PDA

View Full Version : Admins: Any plans to sort inventory units?

Oceanz
12-14-2013, 06:31 PM
I know this has been mentioned many times before, but as we get more and more units, it becomes more and more difficult to keep track of them.

I really have no idea how units are currently organized, unless it's by some particular identifier in your master database of all units. I would be very happy with ANY type of organization of units, whether it be alphabetical (which I think would be relatively easy to code), or by the order in which you receive a unit.

When I complete a goal and get a new unit, it takes me a good 30-60 seconds to find the unit in my inventory to check its stats. While that's not a huge amount of time, it would be so much more convenient to all players to be able to either look at the very bottom of your list, or find it alphabetically.

Or you could also probably do it like Crime City where a new unit's splash screen shows its stats.

Again, I know this has been brought up in the past, but I think it would still be a great feature that everyone would appreciate.

Whodi
12-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Agree! Any type would be great. Been waiting a long time for that to be updated

warrends
12-14-2013, 09:35 PM
2 years here. Don't hold your breath. To sort you have to be able to either count or say your ABCs. I still wonder if GREE can do either.

tomstenson
12-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Man, that would be amazing if when you won a unit it would tell you the stats. Follow Kingdom Age, each level of the LTQ's tell you what you're going to win before you complete them. Then, no searching is even needed.

It can't be that hard to fix this when other games are doing it.

What?
12-15-2013, 03:24 AM
Or when you are awarded a unit and the screen pops up, you click the unit and it shows the stats, much like the attack screen. Yeah this has been requested for a long time. The only thing longer being requested is being able to sort your allies by name or level.

P-TeCH
12-15-2013, 02:26 PM
I second that thought, for about the fourth time this year.

It's ridiculous that we still don't have ANY option to sort units. I hold several hundreds of different units in each of the four categories, and the numbers are growing every day. It literally takes me minutes to find a specific unit and there's no way you could compare your army to the one of your friends or foes in a efficient way. In my opinion this is a vital part of the game, what benefit has the creation and naming of new units all the time when we don't ever get to look at them? I mean, apart from the Top 45 units, I have no idea what I'm taking into battle and what not.

Really Gree, you guys need to work on this ASAP. Alphabetical order would be a start, I'd suggest some additional options to sort units like by strength and origin (LTQ's, WD events, Gold, Valor or Cash).

Perilous
12-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Select * from table ORDER by attack
Select * from table ORDER by defense

All they have to do is add an order by to the existing query.. Will be a performance hit but nothing drastic.

Sumiala
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM
When I complete a goal and get a new unit, it takes me a good 30-60 seconds to find the unit in my inventory to check its stats.

30-60 seconds?
Wow, you're good!

Sir josh
12-15-2013, 07:45 PM
30-60 seconds?
Wow, you're good!

Gree, if they are true to form, will let you buy the privilege of sorting your units

Sir josh
12-15-2013, 07:47 PM
30-60 seconds?
Wow, you're good!
Gree basically told me it is not on their front burner. Don't hold your breath

Chris_
12-15-2013, 08:42 PM
30-60 seconds?
Wow, you're good!

Same thing that I thought. With well over 20k units it takes me forever to actually find a unit. Half the time I must look over them then give up in frustration

Dutchie
12-15-2013, 11:55 PM
GREE only make changes if it makes money. This does not make money, so do one! We are not interested in improving the gaming experience as we are only interested in making as much money as possible out of you suckers!

Hooligany
12-16-2013, 12:30 AM
You have better chances to suggest "sort your inventory by alphabetical order/stats"
10 gold each time you sort and it disappears once you exit game.

jcfox6550
12-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Ok, so front burner would be what? Money

partcrash
12-16-2013, 10:18 AM
i concur with this rfe.

when i get a new unit i like to check it out and look at the zoomed (when you click on the unit) picture. i guess the kid and his baseball cards is alive and well with me :) ... but it takes a while to find the new unit which gets inserted seemingly in a random place.

please provide some kind of sorting. it does not matter to me what kind of sorting as long as i know where to look for the newly arrived unit.

Roscoe782
12-16-2013, 10:57 AM
if you raid for 1xp, you can see your top 45 units. That's the only way I check my new units anymore. Too much hassle in the inventory, and no, they won't change it.

Thief
12-16-2013, 11:05 AM
When I complete a goal and get a new unit, it takes me a good 30-60 seconds to find the unit in my inventory to check its stats.

Thats pretty amazing actually. I'm closer to the 5+ min mark on mine. I really don't even check anymore as it simply takes too much time....between the dozens of similar names, pictures and having no idea what the stats are (your also assuming that it gets put into the correct class as many of my X type units show up under Y type units i have pretty much given up.)

Thankfully usually the main prize we get a splash screen for and usually it makes it into my top 45. Also those that have a bonus show up under your profile.

9mm
12-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Or when you attack a rival it shows the weakest 4 units that you brought into battle along with the top 45.

If they do the inventory organization that would be awesome. Or tabs at the top, recently added, alphabetical, attack stats.

psuengineer
12-17-2013, 02:06 PM
So I went to update my inventory today and the order of my units is completely switched AGAIN from the previous inventory (1 week ago). I'm so sick of the constant change of mix and match ordering for NO REASON!! This is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that units can't be arranged simply in alphabetical order is befuddling, but hey, what should I expect after the constant problem after problem with this game? This will make the 7th or 8th time I will have to completely reorder my indestructible inventory. Absolute BS!!

Drakhoan
12-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Im sure if players are willing to pay gree a vault of gold to sort the inventory, gree may decide to move forward on this... otherwise I wouldn't suggest holding of ones breath.