PDA

View Full Version : McGurt: Honesty and Integrity

Durt McGurt
12-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Announcer: From the fine people who brought you such classics as McGurt Brought the Hurt (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?50221-McGURT-Brought-the-HURT!), TAR & Feathered (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?52867-TAR-amp-Feathered), Molespec, Just Clowning Around (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?54948-Just-CLOWNING-Around) and MOFFO your Money....

We humbly present.... The Highlight Reel

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Click the blue text that reads "Cue Music" for soundtrack. All song available on iTunes

Cue Music (http://youtu.be/4ITLNzPoEqs)

http://youtu.be/Atn2AjXQqkI

Our story begins in Brazil... After a few months of not knowing what World Domination was all about... McGurt squeaked out a 30th place finish. This effort was led by Augie's Army, Ace Ebb, Patrick, Batum and Baddy.

Cue Music (http://youtu.be/NG2zyeVRcbs)

It was clear to see that gold would be the driving force to results in WD events, so the recruiting of gold players began. There was no better recruiter than Raptor. He worked tirelessly to fill the roster with like-minded players. One such player who joined was Sir Elmo. In Greenland he catapulted us into the top 25.

Our goal moving forward was to be consistent top 25 team. This goal was accomplished in Egypt as well. Finishing in the top 25 a few times helped with recruiting and soon we had players who wished to test the waters in the top 10.

http://t1.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/20/27/06/400_F_20270629_aMMU7zYiTcireiFZpTP3yy7xnPhvuGgK.jp g

China was the introduction of the Eric and Rage. As well as merging with another top team and gaining monsters such as Paul and KillerM2. In this event, the scores for top 10 skyrocketed as we surprised the established top 10 teams and a new term was coined "Darknessed" (missing top 10 by very small margin). When the dust settled, a 6th place finish was ours and a new era began.

Cue Music (http://youtu.be/BR_DFMUzX4E)

In the Ireland and Colombia campaigns our top 10 finishes continued. Kicking a$$ and taking names along the way. We made a few enemies along the road and our endless fight against h@ckers was about to catch up to us.

Cue Music (http://youtu.be/YJVmu6yttiw)

After the Colombia campaign we recruited 5 players from the Real MOFFOs. Each had been with them for a few events. The day after they joined McGurt it was brought to our attention they were using a 99% health regen hack. One of our officers Lord Vader sacrificed his account to get all the screen shots needed. He then sent it all to support and self-reported himself. But the damage was done. It was made very clear to us how easily this game could be manipulated. It was posted here and the poster (yours truly) b@nned.

The manner in which it was handled caused quite a stir in the MW community. It was said that several top players from several top 10 teams received large refunds from iTunes, but this is unconfirmed. Our team morale was at an all-time low. From these happenings Slash and Brun (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?57006-McGurt-Slash-amp-Brun-the-Madacascar-Rain-Forest) was conceived. After another top 10 was secured, several key members left the game completely.

In the Poland we slow played used gold that was held in reserve. Still managing a top 25 finish.

After assurances from Gree that the 99% health regen h@ck was no longer around, we felt more secure in returning to the top 10 in Australia.

Leading up to the Canada event a merge between McGurt and World Wide Warriors was completed. Another top 10 finish was in the books.

This partnership was short lived as the warriors had a Bond and mostly regrouped under a different banner.

Cue Music (http://youtu.be/uIPS4LyveJs)

McGurt hit the streets again and increased its recruitment efforts, continuing to secure top 10 finishes in India, France and Mexico. But the magic seemed to be gone. The events seemed too many too often. After each event there would be a wave of players retiring and only a few looking to move up.

The streak units added something new for the Italy campaign, but not enough to keep the war machine rolling for long.

In the Netherlands another 7th place finish was secured. But the endless tapping had taken its toll.

The Final Chapter
Cue Music (http://youtu.be/k-ARuoSFflc)

The senior officers of McGurt have come to the tough conclusion that it is finally time for us to stop chasing rank and units. We will now play for fun, as most games are designed. I will not go into the large variety of issues that have brought us to this point including issues with the game provider. Instead, we will speak with our wallets. Our final mission is to find great homes for our members who yearn for more. We wish you all the best in and out of game.

I would like to thank all the McGurts past and present, there are too many to name them all but standouts include Eric, Biensoi, Rage, Paul, Wiz, Raptor, Commander Don, 00Donkey, Augie, 00Scoots, YD, Ace Ebberstien, Nashzilla, Phil, Elmo, SMW, Steve, Dani, Chartier, Pronkie, Mini Biencounter, BBJ, & PUGS (human encyclopedia).

Thanks to the squads and players we have had the privilege of working with, including iBOB & Blest, The Unsullied & JB, JHenry, SOF/McGurt2 & Josiah.

To GSF, VFF, Dogs & Gunners: It has been a pleasure working with you all as well as battling head to head. I hope you all continue to accomplish your goals.

To S1: Congratulations on your complete dominance of the game. Speed(b)ump, your time dedication to this game is mind blowing.
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y462/staffpicks/Animated_GIFs/2qdy5o0.gif

Thank you to Funzio/Gree for creating this game that brought us all together.

Cue Music (http://youtu.be/o22eIJDtKho)

Curtain softly closes, exit stage left.

http://davidosmond.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/the-end.jpg

Web323
12-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Great piece McGurt

Thief
12-16-2013, 11:32 AM
As always McGurt a Class Act. I've seen more Retire from this game in the last 30 days than all of the other months put together and seeing the folks at Mcgurt go down in the history books is a telling sign. We have all had a wonderful time and i have respect for every member you listed above in your team. I hope that retirement goes on for awhile (no Rage quitting now :P) and we can all relax by the pool and have some drinks remember the days of battle. I'm sure new teams will step up to take the places as the existing top 10 teams tire of the same issues we have all grown weary of.

camper killer
12-16-2013, 11:39 AM
I have to say it is a sad day when this team folds shop....

shame on you Gree for letting this happen......

this is one great team and leader that could have helped bring in new customers and help them grow.

Sadistic.
12-16-2013, 11:41 AM
As always , we are McGurts and we stand tall and proud and full of honour.. My hats off to everyone of you that have served under the McGurt banner under either myself,Bien,Paul or the greatest legend of all, MR MCGURT himself...

Truly Legends to the END.. 👍

Elite Enforcer
12-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Great choice. Just play for fun. If gree creates a expensive game, we will create a free one.

honest Abe
12-16-2013, 11:57 AM
This is a group that will be missed. The expose was highlight reel worthy. Sad day to see this crew wind down. Good guys all of them.

Paiens
12-16-2013, 11:58 AM
I am in AFSO, a classy top 25 no hack faction. Feel free to refer anyone to me in Private messages if tehy want a good home with some classy players.

Sad to see you go, but it is becoming the norm quite sadly. Air Force Special Ops has lost a lot of good people in the last bit, luckily the core is still strong...who knows for how long.

Will miss you, and i considered it a badge of honor getting raided by Durt Mcgurt!

DTA-HOG
12-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Well said sir. I tip my hat to ya and wish you well. I'm sure you're not going to be the last major fraction to reduce spending and I hope the Top 3 can come to an agreement, and stop the ridiculous spending. If this happens, gree will dump the title and this game will return to what I've read that it used to be. An artist's creation that many people had nothing but fun playing. FareWell McGurt! May your name and units forever be a part of what's to come of this game.

Edit: I never got the chance to acknowledge your artistic skills with Photoshop and a camera. Your profile pic is a work of art. I am a hard core enthusiast of photography with 14-300mm 2.8 glass. Very impressive work my friend and I would love to see more.

Judas Goat
12-16-2013, 12:06 PM
You can choose to leave or wait until the other event occurs.

Either way, nothing lasts forever.

Skittles711
12-16-2013, 12:07 PM
I would advise all of you to embrace the true Wu!

Use public assistance to fund your game play. Stand in the free video welfare line and you could easily have at least 550 gold per month. 18-20 per day

Don't be tempted by the flash of the well off in the mission and hunts. Be a line squatter. pre-Stage everything and use every second of an event.

Most important maximize selling your food stamps (in game cash) to upgrade LTE buildings to recieve the government hand outs ( indestructible units)

These are just a few of the ways to beat your addiction and stay true to the ways of the Wu!

Disclaimer: I am not a member of McGrut's faction. Just a fan of the clan!

Jhenry02
12-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Peace be with you Durt, King of the Mcgurts.

Generik79
12-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Wow, nothing for us. Shocked and dismayed....

DTA-HOG
12-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Wow, nothing for us. Shocked and dismayed....

Please......... Are you really that desperate for attention? You got problems son.

Generik79
12-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Please......... Are you really that desperate for attention? You got problems son.

Ign please, need to show u some attention.

Judas Goat
12-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Ign please, need to show u some attention.

What are planning to do, have your avatar beat up his avatar?

Come beat mine up, too.

Sheesh....

Zulfiqaar
12-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Durty Warriors To The End!!!

Dutchie
12-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Another legend steps down... fully behind the decision. What was once fun is now just a chore... Tapped out and gone to heaven. Good luck bro in all your future endeavours!

Kefa
12-16-2013, 01:46 PM
It's sad to see legends and household names go into the history books, but even without having played in your tier I fully support your decision.

If any McGurts would like to join a very active and strategic team who plays as a solid team and gets consistent top 250 in WD with most members playing free, check out Navy SEALs 1 & 2. We'd love to have you visit Dude's R&R base and find out just what goes on behind that nano tech thingy when nobody's looking!

We are on groupme, so pm me your groupme info & come chat with us.

Truly won't be the same playing field without McGurt in the lists.

Led
12-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Good team sorry to see you guys go.

Maddog11
12-16-2013, 02:01 PM
At least some will have a troop in their inventory to remember you all by. Thank you for all you have done for the game. Farewell and wish you well in your future endeavors.

commander Don
12-16-2013, 02:03 PM
I spent 12 wars with McGurt... Why?

My time started in china, I had a hunger to improve my stats and gain glory in the process like many of you reading this.. I found myself in these very forums talking to Durt the founder of this amaizing faction securing my spot with mildly amusing 57k attack just before China.

I new from the very first war I was hooked.. adrenaline, fun and most important of all comradeship. McGurt, from day one was an honest fraction built on honour and friendship. During wars 2, 3 and 4... I came home from my stag party in a wheelchair.. got married during the next war and yep you guessed it went on my honeymoon the one after that. I have been through alot with these guys.

What made the faction so truly special was the leadership from our founder and our truly dedicated officers than put so much time and energy into the faction. No one, including myself will ever know what it takes to keep such a well oiled machine running so smoothly.

I myself have sacrificed family time, sleep, money (quite alot) but hey... I can look back, after so many hours of my life spent with the faction head held high with a warm feeling in my tummy and NO regrets what so ever.

I have been so lucky to have met so many amaizing people.. im too worried about leaving someone out so thank you to you all from the bottom of my heart.

So why? I have wondered frequently.. what the hell am I doing while tapping away like a mad man..The answer? Well thats easy...

Im a McGurt and a bloody proud one.

aether100
12-16-2013, 02:04 PM
You put a huge amount of work, heart and thought into your post. Its not a surprise since you did the same with your faction. . it elevated the game having such strong honorable competitors fight along side us. Good luck in all your new goals . Bravo and I salute you

SPWD
12-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Sorry to see another major group doing this but gree have brought it on themselves and it's only going to get worse unless they wake up,good luck guys whatever you decide to do.

Enjoy the real world!

Steve

Judas Goat
12-16-2013, 02:19 PM
My goodness, sniff, sniff, sniff, I'm a kid and I know this ain't real.
LOL
No wonder the country is in a state of disarray.
The adults are being gamed, while trying to game.

boco78
12-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Good luck in real life to all the McGurts;)

honest Abe
12-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Your time will come. And people keep throwing stones at those that want to crush the cockroaches...

Well played Durt well played indeed. If I may I'd like to enlighten the listening audience.
We (my friends & I) have been hacking away at this game since Greenland. We have learned a few things along the way which that even up to now have kept us hacking. Yes Durt even with Gree's assurance, the 99% solution has not vanished.

So here are the things we've learned
#1 Always have a legit leader so you'll never lose the faction.
#2 Don't hack your account until after the start of war. Gree usually runs a scan before war starts to catch and ban hackers. So we always wait until after war starts. This way they will be used to accomplish our goals.

We have consistently ran 5 man factions and had an extra 20-30 jihadist accounts, shareable accounts between us friends might I add.
While you fools have spent your children's college education to tap away, we've actually made money selling our tactics. Unless Gree finally get the Balllls to do something, we will continue to bring jihad against Gree.
The question to Gree is, How are you going to stop hackers who are looking to be banned?
We are not afraid of micky hack and fiddler on the roof. They bring challenge to the table.

Octane
12-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for being such a classy team!! You guys have kicked some a$$ for many wars now. Congrats on making a great name for yourselves and moving out of your top 10 spot with dignity.

If there are any of your players that are looking to stay in a top 10 spot please send them to Seslteam-6. It would be very much appreciated. We would take them in with great honor and treated with the upmost respect. If anyone is interested and can meet our minimum of 200k WD please PM me here or send me an in game message. My player ID is 956-757-821.

Thanks Octane

FromSealteam-6 To McGurt Happy Holidays and Best of luck to you all

Ferr
12-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Do not forget your first seconds as an Emperor. Live your life well sir and enjoy your bank account again ;)
Yours,

dledour
12-16-2013, 03:19 PM
This was a class Act faction... I know many of them....
Thanks for playing and interacting with us, both in game and here!

Durt McGurt
12-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Do not forget your first seconds as an Emperor. Live your life well sir and enjoy your bank account again ;)
Yours,

Will have to edit my post to include this. Thanks to Ferr for the planting trees method to get the AC. Back then the vault limit was 10 mill. My IPH only 300k... But with your tactic, I secured 2 of each building. Happy Holidays Fert McGert.

Durt McGurt
12-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Yes you were there. Also remember lord vader apologizing for shaming the McScum name. A sacrificial lamp will not apologize. This Dirtbag Dirty McChicken is a flaming compulsive liar. The idiot believes his own bulls.hit. He forgets others keep records too. Like the conversation that went down in palringo between his hacker wannabes and the magician. I still have the negatives dirt.

Skimming through your photobucket.... Think I might need a restraining order. Reminds me of poor ranger, who still hasn't been found.

Of all your photos, you must be proudest of this one.

[Mod Edit: No no, no no no.]

Yes, we get it, you are l33t haxor, no one cares. Your mom is calling, dinner is ready, meatloaf tonight.

Ps... Love your photobucket account name... Super troll. Trollolol

SOF
12-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Skimming through your photobucket.... Think I might need a restraining order. Reminds me of poor ranger, who still hasn't been found.

Of all your photos, you must be proudest of this one.

Yes, we get it, you are l33t haxor, no one cares. Your mom is calling, dinner is ready, meatloaf tonight.

Ps... Love your photobucket account name... Super troll. Trollolol
Hahahaha!!!! Well done durt, well done.

DTA-HOG
12-16-2013, 06:03 PM
It's a real shame this thread has gone in the crapper. I wouldn't expect anything less from the majority of this crowd. It's damn near more entertaining than the game itself.

Judas Goat
12-16-2013, 06:08 PM
The forum is the best ever. A kid can learn a lot reading this stuff.

Speed ump
12-16-2013, 06:23 PM
There's a few people here who are only happy when trying to put others in the dirt. Guess it makes them feel better about themselves. Too bad

DTA-HOG
12-16-2013, 06:43 PM
You reap what you sow, so surely they live lonely, miserable lives full of Cheetos and Mt Dew. The only action they get is when they spread peanut butter on their balls and let the dog lick it off.

Judas Goat
12-16-2013, 06:50 PM
You reap what you sow, so surely they live lonely, miserable lives full of Cheetos and Mt Dew. The only action they get is when they spread peanut butter on their balls and let the dog lick it off.

Oh oh, this seems way out there....

Spazer
12-16-2013, 07:03 PM
You guys did great and had many success. I would say that McGurt was the most successful top 10 team that ever existed other than SUP. I definately think that it is time to drop your bags and take a rest from this game. You may not know me but I have fought against you guys and I must say that I really envied your faction. We will all miss McGurt faction.
Good luck!

Batum
12-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Good luck to you Durt....the early days were fun.

Ranger4Life
12-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Good luck Durt. Quitting this game isn't the hard part. It's moving on from the people you have made quite good friendships with over the year+.

I was able to step away for a few months, but got drug back in. The constant disregard for what the majority of the game desires has pushed me away for good this time. Myself and several of my long time friends also decided to stop feeding the beast.

You've always been a class act. Hope your resolve stays true.

Bobar
12-17-2013, 12:56 AM
hopefully this retirement or shutting down makes gree wake up...

jon_funzio
12-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Durt, Wiz, Paul et al. it's been my privilege to wile away the long hours of WD with you all; I wish the very best of luck to all McGurtians past and present and thank you for what you have done to make this game a fairer place. Stay classy one and all.

Supra X
12-17-2013, 03:01 AM
you and your funny groupme avatar will
be missed! good luck and take care!

DTA-HOG
12-17-2013, 06:05 AM
You sound like you have experience.
If you only knew what's going on but you haven't a clue.

Hey I was a teenager once. Dobermans perfer creamy btw! I know what's going on bro... with real life that is. This game just kills some time that would normally be spent watching tv or smoking cigarettes on break at work. Could care less of the millions of dollars in energy you have spent for free over the years. No actually I'm kinda jealous. Care to PM your hack? Lol

Flash0810
12-17-2013, 06:10 AM
Durt

I guess everyone is PMing you. Tried to send you a PM but your Inbox is full. PM me as we have room for some players if they want a home.

BlackArrow
12-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Happy trails Durt...it's been a great ride and your name will live on in virtual glory !!

honest Abe
12-17-2013, 09:13 AM
And what do you know? Enlighten us. Perhaps the fountain of youth? Holy grail?? No, likely you would just point out kiddie porn web sites. Nice photobucket, point made.

Kiss my a.ss- fa.ggot You guys don't know what we know

hype4bid
12-17-2013, 10:09 AM
I was lucky to be recruited by the one and only Durt before the first WD event and had the good fortune to fight 9 wars with them. The officers were selfless leaders that acted with integrity and kept the chat room lively. For many who were fortunate to play with this group knew it was more about how many WD pts you were able to put up. I know my stats would not be where it is today without the plan that was put in place by the leaders and the selflessness of all the big dawgs.

Some fond memories…
Sir Elmo in Greenland.
Chasing WWW Monday morning in the battle of China.
Raptor losing his Orbital Hammer in 5 minutes after spending a week farming it.
Learn how fast someone can consume a bottle of Jack
Heard about Ginger beer for the 1st time
Canada’s lack laws on MJ.

Thank you all and long live McGurts. Can I get a “F*uK Yeah"!
smw

Master Jeigh
12-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Well presented.
I understand the action taken.
I am not to that point yet, but see and feel ya on this.
It would be nice if GREE paid attention, as this kind of decision will likley only accelerate.

HGF69
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM
You guys are all welcome with us.

Top 25, minimal gold and a lot less tapping.

Pm me if you're interested.

Sadistic.
12-17-2013, 12:07 PM
@ SMW.... McGurt...???

FU*K YEAH!!

🍻

Wingman GRI
12-17-2013, 12:20 PM
@ SMW.... McGurt...???

FU*K YEAH!!

��

"Wingman Paul" is still going strong :-)

Speed ump
12-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Su, thank god we don't know what you know. If we knew that little we'd have the brain of an iguana. I'm sure that works well for some people. I guess it's nice to be in the dark, and not have to know all the frivolous facts. That way you can feel free to make up your own. Oh wait, you have

Sadistic.
12-17-2013, 12:33 PM
"Wingman Paul" is still going strong :-)

Lol "wingman Gri". I'm so far away from going strong my very good friend, said it before I know I know but I have already picked my retirement home chair by the window so I can sit and watch the rest of you go exactly the same way 1 by 1....

Huge congrats to you Niels for being one of the first big gold spenders to say "that's all Gree" ..
Keep well Niels and have that fantastic Christmas we talked about!! 🍻🍻

droffatsto50
12-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Good luck to all of you wherever you go, it's sad to hear about this about such a great group of people disbanding.

Lancerdually
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry to see this but wish you the best!

fofito30
12-17-2013, 03:06 PM
After the merger between McGurth and WWW felt the right thing to do was support my Leader and transfer to Mc Gurth for another Top 10 finish we had been used at WWW. The minute I got into McGurth found a nice group of guys interested in making all ex WWW at home. Eric, Wiz, Paul, Pronkie, Durt, you guys it was a privilege to complete all those events in Canada during Battle for Canada.
Very sad to see another great faction dissolve. Hopefully Gree finally takes a hint and makes this game fun again and not overload players and factions with the systematic events

Sup Me Long Time
12-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Su, thank god we don't know what you know. If we knew that little we'd have the brain of an iguana. I'm sure that works well for some people. I guess it's nice to be in the dark, and not have to know all the frivolous facts. That way you can feel free to make up your own. Oh wait, you have

Gree Earnings: Net Slides 74%Restructuring Costs Hurt Game-Site Operator's ResultsBy*MAYUMI NEGI****OKYO—Social-games site operator*Gree*Inc. said net profit fell 74% in the company's fiscal first quarter, hit by restructuring costs and a lack of compelling games.The Japanese company also said it expects sales to continue to fall in the current quarter.Gree has been slashing jobs at home and abroad as it and bigger rival DeNA*Co. hurry to adjust to consumers' increasing preference for smartphone games.To woo back users who now bypass its games site to download apps directly onto their phones, Gree will release new games for smartphones and experiment in new genres in the fiscal half through June, Chief Executive*Yoshikazu Tanaka*said Wednesday."We've raised our ability to design native [app] games," as well as in-house Web-based games, Mr. Tanaka said at a news conference.*Gree is focusing more of its resources on the growing smartphone market he said.Gree is now developing more game applications that are native toApple*Inc.'s iPhone and iPad and on mobile devices that use*GoogleInc.'s Android operating system. Just one-quarter of Gree's game revenue is generated by such native apps now, but if that percentage grows, it would mark a significant strategy shift by Gree.Gree's mainstay business is operating a social-games website where it charges developers a fee in exchange for marketing and distribution support, along with analytical tools to help developers encourage players to spend money.*But game developers are grumbling—they already pay a 30% fee to Apple and Google from sales made on their systems. Having to pay another fee to the social-games platform is painful, given what often are slim margins on mobile games.For Gree, however, letting go of its games portal to become a game developer would cut deeply into the company's profit margins. The smartphone-games arena is becoming increasingly competitive, with videogame heavyweights such as Activision Publishing Inc. andUbisoft Entertainment*SA also developing games for smartphones.Gree logged a net profit of ¥2.4 billion ($24 million) for the quarter through September, recovering from a loss of ¥311 million for the previous three months, but still down 74% from ¥9.07 billion a year earlier.Amid cuts in promotion, outsourcing and hiring, operating profit rose 26% from the previous quarter to ¥9.8 billion, but fell 38% from a year earlier.Revenue fell 6.9% from a year earlier to ¥35.33 billion.A total of 205 people signed up for Gree's voluntary-retirement program, helping reduce personnel costs by an estimated ¥1 billion in the fiscal year. But operating profit and sales are likely to fall a little less than 10% in the current quarter from the previous quarter, the company said.Gree also is considering new revenue streams, including a trading-card business and from venture-capital operations.Shares in Gree are down 35% since the start of the year, underperforming a 40% rise in the benchmark Nikkei Stock Average.

Speed ump
12-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Apple's App Store remains hugely profitable for developers even as they transition en masse to "freemium" business models, with top apps bringing $90,000 in average revenue each day, new data indicates.
The top 200 applications in the iOS App Store are believed to post combined gross revenues of $18 million on a typical day
In a bid to increase distribution, developers appear to have begun to turn away from the traditional practice of charging for apps up front in favor of a new model that offers basic functionality for free, with paid upgrades driven by in-app purchases. This model, nicknamed "freemium," was represented in 77 percent of the apps for sale in the U.S. App Store in January — November saw that number spike to 92 percent, the data indicates.

Maddog11
12-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Just found this post by McGurt from back in the glory days:

As someone who raced to get to level 200 (without spending $$ on gold) I am glad that this has been added to the game. It was getting stale for me, but this has renewed my interest in this addictive game.

If any other high level addicted players are still looking for a faction hit me up...
198 272 601.
We have 20+ members who are all contributing. Health Regen +9%, Building defense +20%, over 500 fortifications.

Allday
12-17-2013, 07:13 PM
I have never been on Durt's team; although he has been on mine ;). Durt is a stand up guy; never to stand for BS.

sir elmo
12-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Sniffle sniffle. :(

Allday
12-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Honestly, I'm not a complainer. I get attacked all the time, I don't care to respond, even when the posts are negative. I would just like to say, Durt should be commended for what he has done for this game.

Mighty Min
12-17-2013, 09:48 PM
FAREWELL another god guy that got suckered in by this game, I"ve spoken to RAGE when he was quitting game, understood where this was going to back when 500k stats was THE achievement - good you woke up to be free now :)

ac_ric
12-17-2013, 10:00 PM
The guys over at McGurt are a class act. Great Faction and great team mates. A very family like atmosphere can be felt in their chat rooms.

On behalf of the lads from School Janitors would like to thank you for being great hosts in always welcoming us over and giving us temporary home away from home during non-war periods.

808BURN
12-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Thanks Obama !

Found Out it was Gree programming the Affordable Care Act website... now we know what happened !!

McGurt- always saw you referred to as McDirt but it was all in good jest(jealousy) as a badge of merit between fierce competitors ...... . Have a great Christmas..... also to all the other people that are quitting... whether you be known or not.

Greats like Big Lon, Sarah, FU Gene, Sum Ting Wong, Candyman, Fat Basterd, Chicken Livrnutz.... tears tears.....

Great times but not because of units... because of friends.....

BTW.......Has anyone found a game like MW that is still fun ?

Please Let me know if so....

Merry Kaliki Makaha

mickymacirl
12-18-2013, 12:35 AM
Durt,

Sorry to see you go, but you have made the right decision, if only for sanity's sake.

Good luck!

Infected
12-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Durt... mw won't be the same without you and your posse slitch-bapping the other top 10 teams every three weeks... there are only a handful of players that can harass everyone around them... win battles... and come out the other side having earned the respect from us all... and buddy, you are one of them... here are a few moments in time that summarize your character in my book of life... take care...

Infected ---> CAST A VOTE FOR BLEST!
Durt ---> Will do, but what am I?? Chopped liver?

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/infected_mw/image_zps3bb8451e.jpg

iDELPH has a few openings... cousin...

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/infected_mw/c00099970f0ba686f89b81314829dc89_zps890787ca.jpg

Screenshot from Battle For Australia...

Jaebee
12-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Cheers Durt,

I'm right behind you in the effort to put the emphasis back on the "free" part of freemium...lol

I always enjoyed our chats behind the scenes, so I thank you again for helping me and Unsullied and remaining a great ally throughout!

wwwmaverick
12-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Durt the way this game has gone, myself and probably many others are not far behind you. Good luck bro! Enjoyed you on the bus bro.

Inimical
12-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Many people are going the McGurtian way...

Einszwei
12-19-2013, 02:18 AM
I had the pleasure of being in the same faction as pronkie for 3 wars, and having rage as a great friend GG to McGurt and let a new era begin

Meta Rage Trollbot
12-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Seeing this post brings back fond memories. And seeing people like Sadistic and Com Don reminds me that all is good.

McGurt was a blast, even more so outside of the game than when playing. Durt was an awesome faction leader who made the experience entertaining. I finally got in too far and had to leave (not to mention the rampant "player glitching"). Gree made a great game, but with the loss of people like Durt and factions like McGurt the game is truly past its prime.

Best of luck to you all. There is life after Level 250.

Einszwei
12-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Seeing this post brings back fond memories. And seeing people like Sadistic and Com Don reminds me that all is good.

McGurt was a blast, even more so outside of the game than when playing. Durt was an awesome faction leader who made the experience entertaining. I finally got in too far and had to leave (not to mention the rampant "player glitching"). Gree made a great game, but with the loss of people like Durt and factions like McGurt the game is truly past its prime.

Best of luck to you all. There is life after Level 250.

Farewell Rage

Sadistic.
12-24-2013, 12:28 PM

Best of luck to you all. There is life after Level 250.my dear friend Rage, how are you buddy..I hope your sofa was worth the wait.... Lol.... It's members like you that truly made McGurt my friend and you are still missed to this very day... Only the other day myself and Durt and Eric was going through memory lane talking about you and your iTunes cards strewn all across your dining table ,ready for war with a bottle of jack... Man they was good times... Rage my best wishes to you and yours this holidays my friend.... Wiz..