguard BS when I first started playing. Took forever to cancel, the business wouldn't let you cancel unless you did it over the phone and their hours were very limited.
Ouch, you tried doing one of those subscription ones? No wonder...always figured those were bs so I never tried em. I'd recommend going through the tapjoy website (gives lots more offers than going through the game) and just try some of the free app download ones...all ya gotta do is download a free app, open it for like 20 seconds, and you get the gold. Range from 5-40 gold per depending on the offer. Admittedly nothing to get excited about, but feels good to keep some money out of GREE's greedy little hands.