PDA

View Full Version : Match up people are brain damaged?

Dirty Larry
12-16-2013, 11:30 AM
The guy that is responsible for this match up thing is asleep behind the wheel. My top 150 Matched three top 25 in a row. 2 of which we had 4 people could hit one or two of their minis. That is all

Dirty Larry
12-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Correction 4 in a row now.

Puckface McGee
12-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Not every match up is going to be perfect. For the higher tier syndicates it will be even worse, since there are less options to be matched up against. For example, a top 150 team has 50 teams to possibly be matched with to stick in the 100-150 range. Battles last 60 minutes, 2 teams per battle. If every 100-150 team declared at the same time, 25 fights would be going on. Instead, it is not simultaneous and sometimes you will have to deal with being matched up against higher or lower tiered teams.

Also notice that there are no syndicates complaining about being matched up against teams much weaker than theirs....

sister morphine
12-16-2013, 12:25 PM
The guy that is responsible for this match up thing is asleep behind the wheel. My top 150 Matched three top 25 in a row. 2 of which we had 4 people could hit one or two of their minis. That is all
Frustration is understandable. The matching algorithm is determined by the total attack strength of the syndicate; at least that's the way it should work. Sometimes though there is no equivalent opponent available, so you either get a loooong wait or get matched with whoever is around at the time. Sometimes they'll be too strong for you. Like Puckface says, do you complain if you get a weaker team?

Players who've studied the matching in KA have concluded that points scored are not the prime factor, they might come into play if normal equivalence matching fails.

Rammy
12-16-2013, 08:02 PM
I myself find it interesting with the match ups. We play in the top 50 and get a wide range of match ups from top 200 to FC. We just play a non battle then carry on it just sucks when you get hit with SAS right after you finish getting your beating from FC lol. But that's all part of the game and if you think about it that's 2 free hours to do something else.

PawnXIIX
12-16-2013, 08:13 PM
For the love of God stop posting this. WE KNOW. It's messed up. This is now the 1000th or so post about the matchup system having flaws. I've seen this topic so many times it hurts.