PDA

View Full Version : Rivals List

Pages : [1] 2

Ben Raines
12-18-2013, 07:21 AM
I am being attacked by levels a lot lower and a lot higher then me since yesterday. Is there some kind of issue with the rivals list? Though I can only see levels within 1 higher and lower of mine...

[NoW] nocturnal
12-18-2013, 07:30 AM
I have been robbed by three guys today, which are all over level 200, although I am only level 106. All appear to be within my attack range.

DavidtheBoo
12-18-2013, 07:33 AM
I can also find level 200 in my rival list and I am level 154, not that I care, I make a lot of money with it hahaha

The Toe
12-18-2013, 07:34 AM
My rival list hasn't changed, still seeing my own with one up and one down. Are you on IOS?

sister morphine
12-18-2013, 07:35 AM
My rival list hasn't changed, still seeing my own with one up and one down. Are you on IOS?
Mine neither. I'm on iOS, and was wondering if it's an Android thing (again)

[NoW] nocturnal
12-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Mine neither. I'm on iOS, and was wondering if it's an Android thing (again)

I am on Android with the newest update installed and I see only people one level higher/lower as usual in my rivals list. That's total ****!

Diamond Dave
12-18-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm on ios, and since last night I can now see players of all levels with similar stats as mine. Level 202, and I've seen level 48 thru level 250.

TZora
12-18-2013, 07:41 AM
damnit! all of you havin fun and i can't see three levels above me :(

Ben Raines
12-18-2013, 07:44 AM
Android here... I want a revamped rivals list too...

sister morphine
12-18-2013, 07:51 AM
damnit! all of you havin fun and i can't see three levels above me :(
Rivals used to open up back in the day from time to time - although it was lower levels could see right to the top then. I only had it once, but got to chat with Xenoke from it (the real one that is, not the Payam false one who used to spam everybody on my wall.... and that was a lot, cos I had a very busy wall then)

KingOW
12-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Time to start banking? Haven't lost money in weeks but this doesn't sound good.

Jk2
12-18-2013, 07:56 AM
A lot of guys in my syn can see rivals of all levels too, but I can't. Is this a glitch? If not it should be available for all players.

Jackhole
12-18-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm on i07 as well. I wish I could see levels above me, but my rivals list only goes one level above and one below. I want to make some cash. I'm tired of farming for victims

Op23june
12-18-2013, 08:08 AM
same problem here cant see different lvl player in rival list..meanwhile others are enjoying it robbing whoever they can my friend can rob anyone i can both of us on android lastest version and latest data.....since ltb is costly if this is a change gree should let us know...or fix it up fast...but i hope it continues....but fix for all others who cant see higher level rival....

DavidtheBoo
12-18-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm on iOS 6.1.3 btw

cditti
12-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Sounds like they(higher level) can see down but cant see back the other way.

[NoW] nocturnal
12-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Can someone who is on Android and has got an open rivals list with the whole level-range post his/her version please.

Peppers
12-18-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm iOS and L157.

I can only see L156 and 157, but I'm getting attacked by people who are L250.

Thanks Gree. I'm so glad all my hard work to be one of the strongest at my level is paying off. :(

Joe bananas
12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
This should be an event. 24hrs of no level restrictions.

CitrineMondeoRSi
12-18-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm experiencing the same with my second account but not my main...

Main = Level 179, iOS 5.1
Second = Level 84, iOS 6.0.1

Maybe iOS 6 specific? All rivals are of an almost identical att/def banding (3.2-3.3m) on the iOS 6 handset... Level 84 account has been robbed by level 250s in the last 24 hours and sees anything from level 45(ish) to 250 on RL... On the upside, I had an opportunity to rob the sh** out of MWWM Big Shotty (AKA Founder Shotty) up at level 239... That made me do a smile...

Max Power
12-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I am being attacked by people 100 levels below me with similar stats. My rival list doesnt display this way, but others can clearly see me. Also, i have about 250 mob and am getting attacked by people with 500 mob.I am on the latest ios. 7 something.

Max Power
12-18-2013, 06:19 PM
LOL...I just checked my camper and I am getting drilled by people 150 levels above me. Gree, you guys are such morons. Geez.

OneHoop
12-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Official response? I'm getting robbed by higher levels but have a normal rival list myself. Same goes for many in my syndicate.

M@

candyson
12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
I would like to thank Gree for this issue, because the person who robbed me because of this glitch is a much better target than the people at my level. I've been camping his hood for hours now, because he has a higher IPH than everyone at my level.

Travers
12-18-2013, 08:04 PM
I hope Gree makes this a permanent thing for everyone, time to hunt some lvl 250s

Peppers
12-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Atleast let us lower levels also see the L250's! If this is the new normal, make it go both ways.

There's no one to rob down here...

TooFlyRobbie
12-18-2013, 09:20 PM
You can only see rivals with similar stats, ex: 2m can see 1.8m and 2.2-4m. Mini me has this glitch/feature, and this is how it should be, way more fun

Aequitas
12-18-2013, 10:29 PM
We are striving to make the matches worthy of the name "Rival" and therefore make the experience more fair and engaging for everyone involved.

A new matching system which attempts to take a more accurate approach to rivalry has rolled out to a small percentage of players at random. It's not client platform or version specific.

We will continue to monitor the health and quality of the system via raw data and player feedback while tuning it and rolling it out to more players as confidence levels increase. Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged during this process.

If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing.

LOL...I just checked my camper and I am getting drilled by people 150 levels above me. Gree, you guys are such morons. Geez.
Max, we heard you and were compelled by your well-reasoned and level-headed argument.

Initially level wasn't a large component in the new matching system. Within minutes of your post we jumped into action.

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by very high leveled players and instead by other campers in a more similar level range.

Lebsta
12-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Max, we heard you and were compelled by your well-reasoned and level-headed argument.

Initially level wasn't a large component in the new matching system. Within minutes of your post we jumped into action.

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by higher leveled players and instead by other campers in a similar level range.

LOL funniest thing i have heard all day, almost as funny as the cowboys losing again.

Also i would love this rolled out to my mini, would be alot of target i could get some decent cash from.

Jk2
12-18-2013, 10:38 PM
We are striving to make the matches worthy of the name "Rival" and therefore make the experience more fair and engaging for everyone involved.

A new matching system which attempts to take a more accurate approach to rivalry has rolled out to a small percentage of players at random. It's not client platform or version specific.

We will continue to monitor the health and quality of the system via raw data and player feedback while tuning it and rolling it out to more players as confidence levels increase. Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged during this process.

If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing.

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by higher leveled players and instead by other campers in a similar level range.

I would love to be able to rob higher level players. Most players at my level either have no iph or crazy high stats so I virtually can't rob anybody. I hope this feature gets passed along to all accounts ASAP.

candyson
12-18-2013, 11:00 PM

I really like this change, just wish that it was available to everyone
please don't limit the levels... I want to be robbed by higher level players, so I can rob them back.

liles5453
12-18-2013, 11:16 PM

I love this response!

Zendfrim
12-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Unacceptable. So you've once again changed the nature of the game. I have carefully built my income and worked to stay away from folks that can take in game money from me. I deserve that position. You guys are ok with completely messing up the game for folks like myself yet you refuse to update things like defensive buildings, and hood sizes. You've completely negated 2.5 years of hardcore income building and careful methodical leveling. This game will soon become untenable to folks like myself, whom enjoy building a financial empire and defending it from scum.

Tell me this. When will defense buildings and hood sizes be updated and expanded? Defense buildings should at least have 100 times their current defense amount to scale with current stats. When are you going to require income so that everyone can be robbed equally? You've just made me one of the biggest targets in the game as I have nearly 50 million per hour in income. There are maybe 20 other folks in the game around that range, none of which I can attack or defend against. No one at my level has income anywhere near mine. Completely unfair, one sided, and bullsht.

You guys need to match based on INCOME too. Frankly no one at my level would ever be allowed to attack me if you factored income equivalence.

Guess I will prepare to quit. I have a modest 20 billion on hand. Lets see if its all gone in a year. You guys need to put your lousy system back to the way it was, I don't care how fair it is or how many people have quit. Your best fix is to further break the game. Start with defense buildings and hood sizes.

Op23june
12-19-2013, 12:04 AM
really like this change cant wait to rob ...lvl 250...rivals...good thing so that everyone will be able to make their iph hood and ltb upgrade....rob and get robbed if u are not active.....make it for everyone...

the_dude
12-19-2013, 12:51 AM

This is the most horribly UNFAIR thing you have done yet in regards to game mechanics.

You are punishing people with a high IPH that worked hard to build this achievement. You are forcing them to no longer be able to play the game as it was intended. No more robbing or attacking for them. Anyone with a high IPH will be robbed constantly with no recourse. Are you deliberately trying to ruin the game?

Also, if you can only fight and rob people your own attack level you can no longer blind attack. So you might as well remove that button too.

...its a sad day in CC when the best strategy is to sell all your buildings and become a Lupo

ZURENNARRH
12-19-2013, 01:26 AM
I agree with zendfrim and the_dude 100%. Absolutely terrible change. How about you answer tickets and hand out the prizes that teams earned LAST WEEKEND rather than meddle and break the game causing even more issues that will also be left without answers

Auxilium
12-19-2013, 01:40 AM
This new change is terrible in so many ways for the players, but also for Gree. If your rivals is based on atk/def, then please explain me why in the world would someone spend gold to increase their stats? You will just see new people on the rivals list that are AGAIN the same strength. The whole point of improving your stats is gone, it won't benefit you at all.

Me and many others have worked hard to be stronger than your opponents, planning on events and also planning for income, which is now useless, because the game play won't be different now if you f*ck everything up or you try to become the best of your lvl.

the_dude
12-19-2013, 01:54 AM
If your rivals is based on atk/def, then please explain me why in the world would someone spend gold to increase their stats? You will just see new people on the rivals list that are AGAIN the same strength. The whole point of improving your stats is gone, it won't benefit you at all

Thats a good point. Once this goes into effect, there really isnt any reason to play the game at all anymore. There is no point to getting stronger. And since defense against robs is non existant unless you are twice as strong as your opponent you will always be getting robbed.

TZora
12-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Aequitas: hey cj, how u doin?

CJ: ai'mate i'm good, just bothered a little ..

Aequitos: about what?

CJ: crimecity players are having lots of fun!

Aequitos: but i thought they were crying and pissed!

CJ: yea they're but i'm not "that" happy, yet ...

Aequitos: so, what do we do?

CJ: umm let's take the game to a whole new level .. let's just make it ... hell! i want people to bang their heads against some wall or something *gives an evil grin*

Aequitos: eh i understand, who could understand that better than me *devil laughter*

CJ: there's my man!

Aequitos: watch em crying like little babies now *pulls the plug*

Customers: booooooo #&^@%#*& #($*#&^#*$# (&((#**^#*&(& gree

CJ, Aequitos and the whole gang goes laughing and giving high-fives! Yayyyy!! we did it once again!!!

Joe bananas
12-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Thats a good point. Once this goes into effect, there really isnt any reason to play the game at all anymore. There is no point to getting stronger. And since defense against robs is non existant unless you are twice as strong as your opponent you will always be getting robbed.

Ok so we don't need to get stronger anymore, that also means -
Don't need to level up anymore - I have enough energy and stamina to do nothing.
There's no need to build an economy anymore - don't need those LTB rewards anymore, thanks.
Respect points are worth nothing.
There is no strategy left.
Please Gree tell us what is left in the game. What is our incentive to play on ??

sister morphine
12-19-2013, 03:05 AM
Agreed.

As Zend has said, defence buildings need to be made worthwhile again. All the old players know the building stats were slashed from what appears on the profiles to a tiny fraction of it because robberies in the early days were so hard to achieve when players were filling their hoods with forests of towers etc. Stat inflation has completely destroyed that rationale so the original stats for buildings need to be restored (and preferably hugely increased).

Secondly, the armies of new players with garbage hoods need to be encouraged to develop their economies. A good way to do that would be to introduce more syndicate bonuses, particularly one to boost energy/health recovery. But it shouldn't be at the expense of players who've worked hard to get a high earning hood. I get attacked a lot by big stat/low income players - when all they could take was a few hundred thousand I didn't really care beyond the annoyance factor, but when Gree bounced the money take up so I now lose millions each time it began to seriously pee me off.

So (i) restore the credibility of defence, (ii) slash money lost to attacks (not robberies) back down to the $30k it used to be, or even less.

CitrineMondeoRSi
12-19-2013, 06:02 AM

Where would one go about providing such feedback please Aequitas? I have plenty of well reasoned and insightful feedback to give but I'm concerned that if I send it to support they'll ignore it for a week then close the ticket without reading it.

"We hope that whatever you wrote to us about has gone away, seeing as we didn't read it. If you're still experiencing the issue please reply to this email and wait another week before receiving a response"...

M$T Raw
12-19-2013, 06:25 AM
to be fair i like the idea of stat based rival list, im gutted i havent got mine yet

Bobcc68
12-19-2013, 06:36 AM
I can understand people’s frustrations with this but being a "random" beneficiary I find it quite fun. It does make it a lot quicker to find a potential target; in fact it now means I have targets to rob as there are not too many decent ones at lvl 150.

TheRealAnarchy
12-19-2013, 06:55 AM
I hope you guys aren't thinking of starting another PvP tournament while testing this new feature.... just sayin'....

cynicalmofo
12-19-2013, 07:04 AM
I can understand people’s frustrations with this but being a "random" beneficiary I find it quite fun. It does make it a lot quicker to find a potential target; in fact it now means I have targets to rob as there are not too many decent ones at lvl 150.

How is that helpful? You're finding all of the people that are around your strength when you would have previously been finding weak players with potentially high IPH's. Those people were targets.

Why am I staying at level 60 when the only thing that benefits me being down here is the points in syndicate wars that I score against higher level players?

I feel cheated at the moment as I spent real money to make sure my stats were better than almost everyone at my level so I could happily build my IPH without being robbed. Now I have a level 149 with less than 200k IPH robbing me daily...

The sickening thing about it is the age of his account - less than 2 months with 3m Att/Def thanks to the last kill 100 boss

Fredfreddy
12-19-2013, 07:19 AM
I echo everyone else. This change destroys the motivation for IPH and hood development, removing an element that a good chunk of folks enjoy. I also makes "getting stronger" pretty pointless as well, seems like the change will do nothing but lessen gold spend.

TheRealAnarchy
12-19-2013, 08:13 AM
I feel cheated at the moment as I spent real money to make sure my stats were better than almost everyone at my level so I could happily build my IPH without being robbed. Now I have a level 149 with less than 200k IPH robbing me daily...

The sickening thing about it is the age of his account - less than 2 months with 3m Att/Def thanks to the last kill 100 boss

Sorry, but I can't help laughing uncontrollably at this...

FatMan n' Robbin
12-19-2013, 08:27 AM

i think a more fair engaging is having a variety of players on the vicinity of your level. whats the point of having all strong members like you? all the fun is when its a big fat food chain - some are stronger some are weaker.
i just got robbed for the first time in months by a lvl 100 whose stats are like mine (stat inflation and ridiculously weak boss events under lvl 100) but his IPH was so poor lol
anyway i hate the new rival list system. especially when all i can see is 2 lvls below and above me while still being robbed by much lower lvls.
and if you match players of the same strength match their IPH also.

jmeijer
12-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Unacceptable. So you've once again changed the nature of the game. I have carefully built my income and worked to stay away from folks that can take in game money from me. I deserve that position. You guys are ok with completely messing up the game for folks like myself yet you refuse to update things like defensive buildings, and hood sizes. You've completely negated 2.5 years of hardcore income building and careful methodical leveling. This game will soon become untenable to folks like myself, whom enjoy building a financial empire and defending it from scum.

Tell me this. When will defense buildings and hood sizes be updated and expanded? Defense buildings should at least have 100 times their current defense amount to scale with current stats. When are you going to require income so that everyone can be robbed equally? You've just made me one of the biggest targets in the game as I have nearly 50 million per hour in income. There are maybe 20 other folks in the game around that range, none of which I can attack or defend against. No one at my level has income anywhere near mine. Completely unfair, one sided, and bullsht.

You guys need to match based on INCOME too. Frankly no one at my level would ever be allowed to attack me if you factored income equivalence.

Guess I will prepare to quit. I have a modest 20 billion on hand. Lets see if its all gone in a year. You guys need to put your lousy system back to the way it was, I don't care how fair it is or how many people have quit. Your best fix is to further break the game. Start with defense buildings and hood sizes.I completely agree with you. I did never see anyone with a better IPH at my level, for more than two years, until I saw your profile. And that was about two weeks ago. Big props for your amazing IPH and the time you invested in your hood.

Listen to his response Gree. The rivals list is not the way to change things in this game. Start with changing peoples hoods, it would be a good option to erase the roads and let people build on that space too. Delete defense buildings or make them relevant again, like in the Funzio days. I can only see rivals from the levels around mine, and not more than 2 levels below or above me. This is the way it's supposed to be imo.

Bariel
12-19-2013, 09:34 AM
To add another voice to this it's truly a terrible idea that needs removing ASAP I'm now being attacked by players lower and higher than myself with similar stats purely because I have a good IPH, the only point in having an income at all is for Syndicate bonuses and LTBs, well my syndicate is fully upgraded and what's the point of doing an LTB to get more stats when it just makes me a bigger target as I can't escape being attacked.

This is only good for players who have poor IPH.

It also renders the defence stat irrelevant since you'll get matched to players you can always beat, no hope for anyone to defend against robs or attacks. Please put things back as they were and think about the knock on impacts of changes before they get made

ImWoey
12-19-2013, 09:43 AM
I know this has been said many times but this just wont work in a game like CC, this update basically makes stats irrelevant.

How? If you get matched up against similar stats instead of levels then you always have a chance to win/lose, removing any "strategy" (Notice the quotation marks for sarcasm, considering there is none needed in CC nowadays)

Now its basically attack/rob with a 50% chance of winning, stats are useless.

Sweet! I got a new item and im now stronger! Nope. You now have stronger rivals, that just target your IPH.

Good move GREE!

Zendfrim
12-19-2013, 09:53 AM

If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing.Clearly you have no concept of what "equal footing" is in your own product. Equal footing in this game INCLUDES INCOME LEVEL. I am not going to "just get up in there," to a hood that isn't worth even ONE TENTH what mine is, just to have that same piece of scum come back and walk away with 100 TIMES what I took from them. This is NOT an acceptable solution unless you implement ULTRA EXPENSIVE AND EFFECTIVE defensive buildings THAT SCALE WITH YOUR RIDICULOUS STAT INFLATION, designed ONLY for those with ULTRA HIGH incomes. Sorry for caps but you folks DO NOT understand your own product. Quite frankly I am tired of your ignorance.

It's not even this one mod. It's the lot of your company. You've ruined the gameplay. This is one change you need to immediately undo or implement the defensive actions I stated above. Defense buildings with up to hundreds of thousands of points to stop robberies by just random idiots are needed.

You CAN make new buildings. You CAN make scaleable stats on them. You CAN make larger hoods. DO IT. If you plan to stick with this model, I deserve to be able to COMPLETELY defend myself from those unworthy of even entering my hood.

Or you can take the easy way out and undo this ridiculous change. You stand to lose a bunch of loyal players, and therefore income, and have your company go down in flames financially if you leave this the way it is. I sure wouldn't mind the complete dissolution of your company.

Berberbull
12-19-2013, 10:36 AM

If it hasn't already, expect your camper to start getting drilled much less by very high leveled players and instead by other campers in a more similar level range.

Hi, i usually just reads on the forums. But i must say, this change was a massively great improvement. This game is called Crime City and thus robbing should be one of the main factors in this game.

Ok, so first the change was made without a level requirement, and i was immediately very excited. Then you changed to about +-15 levels range, which in my opinion is to small of a difference and the initial change were better. And i tell you why:

* So high level players are now worried they now have more players who will rob them, well true. but how many lvl 250 players are there already? If you have bad stats at 250 for instance, chances are you are being robbed nonstop anyways. This should also give them an incentive to get better stats.

* New players joining this game can not rush up the levels because this will make them a easy target in wars and attacks/robs. And trying to rob people in the lower levels is just futile because there are very few with good income, so robbing takes too long and takes to much time vs payout. I have a couple of characters and i don't rob with anyone of them because it takes too long to find a victim. Which is very boring for those in the lower levels.

*High level players will probably seek victims in higher lvl ranges because the odds increase that the victim will be worth robbing.

* When syndicate wars was introduced this game became increasingly more fun. Not only did you get to fight other syndicates and see who were better but you got great rewards for it! That sadly got less attractive when syndicate events gave more stats for the work you put in. So now there was only events for low level players to have fun with. And they are pretty fun, but not extremely fun (because they are too many).

This will increase robberies, but that's the whole point, i got robbed today first time in 6 weeks by a 150 lvl higher player and i got a little annoyed at first, but then my mindset changed because i got a link to him so i can give him some payback!

I understand this new function is still in development, which is good! Because this will give you time to tweak it! My entire point is +-15 levels is to small of a difference, cant you go somewhere in the middle, lets say +- 75 levels or something like that?

Ben Raines
12-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Where would one go about providing such feedback please Aequitas? I have plenty of well reasoned and insightful feedback to give but I'm concerned that if I send it to support they'll ignore it for a week then close the ticket without reading it.

"We hope that whatever you wrote to us about has gone away, seeing as we didn't read it. If you're still experiencing the issue please reply to this email and wait another week before receiving a response"...

Try this number 415-409-5200 maybe a gree employee will talk to you... Since all the did is hang up on me

Jerle
12-19-2013, 10:42 AM
The goal isn't to make win/loss 50/50. That would defeat the purpose of getting stronger. The rival's list has been REALLY out of whack for months though and that's why we're experimenting with ways to improve the feature.

The feedback about income level being a suggested factor is great, we're going to be discussing that and other findings so far in a team meeting today.

TheRealAnarchy
12-19-2013, 10:52 AM
The goal isn't to make win/loss 50/50. That would defeat the purpose of getting stronger. The rival's list has been REALLY out of whack for months though and that's why we're experimenting with ways to improve the feature.

The feedback about income level being a suggested factor is great, we're going to be discussing that and other findings so far in a team meeting today.

Why don't you just "open up" the rivals list so that we can see further up and down in it...?

Why would I ever want to target players with the same IPH as myself? I want to find the ones with higher IPH of course and avoid the coinflips with players of equal or lesser IPH.

Ben Raines
12-19-2013, 10:56 AM

How about opening it up for everyone and not just a select few that can take advantage of the situation leaving the rest of us to have to deal with them and not having an option of doing the same thing.

mxz
12-19-2013, 11:08 AM
This is probably the single least thought out change you guys have had. When everyone in Modern War said this was a fantastically bad idea and revolted against it - forcing you to revert - I would have thought you'd at least ask the CC community if they wanted the game to get even more imbalanced (level 150's being able to rob level 18's blind?).

If you want to do away with levels - then do it, but match based on something that is actually fair - Zen's idea of IPH is good, or gold purchases would be good places to start.

TooFlyRobbie
12-19-2013, 11:14 AM

What you guys have to do is implement a "search player" option so people start bullying other players and attack "enemies". Thats what the game is about, crime. Crime City.

And if players dont like getting ass kicked they can change their names, ask friends for help, beg for mercy, or quit. People who say "oh i get robbed by stronger players with higher level", just dont know what the game is about. I bet you itll be more fun this way in the future.

the_dude
12-19-2013, 11:15 AM
To implement this new type of rivals list on a permanent basis will ruin the game imo. Why not open up the rivals list just for special events like you did for the old individual pvp. Those events were actually fun, and it wasnt a permanent adjustment to mechanics the entire game is built around. Also bringing back consumable explosives like the toilet paper, footballs, and snowball bombs would mix it up a bit and make it more interesting.

Travers
12-19-2013, 11:24 AM
The people who have 50 million iph, why do you care if you get robbed? You have more money in 2 hours than most people make in a week. I think its fair game to do this, makes the game much more interesting

the_dude
12-19-2013, 11:34 AM
The people who have 50 million iph, why do you care if you get robbed? You have more money in 2 hours than most people make in a week. I think its fair game to do this, makes the game much more interesting

"More interesting" if you have a crappy hood you mean. What do you think is going to happen if having a high IPH makes you a constant target? People are going to stop collecting their buildings and leave them robbed, or sell them off. Within a few weeks you wont find anyone with good buildings to rob anymore and the game will be dead.

greenwood
12-19-2013, 11:35 AM
The main problem is the the hundreds or possibly thousands of players on every level that obviously no longer play the game. If there is no activity for a certain period of time, say a month, delete their account. This would also help with the horrible lag time/server crashing. Thanks for at least trying to to make the game better though.

mxz
12-19-2013, 11:44 AM
The main problem is the the hundreds or possibly thousands of players on every level that obviously no longer play the game. If there is no activity for a certain period of time, say a month, delete their account. This would also help with the horrible lag time/server crashing. Thanks for at least trying to to make the game better though.After 30 days of inactivity you fall off the rivals list.

Zendfrim
12-19-2013, 11:51 AM

Spoken like someone who hasn't invested a single second or real dollar into their hood. You are unworthy to set foot in my hood regardless of how much I make. I didn't spend two and a half years so you could walk in one day and get rich. It's not even your fault. I can't expect you not to be happy. Mooches are always happy when they get the break they need.

Ben Raines
12-19-2013, 12:04 PM

Don't really care about being robbed. I just want to have the same option as those robbing me. Why can I be robbed by higher/lower lvls but can rob higher/lower lvls. I like the idea just not the way it was rolled out...

greenwood
12-19-2013, 12:04 PM
After 30 days of inactivity you fall off the rivals list.

Fair enough, let's go to war then! I can see a lot of gold players abandonning their top 250 syndicates already.

the_dude
12-19-2013, 12:13 PM
After 30 days of inactivity you fall off the rivals list.

Brilliant idea! Get rid of all the dead hoods from the RL but dont delete them in case they are just taking a break. Then open up the RL to a specific number of players in or around the same level as you. This will open up the levels a lot and it wouldn't be based on stats.

greenwood
12-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Brilliant idea! Get rid of all the dead hoods from the RL but dont delete them in case they are just taking a break. Then open up the RL to a specific number of players in or around the same level as you. This will open up the levels a lot and it wouldn't be based on stats.

Oh, i thought mxz was saying they already did that? He was agreeing with me?

the_dude
12-19-2013, 12:23 PM

It sounded like he was ammending or improving your arguement. No, the RL is still cluttered with dead weight as far as i can tell.

Bobcc68
12-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Spoken like someone who hasn't invested a single second or real dollar into their hood. You are unworthy to set foot in my hood regardless of how much I make. I didn't spend two and a half years so you could walk in one day and get rich. It's not even your fault. I can't expect you not to be happy. Mooches are always happy when they get the break they need.

I have, except only 18 months of spending real life money. Surely, the title of the game says it all - "Crime City", not "Wall Street" or in my case "Square Mile") Money Making sim?

Fredfreddy
12-19-2013, 12:30 PM
What you guys have to do is implement a "search player" option so people start bullying other players and attack "enemies". Thats what the game is about, crime. Crime City.

And if players dont like getting ass kicked they can change their names, ask friends for help, beg for mercy, or quit. People who say "oh i get robbed by stronger players with higher level", just dont know what the game is about. I bet you itll be more fun this way in the future.

This will make it incredibly easy to scout during war, and also pointless to build up your hood.

Sir Reddevil
12-19-2013, 12:30 PM
My biggest issue with this game, is defense. Prior to stat inflation I was amazed at how little defense meant in this game. Now that hyperinflation has run amok, defense (both building & weapon) is virtually, I mean, is, useless. CC is one of the very few strategy (lol) games that advertises defensive buildings, but doesn't describe how they work; perhaps because they don't work at all. Other than that, big thumbs up to disturbing your consumers once again.

TooFlyRobbie
12-19-2013, 12:44 PM
This will make it incredibly easy to scout during war, and also pointless to build up your hood.

It is true about the scouting, but with all intel sharing room on groupme, line, palringo, or kakao, its still incredibly easy, easier than searching for the players one by one.

As for the hood, people have already rage quit or sold their hoods because they get robbed by players of the same level with higher stats, players come and go. Many would say there would be no point because they dont like getting robbed. But its "Crime City", I also play "Candy Crush", I dont get robbed there. What GREE just did is just an improvement towards what the game is really supposed to be, crime.

Edit: Or they could make the players that are "Fighting" not searchable during the battle. Thats fair.

Sir Reddevil
12-19-2013, 12:55 PM
I agree that the game involves crime. Obviously. The makers encourage players to "build your own empire."

Nonetheless, I would like to believe that any person or organization building an empire would also make sure they can adequately defend themselves. Wouldn't any organized crime syndicate carry protection for defensive purposes? So yes, there is one element of crime on display in crime city, which is robbing/attacking. One element that the game is lacking is defense. One step in rectifying that situation would be to make defense buildings, well, let's say, defend? protect

Fredfreddy
12-19-2013, 12:59 PM
It is true about the scouting, but with all intel sharing room on groupme, line, palringo, or kakao, its still incredibly easy, easier than searching for the players one by one..

Resourceful syndicates/members are rewarded with stats via these 3rd party methods. There's a huge portion of players in this game (<top100) who don't have access or don't track this. It would literally make war completely boring and pointless. every team would find the weak link every time with no risk of loss, losing IP via scouting, etc.

As for the hood, people have already rage quit or sold their hoods because they get robbed by players of the same level with higher stats, players come and go. Many would say there would be no point because they dont like getting robbed. But its "Crime City", I also play "Candy Crush", I dont get robbed there. What GREE just did is just an improvement towards what the game is really supposed to be, crime.

I agree that robbery is an important aspect of the game, but again, being able to search for victims is overkill. If implemented, there would be a google doc within 24 hours later of high IPH/low stat folks. Like I said, there would be no point in hood development anymore. If they want to widen the robbery tier a few levels, sure, go for it. Ability to search would ironically make robberies much worse as folks would sell off hoods and there would be very few folks to rob.

Jerle
12-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Victim search will never be implemented.

Defense in general is something else we'll be talking about today, thanks for those providing constructive feedback.

pappboy06
12-19-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm on android and I can only see 1 level lower and same level as me. Not 1 level higher. Level 128 here

TooFlyRobbie
12-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I agree that robbery is an important aspect of the game, but again, being able to search for victims is overkill. If implemented, there would be a google doc within 24 hours later of high IPH/low stat folks. Like I said, there would be no point in hood development anymore. If they want to widen the robbery tier a few levels, sure, go for it. Ability to search would ironically make robberies much worse as folks would sell off hoods and there would be very few folks to rob.

Good point. But again, making the rivals not searchable during battle would get rid of that "disadvantage", making the players scout or look for intel as consequence. It's too bad they wont implement it :--( I already had my Hit List.

SC4R
12-19-2013, 01:51 PM
the the higher level players will have an advantage with more stamina than lower level players

Fredfreddy
12-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Good point. But again, making the rivals not searchable during battle would get rid of that "disadvantage", making the players scout or look for intel as consequence. It's too bad they wont implement it :--( I already had my Hit List.

Yep... Bald Zeemer, Bald Zeemer, Bald Zeemer. Being gone a month or so means he's seriously funding the L250 folks since they've all inflated to his stats

TooFlyRobbie
12-19-2013, 01:59 PM
I believe that after a month of inactivity, a player cant be seen, nor robbed.

Sir Reddevil
12-19-2013, 02:08 PM
The moderator has already stated there will be no "victim search." You guys can call it a player search, name search & etc. The moderator is correctly stating what entails such a search...victimization. In calling it a "victim search", the moderator, I believe, was hoping we could all read between the lines. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

mxz
12-19-2013, 02:47 PM
It sounded like he was ammending or improving your arguement. It's already implemented. From what I can tell it's been that way for years, possibly since the beginning.

AttackCat
12-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Back when I started playing Crime City, I wasn't very smart and put 175 points in defense and attack. The fact we can't change our skills is one thing but what really aggravates me is some doofus with 180K attack successfully robs from my 260K defense hood and my 175 points in defense don't do a single thing. In addition to making defense buildings relevant, could you guys look into making defense points relevant? Like every single point in defense increases defense by 0.1%. I am talking about 350 odd skill points here :(

Guisseppe17
12-19-2013, 03:35 PM

Thank god, someone who knows what they're doing around here and listens to the players. It's nice to meet you Aequitas.

I must say, I like the idea of testing new ideas out on a small group, it's much better than throwing it out to everyone and then having everyone furious if something goes wrong. But could you maybe send some sort of message to everyone in-game and let them know a beta test of sorts is happening? It would spare a lot of confusion if this sort of test becomes the norm (which hopefully it will).

Travers
12-19-2013, 03:54 PM

I have 5 million iph, so yes I invested time. But i always rob people cause it is fun. idc if they rob me

Guisseppe17
12-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Oh, and this is just an idea here so don't scream bloody murder at me, but what if the rivals list was just completely, 100% random? No limits at all, just completely random. Yes, 250's would see 25's and vice versa, but if the list is random, you'd be cycling though so many accounts it'd be almost impossible to find the same person again. Now you might be thinking, well hey, if I can't have favorite rob targets to rob blind 24/7, then this is stupid. But if it cycles through the entire player base, you'd be seeing people of all different IPH's, and I think in the long run you might make more from robbing a bunch of different high IPH players once than two or three high IPH players several times on a daily basis.

Travers
12-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Oh, and this is just an idea here so don't scream bloody murder at me, but what if the rivals list was just completely, 100% random? No limits at all, just completely random. Yes, 250's would see 25's and vice versa, but if the list is random, you'd be cycling though so many accounts it'd be almost impossible to find the same person again. Now you might be thinking, well hey, if I can't have favorite rob targets to rob blind 24/7, then this is stupid. But if it cycles through the entire player base, you'd be seeing people of all different IPH's, and I think in the long run you might make more from robbing a bunch of different high IPH players once than two or three high IPH players several times on a daily basis.

Yeah I agree, that would be much more fun

Bobcc68
12-19-2013, 04:26 PM
How is that helpful? You're finding all of the people that are around your strength when you would have previously been finding weak players with potentially high IPH's. Those people were targets.

Sorry cyniclemofo missed your reply and forgot it’s best not to have a contra argument on this forum…

It is beneficial because I can now find my targets straight away instead of hunting around for 20 mins each one which means I can actually spend more time in real life.

Why am I staying at level 60 when the only thing that benefits me being down here is the points in syndicate wars that I score against higher level players?

And I have no idea why you are staying at level 60, hasn’t the past few months suggested to you that camping / staying at that level is not the best idea anymore? As you know, people have shot past you in no time at all, as I myself have found at my seemingly “high” (to you) level 150 account

I am not someone who is new with a poor IPH, although obviously no where near yours I do make 2m and I have spent plenty of real money on this game with my account as have you, but as I said in an earlier post, I know the game was called “Crime City” not ”Wall street / Square Mile City”

Yes, Gree make mistakes but as they have said they are trialling this and gauging all feedback and you must realise that everyone has their own view point and you can not have a game that doesn’t attract new people and give them a chance to succeed as well as the old veterans

Max Power
12-19-2013, 04:45 PM

LOL...first time I have called you guys a name and I get a response!

I gotta tell ya, as a guy that has spent 2.5 years building 2 hoods on a certain strategy, this throws all my work and investment out the window. There should be a reward for being the best guy at your level, and the reward should NOT be getting mauled by guys 150 levels above you. You will completely wipe out entire strategies with this change.

Yes, there are some people that will like it. Those would be the people who are weak for their level, too lazy to have built their own hoods, and too stupid to understand strategies and game mechanics. Why should those people be rewarded? It makes no sense. If my level 31 is constantly destroyed by the 175s, I will simply shut it down. Same goes for my HLP account as well.

Simply put, it is entirely unfair to punish your most loyal players and customers this way. I know your TOS probably allow it, but to me a change this drastic is borderline breach of contract. Please do not do it. That's my feedback. Thank you.

Cobra Shuttle
12-19-2013, 04:55 PM

What has been out of whack with it? Its been fine with my two accounts and everyone else I know who plays. We can see a few levels above and below. With the way it is now there is no reason to play anymore. Stats and strategy don't mean anything anymore if you are always paired with people who can attack you.

Now I am paired up with people who have over 500k more attack than me all the time so I can't even find people to attack, and all those people I could attack and rob before around my level who were weaker and gone forever.

My mini account is now useless as I played it for over a year to build up a certain economy that I didn't have to play it multiple times a day to be successful, now it will be robbed just as often if I don't collect right away as my main account. You guys screwed this up big time. The old way was fine.

Phillip99
12-19-2013, 05:01 PM
This is not fair to people who have worked to be the strongest at their level, especially those with high iph who have worked to get strong to defend it

Cobra Shuttle
12-19-2013, 05:02 PM
LOL...first time I have called you guys a name and I get a response!

I gotta tell ya, as a guy that has spent 2.5 years building 2 hoods on a certain strategy, this throws all my work and investment out the window. There should be a reward for being the best guy at your level, and the reward should NOT be getting mauled by guys 150 levels above you. You will completely wipe out entire strategies with this change.

Yes, there are some people that will like it. Those would be the people who are weak for their level, too lazy to have built their own hoods, and too stupid to understand strategies and game mechanics. Why should those people be rewarded? It makes no sense. If my level 31 is constantly destroyed by the 175s, I will simply shut it down. Same goes for my HLP account as well.

Simply put, it is entirely unfair to punish your most loyal players and customers this way. I know your TOS probably allow it, but to me a change this drastic is borderline breach of contract. Please do not do it. That's my feedback. Thank you.

Well said. Exactly how I feel. But this tends to happens with games that get updates. The designers tend to after a while cater to the worst players who are the majority because it's all about making money, not making a better game.

Phillip99
12-19-2013, 05:02 PM
What is the point of improving your stats now, no matter what you will get attacked.....get stronger, you will be attacked by stronger players

Phillip99
12-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Currently I have high iph, but it is okay because most can't rob me as I have worked hard to get high def stats. Now all my hard work is down the drain as many will be able to rob me with this format. And low iph players will rob me so I will not be able to get even....unless I want the 500 dollars from their pizza parlors.

Guisseppe17
12-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm tellin ya guys, making the rivals list 100% random would fix all of this and make it much more interesting...

Cobra Shuttle
12-19-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm tellin ya guys, making the rivals list 100% random would fix all of this and make it much more interesting...

I didn't think there could be a worse solution to the way things are now, but there you go.

Travers
12-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Gree will make it out right. I think they will make it so everyone can attack everyone. That would be the way I want it. Would be so much fun to attack my rivals instead of just some people I have no idea who they are

Guisseppe17
12-19-2013, 05:54 PM
I didn't think there could be a worse solution to the way things are now, but there you go.
Well cobra, why do you think that would be worse? Please, shoot me some specific details instead of just "well that sucks". I might be able to change your mind XD

mxz
12-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Well said. Exactly how I feel. But this tends to happens with games that get updates. The designers tend to after a while cater to the worst players who are the majority because it's all about making money, not making a better game.CCM did say he liked Supercell a lot more because their focus wasn't (paraphrasing) come up with a way to make money, build game but rather make something fun and monetize it. Based on how Supercell's doing and how Gree's doing...maybe he was onto something :confused:

Dubstik
12-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Yet again the long time players gets screwed...
http://i.imgur.com/O2d76Va.jpg

Fredfreddy
12-19-2013, 07:39 PM
I believe that after a month of inactivity, a player cant be seen, nor robbed.

I saw that posted too but seems unlikely, I'm in the 90s and see players with 10k/10k stats and crap hoods all the time. Seems unlikely those are active, you'd literally have to do nothing, though something is making your XP go up

cooch
12-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Jerle et al Gree Engineers:

1. Think most of players would rather have your precious resources used to correct the significant number of glitches with current events first. Then than roll out changes that to PVP/Rob if you must and hopefully not glitched.

2. Funzio gave us four choices with level up and there must have been some initial concept that players actually had to use strategy besides gold tapping. Four categories for 30pts/lvl upgrade. To make the game more interesting (and the obvious benefit to Gree) please make the skill points for attack and especially defense actually worth something. Also the building defenses as well. Otherwise get rid of skill point categories.

3. Last perhaps in your rival display criteria perhaps limiting the levels to 25 or 50 at first may reduce the amount of complaints. It's silly for a 250 to attack a 120 and not much a 250 can do it attacked by a 120 (lol quit game). Try it out in a PVP to see feedback.

4. If this rolled out and failed in MW why are you trying it in CC when many players come from MW? Is this somebody's Goal & Objectives? Rollouts across platforms are usually well received or panned equally across the platforms. Peeps will fill this forum with "I told you so" if the work effort is panned by players.

OneHoop
12-19-2013, 08:55 PM
This has got to be the worst!

The original idea behind the robberies has been to get people to spend gold to make the robberies stop, but under the new rivals list system if we get stronger then just get robbed by stronger people. You take a situation where maybe 3 people on my rivals list can rob me to where everyone on my rivals list can rob me. This favors those who have lower IPH, but those are also the players who have less time invested in the game and are therefore less loyal to the game. You've got to think about the cost of customer acquisition in situations like this!

Now with less to lose,
M@

PS I knew that I had no chance at being the strongest character in the game but figured that I could still gave fun as long as I stayed below the shark tank but the beta multi-shark-tank has shown me that there is nowhere to hide. :(

Cobra Shuttle
12-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Well cobra, why do you think that would be worse? Please, shoot me some specific details instead of just "well that sucks". I might be able to change your mind XD

I mean it's pretty obvious isn't it? Besides what everyone has already said think about it this way. You are starting the game and a low level and you go to your rivals list and now you have to sort and check through a ton of people to find one you can rob or attack because you probably could only attack a small percent of the total player base at that point. That would make doing your thug life challenges and other goals incredibly frustrating. And then on top of that you'll constantly get pounded by everyone else looking for easy wins.

Then take someone who is near 250. Now they have to sort through everyone who is way below their level to find someone worth attacking for their goals or to rob. Before you just had people around your level and that was already hard enough for a lot of players. It will be so frustrating that it won't be worth anyone's time to attack or rob anyone because you just drastically increased the amount of **** players you have to filter through.

Guisseppe17
12-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I mean it's pretty obvious isn't it? Besides what everyone has already said think about it this way. You are starting the game and a low level and you go to your rivals list and now you have to sort and check through a ton of people to find one you can rob or attack because you probably could only attack a small percent of the total player base at that point. That would make doing your thug life challenges and other goals incredibly frustrating. And then on top of that you'll constantly get pounded by everyone else looking for easy wins.

Then take someone who is near 250. Now they have to sort through everyone who is way below their level to find someone worth attacking for their goals or to rob. Before you just had people around your level and that was already hard enough for a lot of players. It will be so frustrating that it won't be worth anyone's time to attack or rob anyone because you just drastically increased the amount of **** players you have to filter through.
Level 250's shouldn't have that hard of a time finding a good target to rob, there are plenty of people at all levels with good IPH's. But I didn't consider new players. Hmm...maybe make players reach a certain level or attack stat before changing over to the random rivals list? Or better yet, give players the option of searching for targets at their level (+ or -1 of course) or if they choose, through the entire player base?

Ciara
12-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Dear Developers,

So the rivals' list is "out of whack"? You don't say! So as a result of Gree's own stats inflation, HLPs are going to get shafted again? I don't have a great iph, as I was never a camper, and I am only a very average player, but I sympathise with those who have worked to build an economy.

(I have never had much time for campers as they bring an inertia into the game and more often than not camp to be the sharks in their own little tank.) So recent changes to encourage activity have been good for game dynamics, but this latest change is disproportionately unfair on HLPs and MLPs yet again, precisely because of the stats inflation.

We have a bunch of players in-game now with a string of insanely strong LLP minis who have taken over the battles because of the inability of HLPs to score off them and now Gree rewards these players even more by giving them the chance to rob blind HLPs who've taken the time to build an economy. Those HLPs will get nothing from robbing back, so I thoughly endorse the suggestions that

1) you make defense buildings and def skill points worth something, which would compensate long time players who have invested time in their strategy and also HLPs who will, by dint of being active, have earned the skill points to invest; and

2) if you're going to bracket rivals according to strength, then some weighting should be applied within the matching criteria to iph so that like can attack like, which might decrease the size of our rival list marginally but would restore some sense of balance.

Yes, it is Crime City, with all that implies about robbing/attacking, but it is also a game, which by definition should be enjoyable, and this doesn't sound enjoyable to any but leeches who have profited off the stat inflation and syndi-hopping but not taken time to acquire their own hood or earn skill points, which is supposed to be the other side to the game.

The game should remain accessible to those who choose different game strategies. Unless you want one type of player only, in which case only the new accounts might as well continue playing; the rest of us should retire now, as the game will become even more one-dimensional.

Peppers
12-19-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm leaving my buildings robbed until Gree gets their heads out of their butts.

There are very few people to rob at my level. Believe me, I've looked. So, I'm now a target to a number of L250's... Great. Wonderful. %^&*. But, I still have very very few targets.

If you're going to open up the list in this way, make is a TWO WAY STREET! I'd love to be able to search my rivals list for people with only good stats... because they're more likely to have a good IPH. If you're serving me up on a platter to a select few, GIVE ME THE SAME CHANCE. Until then, the buffet is over.

The Lurker
12-19-2013, 11:10 PM

So I no longer have a reason to buy gold and keep up with stat inflation since you will continue to feed my rival list with people that have similar stats? Ha ha ha, who came up with this winning concept? Buy them a drink from me.

All the people whining about the gold spend can take it down a notch and play your own game Gree no longer wants your money so bad.

Pitbulls
12-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Give it to all or none at all.

Trinity_1985
12-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Looks like it's time to delete all my buildings and then start robbing like crazed fool

CitrineMondeoRSi
12-20-2013, 02:58 AM
So I no longer have a reason to buy gold and keep up with stat inflation since you will continue to feed my rival list with people that have similar stats? Ha ha ha, who came up with this winning concept?

^this

What's the point in becoming stronger when the rivals list is all equal? A level playing field would be a completely open rivals list. What they've done here is create channels in which no one player has any kind of advantage or disadvantage. That's not a game. A game should have a sense of competitiveness and victory. What's competitive about being herded into a pool of equals? What's victorious about winning a rob/attack against a mirror image of your own character? Boring.

All Gree now need to do is rename the Rivals List to "Easy targets handed to you on a plate" and the news feed to "List of people that can't be bothered to build their own economy" and their work is done. All the strategy is now gone. Literally all of it.

In fact, while they're at it, they should change the name of the game to "Tap random buttons because none of it matters anymore"

Gato blanca
12-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Dears, this game is full of moving targets. This kind of rivals lists fits in there perfectly.

But I Agree That before, you were still given the idea you could outrun the other people. Now That idea is completely gone.

The good thing is That it still allows people That have no clue About the game to continue to have fun in the game. Otherwise they find they can no longer rob or fight.
But it punishes against the people who played it smart.

I Guess gree made the calculations and found That a lot of little spenders like That outweight the fewer Higher spenders. Cc after fight club I would say....

Auxilium
12-20-2013, 04:46 AM
I didn't get robbed anymore since they implemented this. It looks like it that everyone is scared for retaliation.

GucciMane
12-20-2013, 09:58 AM
First, tier camping (statgain DIVIDED BY experiencegain , as a measure) was removed from the game as a point of strategy.

Now, building IPH and hood growth (if this is fully implemented) will be removed as well as a point of strategy. I'm not going to be able to play these LTB events anymore because some Top 10 player, significantly higher leveled as well, who gave 0 ****s about his hood can rob mine to buy LTB upgrades.....then just sell the LTB off and start up with the next LTB.

This is already how a LOT of players play LTBs now....they don't keep them. They just sell to start paying off the *next* one. People who actually planned their hoods and continued building ALWAYS beat these players in stat gain, and they deserved to.

I used to think selling off buildings was a cop-out, but this might actually seem a good strategy.

The only thing you really have LEFT for ANY bearing of skill/work/strategy is Syndicate Wars.

You are almost ONE step away from this game becoming straight-up "Pay to Click"

Asto
12-20-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm loving it. Lvl 42 with no LTB and I can hit lvl 200+ with lvl 4 casinos. I've gone from 9mil to 25mil in my bank in just 40 minutes

GucciMane
12-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Here's how I'm going to play your little update GREE.

If a building gets robbed by a player in my level range. I will collect it. No complaints, this is how the game has always worked and it works.

The second it gets robbed by someone out of my range, it will go uncollected until this update is rolled back.

I'm loving it. Lvl 42 with no LTB and I can hit lvl 200+ with lvl 4 casinos. I've gone from 9mil to 25mil in my bank in just 40 minutes

For reference, when did you start the level 39 account?

....no response.....typical.

Steve1302
12-20-2013, 12:51 PM
how about instead of a rivals list full of people around your stats make it rivals around you IPH ? i dont mind getting robbed from lower or higher levels if i have a chance of robbing some money back

Guisseppe17
12-20-2013, 12:58 PM
i'm loving it. Lvl 42 with no ltb and i can hit lvl 200+ with lvl 4 casinos. I've gone from 9mil to 25mil in my bank in just 40 minutes
point proven

Wind88
12-20-2013, 02:23 PM
but i'm the only one that can see rival around my lv?

iteachem
12-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Gree changes something and people whine.. Damn take a few weeks off and nothing changes around here... too many people get all butthurt when robbed or attacked.. lol

The Slapper
12-20-2013, 09:55 PM
+1 to anyone that hates the update / idea!

In effect, this is a quick search to find high IPH targets. Terrible!

I have a lvl 96 w 6 mil+ atk (good for lvl) and only 300k IPH (junk). Every time I'd see a target multiple lvls above me (I don't have the update yet) I would know they most likely have a much better IPH than I do. I could rob LTB buildings like crazy for the 2 XP n still not level. I don't deserve to though. If I wanted to rob high IPHs I'd level quick, but I don't. It's horribly unfair to those above me.

Conversely, if you are a lvl 250 w 5 million atk (not great for lvl) this would be a quick search way for you to find targets too. It's throwing you a bone by showing you who has 5 mil atk/def 100 lvls below you. You'd quickly find high IPH targets. If you don't like the targets around your level spend some money, or start a new account. ;)

I saw someone mention opening up the ENTIRE player base for all to see when searching. For what it's worth this would be the fairest way to do it, but I still feel it shouldn't be done at all.

Searching the rivals list for targets is supposed to be a pain in the a$$. It's farming, so if you're not willing to spend time to find a target (I'm not) you don't deserve to rob for cash. Gree, if you roll this out I'll be sure to take twenty minutes a day to rob lvl 200-250s with my lvl 95 in effect ruining the game further for them. Good call! LOL

No pain no gain right Molly? :) lol

Gato blanca
12-21-2013, 02:12 AM
+1

It takes away to fun to look for a good target. Now you just blindly hit.

NoBSing
12-21-2013, 06:00 AM

Hello Mr Engineer,
feel free to add my character to the new system. I'll gladly give you some feedback after gaining some insight ;)
752 992 722

Thanks in advance, merry Christmas and a happy new year. (Now, you can't let me down. :cool: )

Gato blanca
12-21-2013, 08:08 AM
I can see 20 up and BELOW my lvl, while another one in the syndicate just sees 10 up and BELOW. Is there any reason for That?

(Still not like it as it takes the fun away from treasure seeking)

dragon001
12-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Ahhh. the "crazy high stats" and IPH on your level have been earned. Through the spending of either real money or lots of real time and effort and strategic thinking. To give away this earned and paid for advantage would indeed be a crime. Oh to be a lawyer. There might be a class action in this.

To be among the strongest and richest on your level has been one of the basic goals of many of the best players of this game. I achieved that some time ago and would be very wrought indeed if that was taken away, verily stolen, by the administrators trying to make the losers of this game and poorly played players feel better about themselves.

I currently only have one "rival" who has stats a million less than me and has a crap hood so its not worth leaving a link to make it easier for them. Don't kid yourself, if you are in favor of this then you have not been doing well on all aspects of this game. I have some in my syndicate who are not worried about it, because they have not been playing a balanced game, so they really have nothing to rob.

Of course I have urged my synd members to not sell off their buildings because of this stupid unfair idea, or quit the game as many have said, trying to make the losers winners, but instead we have another strategy in mind if this silliness takes hold. Strategy is what this game takes(without spending large amounts of real money) and this of course fundamentally overturns the current /past rules and required strategy. My syndicate will still come through this even though it is yet another giveaway to the upper levels, and upper level syndicates. Minor rule change, this is not. Very Unhappy. What a Wankerish thing to do.

Spunky
12-21-2013, 02:18 PM
"If you haven't made it to the new system and get attacked by someone who has, get up in there and hit 'em back because you're probably on nearly equal footing."

You freeking idiots! Obviously no one on your planning committee actually plays this game. If I was gonna rob someone I'd make sure I was either way stronger or had a way lower iph than them as I know they either couldn't or wouldn't retaliate for fear of leaving a link. By rolling this out to just a few it's Christmas for them and just a pain in the proverbial for anyone who has taken the time to build a decent income.

In the longer term many will love these changes but only those that havnt taken the time to build a decent iph. This is bad for everyone who has actually taken the time to thoughtfully build a great account.

Yes the rivals list needs fixing but all u need to do is cut out all the inactive accounts from the list (there are more and more empty hoods these days) and include perameters of stats so I don't see all these accounts with stats that are 1% of mine. Increasing the level spread by 1 or 2 either way may also mix it up a bit. Matching by stat is just giving a shopping list to players with low iph.

Oh And lastly are you guys really this dum? Don't answer that. I've played this game long enough to know the answer.

Gingeasian
12-21-2013, 02:40 PM
This change helps some and hurts some. It helps the new players who have quickly bought their stats to catch up. While they have decent stats they have a **** IPH. This hurts those who have slowly built their stats and IPH over time.

And since the new spenders will out spend the old steady players I think we all know who Gree will favor.

Wind88
12-21-2013, 03:35 PM
but i'm the only one that can see rival around my lv?

can u answer me? lol

jolopy409
12-21-2013, 03:45 PM
My jr on my ipod can only see lvls 1 up 1 down from him but my droid as much as 50 up.

N41LZ
12-21-2013, 08:27 PM

You have been warned by many players, either you make this accessible to EVERYONE or to NO ONE.

Either that or you risk losing 50% of your player base.

Your move.

Zendfrim
12-21-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm leaving my buildings robbed until Gree gets their heads out of their butts.

There are very few people to rob at my level. Believe me, I've looked. So, I'm now a target to a number of L250's... Great. Wonderful. %^&*. But, I still have very very few targets.

If you're going to open up the list in this way, make is a TWO WAY STREET! I'd love to be able to search my rivals list for people with only good stats... because they're more likely to have a good IPH. If you're serving me up on a platter to a select few, GIVE ME THE SAME CHANCE. Until then, the buffet is over.I am thinking of doing this myself. Problem is, if I do this, I might as well quit, because hood building and collection have always been the only thing I enjoy about this game. Defense was another point but gree took that away a long time ago.

gcfreem
12-22-2013, 05:25 AM
This is complete garbage. I spend years building myself up around a strategy of being one of the strongest and highest IPH for my level, just to see all my hard work thrown out in one fell swoop. I'm totally on board with the "leave buildings robbed until this is resolved" protest.

This just turns every high IPH player into cannon fodder for the lazy who haven't made any effort to build up their own IPH. There's absolutely nothing we can do to protect ourselves. Can't camp. Can't make ourselves stronger, because that just get us stronger "rivals". Can't retaliate because you can't hurt someone with no income.

I just don't understand how you can change such a fundamental aspect of the game. It's like if the NFL decided in week 15, instead of picking playoff teams based on won-loss record, we're doing it based on total points, screwing over every team with a good defense.

If you absolutely have to change the rivals list, bracket it by IPH, not att/def stats. This solves a lot of problems. It keeps the incentive to get stronger. It allows you to retaliate against attacks by guaranteeing that you only get hit by people worth robbing back. And, it stops the lazy moochers who don't bother with their own IPH and just feed off the rest of us.

Max Power
12-22-2013, 09:02 AM
This is complete garbage. I spend years building myself up around a strategy of being one of the strongest and highest IPH for my level, just to see all my hard work thrown out in one fell swoop. I'm totally on board with the "leave buildings robbed until this is resolved" protest.

This just turns every high IPH player into cannon fodder for the lazy who haven't made any effort to build up their own IPH. There's absolutely nothing we can do to protect ourselves. Can't camp. Can't make ourselves stronger, because that just get us stronger "rivals". Can't retaliate because you can't hurt someone with no income.

I just don't understand how you can change such a fundamental aspect of the game. It's like if the NFL decided in week 15, instead of picking playoff teams based on won-loss record, we're doing it based on total points, screwing over every team with a good defense.

If you absolutely have to change the rivals list, bracket it by IPH, not att/def stats. This solves a lot of problems. It keeps the incentive to get stronger. It allows you to retaliate against attacks by guaranteeing that you only get hit by people worth robbing back. And, it stops the lazy moochers who don't bother with their own IPH and just feed off the rest of us.

Testify!!!

Zendfrim
12-22-2013, 10:35 AM

If you absolutely have to change the rivals list, bracket it by IPH, not att/def stats. This solves a lot of problems. It keeps the incentive to get stronger. It allows you to retaliate against attacks by guaranteeing that you only get hit by people worth robbing back. And, it stops the lazy moochers who don't bother with their own IPH and just feed off the rest of us.another testament to my own argument.

Phillip99
12-22-2013, 11:35 AM

Well put....very fair and accurate comments. Get your act together gree, do this and high iph players will quit

Pitbulls
12-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Is gree adding more people to the system still? Seems I am getting robbed by every kind of different levels. I don't mind getting robbed just give me the opportunity to do the same to them.

GucciMane
12-22-2013, 01:48 PM
As far as "transparency" goes, we're at the opposite.

Peppers
12-22-2013, 01:58 PM
I am thinking of doing this myself. Problem is, if I do this, I might as well quit, because hood building and collection have always been the only thing I enjoy about this game. Defense was another point but gree took that away a long time ago.

Its 4pm and I just collected my scratcher... 14 hours late.

This has been the kiss of death. Thank you Gree. Once I stop going into the game regularly, its really easy to quit.

I wonder how much longer it will be before I forget to go in all together.

Its weird. I'm not even angry. I would still have to care to be angry.

cynicalmofo
12-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Bored now.

Low level with high stats and high IPH is a **** place to be right now.

The only people hitting me are the players from the last kill 100 event that only have 5 buildings.

They get the benefit of my effort to build my IPH over the last 2 years...
They get the benefit of me waiting for days and days for building upgrades...
They get the benefit of my gold spending to stay as one of the strongest at my level...

I get to be their cash cow while they camp in my hood, usually hitting my level 10 LTB's within a couple of minutes of them being collectable. Awesome.

Muj
12-23-2013, 03:51 AM
Bored now.

The only people hitting me are the players from the last kill 100 event that only have 5 buildings.

They get the benefit of my gold spending to stay as one of the strongest at my level...

I get to be their cash cow while they camp in my hood, usually hitting my level 10 LTB's within a couple of minutes of them being collectable. Awesome.
drop some mafia/change name, that's all you can do at this point unless you wanna sell your LTBs..

Spunky
12-23-2013, 05:36 AM
Bored now.

I get to be their cash cow while they camp in my hood, usually hitting my level 10 LTB's within a couple of minutes of them being collectable. Awesome.stop collecting and they cant rob you

angel_pitcher13
12-23-2013, 06:24 AM
I understand where Max's argument was not the most compelling. I would like to give it another shot.

I created my character a LONG time ago. Back when 1.5k x level attack and defense was the standard for a good character. As a result, I am level 209 with stats that any decent gold user could match by level 80 with the current stat inflation. Matching my level 209 with a level 80 may be fair stat wise but I have had an extra 129 levels of building my hood. So where my income is in the millions theirs will be in the hundred thousands MAYBE. So it would serve no purpose for me to rob them back. All my hard work and dedication to improve my iph will just make me a target. This move will only be good for campers. It will really hurt those of us that have been playing the game long term. Thank you for considering my argument.

Nighteg
12-23-2013, 06:58 AM
I understand where Max's argument was not the most compelling. I would like to give it another shot.

I created my character a LONG time ago. Back when 1.5k x level attack and defense was the standard for a good character. As a result, I am level 209 with stats that any decent gold user could match by level 80 with the current stat inflation. Matching my level 209 with a level 80 may be fair stat wise but I have had an extra 129 levels of building my hood. So where my income is in the millions theirs will be in the hundred thousands MAYBE. So it would serve no purpose for me to rob them back. All my hard work and dedication to improve my iph will just make me a target. This move will only be good for campers. It will really hurt those of us that have been playing the game long term. Thank you for considering my argument.

Very true.

zibby42
12-23-2013, 07:15 AM
I'm stronger than 95% of the people at my level. I've EARNED the privilege of not being robbed/attacked by playing the game well. It's not fair that idiots who don't know how to play the game are able to rob/attack me now. They should have to deal with the consequences of playing the game so poorly that there's no one at their level to rob/attack.

zibby42
12-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Oh and this especially BS changing this after introducing an 18-hour LTB. How the heck am I supposed to prevent that from being robbed? I need more than 5.9 hours of sleep per day. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this change was coming.

Lars
12-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh god, how I hate my new rival list. For me, it spans 100 levels (though so far I had only a single rival within +/- 5). On the old list, stronger rivals were relatively rare to me. Now all are from 80% to 150% of my strength but with a fraction of my iph. Leaving a link would simply be dumb.

In the past I preferred PvP to summon bosses. Looks like I won't do many bosses this time (Cole Black). And if this rival list does not change soon, I don't really see any point in playing anymore. Any strategy, any stat gain is worth nothing. Hell, even if I would pay tens of thousands bucks to get gold items I wouldn't have better changes against my rivals once the list reloaded -- I would just get different rivals.

Another proof that nobody at Gree really plays the game competitively and understands it's mechanics.

Cobra Shuttle
12-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Oh god, how I hate my new rival list. For me, it spans 100 levels (though so far I had only a single rival within +/- 5). On the old list, stronger rivals were relatively rare to me. Now all are from 80% to 150% of my strength but with a fraction of my iph. Leaving a link would simply be dumb.

In the past I preferred PvP to summon bosses. Looks like I won't do many bosses this time (Cole Black). And if this rival list does not change soon, I don't really see any point in playing anymore. Any strategy, any stat gain is worth nothing. Hell, even if I would pay tens of thousands bucks to get gold items I wouldn't have better changes against my rivals once the list reloaded -- I would just get different rivals.

Another proof that nobody at Gree really plays the game competitively and understands it's mechanics.

My rival list is like this too. Before about 50% of the targets on my list I could attack 20 times 100%, now it's less than 5%. Most of the rivals on my list are so far above my stats I can get maybe 1-2 successful hits out of 20. Might as well not play at this point if I can't find anyone to attack.

Phillip99
12-23-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm stronger than 95% of the people at my level. I've EARNED the privilege of not being robbed/attacked by playing the game well. It's not fair that idiots who don't know how to play the game are able to rob/attack me now. They should have to deal with the consequences of playing the game so poorly that there's no one at their level to rob/attack.

Agree, good point

panty sniffer
12-23-2013, 08:08 PM

I like this idea. Most with a decent IPH also have decent attk/def stats too. Those who don't rightfully get robbed by someone stronger than they are. It would totally eliminate the problem of someone with no hood to rob while they can cash in on your hard work of building an IPH.

Jackhole
12-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Bump bump bump

sister morphine
12-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Have Gree also removed the 2 hour cooling-off period? I got attacked 20 times within the last hour, and then again a few times more (by a different player) about 20 minutes later. :( :( :(

Max Power
12-24-2013, 05:14 AM
I like this idea. Most with a decent IPH also have decent attk/def stats too. Those who don't rightfully get robbed by someone stronger than they are. It would totally eliminate the problem of someone with no hood to rob while they can cash in on your hard work of building an IPH.Probably the only downside to that idea is that people with really high IPH really don't need to waste their time robbing people.

Nighteg
12-24-2013, 05:25 AM

Best post so far. Great idea!

Nighteg
12-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Probably the only downside to that idea is that people with really high IPH really don't need to waste their time robbing people.

You're right, but i don't see the downside. I have 18m IPH, and i rarely rob. Following this logic, i've earned the right not to get robbed back.
All the low-IPH people can fight among themselves in their own shark tank.
People who invested enough resources and time into the game earned the right for some peace and quiet.

Gato blanca
12-24-2013, 06:16 AM
It seems it is a mix now, from around your lvl and matched by att/def... Anyone else noted That?

dragon001
12-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Being in the top 1% to 5% of Players, (that depends on how you define top..) it is exceedingly annoying that gree has given away what we worked for. The only player who could rob me before this nonsense of gree trying to kill this game off yet again with an absurdly stupid move was a million lower than me in stats. I now have a wanker with a total crap hood many levels above me, also with weaker stats robbing all in my syndicate on a regular basis. Humorously he theoretically is trying to recruit us for his. Poor strategy to say the least.

Matching by income and approximate strength makes the most sense. Would stop these freeloaders. Also why does gree hate its loyal players? Really? why? This move is among the most bone headed yet.

ardiamonds
12-24-2013, 11:24 AM
I am ios7 and my list is ranging from 30 levels below to 100 level abodes, I noticed it two or three days ago, I too am being attacked from levels much higher, so it is not just droid. I use ipad and iphone and both are that way.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
12-24-2013, 04:52 PM
I have to add my voice to this thread now that I have also become the victim of players well outside my level range robbing my hood.

The game loses its purpose if you start bracketing by stats, Gree. What's the point of getting stronger if all your rivals grow at an equal pace? This is much too large of a change for a 2 year old game.. it's a whole new game altogether. Not surprisingly, your newest game Dragon Realms brackets by stats. I find it insufferable. If we want bracketing by stats, we'll go play that. Leave CC alone.

I'm in the 60 level range, with about 2.5m stats and about 15m IPH. With the massive stat inflation, I'm not even really sure why I still play. The last thing left that I enjoy is lazily collecting my hood and upgrading my buildings. I'm sure I'm not alone. Don't take my last bit of enjoyment out of the game. The only thing we have to defend our hoods is being strong for our level. That's the way you designed the game. It is imperfect, but at least it's something. You are proposing to eliminate defense altogether.

If you really roll this out, instead of avoiding XP at all costs I will have to start avoiding stat gain at all costs. Drop out of my syndicate and not do any events at all. Change my name to Alex and drop every single mafia member I can. Is that what you want, Gree? I foresee myself quitting altogether very shortly after that. Please reconsider.

Phillip99
12-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Just got robbed by a guy at Lvl 219, real fair, f.u.c.k. You gree.

Lars
12-25-2013, 04:31 AM
And to add to the insult they roll this stupid idea out to a part of the community (making sure not all players are fairly subject to the same conditions), with bugs (as the developers admit here about the rival list), continue over Xmas and appear to be idle on the issue for now. Gree as we know it.

Max Power
12-25-2013, 06:33 AM
I am not getting hit by people with dramatically different levels anymore, but it appears dropping mob does no good anymore. I have about 225 mob and I am getting hit by 500 all day.

bravo 6 vk
12-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Still nothing here.... Not seeing any lower/higher players and not being robbed by lower/higher players too...

GucciMane
12-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Lol the people who see all levels on their rivals list are loving this update. straight up dropping attacks until stamina is out. they like nothing more abusing a dumb feature which allows them to make up for the mistakes they made in leveling too fast in the past.

100% you intentionally gave this update to people who used to attack me all the time this is priceless, now I'm dealing with Top-3 players and old vanquished foes.

"I thought I already killed you?!"

The zombie apocalypse is here.

Greenpoint Gus
12-25-2013, 09:03 AM
The new rivals list hasn't rolled out to me yet, but it has to my wife. She hates it, and from what I've seen of it, so do I. A little bit about us, as our playing styles are quite similar: we have pretty good stats for our level. We are a two person syndicate and just missed finishing in the top 750 in the last war. We only lost one battle out of 23. On the other hand, our IPH's are low for our level. This was part of our strategy--to build conservatively and not erect a lot of high income buildings until we could defend them adequately. However, we have built every LTB over the past few months, starting with Big Top Burlesque. On the surface, you would think that the new rivals list would benefit us, but it really doesn't.

I am lvl 155 and am hardly ever robbed successfully--once or twice a week, tops. My wife is lvl 180, and since the new rivals list hit, she is in a constant back and forth battle. They rob her, she robs them--even if she wins more money, they can make it up in volume. Fights and robberies have lost all meaning.

We feel as many of you do that we have worked very hard (and invested a lot of gold) to become relatively strong for our level and that is now being lost. Crime is all about the strong picking on the weak, and while CC is just a game, it should reflect that reality to some extent.

We both love the game, play it for hours every day, and constantly discuss how to tweak our strategies to make our game play even better. Unfortunately, the strategy we are discussing now is whether we should keep playing if this new rivals list continues to roll forward. I am not a Gree brasher, but I think it WILL say a lot about the company if they continue down this path when the clear consensus among their most devoted players is that the new list will destroy the game as we know it.

I hope they listen to us...

Frackoff
12-25-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't normally chime in on these threads, I prefer to enjoy the reading but you guys "GREE" really need to start brainstorming on the proper technical aspects of the game instead of trying destroy it from within. If you want to draw in more
revenue listen to the players who offer constructive criticism test it in-house on an isolated server away from us before
implementing mass changes that screw everyone up. Contrary to popular belief people actual like the core concept of this game but it seems like the direction set for this game is to get people to quit so this game can be scrubbed and
newer games can be released. Never bite the hand that feeds you. If you guys need a new CEO or president who isn't trying to take your holiday bonus let me know, I'd be happy to step in I'm not GREEDY.

If you all need help with development I know about 10 Air Force guys who do this on the side that could replace about 20 gree employees and save the company 50% in losses. Come on guys really concentrate on one task at a time instead of trying to input more broken ideas into a game that is still broken.

"Just Saying"

CCC-syn
12-25-2013, 10:14 AM
we are forgetting something:
when u could only fight ppl at your level, camping became a good idea... do u get it?! camping? not progressing in the game was a good idea...
so gree "solved" it with the new rivals list.

where the real solution is like so:
we should be able to fight anyone that is 5 level above or below us - AND tiers should be cancelled.
growing level should be a goal to strive to, not something to avoid.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
12-25-2013, 04:14 PM
we are forgetting something:
when u could only fight ppl at your level, camping became a good idea... do u get it?! camping? not progressing in the game was a good idea...
so gree "solved" it with the new rivals list.

where the real solution is like so:
we should be able to fight anyone that is 5 level above or below us - AND tiers should be cancelled.
growing level should be a goal to strive to, not something to avoid.

What do you mean by "not progressing in the game" ? What is "progress" in a game like this? For me, I'm progressing just fine in my IPH when I'm not constantly getting robbed.

This is not your run of the mill RPG where levels = getting stronger. In games like that, you walk around and such, make decisions, avoid danger, use some element of skill, etc. In this game there is absolutely NO way to defend yourself besides being strong for your level. I can't hide my hood, or play it safe...

brutus beefcake
12-26-2013, 01:13 AM
This and every other bright idea is either an effort to push everyone away from the game or a way to strategically sap more money out of us players. I would be really interested to know how this new rivals list is considered to be a good idea. I may be in the minority, but I'm done spending a dime because there is no point in it anymore. I'm not angry or bitter about it: actually it's getting comical when I now just log on every now and again to collect robbed buildings and laugh at how inflated these stats get.

When i started playing, 50,000attack meant you were badass. Now, 5million attack means nothing at all. To top that off, now you guys think that taking the one thing spenders had over nonspenders away (stat differential) is gonna encourage them to spend more money? Well, I'm only on these days because of the awesome members of the syndicate I'm in. It's the one thing you guys got right. Probably not on purpose though, the way you all have destroyed every other bit of enjoyment of the game.

N41LZ
12-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Gree don't listen to these people, you MUST open up the Shark Tank to everyone from L1 - 250 NOW

The clock's ticking!
And i smell gold slipping away from your totally non-obese fingers!

CCC-syn
12-26-2013, 03:17 AM
What do you mean by "not progressing in the game" ? What is "progress" in a game like this? For me, I'm progressing just fine in my IPH when I'm not constantly getting robbed.

This is not your run of the mill RPG where levels = getting stronger.
do u agree that growing levels opens new maps, items and buildings for you?
so this game was based (initially) on "grow levels to get stronger".
since iph means nothing today (good ONLY for syn bonuses), and new items unlocked at the store are sh*t, and new defense buildings are even sh*ttier - so now u have NO reason to grow level and progress the game.

i would change the whole concept and algorithms of the game in a way that u will be stronger the more you will do missions - and u participate new missions when u grow more levels.
the whole tiers idea is f*cked up - if YOU and I start playing today, the most logical thing that should happen is that if within a month i'll reach level 40 and you'll reach level 75 then u should have far more attack&defense than i have.
but this is not the case these days :mad:

Max Power
12-26-2013, 06:21 AM
do u agree that growing levels opens new maps, items and buildings for you?
so this game was based (initially) on "grow levels to get stronger".
since iph means nothing today (good ONLY for syn bonuses), and new items unlocked at the store are sh*t, and new defense buildings are even sh*ttier - so now u have NO reason to grow level and progress the game.

i would change the whole concept and algorithms of the game in a way that u will be stronger the more you will do missions - and u participate new missions when u grow more levels.
the whole tiers idea is f*cked up - if YOU and I start playing today, the most logical thing that should happen is that if within a month i'll reach level 40 and you'll reach level 75 then u should have far more attack&defense than i have.
but this is not the case these days :mad:

Well, you just explained to us why this rival list change is bad. You cant just change the rival list and not implement all the other changes you propose, which they won't because it is far too late.

You have a lot of people who cant afford to spend a thousand bucks a month, people that are still important to the game so that the money spenders wtill have people to compete against, and all those people had was IPH and perhaps events. This policy is a great way to get all those people to retire.

Phillip99
12-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Used to get robbed maybe once per week, now I am getting robbed daily. This sh.it really sucks. It does not motivate me to play more Gree......makes me want to throw my hands up and quit.

Dubstik
12-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Used to get robbed maybe once per week, now I am getting robbed daily. This sh.it really sucks. It does not motivate me to play more Gree......makes me want to throw my hands up and quit.

Same here. If I'm just 10 minutes late, my buildings are robbed by people from lvl 80+ to 200+. And I can only see people on the same lvl as me. There is really no point in growing your stats now...

The Slapper
12-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Soooooooooooo, it seems the majority is REALLY diggin this change. It's like wearing sandpaper panties! Ha!

...to someone that knows little about grinding in a game, this may seem like an alright change. Well...uh...it isn't!

Gree, Here's an example (do try to follow): You and a co-worker have been at the same job for two years. You were methodical, worked REALLY hard, and did well...the co-worker was hasty, got everything done as quickly as possible, and did crap work. After two years you made 40k more than your co-worker. How would u feel if one day your boss decided to drum up competition by offering your co-worker a (potentially) large chunk of your additional 40k going forward if he/she started to do better work? Seems fair right? Sure, the turd that made/did less would like it, but would you?

To anyone that thinks this is a rant. It's not. Just reasoning to try and show how the change does FAR more bad than good. Competition is great, but unless you're one of the top 20 players in the game, increasing your stats would lose all value. You'd just open yourself up to a whole new batch of robbers.

Does this model increase or decrease spending in the game? I say roll it out in full force. I'll chuckle when you remove the change later. LOL!

Travers
12-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Please open this for everyone, am I going to be the last person to get it?

Greenpoint Gus
12-26-2013, 10:48 AM
In my day job, I deal a lot with appropriate ways for businesses to interact with their customers via social media. I give Gree a lot of credit for setting up this forum and giving us a chance to interact and share strategies and analyses. However, the forum comes with a responsibility (on Gree's part) to listen to what it's customers (I.e., the players) are saying and to respond accordingly. The days are gone when the game manufacturer sets all the rules and the players have to abide by them. When a majority of the players who take the time to respond express their concerns and displeasure with a proposed rule change, it falls to the publisher to take that feedback into consideration.

That consideration could take the form of a rollback, an adjustment, or, at a minimum, a thorough explanation as to why the change is necessary.

If the game publisher ignores the feedback and just plows forward without considering what it's players are saying, it would be better off not having the forum at all. In other words, don't pretend to be listening to us if you're really not.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-26-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm not one that has the rivals expanded. But man I'd love it. Sure, I'm a gold spender. I wouldn't mind getting smacked by higher levels. As it is, I've been mocking the shark tank for quite some time. Likening it to a pond full of minnows. Now, my stats are a meager 7.5 mil. There are certainly many players with humongous stats that dwarf me. But to be honest, I'm probably one of three players on my level with this high of stats. My rob modifiers are at over 100%. I rob like a madman. I don't let go until someone taps out.

I must say, I've had a recent back and forth with a lovely player who is currently on level 144. Her (redhead avatar, with name starting with an A and ending with at a T) stats skyrocketed and I can no longer hit her. Now I'm dodging her like the plague. That's the fun stuff there. Then there's the crybabies that haven't learned how to drop mafia to avoid the rivals. They're always worth a quick chuckle.

Long story short, open up the levels. I wanna jump in this "shark tank" and show the guppies how to properly rob. I encourage you to come to my "piranha tank".

So for all you fat whales, come at me:
In game name: Brein aka Sleazy P Martini (yeah, you know who I am)
Level: 141
Stats: 7.5 mil
Iph: 10mil+ iph

CitrineMondeoRSi
12-26-2013, 12:33 PM
That's the thing though sleazy... It's not open. I agree that a completely open rivals list would be great, however what Gree have done here is to level the playing field but then dig furrows in it to essentially stamp out any strategy. It's a completely linear list, all rival stats are almost exactly the same as yours. It's boring. There is no ducking + diving. There is no challenge. There is no victory or failure. Growing stats is now completely irrelevant with the exception of battle weekends. I (amongst others) foresee a massive drop in gold purchase across the entire game.

Why do players buy gold? Ultimately, to increase our little pixelated characters attack and defence stats.
Why do we increase stats? To become stronger within a game that has no end.
Why do we become stronger? At this moment in time, there is no longer an answer to that question. The sooner Gree see that, the better.

Max Power
12-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Long story short, open up the levels. I wanna jump in this "shark tank" and show the guppies how to properly rob. I encourage you to come to my "piranha tank".

I appreciate the tough talk and all, but the whales know how to rob just fine. You have to keep in mind they came up in an era before syndicates, and bosses, and massive stat inflation, all that stuff. Give them a little slack. You aren't any better than them, your timing was just lucky. This game isn't that hard to figure out.

MattThomas08
12-26-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm not one that has the rivals expanded. But man I'd love it. Sure, I'm a gold spender. I wouldn't mind getting smacked by higher levels. As it is, I've been mocking the shark tank for quite some time. Likening it to a pond full of minnows. Now, my stats are a meager 7.5 mil. There are certainly many players with humongous stats that dwarf me. But to be honest, I'm probably one of three players on my level with this high of stats. My rob modifiers are at over 100%. I rob like a madman. I don't let go until someone taps out.

I must say, I've had a recent back and forth with a lovely player who is currently on level 144. Her (redhead avatar, with name starting with an A and ending with at a T) stats skyrocketed and I can no longer hit her. Now I'm dodging her like the plague. That's the fun stuff there. Then there's the crybabies that haven't learned how to drop mafia to avoid the rivals. They're always worth a quick chuckle.

I think there are many more than 3 players with stats like yours at your level and below.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-26-2013, 01:12 PM
I think there are many more than 3 players with stats like yours at your level and below.key word is below. I know there are many players with higher stats below my level. That's not what I'm saying though. I'm saying level 141. You wanna camp there, you gotta pay me rent.

therealbengie
12-26-2013, 01:58 PM

you think that 7.5mil makes you a big boy in the shark tank? how cute, you've got twice the stats of me but please come and take a visit with the big boys and see where 7.5mil gets you, I would say that 60% of the rival I see are 10mil+ with plenty double your stats right up to 30mil+

carry on playing in the sand pit lad.

sister morphine
12-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Then there's the crybabies that haven't learned how to drop mafia to avoid the rivals. They're always worth a quick chuckle
Ah, but that no longer seems to work. I dropped mafia during the PvPs; having no interest in interminable tapping it got very tiresome having to put up with people hitting me and leaving messages inviting a hit back, which had to be politely declined.

All well and good. Going down to around 350 mafia meant those on 500 could no longer see me (though I could see them). Not any more though - this last week or two I've been hit by several players on 500 mafia not to mention the increasing numbers who may never have bothered to go up to 500 (in some cases riding along with around 220 mafia only). Stat inflation has made going to 500 an option rather than the norm.

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-26-2013, 02:08 PM
you think that 7.5mil makes you a big boy in the shark tank? how cute, you've got twice the stats of me but please come and take a visit with the big boys and see where 7.5mil gets you, I would say that 60% of the rival I see are 10mil+ with plenty double your stats right up to 30mil+

carry on playing in the sand pit lad.well, I know I mentioned I knew 7.5 mil was weak. So slow your roll beavis. But here's the beauty of things these days:
That 60% you mention that have 10mil+ stats? I can totally crack that. I've cracked 14 mil def on robs. So yeah they're stronger than me. But that don't mean I can't rob em!!! And if I'm risking cracking such a high def score, then it can only mean its a big payout. Doubled with my rob modifiers.

therealbengie
12-26-2013, 02:41 PM
nope, most have garbage hoods with only a very few being gems.

MightyJoe
12-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Despite the unfairness in only allowing certain players access to the mixed rivals list, the objective of being a strong player at a certain level has now shifted to being THE strongest player. Great model that is in prioritizing one goal instead of 250!

Oracle001
12-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I've been inspired to sign up just to comment how hopeless the current rivals list trial is. I'm now being robbed by people 50 levels below me with less stats and no buildings to even rob back. Great system Gree!

The whole point of getting stronger is to protect your hood. If you just continually match against stats then you can never improve relative to your list (which I thought would have been obvious).

Building hood and iph is supposed to be a big factor in the game, so why don't you just bracket by income? That way even robbers have incentive to build their hood so they in turn get to rob higher iph players (who then actually have something to rob back for a change).

If you're not going to do that then at least change it so you can't be robbed by someone with half your stats.

Seriously it's not that hard, stop favouring the clowns who can't build their stats or iph.

passerby
12-26-2013, 06:31 PM
You know, I used to never get robbed. Never get robbed as in there would be no red in my news feed for month long periods. I didn't get robbed because I played smart and I made sure that my stats were much higher than my rivals. Now, every single time I start the game up I see that all of my buildings have been robbed thanks to this change.

My IPH is over 2 million. Guess the IPH's of the people robbing me? They ALL have around 100k or less IPH. NONE of them have any buildings worth robbing in return. I CANNOT retaliate against these players. What am I supposed to do, hit their level 1 movie theaters and leave them links so that they can find my hood with no effort? I even have one guy who keeps attacking for my unbanked cash. He will fail five attacks (his attack is considerably lower than my defense) just to win one, bank that little bit of money, then spam more attacks on me. So while I only lose a little bit of money, I gain a LOT of experience.

To top it all off, almost all of the profiles hitting me are around a month old. Almost all of their stats came from farming the Katina Carver boss and the current one. The people playing those profiles put absolutely no effort in.

How the f*ck does this make any kind of sense, Gree?

This was a stupid, pointless and ridiculous change.

Oracle001
12-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Spot on passerby, why they keep rewarding the hopeless players I will never know.

All they need to do is bracket by iph or at least ensure you can no longer rob someone with twice your stats. The people saying just to hit back are all those 100k iph people. Yeah you'd love that wouldn't you!

Captain Torgue
12-26-2013, 10:17 PM
You know, I used to never get robbed. Never get robbed as in there would be no red in my news feed for month long periods. I didn't get robbed because I played smart and I made sure that my stats were much higher than my rivals. Now, every single time I start the game up I see that all of my buildings have been robbed thanks to this change.

http://bibsandbaubles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Tissue-Cry-baby.jpg

Sleazy_P_Martini
12-26-2013, 10:25 PM
The whole point of getting stronger is to protect your hood. If you just continually match against stats then you can never improve relative to your list (which I thought would have been obvious).

Building hood and iph is supposed to be a big factor in the game, so why don't you just bracket by income? That way even robbers have incentive to build their hood so they in turn get to rob higher iph players (who then actually have something to rob back for a change).

If you're not going to do that then at least change it so you can't be robbed by someone with half your stats.
I'd argue against your point that the reason to up your stats is to protect your hood. With the lopsided stats these days, attack being the bigger stat, it seems like robbing is more to the point. building stats to rob better hoods.
I like your idea of bracketing by iph instead of level or stats. its interesting at the very least and may have merit. I think the best way is to tier it by level and open it on the weekends for some true carnage!!!

I have ten mil iph and am one of these people that robs close to double my stats.

passerby
12-26-2013, 10:32 PM
http://bibsandbaubles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Tissue-Cry-baby.jpg

LOL you're the guy who forms emotional bonds with faceless individuals over a cellphone game that you waste your entire government check on every month.

"We Assassins have forged unbreakable bonds for life!" -> In a different syndicate a month later. Hah.

ciontis
12-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Use a formula like... the higher your iph, the higher percentage of people with greater than or equal to your iph will dominate your rivals list. The lower your iph, a small percentage of people with greater than or equal to your iph will dominate your list.

So this still gives incentive to people with low incomes to come upon the big whales every once and awhile, while people with high iph's will have greater access to hoods with comparable income. Making it worthwhile to even open the rivals list. And you could add level brackets in there as well. If this is possible I don't know, just a thought...

Captain Torgue
12-26-2013, 11:06 PM
LOL you're the guy who forms emotional bonds with faceless individuals over a cellphone game.

The only emotional bond I have formed is with you. Can I call you daddy?

sister morphine
12-26-2013, 11:45 PM
So this still gives incentive to people with low incomes to come upon the big whales every once and awhile, while people with high iph's will have greater access to hoods with comparable income. Making it worthwhile to even open the rivals list. And you could add level brackets in there as well. If this is possible I don't know, just a thought...
The people with low incomes should be "encouraged" to work on their economies by not being given easy access to those who've often put years of effort into building theirs up. How many of them are members of syndicates whose bonuses were paid for by the high iph players of old; a large number of whom were not gold buyers. That was the beauty of the old pre-syndicates game - if you couldn't compete on stats through buying gold, you could at least have a level playing field on economy. Now it's all about maxing out your credit card each month, that's all gone along with (I heard) many of those old iph focused players.

Recaro
12-27-2013, 02:23 AM
20 pages into the thread, and Gree still doesn't do crap about probably the worst update to date.

ciontis
12-27-2013, 03:25 AM
The people with low incomes should be "encouraged" to work on their economies by not being given easy access to those who've often put years of effort into building theirs up. How many of them are members of syndicates whose bonuses were paid for by the high iph players of old; a large number of whom were not gold buyers. That was the beauty of the old pre-syndicates game - if you couldn't compete on stats through buying gold, you could at least have a level playing field on economy. Now it's all about maxing out your credit card each month, that's all gone along with (I heard) many of those old iph focused players.

I completely agree, and I think in my example their incentive to increase their own iph will be that their chances of finding better hoods increase with their own iph increases. But I don't think it's fair to take away all chances of finding someone that's of high IPH. I think everyone loves to come along and find that big whale at some point and rob him of millions. But it's of course all relative to your IPH.

sister morphine
12-27-2013, 04:58 AM
I completely agree, and I think in my example their incentive to increase their own iph will be that their chances of finding better hoods increase with their own iph increases. But I don't think it's fair to take away all chances of finding someone that's of high IPH. I think everyone loves to come along and find that big whale at some point and rob him of millions. But it's of course all relative to your IPH.
Believe me, it's no fun to be "farmed" by the same person over and over..... and as soon as they disappear another one comes along. :( when attackers could only take $300k per hit, no worries but when the amount lost increased massively (and I'm still concerned as to whether the 2-hr period of grace has been removed) it becomes another matter. I didn't play for three days over Christmas so all my buildings have been robbed. Funnily enough that's a weight off my mind because as long as I bank the boss money after each kill no one can get anything from me now.

It still shouldn't be that way though. Defence is to all intents and purposes dead unless you're a member of a top ten syndicate. And in a coma there.

ciontis
12-27-2013, 06:18 AM
Believe me, it's no fun to be "farmed" by the same person over and over..... and as soon as they disappear another one comes along. :( when attackers could only take $300k per hit, no worries but when the amount lost increased massively (and I'm still concerned as to whether the 2-hr period of grace has been removed) it becomes another matter. I didn't play for three days over Christmas so all my buildings have been robbed. Funnily enough that's a weight off my mind because as long as I bank the boss money after each kill no one can get anything from me now.

It still shouldn't be that way though. Defence is to all intents and purposes dead unless you're a member of a top ten syndicate. And in a coma there.

I've been farmed and still get farmed at times. 20 million iph. But that's part of the game, collect on time. Stats help with that, but there is always someone stronger. I agree that the amount taken from attacks is a bit much and they should just get rid of defense buildings. They don't follow inflation.

T20
12-27-2013, 06:40 AM
I recieved a barrage of xenophobic, and racist abuse by one player, beacuse I'm a "Hack", for robbing him when he is 20 levels below me!

Also, I have apparently been reported for this.

None of this, I actually give a flying f@*k about, however, I did offer to show him my rival list, via GroupMe, but apparently I'm just a lair and a thick f*@k, (LMFAO).

End of the day, I'm just playing the game. What else are you supposed to do??!! wait til you find a player within one level of yourself??!! Do me a favour!

Yes, I amd fortunate enough to find some pretty good IPH's, (Alot of these way better than mine), but it's not my fault my stats match those of a lot higher levels.

On the other side of the coin, I'm getting robbed by players WAY lower in level AND IPH, but I dont start b*tchin about it. It's all part of the game! Get over yourselves FFS!

And as for those crying about players with low IPH's, there can be a couple of good reasons for this.

1, They dont always get time to get on, to build they're hoods up

2, (And this is in my case) Some players donate almost ALL of their money to the syndicate in order to get maxed out as soon as possible.

Rant over, (I'm bored sh*tless @ work)

sister morphine
12-27-2013, 07:29 AM
On #2, been there, done that, got the t-shirt ;) a year ago all the original members of SAS were donating not "almost all" but "all" income to get those bonuses bought before the first war for Midtown. We did it too :) :) probably only Fight Club got there as well (excluding hacks of course) - though I stand to be corrected.

Max Power
12-27-2013, 08:01 AM
And as for those crying about players with low IPH's, there can be a couple of good reasons for this.

2, (And this is in my case) Some players donate almost ALL of their money to the syndicate in order to get maxed out as soon as possible.

So, you're sayin that people don't have time to build hoods up but they have time to scroll through rival lists and scope others hoods for targets to rob?

Good one.

Oracle001
12-27-2013, 08:07 AM

I love this. So far on your side someone said get over it and collect all your buildings on time, and now you've said get over it because those poor iph robbers don't get time to get on to build their hoods. Oh the irony!

No I don't blame you for taking advantage of the trial but you should expect some hostility when you're raiding people who should previously have been safe from you and haven't been notified that had changed. By your own admission it doesn't sound like your iph is very good so it's no surprise you're all aboard the gravy train with this change. Maybe I should say 'your iph is crap and you shouldn't be able to rob your way out of mediocrity so get over it ffs'. Is that a reasonable argument to you? Because that's about all you just contributed.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
12-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Addressing the idea of bracketing by IPH:

Bad idea. What's the point of pitting two guys with 15m IPH against each other when one has 10m attack and the other has 1m attack? Doesn't seem so fair now. High stat/high IPH will have an absolute field day.

The only solution is to leave things the way they bloody were and not go changing the very fabric of the game.

Oracle001
12-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Fair point offensivelynamedguy.

It wasn't perfect but I think at this stage most would be more than happy to go back to the old way. The iph suggestions are more 'if you must meddle with it then maybe do this instead..'

I would suggest perhaps iph would be fine though if you also limited by level as well. If you have 1mil stats at level 200 then you really can't complain about being smashed in your example I guess.

The Fonz
12-27-2013, 08:43 AM
I've been farmed and still get farmed at times. 20 million iph. But that's part of the game, collect on time. Stats help with that, but there is always someone stronger. I agree that the amount taken from attacks is a bit much and they should just get rid of defense buildings. They don't follow inflation.
In the past, yes, a stat boost would have reduced the likelihood of being pillaged successfully by the same individual at one's level, but all that nets you today is an automatic promotion to a higher bracket of pillagers (thanks to the revamped Rivals List).

If we wanted to use a mafia hierarchy analogy, one could argue that a newly-minted associate or even a soldier should never have direct access to the boss, but this is the situation we're faced with. Too many upstart accounts are hitting veteran players without paying their dues first.

T20
12-28-2013, 02:12 AM
So, you're sayin that people don't have time to build hoods up but they have time to scroll through rival lists and scope others hoods for targets to rob?

Good one.

Whatever man!

Ever thought that while they are robbing rivals, an upgrade is actually going on in their game?!

My point which you totally missed, is that they might not be able to get on as much as others!

Aint rocket science!

T20
12-28-2013, 02:13 AM
On #2, been there, done that, got the t-shirt ;) a year ago all the original members of SAS were donating not "almost all" but "all" income to get those bonuses bought before the first war for Midtown. We did it too :) :) probably only Fight Club got there as well (excluding hacks of course) - though I stand to be corrected.

Totally mate ;)

T20
12-28-2013, 02:17 AM
I love this. So far on your side someone said get over it and collect all your buildings on time, and now you've said get over it because those poor iph robbers don't get time to get on to build their hoods. Oh the irony!

No I don't blame you for taking advantage of the trial but you should expect some hostility when you're raiding people who should previously have been safe from you and haven't been notified that had changed. By your own admission it doesn't sound like your iph is very good so it's no surprise you're all aboard the gravy train with this change. Maybe I should say 'your iph is crap and you shouldn't be able to rob your way out of mediocrity so get over it ffs'. Is that a reasonable argument to you? Because that's about all you just contributed.

Explained that above, (about not getting on).

Cant be arsed explaining again.

My IPH aint that bad, but not as good as others, but on the flip side, I get robbed by players with pathetic IPH's, but I don't go abusing people and crying about it.

It's all part of the game.

Don't know why I am actually having to explain this again. You obviously just don't get it.

T20
12-28-2013, 02:20 AM
This is my final say here, cuz frankly, I cant be bothered explaining over again, and arguing about it.

We can only play the game the way it is set up. If it goes back to a 1 level swing, all well and good, I don't really actually care. I'm just playing the game. I cant change any of it.

Oracle001
12-28-2013, 03:40 AM
Sorry buddy I guess the lack of substance to your argument finally got the better of you.

Nighteg
12-28-2013, 03:44 AM
What amazes me the most about all this, is that there's so much to do, fix and improve in this game, but gree decided to break the only thing that wasn't broken!
Bravo!

TZora
12-28-2013, 04:48 AM
What amazes me the most about all this, is that there's so much to do, fix and improve in this game, but gree decided to break the only thing that wasn't broken!
Bravo!
doesn't amaze me. someone needs to hand them these signs ..

http://www.onlinesocialmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/if-it-ain-t-broke-don-t-fix-it.jpg

ciontis
12-28-2013, 03:57 PM
In the past, yes, a stat boost would have reduced the likelihood of being pillaged successfully by the same individual at one's level, but all that nets you today is an automatic promotion to a higher bracket of pillagers (thanks to the revamped Rivals List).

If we wanted to use a mafia hierarchy analogy, one could argue that a newly-minted associate or even a soldier should never have direct access to the boss, but this is the situation we're faced with. Too many upstart accounts are hitting veteran players without paying their dues first.

understand this, I'm totally against the revamped rivals list. And my stats comment you quoted was in context to the old system.

Max Power
12-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Whatever man!

Ever thought that while they are robbing rivals, an upgrade is actually going on in their game?!

My point which you totally missed, is that they might not be able to get on as much as others!

Aint rocket science!

Still doesn't hold water. Most meaningful upgrades take a long time. You could be the least active player and still have that be the one thing you keep up with. .

Face it, it's just stupid to say this new program makes sense because it caters to people's schedules more to rob than upgrade.

tom73
12-29-2013, 08:04 AM
Other than robbery being irritating building your iph is always good. At times you may need to rob as well. Those who do not build iph will always be lesser players. Robbing is time consuming and unproductive if you can grow the money.

N41LZ
12-30-2013, 05:59 AM
doesn't amaze me. someone needs to hand them these signs ..

http://www.onlinesocialmedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/if-it-ain-t-broke-don-t-fix-it.jpg

Gree's Fat Cat Motto:

If it ain't bringing in enough gold, FIX IT G*DAMMIT!!!!!!

TZora
12-30-2013, 08:20 PM
i for one, love the new rival's list! just had my first kill lol ..

http://imagesup.net/?di=1113884635521

and, that's my way of saying Happy New Year to indiots ... yeeeeehaaaaaa :D

Marine007
12-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Wanted to post

Rodimus
12-30-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm on IOS and I don't have an issue with the rivals list. I see 3 levels only, so...

Marine007
12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Me too, I don't know why everyone is making a big deal about it, everyone seems to make a big deal out of nothing!

Marine007
12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
And why are they idiots? Or indiots?

Captain Torgue
12-30-2013, 09:42 PM

The shark tank can see down to level 226 now Tzora, i'll keep an eye out for you :)

Marine007
12-30-2013, 09:51 PM
I have been lol

holy
12-30-2013, 10:51 PM
I dont like the new list, cancel it if possible.

TZora
12-30-2013, 11:33 PM
The shark tank can see down to level 226 now Tzora, i'll keep an eye out for you :)
yea bring it on grimmy!! desperately waiting for some action!!
wish i could see above 238 but that's as far as i can see :)

Aquaboo
12-31-2013, 12:24 AM

I have a 0 hood now and give lots of XP love to some randomer - beatcha TZ

TZora
12-31-2013, 02:50 AM
I have a 0 hood now and give lots of XP love to some randomer - beatcha TZ
u deleted ur builds? if that's what u're saying, feel sorry for ya. but really, 12/24/48 hour builds are easier to collect. oh well, even if someone robs over and again, what difference does it make? :)

Recaro
12-31-2013, 03:29 AM

Oh the irony of misspelling 'idiots' when calling someone else an idiot haha.

sister morphine
12-31-2013, 03:47 AM
Oh the irony of misspelling 'idiots' when calling someone else an idiot haha.
It's a rather worn out reference to Indians. Seriously though Zora, does anyone care about CK vs Indians anymore? That all ended a year ago.

It still makes me laugh how the indians continue to provoke so much hate in-game despite claims that they're now irrelevant. I came upon Burn last night and had a good giggle at the haters on his wall.

TZora
12-31-2013, 06:04 AM
It's a rather worn out reference to Indians. Seriously though Zora, does anyone care about CK vs Indians anymore? That all ended a year ago.

It still makes me laugh how the indians continue to provoke so much hate in-game despite claims that they're now irrelevant. I came upon Burn last night and had a good giggle at the haters on his wall.

as soon as the rivals list expanded today, iteachem was all over my hood and left the message "courtesy of indiot nation". and then others Arnie, samcro, etc etc lol.

i deleted their messages off my wall, should've seen them few hours ago. and, my news feed is filled with red and green, 90% attacks are from indiots. they love me as much as i love them :)

and please, don't take it like i hate them .. we all have fun .. i just love the drama and won't be wrong to say i do miss all the drama we had an year ago. i miss poopoo, burn, etc etc .. everyone .. most of all, i miss the CK squad we had before the syndicate crap .. nobody hates no one, we all need something to entertain ourselves :)

Asvaldr
12-31-2013, 07:28 AM
Would be better if rival list has/includes those match by stats and those match by the level. Players would have better variety and selection of truly called rival list.

iteachem
12-31-2013, 10:13 AM
as soon as the rivals list expanded today, iteachem was all over my hood and left the message "courtesy of indiot nation". and then others Arnie, samcro, etc etc lol.

i deleted their messages off my wall, should've seen them few hours ago. and, my news feed is filled with red and green, 90% attacks are from indiots. they love me as much as i love them :)

and please, don't take it like i hate them .. we all have fun .. i just love the drama and won't be wrong to say i do miss all the drama we had an year ago. i miss poopoo, burn, etc etc .. everyone .. most of all, i miss the CK squad we had before the syndicate crap .. nobody hates no one, we all need something to entertain ourselves :)

Zora I didn't post anything on your wall.. I rarely do..

Congrats on winning one of the fight attempts against me last night... I salute your ability to screenshot it and run to the forums for attention again ...

Funny how you delete your wall yet post so much on mine...

BTW I lost your link . Could you hit me again.

oh and about the 499 comment you made on my wall.. burn was the ratcatcher. BTW didn't you drop to like 485 or something.. and please don't tell me it was to hunt for indians sincie i know that as low as any of them ever drop is 499

josh31
12-31-2013, 11:25 AM
I just got tired of looking on the new rival list. It seems that the people with high iph only get to see all the poor hoods and nothing worthy of your time. My iph is usually 3-5 millions higher than all the opponents that I had found so far which is not fair. The new list should be 50% hoods with lower iph than yours and the other 50 for iph higher than yours.

TZora
12-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Zora I didn't post anything on your wall.. I rarely do..

Congrats on winning one of the fight attempts against me last night... I salute your ability to screenshot it and run to the forums for attention again ...

Funny how you delete your wall yet post so much on mine...

BTW I lost your link . Could you hit me again.

oh and about the 499 comment you made on my wall.. burn was the ratcatcher. BTW didn't you drop to like 485 or something.. and please don't tell me it was to hunt for indians sincie i know that as low as any of them ever drop is 499

whoever posted on my wall .. you or others, any difference? you all are hiding in your peepees and got your heads stuffed into each other's .......... ( :p )

anyway, i dropped cuz i had some unwanted ppl in my mafia. and thereafter, i've been constantly raising my mafia count. its been weeks i'm playing with 500 mafia. but indiot rats i've mentioned are still playing with 499 mafia .. know why? they're hiding from OCK .. if you have some blahblah to say, tell me the reason why they're on 499?

i've already given you the links three times. put some work lazy boy, refresh refresh :)

by the way, you never replied to my Happy New Year wishes, butthurt from all the drama? come on, lighten up :D

fuzzy
12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
anyway, i dropped cuz i had some unwanted ppl in my mafia. and thereafter, i've been constantly raising my mafia count. its been weeks i'm playing with 500 mafia. but indiot rats i've mentioned are still playing with 499 mafia .. know why? they're hiding from OCK .. if you have some blahblah to say, tell me the reason why they're on 499?

The truth is....99.9% of the shark tank is 499 or 498

TZora
12-31-2013, 08:30 PM
The truth is....99.9% of the shark tank is 499 or 498
you will always find me up with 500 mafia .. if i ever dropped my mafia count, wont be because i'm scared of the beatings. it would be just to make my rivals put some work in finding me .. refresh refresh .. it is fun :D

GavP
12-31-2013, 09:11 PM
I had it ... Now it's gone and the old rival list is back ...

TZora
12-31-2013, 09:41 PM
strange stuff happening right now .. i just got some old msgs on my wall that i deleted back in november.

and about the wall msgs, itrollem, i always clean my wall. i don't like a wall full of messages be it from friends or foe. you can see my wall right now, there are many friendly messages but by evening, all will be deleted. i just like to keep my wall clean :)

Bobcc68
01-01-2014, 04:06 AM
I had it ... Now it's gone and the old rival list is back ...

Same with me - maybe it's a role reversal, those that had the expanded list back to normal, those that didn't now have expanded? Anyway, be interesting to hear their views now...

GavP
01-01-2014, 04:27 AM
Same with me - maybe it's a role reversal, those that had the expanded list back to normal, those that didn't now have expanded? Anyway, be interesting to hear their views now...

Seems like it and I guess it makes sense. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Nighteg
01-01-2014, 04:32 AM
The old rivals list is back. Hallelujah!

T20
01-01-2014, 05:36 AM
Sorry buddy I guess the lack of substance to your argument finally got the better of you.

Think what you want mate, I'm not fussed TBH. Your not going to try and see my side whatever I say, so I'm out of here for the last time.

You seem the sort that likes to get the last word. It's up to you if you want to sit there and bother to type out a reply out, but I wont be here to read it.

Peace out :cool:

T20
01-01-2014, 05:38 AM
Still doesn't hold water. Most meaningful upgrades take a long time. You could be the least active player and still have that be the one thing you keep up with. .

Face it, it's just stupid to say this new program makes sense because it caters to people's schedules more to rob than upgrade.

I actually get what you are saying, but your not even trying get what I am.

See ya later. I wont be back again, so it's up to you if you want to reply or not. I won't see it :cool:

Sleazy_P_Martini
01-01-2014, 05:47 AM
I am able to see about 4 levels up and down from my level. usually it was one level in both directions.

Lars
01-01-2014, 06:04 AM
back on the old list, too! Thank God!

Oracle001
01-01-2014, 06:08 AM
Think what you want mate, I'm not fussed TBH. Your not going to try and see my side whatever I say, so I'm out of here for the last time.

You seem the sort that likes to get the last word. It's up to you if you want to sit there and bother to type out a reply out, but I wont be here to read it.

Peace out :cool:

Lol that's exactly what you said last time, and you took my bait so obviously you do come back to lurk.

Regardless, common sense has prevailed and the old list is back so I don't even need the last word, Grees done it for me.

Well done to the logical people who fought this, and to the sad little leeches out there get investing in your hoods, because you won't be getting mine tonight.

"Peace out"