PDA

View Full Version : The Boss event & GREE

alphakennybody
12-17-2013, 06:10 AM
I have a feeling but I hope I'm wrong, even though there is a possibility of the raid boss (still confused on this event), I know there will be the personal boss event underlining it, so my thing is I hope they continue giving the prizes for boss and not these ridiculous medals 95% of the community is not going for. I'm sure we will not get a heads up (then again I could be wrong with the recent increase in presence from mods, I know due to their mistakes...@mods don't only show up for the bad things just show up, it really helps), but leave the prizes as is with boss please, because if this is change I fear we will see even more step down (@mods haven't you seen the destruction this medal event has done? Do you not relay info to your boss, is it fear of losing your position for speaking up on behalf of the customer? ) so please if you give medals with boss make it that it is awarded along with prize and not take the place of what works.

Judas Goat
12-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Players are beginning NOT to care.

Choosing NOT to be herded like cattle is now the preferred option for many players.

Not caring about NOTHING is suddenly cool.

Flash0810
12-17-2013, 06:27 AM
The only thing I have to say is if GREE only gives out medals, I and many others will not be doing the BOSS event.

alphakennybody
12-17-2013, 06:27 AM
Players are beginning NOT to care.

Choosing NOT to be herded like cattle is now the preferred option for many players.

Not caring about NOTHING is suddenly cool.
Lol, what?

Judas Goat
12-17-2013, 06:31 AM
Lol, what?

What?

The players (👀s) EYES have been opened.

People no longer care about trinkets.

They SEE what's been happening.

They're choosing to do other things.

sraghav42
12-17-2013, 06:40 AM
I don't care of that anymore, I just take this game as a GAME.

camper killer
12-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Alpha,

I can say for sure that the mods to listen and communicate. The real problem is not the mods. its the Project Managers and Sr Management from Japan who demand minimum revenue stream from the PMs. These are the people who not only do not listen, but do not care. So a single player leaves? So a coulple hundred leave? This is not even a percetnage point of the user base and not even measureable on the monthly revenue stream. So long as money flows they will not act. Remember this is a Japanese company and like all Japanese companies, they take instructions from Japan and cannot act on their own with out approval from the home office. Now the programming laziness and issues, thats 100% a US problem. If you have ever done business with a Japanese company, nothing here should be a suprise. Thier MO is profits now. Wring your customers for all you can get while you can get and move on to the next big thing. Gree is hurting in Japan. When Kampu Gacha was made illegal they saw huge drops in their domestic revenue. This is evident in their monthly SEC filings. As well, their slot machine business in Japan is slumping, this compounded with the illegality of the Kampu Gacha game model has crippled their Asain revenue streams. Whats left you ask? World markets are next. MW is 100% based on Kampu Gacha (now illegal in many countries in the world). You have to understand the underpinings. Mods are just that, Mods. They are not Project Managers and do their part to communite. I Know this for a fact.

thanks for listening

Poop/Camper

Cook Russ
12-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Alpha,

I can say for sure that the mods to listen and communicate. The real problem is not the mods. its the Project Managers and Sr Management from Japan who demand minimum revenue stream from the PMs. These are the people who not only do not listen, but do not care. So a single player leaves? So a coulple hundred leave? This is not even a percetnage point of the user base and not even measureable on the monthly revenue stream. So long as money flows they will not act. Remember this is a Japanese company and like all Japanese companies, they take instructions from Japan and cannot act on their own with out approval from the home office. Now the programming laziness and issues, thats 100% a US problem. If you have ever done business with a Japanese company, nothing here should be a suprise. Thier MO is profits now. Wring your customers for all you can get while you can get and move on to the next big thing. Gree is hurting in Japan. When Kampu Gacha was made illegal they saw huge drops in their domestic revenue. This is evident in their monthly SEC filings. As well, their slot machine business in Japan is slumping, this compounded with the illegality of the Kampu Gacha game model has crippled their Asain revenue streams. Whats left you ask? World markets are next. MW is 100% based on Kampu Gacha (now illegal in many countries in the world). You have to understand the underpinings. Mods are just that, Mods. They are not Project Managers and do their part to communite. I Know this for a fact.

thanks for listening

Poop/Camper

Thank you for bringing some actual intelligence into the debate. Couldn't agree more.

Judas Goat
12-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Is the Kool Aid sweet?
What's the flavor of the week, or is it month?
LOL
Gotta keep the suckers engaged.
LMFAO
Wouldn't want them making WISER or SELF DETERMINING choices, would we?
Does it matter if person A is better than person B, if the involvement in a THING isn't in YOUR best interest?
Does it matter who's CHEATING you, when you're being CHEATED?

alphakennybody
12-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Thank you for bringing some actual intelligence into the debate. Couldn't agree more.
What debate?

Judas Goat
12-17-2013, 08:29 AM
What debate?

Resolved, being cheated and conned is good for you.

Resolved, ignore being cheated, just keep spending, because THEY told you so.

Resolved, being herded and driven like a flock of sheep to tap, tap, tap is fun.

alphakennybody
12-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Resolved, being cheated and conned is good for you.

Resolved, ignore being cheated, just keep spending, because THEY told you so.

Resolved, being herded and driven like a flock of sheep to tap, tap, tap is fun.
Because I stay within my limits, I do not break my bank for them.

Cook Russ
12-17-2013, 08:34 AM
What debate?

Sorry I worded that terribly; that wasn't directed at you. I agree with you. It's just nice seeing a post with actual intelligence coming from it other than the typical ignorant GREE bashing that takes place on these forums on a minute by minute basis nowadays.

alphakennybody
12-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Sorry I worded that terribly; that wasn't directed at you. I agree with you. It's just nice seeing a post with actual intelligence coming from it other than the typical ignorant GREE bashing that takes place on these forums on a minute by minute basis nowadays.
No worries. I understand.

Bobar
12-17-2013, 08:47 AM
hopefully this megatasking (getting medals) is not where gree heads to with the next world Domination Country tour....

Judas Goat
12-17-2013, 08:55 AM
What is mind blowing here is how the masses continue to support a product that doesn't support you. Other game platforms such as Nintendo, Microsoft, & PlayStation actually care about the consumer. You won't find any hacks, or glitches as the games are always monitored and updated regularly. Customer service is phenomenal something you'll never see here at GREEd.

Games like the new Call of Duty would sell around $49.99-$59.99 before tax depending on which platform you're playing. You may also find yourself paying an extra $50.00 for a season pass which would allow you to download extra map packs which are released throughout the year.

What these game manufacturers have in common is the instructions they provide before you play the game. They tell you what the function of each button is and what it's used for and even give you a practice run to get used to the game. Something GREEd doesn't provide. With these platforms you only pay for the game once & if you like, you can purchase extra maps as you play.

But how in the world do we continue to spend cash for fake gold on a game that doesn't provide instructions? Look at WD for example. During war Gree said if you get 1500 wins you can win this new 2013 unit but fail to tell you that You can only get it if you win 1500 offensive wins and any defensive wins don't count. How can you allow GREEd to change the rules on you add you play. How long are you going to allow yourself to keep falling for the GREE TRAP?

My goodness, this person is a genius.

This person can teach the rest of you many, many things.

Sadly, you'll just troll him or her, bash her or him, and try to silence him or her.

Then, you'll eagerly receive your 30 pieces of fake, Gree gold.

The shills are helping their master do his fleecing of the flock.

SPWD
12-17-2013, 08:58 AM
hopefully this megatasking (getting medals) is not where gree heads to with the next world Domination Country tour....

This I believe would mean the end for most,it's obvious there are loads of us teetering on the edge of quitting,yet what do these GREETARDS do,yes they change the prizes on a crappy event that most people give up on due to not getting anywhere into god damn medals which 95% of us aren't going for,they haven't got a clue!

Dutchie
12-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Listen to Poopenshire/Camper Killer and Su Pa Fu Ka... GREE is a wholly unethical gaming company who don't care for their gamers. They just want to fleece you out of your hard earned cash by dangling these so called trinkets that are getting more and more expensive to get with the odds stacked in their favour. The mods and engineers are powerless to make the changes we ask for and they will continue to fall on deaf ears. As people leave the game and the revenue drops, they will make it more and more expensive to achieve the goals in order to keep their revenues up. This game is a trap and it is time to get out of the trap! Many prominent players have seen the light, so have I and I haven't spent a penny on this game since the Summer, nor will GREE ever get another penny from me.

alphakennybody
12-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Guess what gree did... enough with these ridiculous medals...

Dirty Mind
12-18-2013, 12:34 PM
please tell me we are not beating bosses for these stupid medals. On the plus side, its nice being able to take a few events off, sort of like a vacation. Lets see what modern Philosopher Judas Goat has to say about this.

Speak Easy
12-18-2013, 12:43 PM

This has been said several times before. You just got to see them before the thread is deleted and the poster banned permanently. Some get banned for receiving a PM which are not private the way.

You can't mention Complete Gatcha. They are trying to erase history by deleting all reference to that. And never mention the word gambling.

SPWD
12-18-2013, 12:43 PM
FFS so we're not going to get a big prize for 3/6/9 etc etc we get a fuxxing medal,yet another event I'm sitting out,gree are you serious,with these medals your probably catering for what 5 % of your customers lol,absolutely clueless!!

Hupernikomen
12-18-2013, 04:07 PM
That 5% brings in what portion on the revenue? Nearly all players out of top 750 are free to free gold players.

I would venture to guess that those in the top 250-750 faction spend on an average of $500/month as a faction. So roughly 25k from that group. Top 100-250 probably average $1500 month. $225k total from them. Top 25-top 100. 5k average per month. $375k per month from them. Top 25 average 40k per month. $ 1 mil per month. Those top 25 factions are where the 5% people are and they spend more than all the others combined. The stronger the grow the more they drag along with them whole they spit out a few who finally come to their senses.

Just crazy huper math, but i have yet to see a single event that gree has put out that people at the top, where the real revenue is, has refused to complete.

Generik79
12-18-2013, 04:19 PM
have to disagree here, the mods do not care. Nor do I demand they care. It's their jobs to do this...they do it quite poorly. Not much beyond that, just wanted to say they do not care. They need the company to make money so their job isn't the next one phased out. Fairly simple. So long as people keep the revenues going, it never ends nor ever gets better.

Vetach
12-18-2013, 07:41 PM
That 5% brings in what portion on the revenue? Nearly all players out of top 750 are free to free gold players.

I would venture to guess that those in the top 250-750 faction spend on an average of $500/month as a faction. So roughly 25k from that group. Top 100-250 probably average $1500 month. $225k total from them. Top 25-top 100. 5k average per month. $375k per month from them. Top 25 average 40k per month. $ 1 mil per month. Those top 25 factions are where the 5% people are and they spend more than all the others combined. The stronger the grow the more they drag along with them whole they spit out a few who finally come to their senses.

Just crazy huper math, but i have yet to see a single event that gree has put out that people at the top, where the real revenue is, has refused to complete.

Just look at this crate event. Right now the top leader has opened and gotten 523 swords. With 15 gold to open, 15 gold to reset comes out roughly 1 thousand dollars worth of gold (15k gold). It's for a lack of better words F$&@ Tarded. Im sorry but no game is worth that.

I played ultima online from the start (late 90's) for about 9 years. That game had a monthly fee of ~10$ and it provided so much more than this game ever could. they began offering things in game that cost money, buy this special item buy this boost. It got to where you had to spend ridiculous amounts of money to stay competitive. Developers stopped listening to the player base and only listening to a few who spent money on redicilous items. Now if you go on that game, it's a ghost town. What use to have over a million subscribers paying over 10 an account(most had multiple accounts) down to maybe a population of 30k. All because of a little greed and a failure to manage cheating/hacking. While mw is no where the same caliber of a game, but I still enjoy chatting with my faction mates. I still enjoy customizing my base. With that said, gree is making the same mistakes. If they continue, they will find themselves with a ghost town.

Tr@inWreck
12-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Alpha,

thanks for listening

Poop/Camper

very nice thread and informative...
~lemon~

Speak Easy
12-18-2013, 08:40 PM

You have either hit on a new marketing law here or your assumptions are way out.

Busted the Pareto share metric law and also Goodhardt's.

Hupernikomen
12-19-2013, 09:08 AM
My numbers are very rough estimates. 5%, 15% whatever. They cater the game to the deepest pockets period.

SevenO9
12-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Just look at this crate event. Right now the top leader has opened and gotten 523 swords. With 15 gold to open, 15 gold to reset comes out roughly 1 thousand dollars worth of gold (15k gold). It's for a lack of better words F$&@ Tarded. Im sorry but no game is worth that.

I played ultima online from the start (late 90's) for about 9 years. That game had a monthly fee of ~10$ and it provided so much more than this game ever could. they began offering things in game that cost money, buy this special item buy this boost. It got to where you had to spend ridiculous amounts of money to stay competitive. Developers stopped listening to the player base and only listening to a few who spent money on redicilous items. Now if you go on that game, it's a ghost town. What use to have over a million subscribers paying over 10 an account(most had multiple accounts) down to maybe a population of 30k. All because of a little greed and a failure to manage cheating/hacking. While mw is no where the same caliber of a game, but I still enjoy chatting with my faction mates. I still enjoy customizing my base. With that said, gree is making the same mistakes. If they continue, they will find themselves with a ghost town.

First, what a game is worth is a very individual decission. While I agree that 1k is a lot of money I would not put that messurement upon others. Is a car worth 250k? Is a house worth 5 mil? Would you spend 5k on a hotel room? 25k on a watch? Last time I checked Ferrari, Hilton and Rolex were doing great. So there seem to be people who think their products are worth it. Use your imagination, with 6 billion people there will always be customers out there.

Second, what makes you think Gree is interested in long term customers? Welcome to the world of mobile apps where a typical product lifecycle is some month at best. Milk the cow while it lasts. Move on to the next. Rinse and repeat.