PDA

View Full Version : Who is collecting medals and what is your prize dream?

DTA-HOG
12-16-2013, 12:17 PM
A lot of big prizes have been given lately to encourage the top 10% to throw down huge amounts of money. Gree never announced the purpose of this event. We don't know if you need ALL the medals to get the prize or if only a few medals qualifies you for a lesser unit. I do believe the purpose if this is a psychological experiment. How else do you explain creating a task and not announcing what you get in return for completing the task. You just have to have faith in The Lord Gree, and hope that his generosity empowers you with great strength. With this new event started and the obvious purpose is to continue to collect medals, I see a lot of money for piss poor odds coming your way.

Who out there is collecting ALL the medals? What do you expect your prize to be roughly to complete this objective? Finally, how much gold have you spent? You won't be seen as bragging. The 90% of us that have no intentions of going for the gold would really like to know how much it costs to be in that upper class of the top 10%? 10% is a just a random number. Is anyone in a faction that has a member going for all medals? My Top 150 faction does not have anyone going for it, and the top spenders in our group are going to be slowing way down on the spending due to the recent activities that we all just learned are ILLEGAL in Japan.

Thief
12-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Well First i'm not collecting all of the Medals. I made that decision during the first LTQ as i couldn't get a list of what would be needed so i choose to take myself out of the occassion early.

Secondly in order to get the final prize you do need to get ALL medals. You can earn interm prizes by completing the 16 goals along the way to reach ALL medals but in order to get the last prize.

The prize has been on Splash Screen Recon Ghost Elite 330,000/270,000

Currently i don't know anyone going for it as i have advised everyone it may be impossible to even get.

Cost? Well with the current event structures i would say cost so far ranges from 9-12k Gold. (That doesn't include the current auction event which has a huge swing on its own or any of the remaining events)

SGT Rud
12-16-2013, 12:23 PM
This could help you out.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?76921-Cycle-Warpath-To-Cuba

12-16-2013, 12:37 PM
I have 26 now. Gonna get them all

DTA-HOG
12-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I have 26 now. Gonna get them all

It would be great if you could keep us up to date on your feelings and cost of the event as it continues. Inquiring minds find this task quite interesting.

Evil Mastermind
12-16-2013, 01:06 PM
A member of my faction will get them all. No question about it.

Zulfiqaar
12-16-2013, 01:09 PM
A member of my faction will get them all. No question about it.
but will your faction get 56 win streak? That is probably the requirement for last medal.

Evil Mastermind
12-16-2013, 01:19 PM
but will your faction get 56 win streak? That is probably the requirement for last medal.

Normally no. I don't foresee GREE making the team goals a requirement for medals. Individual wins, yes. But if it's the difference between her getting that prize and not getting that prize it wouldnt surpise me to see her carry the team for those wins.

Zulfiqaar
12-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Normally no. I don't foresee GREE making the team goals a requirement for medals. Individual wins, yes. But if it's the difference between her getting that prize and not getting that prize it wouldnt surpise me to see her carry the team for those wins.

CJ54 did mention the total medals would be from BOTH the individual and faction goals..

Evil Mastermind
12-16-2013, 01:34 PM
CJ54 did mention the total medals would be from BOTH the individual and faction goals..

Do you happen to have a link to that post? I would like to pass it along. I saw his one post that had the breakdown of the medals per event. I haven't seen anything from him that specifically stated that 50 wins or 12/12 streak was required? Anyone?

BostonHammer
12-16-2013, 01:42 PM

I can't find his post but I also thought he said that medals would not be part of the crate events.

gero
12-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Thief, here is some info from the design team on this one:

The number of medals in each event:

Cold Front 4
Holiday Huntdown 4
Base Capture 18
Emperor Crate Event 4
Limited Time Mission 4
General Frost 10
Operation Holidays 4
Conquering Cuba 22

To get the top prize, a player needs to collect ALL the medals. For the Conquering Cuba event, all medals are given through GLTQs and LTQs, NOT the leaderboard.

If you have other specific questions that would make the planning easier, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?76921-Cycle-Warpath-To-Cuba/page2 (post #49)

Evil Mastermind
12-16-2013, 01:45 PM
I can't find his post but I also thought he said that medals would not be part of the crate events.

It said it would not be a part of the leaderboard and it isn't. You don't have to be on the leaderboard to get the medals from this current crate event.

Evil Mastermind
12-16-2013, 01:46 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?76921-Cycle-Warpath-To-Cuba/page2 (post #49)

Thanks Gero but I don't see anything about 50 wins or 12/12 streak required in that post.

gero
12-16-2013, 01:47 PM
"For the Conquering Cuba event, all medals are given through GLTQs and LTQs, NOT the leaderboard."

I take this statement to mean that medals will be awarded based on completion of goals within the faction and individual portion of the Cuba campaign.

BostonHammer
12-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks Gero and you're right evil mastermind, my memory was off.

Evil Mastermind
12-16-2013, 01:54 PM
"For the Conquering Cuba event, all medals are given through GLTQs and LTQs, NOT the leaderboard."

I take this statement to mean that medals will be awarded based on completion of goals within the faction and individual portion of the Cuba campaign.

Could be. I wasn't looking at it from that perspective. Thx! When I saw leaderboard I was thinking about stupid crate event. I wasn't even thinking about leaderboard during WD event.

DFI
12-16-2013, 02:55 PM
I wld not recommend spending gold on an event that the mods refuse to lay out all the rules.

SPWD
12-16-2013, 03:58 PM
When was the last time they did?

mreilly
12-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I wld not recommend spending gold on an event that the mods refuse to lay out all the rules.

I don't think anyone would disagree with this. I would probably drop some money to finish this crate event to ensure i get all the medals but not knowing how stupid the next event has me holding back.

Spwd: CJ did post saying they would explain the event but they clearly never did... its a shame they do it for other games but then leave MW in the dark.

DFI
12-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Just imagine if they made it 150 or 200 bosses.... If you have been perfect in collecting medals, a big decision cld be awaiting.